Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meatballs

Meatballs

I've had quite a few comments from various different profession players I've teamed with in the Xan PFs, all more or less saying the same thing....

"Our Healpet (Morty) stinks."

It is far too squishy and isn't effective at healing at all when it comes to the booster content. I and both Morty / Yidira really struggle to survive in Arid Rift, which from my understanding is where most of the solo content is, and Neretva Canyon is a veritable no go zone as far as soloing is concerned. I have to run around the the new PFs at full def, and even then I get floored pretty damn quick.

Has any other MP found this to be similar or am I totally playing wrong, or does anyone else think our meatballs need a serious overhaul?
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Well, I've only been exploring the Arid section so far, but I tought it'd be far worse than it actually is.

I've completed alot of missions so far and soloed a few of those ruins thingies and all were done with ease. It's a challenge now and then, but it'd be boring if it wasn't. The majority of the time, the Rihwen was having the healpet since these aliens somehow love to target him instead of me. Yet, neither I or any of my pets got killed in combat.

For SoZ users this would be the time to swap to their staff during the soloing more dd could save your pet.

I believe our pets our doing good in there. Yidira () is nothing but an imaginary friend , and that is exactly how the aliens treat him.
    healing pet is ok imo. It goes down in hp pretty fast but doesn't get targetted very often.

Edit: Imagine they would have put LE-mission aliens in there..we'd get slaughtered. lvl 250 aliens hitting only 2k ish, that ain't bad
    Last edited by Corily; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 14:34:10.

Neretva Canyon is far worse than Arid tbh, okay its ideally meant for teaming, but in the case of an MP... 100% of it is for teaming, unless you happen to be extremely lucky in some of the Areas where a lot of ppl have been in and either calmed/pwned most of the mobs.

Beware the Drones & Commandos... they eat us alive

1) Kiting is your friend if you have the room. I've killed 10+ commando's solo, by kiting. Pray that Rihwen doesn't go down, or else you're screwed. (Also some of them heal each other, so hope that doesn't happen.) If you have decent RS (I have over 2.5k) kiting is very very easy. (Until/unless pet dies, then you're screwed.)

2) For turrets, put healpet on Rihwen and send him in. Stand at max range and nuke/debuff away (this is exactly why I use an NCU slot for nano range increaser). Depending on the turret and how much weapon range you have, you may be able to stand at max weapon range and hit it as well.

3) Avoid engineers like the plague. If you get an engineer on you, hope pet kills it quickly, and don't give any pet commands....

4) Yidira will only mezz very occasionally. Since the mezz is technically a stun, and aliens have extremely high stun resists, that's pretty much expected.

5) Rihwen will happily tank as many mobs as you throw at him. This is not always a good thing. Oddly enough I've watched him tank 5 mobs at once...haven't seen that since about level 75....
    Last edited by Ebag333; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 23:48:32.

I was in Area A earlier to take some guide screenies and happened to try out Rihwen on a commando from range. Unfortunately the pet aggroed another Commando, so I buffed him to the hilt but didn't set healpet on him. I just wanted to see how well The Rihwen did.... Downed in 15secs, after getting a commnado to 60% HP.

Needless to say I went down in less than that immidiately after

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    I was in Area A earlier to take some guide screenies and happened to try out Rihwen on a commando from range. Unfortunately the pet aggroed another Commando, so I buffed him to the hilt but didn't set healpet on him. I just wanted to see how well The Rihwen did.... Downed in 15secs, after getting a commnado to 60% HP.

Needless to say I went down in less than that immidiately after
    Not sure what de/buffs you're using but I'm kinda surprised. I always go down faster than my pet unless you get up into the 5+ range. I've not had Rihwen go down from 2, and certainly not in 15 seconds.

trust me he was completely owned, I couldn't believe it myself. As for the buffs I cast on him, I went for everything I had. Only nano I don't have is Evo of Pure. I always throw on anticipation, threw on nano + heal delta basic buffs on top of improved instill, higher chant, healthy manifest, Evo of Reinforced + weapon enhancement.... his HP bar looked like a strawberry sweet bar being eaten by a sugar fanatic - quite literally eaten alive.

I didn't debuff the mobs fyi, it was a pure test on how the pet could cope

Oh I was out of range from the commandos too
    Last edited by scenenheard; Feb 24th, 2009 at 00:21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    I didn't debuff the mobs fyi, it was a pure test on how the pet could cope
    Debuffs make a huge difference. You're talking about a roughly 20-25% difference in incoming damage purely from the damage debuffs. Add in the init debuffs (RK debuff + DWL) and the damage is reduced even further.

Additionally /pet wait is a very useful command. Rihwen's heal delta is quite high, so I've used that, Healthy Manifestation, and heal pet to rapidly heal him up when needed. This may or may not work depending on how many mobs you have attacking him. (For example I've often used this when he's tanking Technomaster, usually with success, though you have to be careful about stealing aggro yourself or someone else stealing aggro.)

Pet's aren't going to survive on their own. They need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Pet's aren't going to survive on their own. They need your help.
    A true statement.

If it's up to me it should be the other way around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corily View Post
    A true statement.

If it's up to me it should be the other way around though.
    I've played games like that. Heck, AO is like that up to about level 80ish.

It's not particularly enjoyable. Maybe some people like sending pets in and hiding behind the corner, and waiting while they pox the mob, but that's not my cup of tea.

There does need to be more balance to it however, especially at TL6/7.

Surprisingly in the new instances Rihwen tanks incredibly well. I've watched him tank 5 mobs at once, while I stand off to the side and nuke. Not sure what FC did, but I really like it.

We're long overdue for a 220 healpet, if only to make it harder for players to tab through to us xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

While I'm all for a 220 healpet, I dunno if FC would be or not. I'd have to look at various heals and see what'd be good. I was already suggesting 2.5-3.5k for a 216 healpet, so 4-8k would be a bit overboard.

I would prefer a healpet with a faster tick. Even if it was the same heal (about 1500ish) but roughly 2-3 seconds.

6 seconds is often too long for the healpet to tick. There are even times I'd prefer half the heal for half the tick rate.
    Last edited by Ebag333; Feb 24th, 2009 at 17:26:23.

I would prefer a healpet with a faster tick. Even if it was the same heal (about 1500ish) but roughly 2-3 seconds.

6 seconds is often too long for the healpet to tick. There are even times I'd prefer half the heal for half the tick rate.
    yeah that would be way better than 10-20% more heals: 50% faster tick and no one would even notice how op'd to heck the new heals are xD

P.S. instacast too plz, longer recharge is fine
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    yeah that would be way better than 10-20% more heals: 50% faster tick and no one would even notice how op'd to heck the new heals are xD
    OP'd?

We didn't exactly have great healing to start with. Have you actually looked at how much healing that docs, MA's, fixers, etc have gotten compared to us?

OP'd?

We didn't exactly have great healing to start with. Have you actually looked at how much healing that docs, MA's, fixers, etc have gotten compared to us?
    Ok Shield of Zset MPs will be even more unkillable, you really think this line of argument will work? Cos I'm all for it, I just thought you were all about incremental changes and suddenly you suggest something way more than I'd ever dare to suggest xD

I'll take this new healpet over new dd debuff nano anyday.
    bai2u!

+more AAD, 1800 heal @ 5sec tick might do it
    Last edited by scenenheard; Feb 24th, 2009 at 18:09:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Ok Shield of Zset MPs will be even more unkillable, you really think this line of argument will work? Cos I'm all for it, I just thought you were all about incremental changes and suddenly you suggest something way more than I'd ever dare to suggest xD
    According to you a soldie can pox any of our pets in under 11 seconds. So what difference would it make, especially if the new healpet didn't have any (or much) more HP than the current one?

Incremental changes are all relative. The amount of healing that docs, etc got (especially the support profs like MA's and soon Agents as they'll have access to some of the best advie heals) is huge, far more than doubling our meager 1500 HoT.

In many cases our healpet cannot even hope to keep up with the incoming damage. If an Inf mob hits for 3k that's a very hard hit, but with DD management we can survive. How do you propose to manage the 6k hits that the new LoX mobs are hitting for?

Now factor in the actual time that mob hits VS pet heal, and you have a 1500 heal VS 9000 damage (for inf mobs). You have a 1500 heal VS 18000 damage for the LoX mobs.

1500 is about 17% of 9000. 3000 (two 1500 heals, or halving the heal time) of 18000 is still only 17%.

So while you're talking about doubling the effective heal, comparatively to increase mob damage there's no increase.

As far as PvP goes, my healpet is acting at 50% effectiveness anyways 90+% of the time (UBT alone brings it to almost 50% effectiveness). Add in all the roots, snares, mezzes, charms, calms, init debuffs, heal% debuffs, etc etc etc etc, and the effectiveness of the healpet quickly approaches zero.

So lets see now. A 200% increase of zero is......carry the one.....add in the factorial.....calculate the prime....

Gee. Zero.

/sold

so when do we get it?

:P

@Scene:

Morti has a 7s cycle, so you're not exactly putting up more of an improvement.

Need a new and reworked healpet tho, that's for sure.

Edit: No more questing for crap, just put it in the LE shop for 8k or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast