Thread: Making money as doc

Making money as doc

Greetings everyone,
    am pretty new to the profession ,am lvl 156 and am currently doing mission tokens to get my 1k board; i have a sol220 but i find it hard to solo with it quite often.

how are docs doing at 220 for soloing stuff that sell good? i know in team you can do great and farm those db2 infusers but i dont have time to wait 5hours to find a team and then stay another 5 hours for farming.

so basicly are docs good money makers at high lvl?and what you suggest to farm?
    thanks for tips and sry for my nubness i played long time ago and now i rerolled and enjoy doc prof

cheers

rome red light district!
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

Compared to the "old days" of a couple years ago there really isn't much that drops from soloable content that is worth the time invested in the low drop rates. Anything that -does- drop that is worth camping can now be soloed by many more professions who will easily OD you.

You're pretty much limited to the following methods of raising credits (and I'm talking in the hundreds of millions), none of which are doc specific:

1) AI raids for lead bots

2) Doing team instances (like DB, Albtraum, etc) and selling your portion of the loot

3) Farming pande with the zerg for symbs and selling those

4) Solo farming rare items and hoping you get something before you go insane from the low drop rate

The days when docs could be considered a cash machine because we could solo things that no other prof could solo are over. The 220-250 mobs in inferno that fell into that class and dropped things that fetched amazing prices no longer fetch those prices. And those few mobs (Anansi Hands) that can't be soloed by most profs yet just don't drop enough to be worth the massive time investment.

Doesn't mean you can't make money, just means that the ways you make money are pretty much the same as anyone else these days.

aww thanks for reply... i missed the good old days when i was cru farming all day and then selling it

even if it took lot of time the pleasure of accomplishment of doing it solo was great!

Pulling team mishes..make way to boss: kill, loot, sell - rinse, repeat still works.

Slow, boring, but steady.

Well with the advent of Instaned citys, I see the CRU market gaining heavy traffic. Now all those orgs who didn't have a city, or "rented" someone else's city for raids will be raiding up a storm. and the CRU consumption will increase. Just using my swami ways to predict the future
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Doctorhyde covered most of what i was going to say, so basically ai raid at 220, alb team, dreadlock bosses etc.

Anyway just some other avenues that keep me afloat when the aboves fails which they do just about 90% of the time.
    - Items for low level twinking
    lowest 5 slot belts
    140-150 NCUs
    - Making specialty implants
    ql 100 jobe implants, aad ones can be made by docs. even no tradeskill ones
    AAD for the most part will fetch u some easy credits
    - finally twink ql bio clusters
    ql 75, 225 are for the most part the most expensive of the all. I sell them for 10m each and they are easy find with lvl 60 and 160 toons respectively in city.

good luck making credits. Theres alot of credit to me made servicing low lvl twink makers(RK2).
    {Edited by Yarkona: Removed political link} pvp
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
    By the power of Truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe
    Looking for a new Omni guardian for my gang of merry men, send private message if interested

You could always fix your soldier too. Those are very handy when farming:

- Inf dynas (you'll need some hp/heal delta/dmg here I guess. But most bosses shouldn't be too hard)
    - Team instances (alba, db2)
    - ai ground raids

Some ql 240-260ish symbs, heal detla imps (ql 200 might be enough), ql 300 ofab, dshark etc and you're good to go!
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

/me turns red light on and waves a $5
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer