Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troxdoc w/12 Xan Symbs

Troxdoc w/12 Xan Symbs

This is a follow-on to my stickied thread about getting Intelligent symbs on a trox doc.

For starters

Yeah, we all know we've seen a WORLD of ability buffs since those days (that guide was pre-Albtraum, meaning not even a Masterpiece bracer). Even Trox today have it far far easier than we did in the past, no doubt, but getting as much on as possible is my goal.

Note for non-Docs wanting to do this ... this might help you but remember that we twink differently. You get more +Sense perks but we have enough Treatment that we don't need to equip -any- Treatment buffs except for Spiritech HUDs. So all the +Sense you get is trumped by our +Treatment. As things go right now, the 300 brain will still be possible on a Doc first. But feel free to scan the guide for directions.

NOTE: It still isn't easy or cheap for a Troxdoc. If you're starting a new doc and you don't plan to invest TONS of time getting your buffing gear then roll a different breed. An Opidoc is at least a billion credits and/or many dozens of hours (depending on if you camp your own gear or buy it) cheaper than a Troxdoc. A Solidoc is alot easier as well. Nanodocs have about the same difficulty as Troxdocs in equipping this many Xans but can likely get all 13 in now and can get the Brain in for sure.

Not only that but I had to use some items that aren't easy to get. Tower contracts (up to 522QL, not a ton for a PvP org, but more than many orgs will have), Lya Sangi patches (NODROP shoulders from Halloween), Burden of Competence, etc. These aren't required for EVERY symb, but to get EVERY symb in (except the brain, as mentioned) you will need these. MA Docs with high Dimach will have it a little easier as you can use a Mystery of Pisces (which I have, but my goal was not to use one).

That said, it IS much simpler these days. I didn't have to do any "mid-twink" perk resets. It all got done in 1 day.

Addendum: I didn't use all of my 29 AI perks for this. I think you can get away with skipping Atrox Primary nearly completely, which means you can probably do this with AI19 or AI20. But it sure was nice to have some leeway Also, one thing I didn't put in the TwinkSheet was how to equip the buffing pistols. Pistol docs will have no problems with it. MA docs may find then need to borrow some CC armor to do it. However I did not need high QL Full Auto implants, I think mine were QL127s built from shop-sold implants.

Moving along

So, I farmed farmed farmed this weekend, hoping I could get my stuff done before my account ran out. I didn't make it. I started twinking this morning and my account froze in the middle of it. Oops. So I paid another month. No way could I leave it in that condition, I would never have possibly remembered what stage I was on when I came back.

The results after today are:

1) Troxdoc with 12 Xan Alpha symbs on. The only one I just couldn't do was the Xan Alpha Brain. I don't think that was too surprising.

I did get a 280 brain in VERY easily. 290 would be VERY doable. 300/Xan brain is (without Mystery) around 30 Intelligence (or Sense, whichever you buff fully will leave the other short) off IF you can get 750QLs of tower contracts (without towers is more like 50 points off). It is even closer with Mystery + towers. But I don't -think- Troxdocs can do the 300 brain yet.

PLEASE prove me wrong on the Brain Its not game changing if we could get the 300 brain in but it IS a darned nice upgrade. I illustrated this on the 2nd page of my spreadsheet.

2) I got my Shens back on with no Multi Melee support in any of my symb locations.

This was a real bear, requiring full MM gear and either a tower spot for a Learning ductor -or- a full ability reset (I don't just mean Ambidextrous, I mean full abilities for trickle, too) as well as all the trickle I could get in general. Far harder for a MA doc to equip Shens with full symbs than a Pistol doc. If you agree that we could use some balancing here, bump this thread. I did make a gear config to list the MM stuff I used, it will be included.

3) I did the whole twink using only Pistols for buffing weapons and NOT using a Mystery of Pisces.

That means this config will work for Pistol Troxdocs, Bow Troxdocs as well as Shen Troxdocs and should -also- work for any other Troxdoc who wants full symbs at the expense of their unsupported weapon skills (and that means it will be actually easier for non-Pistol/Bow/MA docs to use part of the guide since they have a bit more flexibility).

Details details

I have recently published my TwinkSheet. My old Pre-Albtraum guide was very textual and probably easier to post in a forum format. This time I recorded as much as I could in my TwinkSheet format including links to Auno configs. I'm also planning to make web page rips of all the configurations just in case Auno.org is gone someday in the future.

The TwinkSheet for this guide will have all of the pages of the one I linked to above but will also have a page that shows how much my Doc got out of the upgrades (I was curious, you may not be) and a separate sheet for each symbiant I put in.

However I'm freaking exhausted right now. I thought I could talk myself into packaging the rest up tonight for download but it just won't happen tonight (this morning). So for now I'm just giving a teaser about it being done

The order I used to put the symbs on was as follows, though the Chest could have been moved up a bit. Order does matter since some symbs use the same requirements and others buff things you will need for them.

Foot
    R.Hand

Eye

Ear
    L.Wrist

280 Brain

L.Arm
    L.Hand
    R.Wrist

Chest

Thigh

Waist

(shen sticks last, with some additional perk resets)

Credits

Thanks to the friends I raided with all weekend. 12-man may need some buffing but it's also a darned fun place.

A huge thanks to my org. We lost a lowb tower site in the middle of my equipping symbs and I was crestfallen. Not 90 minutes later a team of twinks organized and quickly took a replacement site. I was at the exact point in my equipping that I simply wouldn't have progressed with the OE contracts.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Apr 8th, 2009 at 09:16:48.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Spreadsheet log of the items / buffs used:

Google Docs

NOTE: Its not 100% accurate, a couple of times I ended up way over my requirements. But I scribbled a bunch of notes. It should be somewhat helpful

PS. Updated 2011-08-04 to point to a working download link. This file contains all of the Auno config links I used, too.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Aug 4th, 2011 at 16:29:14.

Notice: I wouldn't post this if I didn't expect that people would use it to essentially duplicate my gear. No worries. However it was a fair amount of work to get it all figured out and compiled.

If you use the guide and end up doing something similar all I ask is that you consider posting pointers as well on your stuff.

And if you get the Xan SUPPORT Brain on a Trox with the equipment that is out as of patch 18.0.2, please post what you did differently to get it on. I don't think it will happen but if it does I'd love to know how.

I won't be surprised at all if in a few patches something comes out that enables it but it could also be years. Its been over 2 years since the first Intelligents were put on troxdocs ... it could be that many more before we can do the brain. But it will never happen if you don't help push the envelope

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Notice: I wouldn't post this if I didn't expect that people would use it to essentially duplicate my gear. No worries. However it was a fair amount of work to get it all figured out and compiled.

If you use the guide and end up doing something similar all I ask is that you consider posting pointers as well on your stuff.

And if you get the Xan SUPPORT Brain on a Trox with the equipment that is out as of patch 18.0.2, please post what you did differently to get it on. I don't think it will happen but if it does I'd love to know how.

I won't be surprised at all if in a few patches something comes out that enables it but it could also be years. Its been over 2 years since the first Intelligents were put on troxdocs ... it could be that many more before we can do the brain. But it will never happen if you don't help push the envelope

gratz on the alphas, im still missing 3 intel symbs to finish my set ( ear, larm and feet). Before i go looking, what are the base 220 trox abilities so i can start messing around when i get to work this morning.

btw nerf soli docs: From reperk to 8 alphas and reperk back was last than 25 mins, only buffs i had were ibehe fg, didn't use any buffing weapons, no feet/hand armor, abli research 3/codex in huds. didnt really expect it to be that easy, had the intels sitting in a bag for a while, just waiting for the alphas to come out, so iIonly had half decent symbs in.

PS: i agree with balancing MA, I was MA before the alphas were announced, but the pistol love was too nice for me to pass up. I was selfing the MR on the pistols before with just 2 imps, now i can self the MR fully with no alien armor.
    Last edited by Brute13; Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:37:30.
    General of The Union

Votius .:.|220|30|70|Fixer
    Vostoff .:|20|25|70|Doctor
    Vachi .:.:|217|19|61|Keeper
    Vash .:.:.|220|21|62|Crat
    Socom .:.|180|05|??|Soldier
    Vithor .:.:|174|20|36|Enforcer
    ????? .:.: |150|15|36|MA
    Virucidal .|???|??|??|Doctor

should of rolled Opi, they right clicked on for me :P Gratz though
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Grats on this accomplishment .

Now I'll have to see how far I can go with my tiny neutral org's towers contracts
    220/30/70 Neutral Trox Doc on Atlantean.
    First (and only?) doc with Dreadloch Enhanced Panther and Lord of Abandonment --> Description: He has new ideas.

very nice! grats on accomplishment
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Grats! Very nice indeed. Think its possible to get all on, not waist and
    brain if you dont have boc?
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    Grats! Very nice indeed. Think its possible to get all on, not waist and brain if you dont have boc?
    Not sure if you can get 11 Xans w/out BoC, I had BoC on in every page and it was very tight on a few. Definitely not without decent tower contracts -and- without BoC. If your org has a lot of tower contract room you could compensate well especially if you use Mystery of Pisces.

You can definitely get quite a few, but 11 I strongly doubt. I'd guess 6 or 7.

Been on concalls all day, I'll be posting the spreadsheet tonight when I get done.

very nice, but yeah makes me glad im an opi xD
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Quote Originally Posted by Enfizzle View Post
    very nice, but yeah makes me glad im an opi xD
    At this point I'm VERY glad I'm not I might not have said that pre-Xan buffing items but now? Yep.

1 more symb and we're on par for equipment and otherwise I like my troxness better. I've played a fair amount of time on 220 Soli and Opi docs and Trox ftw! More work yes, but more fun in the end for me.

But like I said in the top post ... if I were rolling a doc and just wanted to get them to raiding capability ASAP and not spend tons of time on it I would go Opi or Soli (Soli I think though).

Aswome bud .... Ill have to save this link for myself.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

2nd post updated with a FTP link to the spreadsheet in .xls format. It should work in any current version of Excel or OpenOffice as well as being loadable into Google Docs (however ... your browser won't like that given how much data is in the sheet).

word to the hyde
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    pretend I just quoted Rsee, for he speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I also agree with rsee (omg noes!). There is no reasonable explanation that can be given

What i can say hyde:] i made i too on my troxydoc, i even put in 2 shens without MM in imps, was realy hard and i agree i needed all in game buffing items to made it... ear was the hardest part i had around 1276 sens and 1277 int :P was like calculating every points i can get. I did it without any before calculations, just doing any calc otw.
    Big gratz for ALL troxdoc who will put xan symbs like me and hyde did:]

Retired Doc Professional
    Nice post, hyde.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Okey I just downloaded the sheet, quickly viewed the different pages.. And really, I have no clue where to look. I may be tired (It's 3:20am here atm), but I don't understand much at all from these sheets. I recently got beta symbs on, which was pretty easy, but that's REALLY easy compared to Alpha symbs... I wonder, I saw a few items that I don't have (From your example (http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=131562)), and I wonder.. is it possible to get eye and right arm without both patches (Only have one sadly) and Azure chest? If those items are REALLY crucial, I'm screwed.
    Macite0000|.220/2300Nano-Technician
    Macilicious00220/2700Doctor
    Macii000000.220/3000Shade
    Macist0000_.210/2200Bureaucrat

That's part of the point of the twinksheet, to let you re-create it with modified gear layouts to answer questions like that.

Answer: probably

Hint: Given that I had QL300 right arm and eye in before I got the shoulder patches, since both are Strength-based support symbs, I'd say you have a real good chance

I have a Trox Doc (Nightline) Have all alphas except brain/ear. Ear will be doable once i do a quick HI raid for specs. Brain is NOT doable at this time. I did configurations with ALL items in game at this time and its around 25ish skill points short.
    Nightline 220 doctor || Nightwire 220 fixer
    Warpdrive 220 engineer || Pathmaster 220 adventurer
    Nightwave/Nuclearcore/Nightstorms/Pathripper || Nightfire/Nightfusion/Nightfade/Nightwraith

Nice work. Pretty impressive to get 12 alphas on an atrox doc.

I wish I would have consulted this guide when trying to put alphas on my nanomage doc - would have saved me quite a bit of time and frustration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast