Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enter my time-machine

Post Enter my time-machine

Enter my time-machine to 1 year into the future...

*1 year into the future we go*

/lft Arid rift / Xan quests!

/ch ot/clan shopping/ooc
    [Some guy]: Anyone want to do arid rift quests?
    [Some dude]: lol gtfo noob we all farmed our **** last year.

So this xan booster is based as a temporary farm, to keep todays current population around and to keep them grinding, but if you look to the future who will be doing the quests?

How can a low HP prof even try to think about soloing any parts of these quests?

Sure your org might help out but they have already completed all of xan/arid rift and farmed what they needed, so they are in db2 farming infusers for their alts or farming their instanced cities for their digammas combined commandos empowered infused alien armor.

So my question is, anyone who wants to get their xan stuff 1 year from now, wether they are new to the game, or just rolled another alt, they will have to take 4-5 months to get each part done?

Quote Originally Posted by Solssss View Post
    How can a low HP prof even try to think about soloing any parts of these quests?
    I can tell you that I've soloed virtually all of arid rift on my fixer (11k hp), as well as did mitaar several times with just a doc while the fixer tanked.
    I find rift far harder on my doctor, who has the usual low doc dmg but 6k more hp than my fixer.
    The Neretva areas were far tougher with the fixer - some of those mobs have stupidly high AR, can't evade even with all perks up, so 3k+ evades, 2800 aad.

But I get your point. ;p Would very much like to see either the raid instance made into a standalone area with no previous quest requirements, the areas a little more solo friendly, or give people more of a reason to go back and help out.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

*Steals the time machine*

Now I can go back and do any instance I want when it was busy.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Can you transport me back to when Clan had more people willing to go to towers?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Can you transport me back to when Clan had more people willing to go to towers?
    That will cost you logging in and getting my fix through arid rift quest

I've seen The Hitcher.

No.

210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

1 year from now i would assume that most items from arid rift/niretva would be supassed by all new stupidly overpowerd items to enable those last few twink challanged people in to ql300 imps at lvl 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    this post contains semi-useful information. Who are you, and what have you done with shadowsols.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    1 year from now i would assume that most items from arid rift/niretva would be supassed by all new stupidly overpowerd items to enable those last few twink challanged people in to ql300 imps at lvl 1.
    pets won't have changed at all though, and will only be used like leet pets are now in social areas
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Assuming the theory about them trying to kill off AO by puting more ridiculously long quests that aren't fun to do.

~time warp~

Q: How do we ensure they are forced to run around in circles. A: Hrm, tough one, I know, make the zone in SL, but not in SL.

How about the new players that are 220 in a year? Your argument is flawed and based on nothing but head in the hedge observations.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Your argument is flawed and based on nothing but head in the hedge observations.
    It's far from flawed. I would love for you to go right now and try to find a DB1 quest team. W/o having a massive org, your screwed. Nobody wants to do it bc you get nothing from it and it's not very entertaining. Same thing will happen with Xan.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    It's far from flawed. I would love for you to go right now and try to find a DB1 quest team. W/o having a massive org, your screwed. Nobody wants to do it bc you get nothing from it and it's not very entertaining. Same thing will happen with Xan.
    "Massive Org" being defined as more than the 6 (i know it can be done with way less, but we're talking about /buuhuu and /welfare right now apparently) people needed to do DB1?
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    "Massive Org" being defined as more than the 6 (i know it can be done with way less, but we're talking about /buuhuu and /welfare right now apparently) people needed to do DB1?
    No, Massive org as in atleast 6 people that might want to actually do it. And actually, 6 tl7's is quite uncommon for most new players to have in their orgs. Most tl7's in orgs are busy farming phatz, rolling alts, pvp, and other random nonsense and really don't want to do DB quest.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Solssss View Post

I've solo'd large amounts of Arid Rift and Neretva on my Nanomush Crat(11.5k) and Opifex Shade(12.7k), both frighteningly low HP compared to my Doc/Enf/Soldier

I guess what you meant to say was:

"How can a low HP prof, with substandard gear and no real clue how to play thier profession, even try to think about soloing any parts of these quests?"
    Hint: your fixer isn't your soldier, stop trying to play him like one
    Last edited by Drpajeron; Apr 13th, 2009 at 17:20:43.
    Sgtpajeron 220 /30/70 Solitus Soldier
    Drpajeron 220 /30 /70 Solitus Doctor
    Pajitsu 220/30/68 Opifex Martial Artist
    Proud President of L.R.R.P, Omni Atlantean
    1st Soldier named Sgtpajeron to equip a "Xan of Anger" 05/03/09
    Beetelguese has reached enlightenment on Deranged Xan... 1st?
    Pajitsu hit AI30 on Deranged Xan... 1st?
    1st Martial Artist named Pajitsu to equip Kuma Tonfa - Left Hand 28/12/11

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Ive done that quest for several people I don't even know, they just had to ask

If people are having trouble getting stuff done it says more about the playerbase rather than the content of AO. Not to mention these people that are power leveling to 220 have absolutely no clue about how to play and end up grouping together because of the magnetism of incompetence.

Arid rift, they fixed those stupid regeneration towers finally, I can go there anytime to help people with the quest. Already gotten 4 orgmates most of the way or all the way through it by myself with two man teams.

Nereveta, well its a bit of a drag there over arid but asside from the hard work involved in X the rest of the area can be completed in 2 hours.

LoX is the end game area. A raw tl7 will not do well there, a well built tl7 can do ok, and a nearly finished 220 pretty much can do everything but E and F solo in neretva, and if they aren't a DD maybe need help in X (which isn't hard to find).

Btw if you need help with DB quest you can just send me a tell to tank

Quote Originally Posted by Drpajeron View Post
    I've solo'd large amounts of Arid Rift and Neretva on my Nanomush Crat(11.5k) and Opifex Shade(12.7k), both frighteningly low HP compared to my Doc/Enf/Soldier

I guess what you meant to say was:

"How can a low HP prof, with substandard gear and no real clue how to play thier profession, even try to think about soloing any parts of these quests?"
    Hint: your fixer isn't your soldier, stop trying to play him like one
    Post wasnt based around my fixer and havnt even tried soloing with him in arid rift, dumbass. (He has 7-8k hp fyi)

Final point is, its boring to solo in Arid Rift which is what most likely alot of people will have to be doing in a years or so time.
    Last edited by Solssss; Apr 13th, 2009 at 17:50:13.

I soloed a small pizza once. well.... not all the crusts.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Anyways, newbies are the future of AO, if they come in mass, they'll do this stuff together, just that they were informed by the "roxxorz".
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast