Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Crit chance halving in pvp

Remove Crit chance halving in pvp

As part of what I think will balance out profs that have gotten extreme health/defensive boosts over the years:

Nerfs against the effectiveness of critted hits/specials over the years:

40% max pvp damage cap becomes 30% max damage pvp cap.
    Spirit Infused Yutto NCU's give most players at least 3% crit defense
    Removal of 3% base chance removed 3% crit chance from all players
    Profession Nanodecks give all players at tl7 an additional 2% crit defense
    Add in the original Crit chance halving for all but MA fists.
    Also when FC cuts values in half, it does not round up, instead it cuts the remainder off and takes the next lowest whole number.

I think FC can remove the crit chance halving now, and give people using Scopes+IGOC+Exterm Oc Implants etc a better than 5% chance to crit players in most cases, and actually make crit setups and weps viable again.

No. There's enough DD flying around in PvP as it is.

If anything, to even the playing field, Crit Reduction should be halved in PvP.

Before you say it, no, they're not one and the same.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

Agree...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

agree

Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling all this crit reduction flying around is FunCom's attempt to lessen the impact on AimedShot in PVP.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling all this crit reduction flying around is FunCom's attempt to lessen the impact on AimedShot in PVP.
    If FC wanted to do that they could just fix AS so it no longer ignores evades & can actually miss, like they did with Burst & Full Auto (used to be that both of these would always land with at least one bullet irrespective of the target's evades/def).
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Oppopji View Post
    If FC wanted to do that they could just fix AS so it no longer ignores evades & can actually miss
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oppopji View Post
    If FC wanted to do that they could just fix AS so it no longer ignores evades & can actually miss, like they did with Burst & Full Auto (used to be that both of these would always land with at least one bullet irrespective of the target's evades/def).
    AS isn't broken. For half the profs it's the only way to damage the other half. Fix evades/nr/perks/toolsets and AS will disappear.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

As this is a Game Suggestion and not really an 18.0 issue, I'm warping it to Game Suggestions

Best Regards,
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    AS isn't broken. For half the profs it's the only way to damage the other half. Fix evades/nr/perks/toolsets and AS will disappear.
    The one half - non DDs - are not supposed to be able to easily hit the evading half... since the non evade half usually has pets, nukes, heals or some advantage of their own. They got AS because the perceive check was broken... because it's a circular LOS call from the point of AS'ing and too much stuff just hung - and still hangs - when people AS. When the hide/perceive check is back in then MPs/Engies/Docs/Crats should feel free to try to hide so they can legitimately AS against MAs/Fixers/Advs. GFL. Until then, using AS is a virtual sploit outside of Agents and MAs.
    Last edited by Gastastic; Apr 28th, 2009 at 19:01:15.

I was debating whether or not to put this in 18.0 or Game suggestions so warp away mods

That would be fine since I doubt it would effect the CiB perkline in enough of a way to make the perkline useless. Only issue is would it be such an incredible and buggy issue of coding in a halfed critical resistance for pvp hits, or would it be much easier to just take the part out that says your crits have been nerfed.

Critting will only noticeably increase for profs using targeting scopes or flurry that don't have massive crit buffs. This does not include MAs, whose fists are not halved in pvp, traders, who have pretty much guaranteed to crit chance now, and agents, who have the same abilities to crit often.

So the question is, who would this benefit the most, and who would this harm the most.

Benefit:
    Onehander users, players in crit setups, lower level keepers and shades.

Harms:
    Profs without CiB perkline or spec blockers.

I would like to see some of this massive DD flying around though. IMHO if anything in AO has changed, its become much much harder to kill anyone in AO except profs that have been massively nerfed by say, Absorb mechanics changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    The one half - non DDs - are not supposed to be able to easily hit the evading half... since the non evade half usually has pets, nukes, heals or some advantage of their own. They got AS because the perceive check was broken... because it's a circular LOS call from the point of AS'ing and too much stuff just hung - and still hangs - when people AS. When the hide/perceive check is back in then MPs/Engies/Docs/Crats should feel free to try to hide so they can legitimately AS against MAs/Fixers/Advs. GFL. Until then, using AS is a virtual sploit outside of Agents and MAs.
    It's the same old discussion. Let me make a short summary and safe us both the trouble:

Me: Roll a pet prof, level it to 220, then come back here.
    You: I already have a TL7 pet prof and love how my pets are missing / kited / snared / rooted / charmed / calmed / ubt-ed / stunned / killed in 2 sec / out of range, and I can state here that pets aren't broken and work just fine. Also the people I attack wait when they are at 10% health so I can slowly kill them with my pets. The fact none of my own attacks ever hit and perks don't land is not a problem.
    Me: Lol at you being clueless.
    You: Some other arguments I disagree with.
    Me: bla bla bla

Some trolls join the discussion.

You: meh meh
    Me: oink oink

etc.

Pointless.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    It's the same old discussion. Let me make a short summary and safe us both the trouble:

Me: Roll a pet prof, level it to 220, then come back here.
    You: I already have a TL7 pet prof and love how my pets are missing / kited / snared / rooted / charmed / calmed / ubt-ed / stunned / killed in 2 sec / out of range, and I can state here that pets aren't broken and work just fine. Also the people I attack wait when they are at 10% health so I can slowly kill them with my pets. The fact none of my own attacks ever hit and perks don't land is not a problem.
    Me: Lol at you being clueless.
    You: Some other arguments I disagree with.
    Me: bla bla bla

Some trolls join the discussion.

You: meh meh
    Me: oink oink

etc.

Pointless.
    [blah blah]

So, uhh... I guess 'meh meh, oink oink' pretty well covers it.
    Last edited by Gastastic; Apr 28th, 2009 at 21:06:31.

Crits != AS only...

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post
    Crits != AS only...
    Good point. I'm all for removing crit chance moderators from PVP.

haha, your suggestions keep getting better and better
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Dunno if you noticed yet, but looking at people's setups as of late, not many people seem to run around with a bunch (hell, if ANY) Spirit Infused Yutto mems. There is the nerfed crit resist!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Dunno if you noticed yet, but looking at people's setups as of late, not many people seem to run around with a bunch (hell, if ANY) Spirit Infused Yutto mems. There is the nerfed crit resist!
    Because NCU is always, in the absence of a Fixer, a precious commodity. I never used Infused Yuttos for the Crit Chance it was for the extra NCU they gave. Now I can get more from LoX NCUs. When you run around with a Compiler/Range Deck/Evade Mem/Coolant Sink (the latter not always) in your belt, more NCU you can cram in, the better.

I would still have rathered, instead of getting +192 NCUs, they'd have done something with the range increasers/compilers/cpu upgrades so we could TS them so they got even at least +64 NCU on them.

As for this, as I said, there's already plenty of damage flying around in PvP, EVEN WITH 30% caps and absorb nerfs. If you removed crit halving, Agents would absolutely be guaranteed to crit, even people with CiB because they could have 200% crit. Traders are -not- guaranteed to crit everyone now, BECAUSE of crit halving, if you took it away they would though, a lot more and THEY have a very very nice crit weapon.
    Last edited by Hacre; Apr 29th, 2009 at 04:01:57.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

And?

Anyone died from regular hits only recently? No?
    IMO, it should be a source of damage in the game, you shouldnt HAVE to try and alpha someone, then be ignored for 5 minutes while your alpha recharges.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    And?

Anyone died from regular hits only recently? No?
    IMO, it should be a source of damage in the game, you shouldnt HAVE to try and alpha someone, then be ignored for 5 minutes while your alpha recharges.
    Yes. I got away from someone's alpha and an Agent fling shotted me. It crit too. If it hadn't, I'd have made it through the telepad.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast