Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cryday with Means - May 15th, 2009

Funcom employee Cryday with Means - May 15th, 2009

17:30

Fun and games with the TestServer today. Being disconnected after logging in with no error-log on the server for a couple hours is the kind of thing that makes me lie on the floor to feel better. It is a damn good thing we have some 220/30/70 technical guys here to figure out what is wrong or it would be an interesting weekend. This is precisely why we try to never touch live servers on Fridays.

18:00

Compression Proxy...wtfit??? Fix smart guys! Fix!!!! 101001001!

18:07

Fixed. Move along..nothing to see here. Test Server should be up again in about XXish minutes.

18:10

Pulse back to normal. Coders no longer sweating.

Test Server should be up shortly and we can get the chance to have a go at new instanced Pandemonium (or the non-instanced version should you so desire.) or be the first to build your own Organization city on one of the new "Serenity Islands" custom built off the Coast Of Peace. The door to the "Sunrise Station", the new orbital apartments is not active yet but will be the second we can safely fit the playfield into the database...which I am hoping is some time next week...it comes with a new vehicle too. See screenies.

Reset your Map Navigation skill? Sure..no problem. Start thinking about what to put in your client side chat filter...mine will have the words "fix" and "nerf" in it. Check out your hostile nanos running on others. There is so much new stuff in this update I'm having a tough time remembering it all. I'm certain you guys will have a great time ripping through the new database.

Have a great weekend!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Thank you for the screenshots

Yay for Orbital Apartments coming to test!
    and Huray for the "Phasefront Classic - Charon" and "Private City Guest Key Generator" too!

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

That vehicle looks awesome. I'm going to have to go out and get a mean-looking white cat to meet the Sinister requirement to drive it.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

A proud member of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.

I'm hoping Omni-Reform is requisitioning a fleet of those new vehicles with which to snag "unhappy" employees, preferrably with the aid of a black bag.

Very nice screenshots, can't wait to get home and check out TestLive!
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Start thinking about what to put in your client side chat filter...mine will have the words "fix" and "nerf" in it.
    Can't spell fixer without fix!

Have a nice weekend

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

Holy schmoke and a pancake. That vehicle is freaking "gangstah". In a good way.

I hope it is a nano-vehicle, like the paid point vehicles because it would suck to spend 1 trillion credits to get one, only to find out you can't hotswap the item you have in HUD1.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

First
    and foremost thanks for the update.
    I am loving these weekly reports.
    New car is too cool to be true ;D
    Best taxi ever!
    Can fixers get the ability to cast team grid and team fgrid without gettin out of it plz plz plz ! ;D
    <3 <4 <5
    Last edited by psyxorrr; May 15th, 2009 at 17:54:24.

Do you remember the Aimed shot on a one handed pistol?
    Some one has ot mention it and it might as well be me.

Though im waiting for the "oh and we killed aimed shot with the nerf stick" justification before i strt to question your sanity on a serious level.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

The Appartment looks nices like a spanish hazienta

The Car has a touch of ZZ-Top style

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

I hope it is a nano-vehicle, like the paid point vehicles because it would suck to spend 1 trillion credits to get one, only to find out you can't hotswap the item you have in HUD1.
    A nano from the DB rip:

AOID 281569: Phasefront Classic - Charon

This classic Phasefront model has been made in exteme limited edition, available only to owners of Phasefront Luxury Orbital Suites.Opifex-handmade with the greatest care and attention to detail the "Charon" was inspired by the ancient Earth mythology of the boatman who would ferry you safely to the afterlife. Like the mythical Charon this super-luxury vehicle offers protection and guidance in a dangerous environment. Notum-microtube reinforced windows and cabin make for a heavy projectile and blast absorbing peaceful sanctuary for the discerning billionaire who puts a premium on survival and risk management. The new Phasefront Mark-XII stream engine delivers previously unheard of power and acceleration making this vehicle a must-have for enthusiasts and collectors alike.Spring 29483

ReflectProjectileAC 90
    ReflectMeleeAC 90
    ReflectEnergyAC 90
    ReflectChemicalAC 90
    ReflectRadiationAC 90
    ReflectColdAC 90
    ReflectFireAC 90
    ReflectPoisonAC 90

You can find the DB rip here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Kind Regards
    Ariensky

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

question: how much will the orbital aparemtents cost? is it ingame credits or points?

will it be a flat fee or a monthly rent?

will the number of items you can drop be more then rk,jobe,job lux apartments?

i think the current limit is like 27 or 28 items

i remember hitting the limit when i decorated my jobe lux, which sux cause it's to large an apartment to properly furnish it with only 27 items a the orbital looks like it will be even larger.

will the orbital have a grid access like the jobe lux? and are there any plans to allow you to grid into (not just out of) it? currently with jobe lux you can only grid out.

EDIT: oh also while we're on the subject is there any plans to make dropped items in your apartment solid? it's nice to look at but furniture you can walk though is'nt very functional, i understand there reason why things dropped in public are'nt solid but in your own apartment it would be really nice.
    Last edited by windcaster; May 15th, 2009 at 18:10:46.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

How will you make appartment expensive when max credits on a character is 1 bil?
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Thumbs up Awesome

Thanks for the screenshots, they both look awesome and i cant wait to see this arrive on live!

This is one of those things that make reading fridays of means so awesome.
    And dont cry means, the huge enthousiasm from all players should make you smile again on this day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I'm certain you guys will have a great time ripping through the new database.
    Yup. So are all these damage perks really meant to have no AC checks whatsoever and thus pass through no AC checks, override reflects and override coon (or any other absorbs) ?
    The only thing that'll absorb them is NBG & a few other selected items...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Die faster Enf! MOHAHAHA.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Ah, so the vehicle is a perk alongside the apartment.

Means, I remember you stated in one of your previous posts that the apartment would be available through paid points as well as credits. Will someone who purchases the apartment via points also receive this vehicle?

Also, does this mean the new orbital club will be in this patch, or is that still some ways away?
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde View Post
    Ah, so the vehicle is a perk alongside the apartment.

Means, I remember you stated in one of your previous posts that the apartment would be available through paid points as well as credits. Will someone who purchases the apartment via points also receive this vehicle?

Also, does this mean the new orbital club will be in this patch, or is that still some ways away?
    From the DB rip:

AOID 281160: Orbital Apartment Door (QL 1)

If this is where you live - or if you do not have a place to live yet - you can enter to your (new) apartment. If this is your first time entering your apartment, make sure you are not in a team, while doing so.

-[Events]-

OnUseItemOn
    Name = StaticText Target = Wearer TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0 : You have received your promotional vehicle key.

---------------
    It seems to me that it is using the door that matters, not how you paid for it

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. Just to get rid of any confusion:
    The vehicle(the Charon) is a nano, not a perk.
    AOID 281570 is an item, but it is just the "crystal" to upload the nano for the Charon..
    "Name = UploadNano Target = Wearer TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0 : 281569 "
    Last edited by ArienSky; May 15th, 2009 at 18:54:05.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

my only grip against nano vehicles is you can cruise next to mobs..finding your nano vehicle gone..and you running..if mob aggro you. prefer hud ..if it's going to be cool looking vehicle
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Nice looking anarchy-mobile, sweet update Means keep up the good work FC!
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast