Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    Crat could solo most inferno dynas pre AI, well good ones, and they had no stun procs.
    Seriously stun procs were way OP and never should have made it ingame, along with GTH and a few other chosen debuffs. So whats crats arent easymode anymore, why would you want to play a proff that has no challenge involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Bingo!
    How much do you pvp on ur crats?
    More the nonce in a month?
    Ever at all after getting the VP armors/weapons?
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    here is a hint.. ofab == PVM armor, Combined== PVP armor. After all last I checked traders armor buffing trade skills really is critical in PVP... reeeaallllyyyyy...
    Ah, yes. That extra bit of Mechanical Engineering really helps take down those inf dynas..
    Hlep gnak!

I don't even wanna imagine how much will new eng pets hurt, they simply ignore evades already.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Ah, yes. That extra bit of Mechanical Engineering really helps take down those inf dynas..
    srsly it totally helped...
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    I don't even wanna imagine how much will new eng pets hurt, they simply ignore evades already.
    Fortunately they're bugged, on the 'to fix' list under 'dpm issue' atm

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Racatti, someone needs to buy you a new keyboard. I am personally sad that your A and D keys do not work properly.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I would like to petition because my pets dont seem to ignore evades
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

My pets tend to ignore my attack command, is this intended?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

No tech .. its part of FC's recent "pet prof" nerf

On attack most pets will not react to your commands.. or at least the main pet will and the other will stand around looking stupid. you do pet attack again and both will go.. or in the situation of the ninjabot for crats.. it comes back and stands there like an idiot :S

Honestly don't know what FC was smoking with the last /pet attack nerf but I think I know where all our subscription money is going..
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

*headshake*

i read sometimes high level, end game......

what is there between ?

look at the damage from every profession in the low level up to 100
    look at the damage from every profession in the mid level up to 150
    look at the damage from a few profession in the gimp level up to 220
    and after that look to the end level 220

what have a crat up to the way to 220 ?
    yes a crat have his stupid ql200 pet from level 95 up to level 205 and becomes the next stupid pet
    look at the deep blue Ranged skills from a crat and the wheapon dmg output.
    look at the childish wheapon ql who can carry a Crat

Test one thing
    Bring a level 150 solo up to Ado bring him into the garden and start the Ado questline, ther are huge differenz between the professions.

Test every 150-174 on the Battlestation
    look what a Crat can do.........i say it he can die die die

who rulez there on the BS
    NT, Trader, Enfo, Agent, Adv

who rulez on the high BS
    NT double+double+tripple(10 sek)
    Agent AS+Fling+Stun+dmg Progs+AS
    Shade BÄM

Stun ist sometimes breakable with a "Free Movement" and only usable when stuned from Crat then his wheapon dmg is low enough to have enough time to use the Free Movement.

the game performance goes only to the high BS
    pvp pvp pvp
    look at a ql300 Tower pf what the Crat pets do..........i can say it.....they run drunken to the moon and hear not to the master
    ***give the Dyna & Raid bosses a stun+root+snare+calm resi***
    Last edited by Brampfine; Jun 8th, 2009 at 07:19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    look at a ql300 Tower pf what the Crat pets do..........i can say it.....they run drunken to the moon and hear not to the master
    Sorry to say, but it seems that they got it after their master (at least in your case )

no no @Koizumi XD
    i never drink and my new crat is level 150

i play Soldier and know from the pet pathing problems from Crat, Engi, Mp on high tower pf´s

Fast Paced PVP?

Evidently Means has never sat through a trader vs. trader duel, lol. XD

I'm rolling a doc anyway
    On a serious note:
    would be better if one was kept the root, and one a short HoT .
    Stun procs aren't needed to do well in pvm. Snare it and abuse LoS *hides*

yeah, i agree

there has to be better options other than an unbreakable root imo, i dont mind the stuns being removed as its not goin to affect crats as much as ppl think, unless your pvp'ing
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Well styles... we wouldn't really need a procing root if fc would just fix roots and snares in general.. but then they'd have to fix NR and other defense checks.

Seriously.. just make the stun last 4s or something.. not like that is ground breaking its just 4 seconds of o ****! before you attempt to queue your next perk.. whoopdesh*ts..

Sure chaining it is kinda gay.. just make it so after a successful stun occurs give it a
    10s stun resist 100% shield as a lockout. Its still not very long.. but its better than hearing stupid kids emo by taking out the only real offensive tool I've seen yet.

Summary of Crat Woes:

Carlo's HP sucks
    Ninjabot dmg output (was helped a bit by le nanos.. but the duration is just lolable)
    Ninjabot HP is really low
    No "actual" supported pistol line (yea dread pistols.. mm.. flingshot.. yeck)
    Evades that only work maybe.. mm .. 30% of the time
    RK Snares that work in SL maybe 60% of the time that take use over Puissants
    RK Roots that work in SL maybe 40% of the time that are used over Puissants
    Both above which actually have the effect of snaring and the visual effect
    Puissants that show to successfully cast on target but are NR rejected my mobs/players. Land rate dependent on mob type.. usually 30%
    Dark Blue evades (um... what?)
    Empowered Calms (duration over 5min) have an insane Attack Time/Recharge
    Horrid Multi Range skill
    Dark Blue Pistol
    Dark Blue Burst/Fling/FA
    Pre 220 Non-Nuke Dmg.. Seems before 220 any real dmg comes from ninjabot or spamming IRoO or WD
    +Crit Beneficial Speeches do not stack with MA Crit buffs

What Crats have:
    Carlo can dance!
    Stun Procs ... erm.. nevermind
    Tiger AS
    PvM Fears - 450 Psychic req sucks.. but still love them
    PvP Fears - Making people run around is lulzy
    Actually working XP lines and buffs
    Actually working Speech Line buffs (although there isn't really warning for multiple team crats to use certain lines.. like using +Crit or +NR)
    Charms - Bump for making mobs dance tho
    Psychology - I can build T2 rawk.. wtb engies with this skill >.>
    Low Nanoskill Reqs - With the output in pet dmg and some of the other nanos.. I'd see this is warranted..
    Nukes - UBT/-NR + Dmg .. kewl idea.. makes me love crat more than MP
    UBT - If only the durations were longer. Useful on nasty bosses..
    Hostile Auras - Love em
    Unremoveable root - uh... yea... fix the real ones

Whatever.. koi add some more stuff gonna go get hammered
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Woe is me, I can solo alb I am so gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Woe is me, I can solo alb I am so gimp.
    even more so with the new unbreakable roots. I used to rely on having the Proc on the Horrors pin the thing in place to solo it.. now I get roots.. hell yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    wtf is it with crats wanting AS?
    If you're referring to the AS pistol Means did just finish saying giving AS to everyone is not their idea of balance and it is just a temp fix. So lets sit and wait a while longer to see what further balance patches bring before we start heading to his house with light torches and pitchforks.

What would help in our complaining is if we knew which were intended as real fixes and which were temp fixes they'll adjust again later or toss later. Knowing what is what really would help as I don't think people would have gone as ballistic about the AS pistol if they knew right away it was a temp fix that will be tossed later.

People have been using AS weapons for a loooooong time to the point that this is Aimed shot Online became a joke in the early days of AO PvP. It seems that since he has said they mean to adjust all specials and AS in particular they do recognize the problem and will do something about it so people can compete without the all powerful 100% chance to hit special that is AS. Only question is what these changes will be.

Quote Originally Posted by castaras View Post
    I think that AS should be locked to the few professions that have support for the weapons.
    Change AS and other specials locking to certain profs to adjusting their usefulness and your order some and I'm right there with you. AO is something of a sandbox type game where anyone that puts the points into skill X should be able to use non-prof locked weapons that use it. That's a good thing and shouldn't change. Although profs that specialize in said type of special should be able to use it more effectively than others. If for instance enfs and shades usability of AS rather sucked compared to an agent's usage of it a lot less screwy swapping for AS would go on.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Sooo Means, hows that alternative VP gain going?
    Some news on this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    Ninjabot dmg output (was helped a bit by le nanos.. but the duration is just lolable)
    Ehm...

MA's dmg buffs last so long...
    Last edited by krumpfwild; Jun 9th, 2009 at 10:04:07.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast