Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

yea.. CP is a great nano.. too bad i always forget to cast pet buffs due to worthless durations.. its just like those LE pet nanos we got.. 10 minute duration is great for when people go after your pets first.. but they kinda loose their worth in pvming

and shh about alb before means nerfs that too.. heaven forbid >.>
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Yeah taco its frustrating sometimes

I have personally not had too much of a prob with evades in pvm even tho they are dark in color, I get ALOT of misses etc..etc.., I have pretty much substituted HP as being pvm thats what u need the most. its served my toon well.

Horrid Multi Range skill<<there are more prof with this prob, excluding adv buffs

Dark Blue Pistol<<docs tend to suck on this too

Dark Blue Burst/Fling/FA<<same here

I Could have had cdr on my crat exactly at 41, tho i was in sl heading to the lvl 100 grind, my doc didnt get them on(with buffs) until lvl 70-80ish...

granted i prob could have with doc also at lvl 41, but that means sacrificing healing which is critical at those low lvls.

the Empowered calms are kinda like a "OH, S&^%" button, especially jlmn/lmn, then use the empowered to lengthen the calm(tho u have to keep casting. this is imo "Active crowd control"...as opposed to passive IE: calm and LOL for 15-30 mins.

Im fairly new to crat, but ninjabot? i dont even worry about a 3rd pet, usually just mine and a 2nd is ok.

Pre 220 Non-Nuke Dmg<< yeah this needs to be addressed along with "Better" pistol options for pre-220, the dark pistol of re+cdr gets alil old after lvl 125.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

i bet means plays a advy
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Well.. I whole-heartedly agree on the AS issue.. Having everyone and then some run around with AS is just silly. As for traders having AS... I don't want them to have it... I want traders to have their above 1k AR penalty removed... Seeing as pet professions and docs has the same penalty, alas those classes have other methods to do damage (and negate damage in terms of heals).

It was just a few days ago my lvl 214 trader got OD'd by a 216 doc... And I was really... REALLY trying to do damage... And no... my trader isnt super-gimp, it runs about with a Salabim supremo, CSS and a Dragon chest among other things.. and is still od'd by doc's in HP gear... And it's not like AS would actually help in anything other than giving my trader initial aggro and pain. (Yeap, you guessed it, traders die faster than engi's.)

So yea, add my /sign of concearns for the current band-aid fixes aswell.
    Last edited by Shinebox; Jun 9th, 2009 at 14:58:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    As for traders having AS... I don't want them to have it... I want traders to have their above 1k AR penalty removed...
    Would be nowhere near comparable.

The 1K nerf only affects how much +dmg (which is 1/2ed in PvP) you get from your AR, NOT your ability to hit consistently. I'd love to see how traders react to "hi, we're removing your Aimed Shot but be happy because you'll now hit for around 300-500pts more on regular shots".

The -entire- PvP damage/shields/evades/crits/heals system needs a revamp for us to remove AS as a reliable attack. There would be insane amounts of QQ and gnashing of teeth when it happened ... but it would finally give FC the ability to fix some definitely broken aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    (...)
    The -entire- PvP damage/shields/evades/crits/heals system needs a revamp for us to remove AS as a reliable attack. There would be insane amounts of QQ and gnashing of teeth when it happened ... but it would finally give FC the ability to fix some definitely broken aspects of the game.
    I think pvm or pvp, except for dmg caps, it should all work the same:
    primal dmg arrives > check with evades > evades lower than attack > attack lands > reflect + deflect calced > absorb calced > final dmg hitting player/mob.

if evades higher than attack > no dmg if hit was regular hit.
    if evades higher than attack > reduced dmg on ranged specials like burst or full auto (as it in fact comprises several "mini-attacks") through a diceroll > reflect + deflect calced > absorb calced > final dmg hitting player/mob.

Of course, this would require, like any change we'd do in mechanics, careful tweaking to make it viable, but still most logical mechanic imho.

All specials should be redone to work fully with their specialized prof(s) and reduced for non-optimum profs. Specials not meant at all for a certain prof should stick to a base template which is less viable then the specials made for said prof (say full auto on advies/fixers barely better than fling/burst dmg respectively).

Well, disgressing I am...
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

BTW, question for you Means.

You said you gonna use AoC graphics engine for the future AO. Does that mean that you gonna "steal" some other parts from the AoC engine as well (not just graphics one)?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Means, you do Envy the Xan.

Changing stun procs to roots.
    Ha we already have Roots! ya %^^%%&*&*!!!!!!!!!!!

Crats are one of the Smallest % populations of all Profession in Game.
    There are only less Shades & Keepers in Game.
    Bureaucrat 29671 4.41 % of Population in all Servers.
    Its not like the Game is full of Crats,
    Todays Population Stats. READ

Adventurer 62647 9.32 %
    Agent 49307 7.33 %
    Bureaucrat 29671 4.41 %
    Doctor 51298 7.63 %
    Enforcer 65231 9.70 %
    Engineer 51452 7.65 %
    Fixer 58557 8.71 %
    Keeper 21418 3.19 %
    Martial Artist 70620 10.50 %
    Meta-Physicist 48272 7.18 %
    Nano-Technician 44565 6.63 %
    Shade 15637 2.33 %
    Soldier 64939 9.66 %
    Trader 38745 5.76 %

By Taking away all Crat Stun Procs isn't vs Just a Nerf vs Crats, its a Nerf against all People in AO that enjoy Team PVP & Raid!
    you dont like to pvp vs a crat, Get a crat in your Team!
    U think beast or 12 Man is too easy w/a Crat, dont run stun Procs then.
    Let the Players decide, not forceably remove a Ability Inate in the Crat tool set.

This Nerf is A Game director telling the Players what you Can't Do= Removal of Freedom of Game play. A Nerf on Freedom of Choice!

Just admit it, u Want more Team wipes, in Beast, 12 Man, & all Instanced PF's

Means is in Envy of the Xan.
    The One "Necurat"
    One of the 1st Atrox Shades in AO.

And a Army of alts, In AO Since 2001 Including
    Retired>Commissarr 220/le70
    Bureaucrat ,Super Stacker of 255/Tunin.
    Master of Ergo. General of Hells Heroes
    "These aren't the Droids your looking for!"

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    By Taking away all Crat Stun Procs isn't vs Just a Nerf vs Crats, its a Nerf against all People in AO that enjoy Team PVP & Raid!
    You mean sleep their way through a raid? And no, i'm not exaggerating. The ability to get mobs stunned a significant portion of time they live is some of the most boring PVM excounters I have had in AO. It's about time FC addressed that. I'm certain that anyone who has the balls to say that 'Q /afk' PVM raids with crats are enjoyable is being extremely ignorant and disingenuous.

As for the team PVP ... that's funny .. do I need to explain to you what challenge level a team of players beating on a stunned player is? Even OSTed hecklers are more challenging game content than that. You're a piece of work. I'm a bit embarrassed for you ... you're obviously not some noob. Your post sure makes you look it though.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 9th, 2009 at 20:57:50.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Adventurer 62647 9.32 %
    Agent 49307 7.33 %
    Bureaucrat 29671 4.41 %
    Doctor 51298 7.63 %
    Enforcer 65231 9.70 %
    Engineer 51452 7.65 %
    Fixer 58557 8.71 %
    Keeper 21418 3.19 %
    Shade 15637 2.33 %
    Soldier 64939 9.66 %
    Trader 38745 5.76 %

Let the Players decide, not forceably remove a Ability Inate in the Crat tool set.

This Nerf is A Game director telling the Players what you Can't Do= Removal of Freedom of Game play. A Nerf on Freedom of Choice!

Stun procs rarely land and they are highly unreliable anyways, so who cares if they remove them.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Adventurer 62647 9.32 %
    Agent 49307 7.33 %
    Bureaucrat 29671 4.41 %
    Doctor 51298 7.63 %
    Enforcer 65231 9.70 %
    Engineer 51452 7.65 %
    Fixer 58557 8.71 %
    Keeper 21418 3.19 %
    Shade 15637 2.33 %
    Soldier 64939 9.66 %
    Trader 38745 5.76 %

learn whhere the {Edited by Venachar: Profanity is not acceptable} to put a capital
    Last edited by Venachar; Jun 10th, 2009 at 01:36:29.

I know a few people who have recently returned, tried out some PvP and gotten sick of it within a few days because they find they get stunned and are unable to do anything about it.

If anything the proc stun removal should even help bring players back to the game and make PvP more enjoyable for the Majority of people who play, instead of catering to the minority of Crats who want to keep the Overpowered stuns.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You mean sleep their way through a raid? And no, i'm not exaggerating. The ability to get mobs stunned a significant portion of time they live is some of the most boring PVM excounters I have had in AO. It's about time FC addressed that. I'm certain that anyone who has the balls to say that 'Q /afk' PVM raids with crats are enjoyable is being extremely ignorant and disingenuous.

As for the team PVP ... that's funny .. you know what a team of players beating on a stunned player is? Even OSTed hecklers are more challenging game content than that. You're a piece of work.
    Ok Mr/Mrs Honest Andy, lets put you on the spot, since you are the NPC Advocate of the day.

Did you ever do a Raid Command !c No stun procs?
    Ever asked a crat in your team to reduce the chances of killing something, Asked them not to Pop stuns?
    just because you dont think its fair?
    Have you ever seen any one , including a team member ask a Crat not to run stun procs in PVM.
    In 12 Man? Beast? Db1, DB2? APF10, APF13?APF28? APF35? APF42? Albtrum?Ha?
    HAVE YOU!?????
    I think Not!

Solssss Quote:
    learn whhere the fuk to put a capital

Eat a Leet! ahhhh

Its Where you Retard!
    Speak Engrish Prease!
    Last edited by masterblaster; Jun 9th, 2009 at 22:26:03. Reason: More relevant
    The One "Necurat"
    One of the 1st Atrox Shades in AO.

And a Army of alts, In AO Since 2001 Including
    Retired>Commissarr 220/le70
    Bureaucrat ,Super Stacker of 255/Tunin.
    Master of Ergo. General of Hells Heroes
    "These aren't the Droids your looking for!"

Where the hell were the stun procs 5 years ago when I upgraded?

Have the people that helped me with a crat have been so envious of my possible success that they kept the stun procs hidden from me?

I demand reparation from FC for all those years where I did not have LOLprocs.
    Last edited by javafan; Jun 10th, 2009 at 10:13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    BTW, question for you Means.

You said you gonna use AoC graphics engine for the future AO. Does that mean that you gonna "steal" some other parts from the AoC engine as well (not just graphics one)?
    We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Can you at least tone UP the root proc durations?

8 second long ROOT is a joke.
    Why did you nerf existing ROOT proc from 15 seconds to 8 anyway?
    /me hands this fool a tissue

Unless you found some way to filter them, those are the numbers since 2001. And guess what, there was like 10x more people playing in 2001-2003 than today lol. So they're completely biaised.

Shades and keepers weren't created till october 2003 so it's normal that they are a minority. Very few people were playing crats from 2001 till 2004 or so either because they did really suck a lot too (especially in pvp), so it's normal that the overall crat toons made since AO was created are low.

Stuns were never inate to the crats toolset. Same for evades, crats were never supposed to become some high evades proff (it only happened quite late in AO history after Metaing got in charge of it I think). The primary toolset of crats was also supposed to be their charms (that's why rk mobs in belial were really cool to charm & be used in pvp back in the days). But the game is completely destroyed now anyway ^^
    Last edited by Vassilis; Jun 10th, 2009 at 00:03:18.
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I did s42 and had 2 crats in the west raidforce. The artillery commander only hit me once. Shouldnt be that way.

Adventurer 62647 9.32 %
    Agent 49307 7.33 %
    Bureaucrat 29671 4.41 %
    Doctor 51298 7.63 %
    Enforcer 65231 9.70 %
    Engineer 51452 7.65 %
    Fixer 58557 8.71 %
    Keeper 21418 3.19 %
    Shade 15637 2.33 %
    Soldier 64939 9.66 %
    Trader 38745 5.76 %

Yeah, Means doesn't want you to /easymode your way through raids. You got that part absolutely right. Suck it up. People who enjoy team PvP and Raiding didn't like stun procs, and you don't see anyone here except lol-crats crying over their precious.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

the Population Stats show us how many toons are in the db
    but it doesent say us how many from witch profession play active.

i know from only 1-3 active high pvp crat´s on rk3
    and mid level crats are reclaim meat.
    Last edited by Brampfine; Jun 10th, 2009 at 09:28:25.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast