Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    I deny the power of the pants.

As an experiment, try walking through a crowded shopping mall twice--one with pants and once without. Verifying which experience is more powerful is an exercise left to the reader.
    that is but a mere animalistic view of pants.

the more technical aspects, and you'll understand as well, they are the secret to space travel.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    that is but a mere animalistic view of pants.

the more technical aspects, and you'll understand as well, they are the secret to space travel.
    yes, I have learned that pants are the key component of an Alcubierre Drive, they negate the "it takes one to make one" problem
    Last edited by Callmeburma; Jun 14th, 2009 at 11:02:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Shade's help? :P

How about making the shade's stunn proc work on bosses too? I mean wee shades don't have calm's and stuff to avoid being harmed and wee can barely survive some of the time on harder bosses like LoTV ( like any shade can solo that ) at least the stunn proc's will give us a fighting chanse.... furder more it's sometimes realy hard to cast the buff for the stunn proc and consumes amot of ncu, so making it work on bosses too whouldn't be alot unbalance for the shade's pvm skill... cose shades are SUPPOSED to be the best pvm'ers ingame and last i looked they wasn't ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykis View Post
    shades are SUPPOSED to be the best pvm'ers ingame and last i looked they wasn't ^^
    Where did you find that?
    i R not spik engrish

How about making the shade's stunn proc work on bosses too? I mean wee shades don't have calm's and stuff to avoid being harmed and wee can barely survive some of the time on harder bosses like LoTV ( like any shade can solo that ) at least the stunn proc's will give us a fighting chanse.... furder more it's sometimes realy hard to cast the buff for the stunn proc and consumes amot of ncu, so making it work on bosses too whouldn't be alot unbalance for the shade's pvm skill... cose shades are SUPPOSED to be the best pvm'ers ingame and last i looked they wasn't ^^
    LoTV aint a boss.

All profs need to be reworked profoundly, and from what I got from the few FWMs is that it's a big work on progress.

Let's just chill and see what the dev team has decided to revamp the game.

And before crying out when we see the changes made, let's see how they work ingame and cry after we saw the changes in action.

Ow, LotV is just a big nasty dyna, not a boss.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

checkity check your self

whats the time mr wolf

Shades are monsters in PvM.

Look at Corpsecreate soloing a zodiac (in Pande) for example.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Not everything is right here. Stuns are since patch 11.0 and aad aura since 13.2, So crats are meant to stun (best stun preSL) and have high aad. Primary toolset of crats is control, be it crowd or mind.
    Those stuns were no way close enough to what crats have now with procs tho. Actually, I don't even remember ever getting stunned before SL by any crat in pvp. As for the aad aura it is, as you said, an aura meant for everyone in the area, which is why crats don't have green evades (they have dark blue right ? I'm at work atm so can't login to make sure) and never had any massive evades crat specific items pre-sl. By using the same argument, you could say that crats were also supposed to have best offense since they have the best aao aura, but again it's an aura and they never had massive inate green weapon skills.
    Last edited by Vassilis; Jun 16th, 2009 at 05:24:11.
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vassilis View Post
    Those stuns were no way close enough to what crats have now with procs tho. Actually, I don't even remember ever getting stunned before SL by any crat in pvp.
    Correct would be "I didn't see any crat in PvP" except at tara or war as AoE root/deroot monkeys.
    As for the aad aura it is, as you said, an aura meant for everyone in the area, which is why crats don't have green evades (they have dark blue right ? I'm at work atm so can't login to make sure) and never had any massive evades crat specific items pre-sl.By using the same argument, you could say that crats were also supposed to have best offense since they have the best aao aura, but again it's an aura and they never had massive inate green weapon skills.
    Yes, crat evades are dark blue and people still call us evade class With SL we got 1 perkiline with aad/aao team aura, 1 group perk line CiB and that's it. I think we have high defense rating (not pure evades), because we don't have anything else to rely on as our defense. Hopefully FC will realize we need working CC tools and will give us some reasonable love and not lolprocs. Stun procs were stupid solution and shouldn't be defining profession feature.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    LoTV aint a boss.
    Yes it is.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Yes it is.
    no it's not. a boss is a uniq encounter. and LoTV are not that

Jo det er...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

no it's not. a boss is a uniq encounter. and LoTV are not that
    Yes it is.

Can you calm it with regular calms? No.
    Can you stun it with regular stuns? No.
    Does it drop boss like loot? Yes.
    Does it have the HP bar of a boss? Yes.
    Can it be charmed? No.

Oh look, a boss.

It doesn't matter how many there are.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Yes it is.

Can you calm it with regular calms? No.
    Can you stun it with regular stuns? No.
    Does it drop boss like loot? Yes.
    Does it have the HP bar of a boss? Yes.
    Can it be charmed? No.

Oh look, a boss.

It doesn't matter how many there are.
    this don't make it a boss.

this don't make it a boss.
    For all intents and purposes, yes it does.

Generally people consider a boss mob to be a unique mob only found in that one place. LotV shows up in more than one place. Other aspects are boss like but that part isn't so it can go either way depending on what you yourself consider to be a boss.

So mission boss isn't a boss? What about apf bosses?
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    So mission boss isn't a boss? What about apf bosses?
    Mission boss is unique (generated with each mish) and located in only one place: the mission.

Apf bosses are unique as well, and only to be found in one location: the apf sector they are linked to.

Dynas are bosses as well.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Mission boss isn't unique, it's a dyna. And dynas are random.

APF bosses can be found in 13/28/35 and in 42.
    blah

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast