Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

I don't see the usefulness in chain rooting mobs in PvM, outside of soloing perhaps. In fact, that'll be pretty annoying if teams want to mass mobs and stack them in one area or are quick moving teams. I guess crat should never enable those procs in most PvM encounters again.

Chain stunned bosses are not fun. The game is easy-mode enough already, even with this significant change. Oh no encounters might need a better than half-assed tank and half-assed heals now. Yippee!!
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

yay!

Stun in pvm was so op. The crat boss debuff is very nice, and when combined
    with stun proc almost anyone could tank endgame content. This will make things abit
    harder and alot funnier.

Great weekend to be in sthlm btw, 3 The boss koncerts
    and sweden-denmark soccer.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jun 5th, 2009 at 19:14:24.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Now what are people going to say killed them when they get pwnt by a crat?
    no one will ever know
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    8 sec unremovable root that comes next to the other roots crats can cast is pretty heavy stuff.
    Chaging 15 seconds STUN to 8 second ROOT is pretty heavy nerf.

everybody agrees that chain stunning a boss in a raid is lame ...

make bosses un-stunnable?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Aye, modifying some/many bosses to simply not be stunnable would have a significant impact on PVM. Reducing the durations or having them be evadable in some way would have a significant impact on PVP.

Neither would require the removal of crat stuns. Replacing them with roots.

I for one would never activate these targetted root procs, not in PVM, not in PVP, not even for ****s and giggles. It'd just be taking 2 more crat procs, and making them worthless like most of them. This is an opinion only, I'm sure many will disagree. What can I say, I automatically fire up stunprocs any time I zone, its a fast twitch reaction. Yeerrp, even when flying to the ass end of nowhere to buy myself a cupcake, stun procs.

Gee, even stuns being two-part, in that it comes with a stun, and a longer stun lockout (on the target), would be appropriate.

All that needs to be changed with stuns is the ability to chain them, not their complete removal. Theres so many ways to approach this without pissing off 98.3% of the crats. We're not all Sterva.
    Last edited by Dangerbot; Jun 6th, 2009 at 01:35:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The change of the stuns to roots has allowed us to add more damage to Crat accessible perk lines and make pistols a more attractive choice for the profession.
    ewww.. crats with their HUUUUUGE dmg/aao pet buff are already in the top of the DD chain ><

wtb 500 dmg / 600 aao on my ma too !

Crat stun proc will be something to tell your grandkids about! - "You know kids, the crat root proc used to be a unbreakable chain stun."

And Means, Stockholm is nice on the national holliday on saturday. Sorry about the weather though. =P
    And don't forget to check out Smaka på Stockholm in Kungsträdgården. =)

Have a good weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    WOOT ! I ve rooted the agent ... that can still shoot me ... and CH ... and UBT me ... well ...

and nice nerf to crat soloability in PvM ...
    You've never kited a pet? Durrrr.

As for PvM, it will only be a very slight nerf to Crat soloing. Crats were a powerful solo class before stun procs.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Bold decision on the stun procs. This kind of daring is just the thing needed to fix a few old bad ideas and allow the game to progress in interesting ways.
    (many people, me included, will argue that the auto-hit property of AS is one of these old bad ideas, but we can leave that for some later patch )

I do hope the crats get something nice to (partly) make up for the loss of stuns, hopefully making the gameplay more interesting than "I won the dice roll. now it's stunned". However, with heroic measures and those nice init debuffs, it's not like they'll suddenly stop being desirable teammates, no matter what replaces stun procs. (and in PvP, there's still the stun nano for low NR people).

Maybe now crats can finally discuss PvP without the discussion degenerating to this:
    crat: here's an idea to help crats in PvP..
    non-crat: omg, chain stuns!
    crat: no, not really...
    non-crat: but, but.. OMG, CHAIN STUNS!!!!!
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You've never kited a pet? Durrrr.
    as a crat ? no

as I m not TL7 .. not a soul tried to kite my pet either ... they just ignored it ...

but I forgot that all the discussion here are by and for TL7 only...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

I'll be in Stockholm for the weekend (at least when I am not in the car on the way there and back with my wife, 2 kids, and a large dog.) if I survive I will be back on Tuesday. If I'm not back on Tuesday...go on without me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Stockholm again? When will you come visit me in Göteborg?
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

as a crat ? no

as I m not TL7 .. not a soul tried to kite my pet either ... they just ignored it ...

but I forgot that all the discussion here are by and for TL7 only...
    PvP discussions should centre around TL7. Anything below this, is twinking, where people make the best of what is available.

Decent Crats will finally be able to dodge the stun proc whine. Though the new procs are currently very unsatisfactory.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

everybody agrees that chain stunning a boss in a raid is lame ...

make bosses un-stunnable?
    Most bosses by far are unstunnable, but the procs don't check the resist. I'm not even sure if the proc system allows the resists to be checked. (and we don't want another "proc mechanics" rewrite. They're working just fine as they are, thank you very much).

Come to think of it, this probably means that the new crat root procs should work nicely on SD perked professions in PvP. ..As long as you're actually able to land a few hits on that fixer/keeper/advy/shade.
    Hlep gnak!

Nah come to Turku from there ;D

Would have nice to had some info about upcoming bonuses for us paying players. As you have just spammed free time for un-active accounts.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    I don't see the usefulness in chain rooting mobs in PvM, outside of soloing perhaps. In fact, that'll be pretty annoying if teams want to mass mobs and stack them in one area or are quick moving teams. I guess crat should never enable those procs in most PvM encounters again.
    Means said something about nano-damage proc boost as well. Crats have nukes, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Chaging 15 seconds STUN to 8 second ROOT is pretty heavy nerf.
    Not if that root is UNREMOVABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I don't think Crats will use those in PvP.
    Why not? The question is... What kind of boost will nano-damage procs get (they sound more like additional PvM DD whoring tool tho)? Workplace Depression might actually hurt, with added perk damage and AS pistol.

Root procs will still be a better choice (pet damage > nuke).

P.S.
    Means, I'll take the root procs and/or nano-damage ones, if crats don't want them.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Further balancing for crats that would be staisfying is lowering mr reqs on as pistol AND dread crat pistol to 1300, 1400 tops so they would be swappable for pvm/pvp Its still ghey to be oone of the few profs that req different weapons for pvp and pvm and in addition they are not hotswappable. Yeas i'm talking top-notch equipements here. Also in pistol build .. .there's simply no ip for AS without leaving out other vital skills. Even a bit of perception is useful soo as = scope = gief us self buff for perc liek 400 too. That should do it.
    -outdated-
    Belven 220/19 fix < kinda retired
    Ishtardiya 220/24 crat < main dd setup
    Maryska 215/9 sold < boooooooring
    Yarpen 213/8 eng < ts hoe
    Trammy 165/3 nt < kiter
    Mangolia 167/6 nano enf
    Katchem 72/0 neut shade < phun, one day, i guess
    Zuoo 99/x neut doc

no longer playing

lol crats :P

I am suprised to be honest, but I am sure root procs quite annoying too.... but in no way as horrific as the stuns.

Funcom employee

I'll be in Stockholm for the weekend
    Cigarettes plx. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast