Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Alright, removing the stun procs in PvP might be a good idea. Except to see a similar nerf to shades, seeing as they too can keep you stunned for the entire time it takes them to kill you(that is the reason why they will be taken from crats, right?).

However at the time being crats heavily depend on stuns for survival both in PvP and PvM. Simply taking stun procs away without any boost at all to crats ability to stay alive is unacceptable.

One may argue that a DD boost will help us in PvM, but really it won't help much at all. Crats are dead in PvM if they use their damage perks and procs as pets don't have a chance of keeping up with the DD. Thus the crat himself ends up tanking rather than his pets.

Going from a 15 second stun to a 8 second unremovable root(which we already have!) is nothing but a huge survivability nerf.

Will be "interesting" PvPing an NT after this nerf..

Good news indeed...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Still have mixed feelings, as roots yeah its helpful BUT most of the mobs my pet tanks and he hits for what 1k crit? The sl mobs are even less like in the 5-700ish range.. and most charmed mobs dont hit for any more than he does(incase you didnt know this is the ql 200 bodyguard all crats are stuck with till lvl 200+) and yes we have nukes, due to the roots duration ill get what 1 nuke off? (which by the way od's my pet, then i get agg)

but it is what it is, I would like pet ar to be fixed, maybe do like one poster said and make it a 5 sec stun, and/or 8sec root..

just seems like everything gets worse for those under 200 sometimes

Edit)
    before the trolls point out the zomg op nerf in my sig, umm yeah thats scarcasm.
    Last edited by styles999; Jun 5th, 2009 at 17:37:05.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Nice stun procs are going away..

Btw Party time get your hind ends in to Baboons.

A good start. Now lets talk about traders....

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Further balancing for crats that would be staisfying is lowering mr reqs on as pistol AND dread crat pistol to 1300, 1400 tops so they would be swappable for pvm/pvp Its still ghey to be oone of the few profs that req different weapons for pvp and pvm and in addition they are not hotswappable. Yeas i'm talking top-notch equipements here. Also in pistol build .. .there's simply no ip for AS without leaving out other vital skills. Even a bit of perception is useful soo as = scope = gief us self buff for perc liek 400 too. That should do it.
    Won't the 2251 pistol req (if that's still current) also make it pretty annoying to swap on the AS pistol?

(as for "one of the few profs", advies will still swap the AS pistol for a JEPP in PvM, but obviously both the MR and pistol skill requirements are way less of a problem for advies).
    Last edited by Redbar; Jun 5th, 2009 at 17:41:02.
    Hlep gnak!

Good stuff, long overdue nerf to stuns.

Any crat complaining that this is a nerf to pvm needs to realize that crats will still be superior soloers. Much more a fix than it is a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Conciliator View Post
    Alright, removing the stun procs in PvP might be a good idea. Except to see a similar nerf to shades, seeing as they too can keep you stunned for the entire time it takes them to kill you(that is the reason why they will be taken from crats, right?).

However at the time being crats heavily depend on stuns for survival both in PvP and PvM. Simply taking stun procs away without any boost at all to crats ability to stay alive is unacceptable.

One may argue that a DD boost will help us in PvM, but really it won't help much at all. Crats are dead in PvM if they use their damage perks and procs as pets don't have a chance of keeping up with the DD. Thus the crat himself ends up tanking rather than his pets.

Going from a 15 second stun to a 8 second unremovable root(which we already have!) is nothing but a huge survivability nerf.

Will be "interesting" PvPing an NT after this nerf..
    Shade stuns are removable and resistable unlike crat's OP stuns.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I approve of the steps you are taking to adjust bureaucrats. Stun procs was the singles worst mistake anyone ever made in the development of the profession, both in pvp and pvm, and I for one am quite happy to see them gone, as they have really done nothing but stunt the profession's growth in every way.

Keep up the good work!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I cannot emphasize enough how much I approve of the steps you are taking to adjust bureaucrats. Stun procs was the singles worst mistake anyone ever made in the development of the profession, both in pvp and pvm, and I for one am quite happy to see them gone, as they have really done nothing but stunt the profession's growth in every way.

Keep up the good work!
    I get it..."STUNt" the profession's growth. :P

Stun Procs.

I dont know why do You remove the stun proc from game,then please remove the meta nsd proc and the doc initdebuff proc too because "too nerf". And do You think we can do anything with an "unbreakable root". We HAVE unbreakable root. Puissant Illusionary Paralysis wont break on hit's and all who know to play wont nano or etc til this over... Why do You want to make us gimp?Yes we can solo a lot of thing what other prof's cant(albatrum,i know Bombadoc can solo lotv too,please remove BI then too....). It's all about Your prof we cant heal we cant coon. Yes we can init debuff+root yeah...
    The root proc isnt a deal i think,give us something USEFUL. And i dont know why do You make us gimp and why make advies again the lovechild with AS pistol,can we get that AS pistol too?Dont think so...

Malhazsak

No they don't. If -you- do, you're a bad Crat, l2p, drink milk and grow facial hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ajszbrekker View Post
    I dont know why do You remove the stun proc from game,then please remove the meta nsd proc and the doc initdebuff proc too because "too nerf". And do You think we can do anything with an "unbreakable root". We HAVE unbreakable root. Puissant Illusionary Paralysis wont break on hit's and all who know to play wont nano or etc til this over... Why do You want to make us gimp?Yes we can solo a lot of thing what other prof's cant(albatrum,i know Bombadoc can solo lotv too,please remove BI then too....). It's all about Your prof we cant heal we cant coon. Yes we can init debuff+root yeah...
    The root proc isnt a deal i think,give us something USEFUL. And i dont know why do You make us gimp and why make advies again the lovechild with AS pistol,can we get that AS pistol too?Dont think so...

Malhazsak
    You're an idiot and a bad crat, be quiet. While NSD, Drain and De-Init procs are annoying they're far from comparable to stun procs. Stun procs are a catch all nerf all item, the others are not.

To be honest, the stun proc nerf is heavily welcome. If for no other reason, it brings all the terrible crats out of the woodwork so we can point and laugh at them.

Decent Crats never relied on stun procs. Never have, and now obviously (and thankfully) never will.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Yes I totally agree that stun proc is OP. BUT instead of totally getting rid of it why not change the duration maybe to 5 secs? Or replace only one procline to the unbreakable root (what we already have). Or remove the other prof's stun nanos (or lower nr check/recharge time on crat ones)...
    OR make bosses (apf, alb, beast, anything) unstunnable plus stun resist perks should give resistence to stun procs as well.
    Neekochan 220/30/70 Clan Bureaucrat
    Tooya 220/21/60 Clan MP
    Kagerou 150/19/42 Clan Fixer

... and others who I lazy to mention

@}-,-`-

Quote Originally Posted by TTFKAK View Post

Regardless if that root is UNREMOVABLE.

I fixed that for you.

Unremovable Stun> unremovable root
    15>8 seconds

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFKAK View Post
    Why not? The question is... What kind of boost will nano-damage procs get (they sound more like additional PvM DD whoring tool tho)?
    Irrelevant. They get 200% , they could get 10000%, no one will use unreliable nanodamage proc with 8 second duration, where you cant even tell if its running, have to spend time nuking, and your nukes have to actually land, over root procs.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jun 5th, 2009 at 18:16:48.

Well i have a shade and if they take away that stun proc (14-15% chance, 4sec stun) than we would fail in pvp, cose every1 know that shade cant kill u if u are moving. WTS out of range!!

also i think shade stun can be removed with FM (not sure)
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Yep, stuns werent everything. basicly relying on a chance

the root is iffy tho, not sure how it will pan out for pvm. ill have to play with it before i make my mind up about the changes
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You're an idiot and a bad crat, be quiet.
    The mandatory post in every single thread by Mr. Does-not-play-but-knows-it-all.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    PvP discussions should centre around TL7. Anything below this, is twinking, where people make the best of what is available.
    that's your opinion ... I realy would like to know FC opinion on this ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

"Chain-stunned boss monsters are not fun for anyone..."

it is fun :s

but yay, go crats reroll!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Cigarettes plx. =D
    lol! You should share some with me! Lucky Strikes?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast