Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Time for some nice RI/GTH/BR nerfing now since we already have the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Time for some nice RI/GTH/BR nerfing now since we already have the ball rolling.
    as well as triples

If your going to nerf the only thing good going for crats..

How about you nerf roots and snares (not procs) so they actually work in pvm.. Hell nothing makes me want to facepalm more than doing a "on the level" puissant root and having a mob in inf easy mish run around like it broke on successful cast.

200/300% Nano damage... mm.. yea... I find no reason to use that.. ever. If I'm kiting something I'm not going to waste time casting a nuke when i can burst/fling/fa the crap out of it and then get killed by reloading.

Getting an unremovable root.. might be a good idea if it isn't as stupid as normal roots in our toolset.. hell half the time i use RK roots cause puissant roots break too much.. either that or they last like 3s (or at least get the visual effect and don't do anything).

And wtb a message for special "On monster" effect nanos like puissant roots. It should say. Your nano <nano name> was accepted by <monster>'s NCU, but was purged by Nano Resistance programs.
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I fixed that for you.

Unremovable Stun> unremovable root
    15>8 seconds

Thanks.
    Yeah, I am aware that "Unremovable Stun> unremovable root", it most certainly is, but... Those stuns were extremely stupid to begin with. They shouldn't have existed in a first place.

Irrelevant. They get 200% , they could get 10000%, no one will use unreliable nanodamage proc with 8 second duration, where you cant even tell if its running, have to spend time nuking, and your nukes have to actually land, over root procs.
    I would. Can I have it? Pwetty pwease, with brown sugar on top.

They should also reconsider lowering MP's NSD proc duration from 1 minute to 10 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    200/300% Nano damage... mm.. yea... I find no reason to use that.. ever.
    Funcom, please give it to MPs. You can give crats this in exchange.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You're an idiot and a bad crat, be quiet.
    Yes maybe im an idiot,but i dont think so im a "bad crat",and i dont know why are you here if you "/camp",to flame?This isnt that place...

Quote Originally Posted by boombox View Post
    as well as triples
    Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    If your going to nerf the only thing good going for crats..
    Stopped reading right there. If you want to make a case for something don't start off with total BS like that and expect people to take your post seriously.

Thumbs up

Stun nerf is welcomed.

I will honestly say I became a CRAP CRAT because of it, I got used to just send pets and attack and sometimes /afk not caring if I died because I knew I had a good chance to win by keeping the mob stunned.

Same with PvP (and I don't like PvP but I needed vp), I went for the stuns and would cackle because it was IMPOSSIBLE to counter the stuns. My target needed others to chase me away.

Before the stun procs, I was able to SOLO most inf dynas with no problem, kiting sometimes, I was focused, I knew exactly what nanos to use, when to back up, heal up and keep going, ready to pop another pet/charm, etc.

Now, I got so damn lazy, I practically switched to my 220/70/30 keeper and my 220/65/30 agent and don't play crat much.

The MAIN reason why people asked me to join their team was to stun so they could turn an encounter into "easy cake" and I hated it.

Means was correct to change this, I rather get back to sharpening my SKILLS as a gamer to use my crat as I used to, than having to continue being the "stun totem"... we already were the "xp totem" during inf missions/axp farming, enough was enough.

Thanks Means, great job and looking forward to the improvement of the crat toolset.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Well personally i think the stun duration should be looked at not taking stuns away, that is like taking a MA's unstunnable away or his heals, or taking a doc's init debuff procs away, stun procs are a key to crats being able to play or be of any use besides and freaking xp/sk stick for a team, crats have always had stuns if not in the shap of a proc then in the shape of a nano and just when crats can actually so something for them selves and the prof becomes better you take away something that is vital to there play style. I know that alot of people that have made crats will stop playing them or even reroll them because one of the main reasons they made a crat was for the stuns. my self included even though my crat is 218, while you are nerfing things, nerf the fact that traders can debuff my nano skills for almost 2 mins and then nerf, agents ability to AS hell why not nerf everyone there is atleast 1 thing people whine about them being over powered but hey it only matters when agents, enf, and sols get killed by a prof they thing shouldnt be able to kill them
    Last edited by Coreunit; Jun 5th, 2009 at 20:22:42.

Stun proc had to go away, it's good thing. Looking forward pets getting long needed treatment and AS "fix" after temp solution.
    i R not spik engrish

holy crap, an evil of AO have been/going to be removed.

We can talk about crats need a boost after the stuns have been removed, sure. but the stun procs were the most stupid things I have ever seen in a game.

and that it ever left test server is a mystery to me.

gj with crat stun nerf, being stunned for 15 seconds wasnt that bad though. now rework gth perhaps? being helpless for 1 minute is retarded, on any prof

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    holy crap, an evil of AO have been/going to be removed.

We can talk about crats need a boost after the stuns have been removed, sure. but the stun procs were the most stupid things I have ever seen in a game.

and that it ever left test server is a mystery to me.
    Test server is not as populated as live servers, so once it goes to a much larger number of players the problem sooner or later comes to light.

Some still say "pls dont take away my /afk tool"... while I say "stay awake and play the game genius"...

Stuns made the game too easy, solo and in team, period. It needed to be removed.

I'm a 220/70/30 crat, and I support this change.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

As an alb and 12 man farmer I am going to miss that proc. But at least instead of seeing teams stacked with crats now at least more professions will have a chance to join teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreunit View Post
    Well personally i think the stun duration should be looked at not taking stuns away, that is like taking a MA's unstunnable away or his heals, or taking a doc's init debuff procs away, stun procs are a key to crats being able to play or be of any use besides and freaking xp/sk stick for a team, crats have always had stuns if not in the shap of a proc then in the shape of a nano and just when crats can actually so something for them selves and the prof becomes better you take away something that is vital to there play style. I know that alot of people that have made crats will stop playing them or even reroll them because one of the main reasons they made a crat was for the stuns. my self included even though my crat is 218, while you are nerfing things, nerf the fact that traders can debuff my nano skills for almost 2 mins and then nerf, agents ability to AS hell why not nerf everyone there is atleast 1 thing people whine about them being over powered but hey it only matters when agents, enf, and sols get killed by a prof they thing shouldnt be able to kill them

Docs proc doesnt make you totally paralyzed and unable to do anything. you can still attack with 99% of your dd since it comes from specials and perks, not regular attacks.

Stuns made pvm quite boring and abit to easy. Teams(myself included) allways looking for the easy way to do things with crat in team.

Now there will be a huge diff when playing with a really good tanking enf and a bad one. as it should. Docs will have to stay awake now to.

Crats will still have MoZ boss debuff and other good things + being a very good dd.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Woah this is a good step. Stun procs were one reason most new bosses fresh from the oven we getting owned by a third of the expected force before being deserted. Adjusting durations and making them removable would have been less brutal but heh.

Also in pvp, being stunned for 30s or more is plain ridiculous. With a crat procing me and using his other cc tools on me I even canceled ams so I can die faster. No matter what, losing control of your character for that long is ridiculous. Again as long as they were in, they would prevent any good addition.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Having endured the early days of having my NT nerfed into NOTHING, and the years later they were "fixed", I would have to say:

NOT AGAIN.

Taking the stun away... well I could take or leave that, seriously.

But we already have root procs. An unremovable root proc might help if our pets get a boost. but keep in mind how easy it is to deprive a crat of his or her pets. Nano shut downs from MP's and traders, roots, snares, ubt, decrept. not to mention their lack of run speed in keeping up, or chasing down etc.........

Being an exclusive pistol crat i would like to remind people that your weapon had to land in order to give a chance to actually stun. I know my ar was never high enough to land on any constant level.

This is a drastic change to one of our tool sets. Please make drastic changes in the way you compensate. I do not wish for another 4 years of begging for a fix to my prof.

I would love to see somthing that shuts down weapon skills same way mps shut down nano skills.

also remember crats were defensive, with all the adjustments to ar etc, and no real improvement in def we were left behind.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Levantine View Post
    now rework gth perhaps? being helpless for 1 minute is retarded, on any prof
    So is losing up to 90% of your health, by only one hit. Rework triples as well?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Ok, so youre nerfing pvm crats' primary LE benefit, time to give us something in return. In exchange for this nerf, fix vp in le mission rewards, such that pvm and pvp give equal rewards, 1k vp for a win at 210+ for example.

Seriously, I dont see why I should keep paying for the pvm game I play if pvper considerations are going to trump my concerns every single damn time just because they whine louder on the forums. If there were really enough of them to model your business around them you wouldnt need pvmers in the bs ffs.

Give me something worthwhile in return for my time and money, you dont have so many customers that you can afford to throw them away. And no, really short root procs arent worth the time you spent coding them.

my 5 cent

I think most of the profs have lost thier role in teams and raids.Like enfs used to be no raid without enf or we need tank for this ,i mean enforcers but now evryone is tank

Docs i mean it used to be damn very hard to play doc or i mean to be doc of team now they have way to much heals does not need anymore good skills to push 14k heals and other thing we used to say get the mobs of docs bcs they used to be not liking agros now docs just tank evrything fine

Engs used to be doing ,hmm donno what maybe making stuffs or blockers or binders i mean thye are kinda fixing broken stuffs but now oh boy 20k+ 2 perm mongo raged pets
    anyways i need to go but lotsa profs lost thier true meanning or roles in community
    sry it looks like 3 cent i will add an other 2 cents when i have time

babek...

now you've got a point

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast