Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

I am not sure, but I think I'm still hallucinating after last night. I'll be rather pissed if I wake up in a few hours and find out that I did, in fact, dream the whole thing.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Hi I just wanted to say

THANK
    YOU
    MEANS!!!!!!!

God damn I am so tired of stuns lasting so long, you could mate have the kid, raise the kid and build a friggin house, before it's over!
    For real, about fking time, gj on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

oh yes... stun procs is allowed cheating ^^
    I thought there was a state wide ban on selling klingon weaponry to arachnids.
    This quote is from back on earth

this sucks

i would just like to say, that over the past few months, you have nerfed my crat to the point i dont even want to play. i get wtf pwnd by nt's with 1 triple in BS, my wep skill set sucks, and now you are taking my best defense... stuns. thanks for nothing

LONNICRAT

You get wtfpwned by one single Triple? Omg, I thoughtthe AI in this game is bad, but now I realize that it's good enough to grant NPCs the ability to post into forums. OMGZ!!!!1!!1! Nerf mob AI plz! kthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    First off: Yes, the stun procs have been "nerfed".
    No they werent.
    You simply removed them. Thats not even a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    They will now function as non-removable roots and their durations have been adjusted down to make sense with the fast pace of AO pvp...
    What a joke...

So lets see what we have here...
    Non-working evades, while being a profession relying on heavily on evades.
    Non-working roots/snares while being a profession that is supposed to have best cc toolset.
    Non-working stun procs/stuns, while being a profession that is mostly associated with them.
    Non-working pets, while being a pet profession...

What next?
    It just seems like an essence of crat is being destroyed a bit by bit :/
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop80 View Post
    i would just like to say, that over the past few months, you have nerfed my crat to the point i dont even want to play. i get wtf pwnd by nt's with 1 triple in BS, my wep skill set sucks, and now you are taking my best defense... stuns. thanks for nothing

LONNICRAT
    We were OP, you may not agree, but I stopped playing my crat BECAUSE things became too damn easy with stun procs and people didn't want me because I was a good crat, they ONLY wanted me because of stuns to make an encounter easy cake for everyone else who were slackers or didn't really know how to play their 220 toons... personally as a gamer that sucks.

I did fine BEFORE I got my stun procs, yeah sure our toolset could be improved and our pets certainly upgraded.

If you are unable to handle the changes to balance the profession at this time, try another one.

I started with an agent back in the 2001 beta days and stuck with that prof for many years, then I switched to keeper, then crat, and recently back to agent.

I've enjoyed those 3 prof for 8 years, perhaps you should consider another profession that could fulfill your gaming needs.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Doh now i'm gonna have to reroll my inc tl7 crat!

(name is Lolstunned)

Wtb someone at FC to change it to Lolrooted!)
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    You get wtfpwned by one single Triple? Omg, I thoughtthe AI in this game is bad, but now I realize that it's good enough to grant NPCs the ability to post into forums. OMGZ!!!!1!!1! Nerf mob AI plz! kthxbye
    Go to bs for more then 5 mins and then come back. (providing you got anything smart to say that is, not just these idiocies)

And yes, i've seen doubles/triples landing on an endgame crat (full alphas) through all of my nr AND +450nr from perk, and thats from a 213 NT...not just once...quite a few times...WITHOUT CB...
    Last edited by Koizumi; Jun 6th, 2009 at 00:04:29.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Triple landing != getting wtfpwned by one single triple

one triple can possibly drop you down to 10% hp, but the NT will be in recharge for quite a long time. Doubles are much nastier imho and yes, I think those nukes are OP'ed, but no one is able to wtfpwn (in the meaning of instakill) you with just one triple nuke.

come on

getting lowered to 10% hp on battlestation by 1 hit... i call that wtfpwnd.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop80 View Post
    getting lowered to 10% hp on battlestation by 1 hit... i call that wtfpwnd.
    I call that <10k hp.. If you are consistently dropped to 10% by a triple (not under the effects of massive %nanodamage), you'd probably get taken out by a decent 165 nt too.

not quite

i have over 17K hp. triples cap on crats. that's just the way it is.

Talking pie

the question here is...

is cheese cake a cake or a pie.

because this one time i was eating some pie and was like omg this r gud, i should go paint a wall or something!
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

cheese cake is nerfed for doing too much calory damage. The cheese cake action will now cast a weight watchers meeting. While dealing much lees calory damage, it will help to reduce the size of the zerg needed to complete the new fat cell instance that will hit live servers in 18.2

Nerf xp perks plx! That's the only part of the crat toolset that's still working!
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Good going nerfing the stunprocs. Definitely the way to go, they are the cancer that is killing raid-style pvm.

Sometimes you just HAVE to rip away the band-aid before you can heal the real wound.. sure, it'll hurt REAL bad, but until you do it the wound will just keep on festering and hurting.

If you those crats who are going emo over this, had bothered to read the OP, they are getting new love in return for the stunproc nerf! No more "yeah, nice suggestion, but but stunprocs " for you.. I'd be happy!

WTB something similarly drastic done with agent CH whoring. I feel it is restricting our prof the same as stunprocs are/were affecting crats - every time we suggest something it goes "yeah, nice suggestion, but but CH+UBT+AS ".
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

no please

/emote sarcasm
    please dont nerf my xp perks. PLEASE! being a 220 crat i depend on these heavily. and being the only part of my toolset that actually works as intended, i dont know what i would do.

i would have prefered a proc lockout cooldown type thingy, woulda made just better plain sense than make all these huge changes that redefine how to play the character. did u even think about a cooldown means? seriously, id like a response on that why u thought a cooldown wouldnt be as good as the changes u made. overall though doing something is better than nothing at all (unless ur talking about the economy, which they are following the philosophy: "if you're driving toward a cliff, the 'do-something' is push harder on the gas petal"). r u crazy? thats just insane, first of all, i use my CH for pocketing fool with my agent. secondly, thats just messed up, taking CH away from agents that are already nerfed and cant do any damage, and the only consolation is &quot;well, ur good at pvp&quot; w/e i get killed all the time in pvp even with CH so idk where ppl get this idea that agents are so good. i would trade CH if i get all the other non-FPable nanos which include the uber regular heals.
    Last edited by Grayfox211; Jun 6th, 2009 at 01:21:56.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast