Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    Most pvp fights are over in 8 seconds.
    by chance is your main an NT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    Anything that comes out of a tube and makes a boom = bazooka

Newland Falls. Neutrals are next.

Id rather one/both of those unremovable roots to be a a significant damage debuff, like 500 to 1k.
    Facadefx 220 Adventurer
    Cratfx 220 Bureaucrat
    Candypantsfx 220 Keeper

wtf is it with crats wanting AS?

Agents, make sense, Soldiers, maybe... but bureaucrats. doesn't make sense.

Agents have AS because they are good at concealment, that is the nature of an agent... hide, aim, headshot. Hell that is one of the cool things about the profession. AS is pretty much the signature of an agent, just like mongo is the enforcer's signature and CH a doc's.

A crat with AS is something I would protest about. Sure it would be a CHEAP fix for my crat, but I believe the prof is means to be crowd control, not heavy DD.

Can the new roots be improved? yes, can weaponry and defense be improved, yes. Means has proven to be the best GD in the 8 yrs of the game and I trust he is doing the right thing with the crats, even mentioned upcoming changes.

Quit trying to be a prof you are not, agents can fp crat, crats can't fp agent, end of story.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post

Agents, make sense, Soldiers, maybe... but bureaucrats. doesn't make sense.

(...)

Quit trying to be a prof you are not, agents can fp crat, crats can't fp agent, end of story.
    Is this your 1st day playing AO?
    Because it certaily looks like it.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    More looks like yours.

To be honest? I think that AS should be locked to the few professions that have support for the weapons - Agents being the best, Advys the second best (if their whines don't remove their new perkline that does actually make sense when you think about it...), Traders the third best(I believe with their shotguns they have quite a bit of AS ones? Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play Trader. ), and MAs fourth best (Best bow profession anyone? AS?). All the others should have @!"$ or no AS. How do we make it so that different professions have better or worse AS? Change the multiplier or damage cap. Maybe for those who shouldn't be able to use AS they have a 2k AS cap. Fourth best prof gets 4k. Third gets 6k. Second gets 8k. THEN you have Agents getting 13k. Still makes AS viable for some professions.

*shrugs* And just to say, this is coming from a person who doesn't PvP, so I am probably gonna get zillions of flames and people screaming "NO U". And they'll probably be right that I'm wrong. but eh, just my opinion.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Facadefx View Post
    Id rather one/both of those unremovable roots to be a a significant damage debuff, like 500 to 1k.
    You wouldn't. I have those as nanos and they aren't that good as it might sound at first.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Been playing since beta 2001, most vets (those who remain from the early days) know that, and most who use AO Universe know that too.

I played AO when there was no such thing as a pool to regain your xp, when fall damage was a killer on a high jump and when leveling was REALLY hard.

Not everyone is going to agree about balance, but since I played my crat to the endgame leveling part and did good on my own soloing (not into PvP, except for vp). Yeah it took longer than other professions to kill something on my own, but a crat is NOT a prof which goes toe-to-toe with ANYTHING challenging.

I learned to move around, keep my distance, made sure to calm adds, if too many to snare/root them so I wouldn't have to fight my target + other things. Use the world itself to help me, trees, rocks, anything so if I get aggro I wouldn't get hit while my pets recovered aggro, then switch back to attacking, recalling my pets so they recover some health while we play the cat and mouse game.

It's call tactics, strategy. If you can't take it head on, well you got to THINK how to beat it.

Adding AS I feel would certainly make a crat get more aggro than his pets, something any crat does not want. You want the mob to be on the pets while you keep it debuffed, snared/rooted, etc.

Crat, again, is crowd control... if our target is in the middle of 20 mobs, we can walk in there alone, few profs can do that, it's part of the unique aspect of being a crat.

AS would significantly affect a crat's level of aggro, and on a critical hit... well don't expect the pets to get aggro for a bit, meanwhile you need to set your def higher and overall it would take longer for a solo encounter. Sure, you dropped that sweet crit at the start, but that cost you more than it was worth it.

Personally I never liked the band-aid type of fixes (unless only a temporary and short term solution), something was unbalanced, it was removed, now some want a band-aid for a quick fix to "rebalance" all crats.

Sorry, wait until Means gets to it. Crats are not the only prof that need some love, and also the man didn't just say "I take and give nothing back", so either have patience, or try another prof in the meanwhile if being a crat is not satisfying enough for you at this point in time.

I'm playing my agent to finish his research, and my keeper for raiding, my crat still has stuns and I don't log him in unless a guildmate or friend asks, I just don't enjoy the "easy cake" prof that is has become with stuns. Once they are removed I prob will play it once again, sure I will die more often, but at least I will have a challenge playing it once again.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Adding AS I feel would certainly make a crat get more aggro than his pets
    If everybody who /facepalmed at this comment were in the same room, I bet the noise would sound like a round of applause.
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    ? Most pvp fights are over in 8 seconds. Many in 2 or 3.
    Ha, try to kill enf, keeper, soldier, doc, eng on crat, then post. 8 seconds, hahahahaha.

Crats don't want "AS", we want to be able to kill people. While there is no descent alternative - AS in the only way.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Ha, try to kill enf, keeper, soldier, doc, eng on crat, then post. 8 seconds, hahahahaha.
    Wat? 90% of other profs have hard time killing those.

Crats don't want "AS", we want to be able to kill people. While there is no descent alternative - AS in the only way.
    But you have AS already. You want something better then AS it seems.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Indeed.

Personally, Id rather be able to prevent people killing me, whilst I slowly beat them to death.

But, as so many things in AO dont work quite right, AS seems the most suitable option for having a reasonable chance at causing damage.

Of course, my absolutely prefered option would be pets that worked in some useful way.
    Being able to root my target, then have the pets beat them to death is always fun.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Adding AS I feel would certainly make a crat get more aggro than his pets, something any crat does not want. You want the mob to be on the pets while you keep it debuffed, snared/rooted, etc.
    Well, my first comment was of the kind of 'no sh*t sherlock' but now im seriously starting to doubt that you ever rolled a crat :/

How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Koizumi, I think Windguaerd is right and to me it looks like you've got a crat and you got him to 220/30/70, too maybe, but you never REALLY played one the way crats should be played and were played before the whole bunch of easymode tools that came to AO in the last years. Hopefully they will be fixed in the future and I think nerfing Stunprocs is a good start for it.
    I thought there was a state wide ban on selling klingon weaponry to arachnids.
    This quote is from back on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Koizumi, I think Windguaerd is right and to me it looks like you've got a crat and you got him to 220/30/70, too maybe, but you never REALLY played one the way crats should be played and were played before the whole bunch of easymode tools that came to AO in the last years. Hopefully they will be fixed in the future and I think nerfing Stunprocs is a good start for it.
    And I think that what you and Wind fails to recognize is that nobody intends to use the AS on the pistol in pvm in the first place. Crats don't have the concealment for it. In fact, this pistol does less pvm damage than any alternative, so the crat would get even less agg in pvm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    Anything that comes out of a tube and makes a boom = bazooka

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    You mean the easy mode tools that nearly every1 else got too?

And yet once again, stun procs were NOT nerfed.
    They were simply removed w/o giving us (specifically) anything instead (no, the perks arent worth the loss of stable AS).

Also, bump for what Micandy said, altho i thought that was kinda obvious.

And yet once again, stun procs were NOT nerfed.
    I don't think you need to say that any more, the first dozen times was quite enough.

Removal = nerf for all intents and purposes. If they were 'nerfed' by your definition instead of removed they'd be so heavily reduced that most crats would consider them useless anyway, the cookie cutter proc choice would change and we'd be exactly where we are now.

Same difference.

Crat could solo most inferno dynas pre AI, well good ones, and they had no stun procs.
    Seriously stun procs were way OP and never should have made it ingame, along with GTH and a few other chosen debuffs. So whats crats arent easymode anymore, why would you want to play a proff that has no challenge involved?

Sooo Means, hows that alternative VP gain going?
    Make BS for PVP,
    Make VP gained from another source since VP isnt PVP rewards ( and if it is.. lol how unrewarding for those who PVP regularly and have hundres of thousands of VP with nothing to spend it on).

here is a hint.. ofab == PVM armor, Combined== PVP armor. After all last I checked traders armor buffing trade skills really is critical in PVP... reeeaallllyyyyy...
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    Crat could solo most inferno dynas pre AI, well good ones, and they had no stun procs.
    Seriously stun procs were way OP and never should have made it ingame, along with GTH and a few other chosen debuffs. So whats crats arent easymode anymore, why would you want to play a proff that has no challenge involved?
    Bingo!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast