Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.1 Preliminary Update Notes

Very nice patchnotes.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

New item: Atlas of Rubi Ki. Use of this item uploads all maps in one go. Make it paid, vet or victory points. Resetting map nav then having to reinstall all maps will be very annoying.

Map Nav Reset

It would be very nice to have the choice of not resetting map when you do a full IPR or just leaving it not to change during an IPR because redoing all the maps and upgrades is a significant annoyance. I think it's also reasonable to leave it as is and never reset map nav during an IPR and only make it possible to reset it by using a reset point.

All in all, the rest of the items look great though!

Good to see them doing the Map reset the right way.

Bump on the small addition to the regular F9 command as suggested above.

When 18.1 is close, there should be posted fairly frequent System spam messages alerting people to the status regarding org cities and upkeep dues.

While you're testing 181., and when needing more ppl to test something (like area 'X'), how about having some GM/Dev spam a mesage on the liver servers. Something like:

"Attention, in 1 hour we are going to be test Xan DB zone 'X' on the testlive server. If you have a 220 with access to this area and have copied that character to testlive, we would love to have you log on to testlive and help make sure things are all honky-dory with that zone before we send it on to the Live dimensions."
    Last edited by vadagget; Jun 18th, 2009 at 19:34:13.
    I am Dagget

How much are the orbital apartments?

will the Charon vehicle be available seperately?

Prepare for lag as everyone pounces on the open city plots that pop up when cities are destroyed due to debt.

Very nice patch.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 18th, 2009 at 19:44:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerbot View Post
    Currently as it stands regarding waypoints in their preliminary form;

The playfield ID number is required. It wont just work out what playfield you are in, and let you punch in an X/Y, and it plot a way point for you. You need to know the ID. And then it will mimic a mission point. Messing with this on test right now.

Extended location information:
    - 609.7, 613.3, 344.3 (609.7 613.3 y 344.3 6013)
    Firstly, and not really to confuse anyone, but I believe you need to punch in the X and Z co-ordinates, as Y is the height. So the display is X, Z, Y (X Z y Y PF), it's why the y is in the brackets.

Secondly it's nice you can punch in the PF as you can then set up waypoints outside the zone your in. Yay!

Thirdly I'd prefer the co-ords display to stay as they are, there's little reason to change them, much better would be to make the Waypoint command more intelligent, so you could use '/Waypoint X Z' and it would set the waypoint in your current zone, or you could use '/Waypoint X Z y Y PF' so you could just copy and paste the bit in brackets into the command to upload the waypoint to the right zone, the y Y co-ord doesn't need to do anything, it would however make entering the location information easy, Copy/Paste ftw.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Of course it would be better that you not need to directly specify the PF ID. But if that cant happen, due to some wierd and wonderful restriction coded into the game most of a decade ago that forces this to not happen, making the PF ID something that anyone can conveniently lookup would be a good idea, as part of regular F9, as opposed to only being visible in Shift-F9 - the less obvious command.

Which was the point of the post. I only posted extended info on those current coordinates to point out where the PF ID can be found. Nothing more; the fourth value in the bracket set, R=, or resource:.

Another useful thing would be /waypoint with no arguments returning to system, the three values for your current position; map coordinates and playfield ID.
    Last edited by Dangerbot; Jun 18th, 2009 at 20:11:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    **IMPORTANT: Cities in debt at the time of the update will be destroyed. To keep your city please make sure your upkeep is paid before the update.**
    I sense danger to many slumbering orgs.
    - New facepalm emote added to properly express dissatisfaction on elements of this list that do not work properly on Patch Day.
    Making macros as soon as I log in today.
    all individual profession changes should be viewed as small and possibly temporary parts of larger changes to come.
    Does that mean fixers will get the FA buff that has been on test, back again? It just vanished and noone seems to care about making a comment on why.
    - Adjustments made to Fixer perk lines.
    If this is what I saw on test a week or two ago, then this is actually a good thing, thanks.
    - Arul Saba Bracelets have been renamed individually for clarity and ease of search.
    Great news
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

The ability to click a spot on the map and have it set a waypoint would be a nice addition.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 18th, 2009 at 20:23:36.

As for the Upkeep situation, I see that ours is due the 25th. Now, if the patch will be prior to that date, no need to put credits in the CC. If it lands after then...

Also, can we assume that any credits in the CC at the time of the patch get dumped back to the bank?
    I am Dagget

what happened to the gth nerf? :/

Quote Originally Posted by vadagget View Post
    As for the Upkeep situation, I see that ours is due the 25th. Now, if the patch will be prior to that date, no need to put credits in the CC. If it lands after then...

Also, can we assume that any credits in the CC at the time of the patch get dumped back to the bank?
    I believe it works the same as disbanding an org. Credits are lost unless you pull them out first.

Quote Originally Posted by vadagget View Post
    They wrote something to that effect the first time the "cities get paid from bank" thing was announced. A clarification would be nice, however.
    Hlep gnak!

- City upkeep will now be deducted directly from the Organization Bank. **IMPORTANT: Cities in debt at the time of the update will be destroyed. To keep your city please make sure your upkeep is paid before the update.**
    A question concerning this. There has been a bug going around where org chat has been spammed with the "missing payment of upkeep" message even though there has been more than enough credits in the upkeep balance.
    Now if I have a city where upkeep is duo to the 22th june, there is enough credits in the balance + bank but that bug decides to hit me..and it happens to be the day you patch, would the city be safe or would it go *poof*?
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_ View Post
    A question concerning this. There has been a bug going around where org chat has been spammed with the "missing payment of upkeep" message even though there has been more than enough credits in the upkeep balance.
    Now if I have a city where upkeep is duo to the 22th june, there is enough credits in the balance + bank but that bug decides to hit me..and it happens to be the day you patch, would the city be safe or would it go *poof*?
    If it's not pulling creds every time it says that, then it's more than likely just a simple error text wise and not actually affecting anything. If it were pulling creds every time, then there would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    I believe it works the same as disbanding an org. Credits are lost unless you pull them out first.
    I don't think that credits can be removed from the CC once added. For those of us that have two months of upkeep in our CCs can we expect to lose them?

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    You should only be able to see the hostile nanos YOU have cast. No need for any other restrictions then.
    I really hope this is the way it will work, have you seen this on test or are you just going by how it is worded in the patch notes?

Added new social items for the 8th anniversary huh? That must mean the patch is coming VERY soon

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    If it's not pulling creds every time it says that, then it's more than likely just a simple error text wise and not actually affecting anything. If it were pulling creds every time, then there would be a problem.
    Yeah thats what i'm hoping as it always ended up pulling the creds in the end and put a sock in the spamming
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Well, Means is often quite vocal about patches rarely going to the live dimension on a Friday, because if the sky starts falling, it will fall the entire weekend. Thus it will be Monday to Thursday, next week. Since birthday celebrations start on the 27th (Friday) then it needs to be before then. Window of 4 days in which it will go live.

My money is on Tuesday, after a minor bit of tinkering on monday. (18.1.0.9 is supposedly due on Testlive today).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast