Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online...The Fifth Element...

Arrow Anarchy Online...The Fifth Element...

I've been playing this game for a long long time and ever since day one I've thought about how this game reminds me of the movie The Fifth Element... Anyone else get that feeling? best movie ever imo. should have gotten a grammy

..."Multi-pass."
    Last edited by Firestorm2588; Jun 25th, 2009 at 04:24:11.

Movies don't get GRAMMYS! Their soundtracks can get a Grammy, but Grammys are for MUSIC.

Movies get Oscars. And NO... Fifth Element didn't deserve an Oscar. Maybe for special effects, but that's as far as I would concede.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I dunno, personally it reminds me of Dune. Two sides fighting over a colonized desert planet for a rare resource only found there...

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm2588 View Post
    I've been playing this game for a long long time and ever since day one I've thought about how this game reminds me of the movie The Fifth Element... Anyone else get that feeling? best movie ever imo. should have gotten a grammy

..."Multi-pass."
    Kind of. Surreal, cyberpunkish. Futuristic. Funny. Sexy chicks in thongs. And deserts. Yah, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anerion View Post
    I dunno, personally it reminds me of Dune. Two sides fighting over a colonized desert planet for a rare resource only found there...
    According to the ( original ) devs, Dune was one of the original inspirations for AO.

haha thats what i ment.. oscar oh well it deserves somethin because it the best darn movie ever made...imo haha

AO is a mishmash of every scifi theme out there. Parts Dune, parts Blade Runner, parts Star Wars, etc. I hadn't really noticed T5E influence tbh
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

personally, when i first started playing i thought of it as a cyberpunk-esque dune theme

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    AO is a mishmash of every scifi theme out there. Parts Dune, parts Blade Runner, parts Star Wars, etc. I hadn't really noticed T5E influence tbh
    The new flying car?

Though they were in the newer Star Wars as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    The new flying car?
    Lightsabers, Omnitek=Empire, Tir=Tatooine, crat pets=C3P0, etc

Oh and some of the early RK armors are total Fallout rip-offs.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

mmmm Milla Jovovich... om nom nom nom.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Heyas,

Anyone noticed that the lower engi droids look very much like the droids from Star Wars EP1-3?

versus

(sorry, didnt found pics)

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

SURRENDERORDIE

ROGERROGER

that eng pet is the freakiest best pet evah especially after using miniaturization on it. it becomes a LEGO toy
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Lightsabers, Omnitek=Empire, Tir=Tatooine, crat pets=C3P0, etc

Oh and some of the early RK armors are total Fallout rip-offs.
    Don't forget the very close resemblance of Metaplast armor to Stormtrooper armor.

There are also references to Hitchhikers (talk to Marvin found in Outpost 10-3) and Demolition Man (3 Shells in the Orbital Apartments)
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

only a matter of time before the yuttos ask us to collect 4 elemental stones from inside an opifex opera singer

i didnt really see ao world being too close to anything till firefly came along, aside from breeds and SL (which dont fit anywhere tbh) the setting is very similar

yeah^^ i saw ao as a clash between pioneer cowboy/encroaching professional corporations.

still enough freedom for some low lvl crime/self employment
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Hey! Change the name! XD

ROFL ANOTHeR FIRESTORM! haha i looked at this post and it said last post was by firestorm and im like huh? im the only one who commented?? then i open it and see you! great name btw. : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast