Thread: Chat Filter How-To

Chat Filter How-To

I wanted quick access to instructions on how to operate the new 18.1 chat filter and I couldn't find any here so I'm just copying Mean's instructions to here for reference.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    NOTE

Basics:
    /filter enable - enables the filter.
    /filter disable - disables the filter without deleting any of the added filters.

Adding and removing filtered words:
    /filter add <word> - adds a word to the filter.
    /filter list - lists all the active filters
    /filter del <number> - deletes the specified filter (where <number> is the line number from 'list').

Simple example of filtering any line that includes the word 'bob':
    /filter clear
    /filter add bob
    /filter enable

More advanced stuff:
    The chat filter supports a subset of regular expressions. AO is old, and so is our regex parser, so not everything will work as you'd expect in a more modern implementation. Escape sequences inside character sets might not work as epxected for example. The most common constructs should work though.

Example that filters various variants of 'egpal', 'plox', 'plx', and 'plz':
    /filter clear
    /filter add [pP][lL1][oO0][xX]
    /filter add [pP][lL][xX]
    /filter add [pP][lL][zZ]
    /filter add [eE][- _.]*[gG][- _.]*[pP][- _.]*[aA][- _.]*[lL]
    /filter enable

this is gonna screw something up some day and ao servers gonna go splat to fix it
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    this is gonna screw something up some day and ao servers gonna go splat to fix it
    nah it's client side... Still we can exept someone but something like downtime there and then whine when servers come down ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Currently filters that dont work:

'Can't find target >' - in conjunction with autoassist and getting out of range of your caller, this can be quite spammy.

'You were healed for [12][1234567890][1234567890]' - an attempt to hide all heal messages between 100 and 299 hitpoints, the normal range of my healdelta. (Because I'd like to see myself getting healed, but not my healdelta).

Bug:

If you say, /filter add Doodle

and it adds it as filter #19.

Then do it again, /filter add Doodle, it will not add it again as #20, or not add it at all. Instead it will replace Filter #0, your first one.

Here is my filter list:

0: ^Your damage shield hit [a-zA-Z0-9 !-_,.()']+ for [0-9]+ points of damage.$
    1: ^You were healed for [12]?[0-9]?[0-9] points.$
    2: ^Executing Nano Program: [a-zA-Z0-9 '!()]+.$
    3: ^Nano program failed. Already executing nanoprogram.$
    4: ^Wait for current nano program execution to finish.$
    5: ^Wait for your previous special attack to complete.$
    6: ^You are already running this action!$
    7: ^Unable to execute nano program. You can't execute this nano on the target.$
    8: ^Unable to perform action[a-zA-Z ,]+ locked, able in [0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]$
    9: ^[a-zA-Z ()]+ available.$
    10: ^Target is already dead.$
    11: ^Special attack is unavailable.$
    12: ^Your reflect shield hit [a-zA-Z0-9 !-_,.()']+ for [0-9]+ points of damage.$
    13: ^You were damaged by a toxic substance for [1-9]?[0-9] points of damage.$

BTW more info can be found on Wiki.
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerbot View Post
    'Can't find target >' - in conjunction with autoassist and getting out of range of your caller, this can be quite spammy.
    These turquoise messages can't be filtered. I have tested it with Can't find target message and "You can't send private messages to yourself.".
    Dragocz RK1

On message Filters, can it be made so that instead of hiding the message with that filter it will instead highlight it in bold or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferz View Post
    On message Filters, can it be made so that instead of hiding the message with that filter it will instead highlight it in bold or something?
    No, but you can change color in TextColors.xml (gui folder).
    Dragocz RK1