This step-by-step guide will help you install and run AO in Linux (including working patcher). Note that this guide is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED, Funcom support staff will NOT help you with anything related to this guide, or any problems you might encounter with the install while playing using this setup.
The only supported operating system for Anarchy Online is Windows, and you will be doing this entirely at your own risk. Basic Linux commandline knowledge is assumed.
1) Install Wine.
2) Download and install IEs4Linux. Select the options to install IE6. I will assume you used the default install directory of ~/.ies4linux.
3) Make a copy of ~/.ies4linux/ie6 and call it ~/.wine-ao.
tar xvzf ies4linux*
4) Download the 18.1.1 full install
cp -R ~/.ies4linux/ie6 ~/.wine-ao
5) Run the AO installer. Accept the default install path.
6) Create a startup script. Save it with whatever name you want (ao.sh, for example).
7) Set the proper permissions.
cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Funcom/Anarchy\ Online
8) Run the script.
To uninstall, delete ~/.wine-ao.