Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

fixed, my bad

*slaps Chrys*
    Last edited by Solstiare; Jul 22nd, 2009 at 06:59:13.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    fixed, my bad
    Sentient Corrosive can be built too xD

What are you a clanner with no 250+ sites?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Gawd please no. Cookie-cutter mecha is the opposite of everything that makes AO great in exchange for 3 button combat - customisation, twinking, variety, thinking about your setup, smart use of individual toolsets, etc.
    Stop having a limited view. If you can research different lines for the mechs it would be just as unique as a toolset. Example, Offensive or Defensive setups, speed or armor, anti-mech or anti-personal mines.

It really could make a great addition to large PvP once the game can handle lots going on post engine upgrade. Now instead of 200+s being fodder to 220s they could be a real problem unless ganged up on by the other side. Also since foot solders are faster you would still have people on foot.

The biggest problem with this is mainly that Means has other things to worry about and not enough manpower to do them all.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    No. Very very time consuming and expensive. I also like the sound in AO the way it is. I would like to see some new music/sounds with the next booster.
    Well I dunno if you'll answer more questions, but at least will there be an effort to reactivate the audio to its extent? I suspect memory leaks and such as the reason why so much sound effects are off but if so many of us play without sound, it's more because it's incomplete.

I'm serious when I say that I see people around me mention that the sound isn't good before even talking about graphics.

For more precision, from memory:

Deactivated:
    - Footsteps for many kind of grounds (tap tap clak)
    - Ricochets on ranged misses (kapow) should the new engine have bullets hitting walls that'll buff it's cool skill
    - Ranged and mellee hits (zap thud squish) customized for target type (light, plated, etc..) and health level

Unused (aka not assigned, fixing em is a big workload)
    - Nanoprograms custom sounds, Arid Rift makes use of the heal sounds, kudo for that.
    - Nanoprograms custom casting
    - Child sound on any recent weapon
    - Music in most indoors area (really)

Also, ejecting cartridges will be back in our lifetime?

Thank you for your time if you answer that.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

If u reopened this thread with the intention of having us ask u more questions, then here we go:

WIth the major changes u plan to make, with even cooldowns for specials for example, do u feel that AO is moving further towards the simple WoW type of MMO or will AO retain it's "advanced" game mechanics (which imo is the soul of AO)?

If rebalancing comes at the expensive of complexity of game mechanics, i say nay!

I also understand if it's in the interest of the company to dump AO down a few notches and make it somewhat more attractive to the majority of MMO-gamers that enjoy simpler MMO's, but think of the leets!!!
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Team 7x Spec Blockers!!! Team, Team!!! Not the self ones!

Oh god, I so see this going wrong
    This was my main concern with the response as well. Knowing that in peeveepee spec blockers are the true saving grace of the Engineer profession survival-wise (even Bio Shielding IMO comes second here, not that far second, but second nonetheless), messing with the self only ones would be a mistake. You take those away, and you take away the profession's viability in PvP. Sort of like taking away all the evades/AAD off a crat or a Martial Artist, or phasing out AMS entirely... And so on.

And so to the question: You are talking about TEAM spec blockers, not the self only kind, RIGHT? Or if you end up nerfing the self ones too, are you going to give Engineers superb evades in return, or something else?
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    This was my main concern with the response as well. Knowing that in peeveepee spec blockers are the true saving grace of the Engineer profession survival-wise (even Bio Shielding IMO comes second here, not that far second, but second nonetheless), messing with the self only ones would be a mistake. You take those away, and you take away the profession's viability in PvP. Sort of like taking away all the evades/AAD off a crat or a Martial Artist, or phasing out AMS entirely... And so on.
    Since you mentioned AMS! I think its ok to reduce the count on the self blockers a little as well in addition to eventually get rid of the team version altogether (can hope, can I?), considering how reduced the value of AMS has been in recent years, being the one and only defense of a profession that - and this is where the irony sets in - cant hold a candle to an engineer as of now, mainly because of special blockers.

But in the end, I dont think this will matter that much, sounds like specials arent the tool of choice in the future anymore...
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Stop having a limited view. If you can research different lines for the mechs it would be just as unique as a toolset. Example, Offensive or Defensive setups, speed or armor, anti-mech or anti-personal mines.

It really could make a great addition to large PvP once the game can handle lots going on post engine upgrade. Now instead of 200+s being fodder to 220s they could be a real problem unless ganged up on by the other side. Also since foot solders are faster you would still have people on foot.

The biggest problem with this is mainly that Means has other things to worry about and not enough manpower to do them all.
    Yeah Lost Eden II, I can hardly wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    *slaps Chrys*
    omg ninja-edit h8
    Last edited by Chrys; Jul 22nd, 2009 at 08:22:58.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

• Will healing nerf affect PvE?
    • Will FA and SA be changed like AS?
      • SA is rarely used in PvE. Only Shades have enough conceal to hide from most mobs. Advs and Shades have backstab, what about unlocking it to other professions?
      • With the miss chance removal, FA lost its randomness. It's now almost impossible to not do a 15k FA in PvE nor miss it on non-top evade professions.

• Can you affect 1 dev to Professional forums? Open ones. Most sticky threads about bugs/issues/wishes aren't updated because noone at FC read/comment them.

Profession specific feedback is done there but we always have to report it in patch forum to be sure devs read them. That forum being flooded all day long with suggestions, whining and trolls it doesn't help.

Most effective way to report feedback atm is to log on test and talk to a dev. I'm sure they would be more productive if they weren't interrupted every 2 mins by some angry player.

The current feeling is that profs that whine the most in patch forum get updates. Namely blunt enfos, pistol advs and fixers. Others don't get anything. Like keepers. QQ
    • Are there any plans to:
      • change Shadow Breeds? Different effects with different lock times.
      • change Dimach recharge?
      • nerf instant casting/interrupt invulnerability?
      • make the keeper profession more attractive? I rarely see keepers anymore. Current active keepers are usually the ones without any other high level toon.
      • add weapon wielding reqs to all weapon perk lines? It doesn't make sense to me to nerf 1he/1hb while leaving Ranged Energy and Grenade perk lines without any weapon wielding req.
    blah

A great deal of PVM toolsets completely invalidate the monsters..making them pointless meatbags if debuffed calmed/snared etc for 15 minutes. We try to only make "some" monsters immune.

Note:
    Aliens in AI missions have calm breakers. I wanted calming in AI ships to be more of an "active" task.

Question: How is this working on AI ships? Good, Bad or ugly?
    Question/reaction to this.

There are a number of places/situations where crowd control professions are completely invalidated and made utterly useless since practically all mobs (aliens, mostly) are immune/highly resistant (up to the point where its practically an immunity) to calms.
    This narrows the number of professions seen as useful for that specific encounter back to the usual "tank + doc + any DD; you're support, you're useless here" situation, since area taunt is about the only way to control a high number of mobs where calms doesn't work (root/snare is also a moot point, since even melee mobs have so high attack range that they can hit people from miles away).

Replacing the immunity/very high resist with this breaker mechanism on most of them would make CC profs feel at least partially useful in those areas.
    Ideally, in encounters where you absolutely don't want players to be able to simply calm their way through the whole thing, spawn groups should be set up in a way that in each group which will be likely to aggro together, there should be a few calm immune mobs, and the rest have breakers so they are calmable but will remain calmed only for maybe 10-15 seconds at a time, so the crowd controller has to work constantly to keep them off the team to reduce overall aggro/incoming damage.

So, could places/encounters like mothership missions and APFs (including S10) be revised in this manner, to replace high calm/nano resists with calm breakers?
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jul 22nd, 2009 at 09:03:44.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Jeez people. Means spent God knows how long answering all those random questions and that only got him even more questions in return?

At least wait until the next Friday with Means or something.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Jeez people. Means spent God knows how long answering all those random questions and that only got him even more questions in return?
    You are asking a question
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Replacing the immunity/very high resist with this breaker mechanism on most of them would make CC profs feel at least partially useful in those areas.
    Noone will bother mezzing when it's faster and easier to mongo and kill mobs.

Mezz work in SL missions because you usually get 1 or 2 adds, they have quite high HP and mezz land easy. Aliens are way harder to mezz, have lower HP and come with higher numbers. Different encounters, different tactics. It's fine imho.

Only thing that need a fix is the new LE aliens. They have bugged attack range and deal way too much damage at low levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    This narrows the number of professions seen as useful for that specific encounter back to the usual "tank + doc + any DD; you're support, you're useless here" situation, since area taunt is about the only way to control a high number of mobs where calms doesn't work (root/snare is also a moot point, since even melee mobs have so high attack range that they can hit people from miles away).
    Mezz profs are great DD against aliens. Traders/NTs are way less wanted in SL.
    blah

Hey

Questian 1: Any news on the new mail-system?
    Questian 2: Will AO get somekind of a Auctionhouse?
    Questian 3: Will it be possible to do characters transfers between accounts for paidpoints (Accounts you have added to your main account, on the account page)
    Questian 4: The new booster you are talking about, is that with the new 150-200pf?
    Questian 5: What about character name changing for paidpoints?
    Questian 6: Will there be some new Froob dungeons? Now when SoM have had a remake what about Totw? (SoM which is a lowerlvl dungeon(?) have nearly better things in, then totw)

Thanks.

From Kehaan.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

At least wait until the next Friday with Means or something.
    Wrangeline, are you big with dirty grey skin and large floppy ears?
    No, wait that's ELE-phants, sorry nvm.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

A great deal of PVM toolsets completely invalidate the monsters..making them pointless meatbags if debuffed calmed/snared etc for 15 minutes. We try to only make "some" monsters immune.

Note:
    Aliens in AI missions have calm breakers. I wanted calming in AI ships to be more of an "active" task.

Question: How is this working on AI ships? Good, Bad or ugly?
    Sorry if point has been raised in the 5 pages after reopening of thread ...

but, ok, Aliens have decalmer ... fine ...

Is it intended that they have decharmers too ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    HEY MEANS... can you re-enable my forum account?

And by "my" I mean the account 'Kinkstaah', not k1nkstaah.
    This would be the greatest thing in the entire game.

Thankyou.
    Yep!
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

How does having an enfo with 70k hp and a doc healing 20k every 5 seconds not reduce those mobs to pointless meatbags?

But please keep it like this, my enfo is already at 174. Only 46 levels to go. Yes, I find it completely normal to level an enforcer to be able to get teams for end-game content. I'll even level a doc if that's what it takes. I wonder how many just quit when they are lft day after day without an invite, because they are useless to a team.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

1) Will FC ever add more social items for females.. as in cloaks (the anniversary one looked the best so far).. without making your char look like a whore? :P More stuff like Cloak of the Wandering Knight.. that kind of good looking style.. but for other professions/genders.

2) Leet Suits! Gief plox. Just say your polymorphed on equip and have leg/head/etc mesh changed to leety form. Permanent Leety form.. but locked out of any other morph (12man morphs might make this kind of funky...)

3) Social Shoulderpads (not beast/alappaa) add more please. Something like Unredeemed Cur or Redeemed El pads.... maybe something like the Yuttocra have :3

4) Will leet pets ever get a nano to reduce recharge timer OR will they ever be allowed to follow on zone? Bump for a leet house

4) Will we ever get "holiday" leet nano :P.. I'm sure Santa Leet, Phrosty the Snowleet.. and his Arctic Leets are PO'd at u guys..

5) This one is kind of weird.. but might as well try.. Will FC ever add Alien pets :P yep.. tiny little Sinuh.. Uri.. Heru.. etc that are similar to leet pets.. but when you do pet actions they say gibberish like gghghbgh! or something. Note: Make Uri mobs disco.

6) Will Miy Cloaks ever be added to droplists on monster mobs?

7) Will Crattys ever get a better pet heal? (current top one just... sucks)

8) Will engineer's ever be able to combine Ancient Skill Library with Infused Ancient Nano Enhancer? (maybe with a continuing process.. lock it to 217+ and make it +100 nanoskills AND adding psychology).. swapping sucks.

There ya go means... feel free to pull your hair out
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    5) This one is kind of weird.. but might as well try.. Will FC ever add Alien pets :P yep.. tiny little Sinuh.. Uri.. Heru.. etc that are similar to leet pets.. but when you do pet actions they say gibberish like gghghbgh! or something. Note: Make Uri mobs disco.
    kxkxkx we come in peace kxkxk
    cfr apf 35
    blah

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast