Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

Can we expect duel loses score removed or an option to hide them? Many people are not doing duels because they are affraid of having bad duel score. In fact MOST people are not dueling and its easy to understand; they are anihilated by twinked toons and stand no chance, their negative score cant be "fixed", their looses will remain there forever. Its wrong imho.

Will you do something with non-working battlestations? Only tl7 one seems to run. Tl5 one runs from time to time but there are usually (on RK2) more clan players than omnis. You can be even 40th in clan queue. The simplest solution would be random sides, or ability to sign up for other faction. Or whatever ...

Clan micro sleeves that allow to buff stamina? Id like to retwink my tl5 enforcer but that means loosing over 2,5k tokens, please ...

Shades? There is a profession that is broken from the very beggining and it needs FC attention more than everyone else. Top DD that gets ODed by pet professions and NTs. The only profession that doesnt benefit its team in any way. There are many problems with them (lvl locked stuff that makes them very weak at lower lvls - spirits that you can use ql 60 when others can twink ql 160 implants, nippy stiletto beeing the only ado weapon that has a lvl lock while other weapons likie soti, cleavers and jame can be used at tl2, lack of CL buffing items that make CL issues a nightmare, especially at lower lvls etc. no token boards and many more). Will you ever try to fix shades?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Will you do something with non-working battlestations? Only tl7 one seems to run. Tl5 one runs from time to time but there are usually (on RK2) more clan players than omnis. You can be even 40th in clan queue. The simplest solution would be random sides, or ability to sign up for other faction. Or whatever ...
    Maybe if Clam didn't afk for an hour whenever they start losing, things wouldn't be so bad.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Maybe if Clam didn't afk for an hour whenever they start losing, things wouldn't be so bad.
    Same could be said for omnis, but your too thick to know that.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinesold View Post
    Same could be said for omnis, but your too thick to know that.
    I'm not the one complaining about BS not running right. If clam wants to solve the problem so badly, they can maybe start with signing up once they loose. Maybe if they loose often enough omni queue would become bigger then clams?

When everytime omni comes to bs to try to tip the balance and they succeed after 4 losses, then next round clan doesn't sign up, it is pretty lame, and omni stops bothering to make the effort.

I was in que for TL5 BS on my Crat for 3 days lol, it ran 2 times. No omni even signing up most of the time. It sucked.

Maybe if Omni didn't .... oh wait. There will be always people going emo about loosing or beeing spawn camped. I do understand them. "Maybe if XXX didnt" isnt a solution to our problems while mixed sides is.

BTW going afk for an hour is not bad. Ive seen tl5 bs not running a whole weak at some point.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinesold View Post
    How many people actually have this many vet points?

I sure don't, and have been active for a few years.
    4 years gives more than enough vet points so that you never have to level to 200 again with this plan.

Keep in mind some people can already have 136 vet points whenever they roll new characters on their main account.

Maybe if Omni didn't .... oh wait. There will be always people going emo about loosing or beeing spawn camped. I do understand them. "Maybe if XXX didnt" isnt a solution to our problems while mixed sides is.

BTW going afk for an hour is not bad. Ive seen tl5 bs not running a whole weak at some point.
    If their are 40 clanners in queue when you win and less than 6 when you loose, it's more than people going emo.

If their are 40 clanners in queue when you win and less than 6 when you loose, it's more than people going emo.
    Oh, really more? Like what? Those tl3, tl4 and tl6 guys ... uh, they must be totally retarded then because they went emo-afk 2 years ago and still didnt go back.

Its not about "lolol X are retarded rofl!!11one", dude. This whole system is broken and its not working. Beeing clan or omni has nothing to do with it.

Oh, really more? Like what? Those tl3, tl4 and tl6 guys ... uh, they must be totally retarded then because they went emo-afk 2 years ago and still didnt go back.
    Interesting how the 3 active battlestations can be categorized as
    • haven't done nascense hecks yet
    • finished Ely hecks, but too gimped for inferno missions
    • 220lol, wut's left?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    4 years gives more than enough vet points so that you never have to level to 200 again with this plan.

Keep in mind some people can already have 136 vet points whenever they roll new characters on their main account.
    So I should be expected to play for 4 continuous years before being able to access easy mode leveling like that?

I could roll 7 chars, level them all to 220 with a respectable amount Of AI levels/research done and have farmed a large amount of gear for all of them before i got the vet points to do that.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Its not about "lolol X are retarded rofl!!11one", dude. This whole system is broken and its not working. Beeing clan or omni has nothing to do with it.
    I'm just telling you why some omnis stopped showing up at tl5 bs. No reason to get all angry.

thats why i stopped showing up to tl5 bs.

its all fine and dandy IF clan knows they will win, quad capping/spawn raping, but let it be done to them and they leave or go afk... asap.

im not saying omni doesnt do it either. im saying its childish crap that kills bs, not the bs itself.

its tiring to think about honestly, so i stopped going to tl5, but i do go to tl3 quite alot more....just hardly runs
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

2) AO currently have 1 endgame healer profession and 2 endgame tanking professions (where 1 have trouble with AoE tanking). Is there any plans on making more professions viable as endgame healers and tanks? (one suggestion could be to make them work differently from the current ones, lower actual healing, but adding an absorb or short term AC buff, buffing up the keeper Purify perk to actually allow for taking aggro, high AC tanking opposed to high hp tanking etc.)

First of all, I'd like to say that there are THREE endgame tanking professions, and many many many situational tankers. For example, an MA can't tank beast easily, but nearly everything else is fine for an MA to tank. Same goes to shades and advies.

The other thing is regarding PVM healing. A friend and I recently did a bunch of stuff in the game as possible without healing. Let me give you a quick rundown of what a 220/30 crat and a 220/30 soldier were able to handle without any OSBs nor any sort of healing whatsoever:

1. Instanced pande up to TNH, easily could've done SS/TPS, but there was no motivation to get to beast plat.

2. All 5 Omni Dreadloch bosses

3. Mitaar (soloable by a crat, ofc)

4. Plenty of other crap I can't even remember right now

The dreadloch bosses/TNH were what disappointed me most. ESPECIALLY deko/crux...these were regarded as some of the most difficult encounters in the game, but apparently nothing stands up to a crat these days (I actually died on deko, and the crat continued and easily solo'd the last 50% hp or so).

Here are the encounters I can think of that *require* a doctor:

1. Beast (not entirely convinced...during one raid recently, the doctor died to an AoE nuke and a mediocre enforcer was able to tank ~60% of beast's hp with just stims/survival [and crat debuffs, ofc])
    2. 12man (not convinced...a crat/advy/keeper/soldier combo could do it, imo, with proper equipment).
    3. Vortexx (2 advies can heal this)
    4. APF (I haven't had any motivation to try these without doctors...)
    5. Informant
    6. Albtraum keeper/sister pestilence/sister merciless/summoned terror (terror might be doable with an advy?)

I think it's telling that FOUR of the bosses that need a doctor are in one PF right now. Albtraum was a fun, difficult pf (and still is, mostly, although the novelty has worn off).

Can anyone else think of more? To be honest, looking at that sad list, I feel like even doctors wouldn't get teams that easily if pande/12man weren't all the rage atm.

Now, all that said, this task was undertaken by 2 toons in entirely endgame equipment who knew what they were doing. My crat friend, in particular, was very well aware of how to use his toolset. Between the fact that there are no immunities to crat init debuffs and that blues/hiisis can be snared/rooted with proper pulling and dealt with at one's leisure, a crat can make sure you're never fighting more than one or two mobs in pande, even when there are mezz immunities.
    Last edited by avo345; Jul 23rd, 2009 at 18:22:25.
    Paratrooper (aka tarapooper/P-Rex) -> 220/30/70 Soldier

Satyavati -> 150/7/39 Adventurer

Politie -> 208/20/57 Bureaucrat

Definitely nerf sol
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    1. When will you let us transfer characters between accts? That would be another account I would buy on the spot to move one of my 220's to, which equals more $ in Funcoms pocket. Gief plx.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We'll think about it.
    As a player with 2 220 characters on the same account, know that I would in a heartbeat pay to transfer one character to another account. In hindsight, I should have put my second main on a new account to start with.

Means: I can see how transferring characters between accounts would cause potential issues with character selling, so how about an alternative: Pay a small monthly premium for the ability to log on two characters who are on the same account. It works for mobile phone companies...

Means: The Scheol zone is for the most part, something you pass through on your way to Adonis. Are there any pans on revamping it to draw players out of Elysium and Adonis? Would XP rewards in Elysium and Adonis need adjusting for this to succeed?
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    Means: The Scheol zone is for the most part, something you pass through on your way to Adonis. Are there any pans on revamping it to draw players out of Elysium and Adonis? Would XP rewards in Elysium and Adonis need adjusting for this to succeed?
    I dunno, the last time they tried to 'revamp' Scheol they introduced the most retarded OCDworthy grinding linear quest in all of AO. I'm not quite sure what's up with all the linearity of late, it's getting to be a complete drag and making the replayability factor of AO plummet when you have to replay all the exact same boring quests over and over for every toon you have. And overall it's truly ironic for a game that touts the choices available to players.

It's simply good game design that as things progress, you phase out the older stuff but right now, you have to do all the old stuff before you can do all the new stuff such that new alts are a complete nightmare to grind through (and worse, can you anticipate doing LoX+300 symbs on every single one of your toons you want to bring to endgame?). And not enough profession-specific quests (like fixer quest, which I thoroughly enjoyed because it was so completely different from everything else I'd grinded a million times over) to break the monotony and make different professions actually feel different.
    Last edited by Chrys; Jul 23rd, 2009 at 19:07:16.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by avo345 View Post
    First of all, I'd like to say that there are THREE endgame tanking professions, and many many many situational tankers. For example, an MA can't tank beast easily, but nearly everything else is fine for an MA to tank. Same goes to shades and advies.
    The only reason these classes can tank is that pvm in this game isn't very hard. If there were actually difficult encounters in this game then all 3 of these classes would be absolutely terrible tanks since they lack absolutely any effective aggro management. Additionally, MAs and Shades generally tank by avoiding damage through evades, which is much less reliable and harder to heal than simply having a damage sponge like an enf or soldier. The only saving grace for any of these classes is unstunnable for MAs, which makes them decent tanks for encounters with stuns.

The other thing is regarding PVM healing. A friend and I recently did a bunch of stuff in the game as possible without healing. Let me give you a quick rundown of what a 220/30 crat and a 220/30 soldier were able to handle without any OSBs nor any sort of healing whatsoever...
    All you've proven here is that crats are absolutely ridiculously overpowered in pvm. Whats most hilarious about your post is that when pande was first being done, the crats all cried that they couldnt calm absolutely everything, and rooting/snaring wasn't a viable alternative.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Jul 23rd, 2009 at 21:39:25.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Hi there.. just a couple of quick non-game breaking questions:

1. Will we ever be able to traverse rubika without bumping into any invisible walls between certain zones?

2. Will high-end tradeskillers ever be able to determine the QL of their wares - without terminating & 'rez-skilling'?

Cheers

Q: Is it ok that soldier with 3.5k AR cannot even hit fixer ? And you want give fixers more love ? Only thing which works on them is AS/sneak. Is this ok you think ?
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast