Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

My question:

Dear Means, who's your favrit f4mz tr0ll??? izit me izit me plx say me
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Question 1: What are you going to do to Aimed Shot?

Question 2: When is Ultimate Ofab going to be made?

Question 3: Are there any plans to make Solo LE missions?

Question 4: When are you going to fix SL missions, particularly Solo missions all having the same difficulty no matter what is selected?

Question 5: What are you going to do to Aimed Shot?

Question 6: Can you make Ofab levelling armour please, costing VP to level it up so it becomes viable at all levels?

Question 7: What happened to the rest of the Ofab Pads, Someone should kick in the Orbital factories doors and threaten people till they're made, when will you order someone to do this?

Question 8: What are your opinions on the hot-swapping of weapons for lots of specials?

Question 9: What are you going to do to Aimed Shot?

Question 10: Will you be nerfing Hot-swapping of weapons as part of the profession rebalancing?

Question 11: Can you give us more info, and screen shots, of the new graphics engine?

Question 12: When will you be hiring more people? (I want a job)

Question 13: Low level Omni players, still based in Rome, tend to get missions to 4 holes when they can no longer pull missions in Rome itself, it's also very easy for new Omni players to get there so when I started playing it was a good location for pulling missions too. However, since it's currently under clan control it's suicide for them to go there, so when are Omni-Tek going to take back 4 Holes, or stop sending newer players into that death trap?

Question 14: What are you going to do to Aimed Shot?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    My question:

Dear Means, who's your favrit f4mz tr0ll??? izit me izit me plx say me
    he already told me, that is me.

....egimps was a distant 2nd.

and then he couldnt be bothered to list the rest.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Spouse argo, did you try using a detaunt or kiting around in circles? Can you FP NT (or are you an NT?) and use Forget Me! long enough to answer some of the questions?
    When he popped onto RK1 after 18.1 went live he was a fixer... so depending on spouse AR he's either still kiting or already hit reclaim.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    he already told me, that is me.
    You aren't even in the running, as you aren't a troll. Soz!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Question 2: When is Ultimate Ofab going to be made?
    Word, check the sig
    Must be a very angry wife no answers yet ^^
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

I just got stunraped and alphaed for 30k HP and he still had 2 perks executing.....

Agent getting raped by a 1hb enforcer btw

When can i expect to see a glimmer of hope for the agent proffession?

Do you plan on adding more items that can be bought using VP's or have you ever considered adding very expensive VP items even if they were social items?
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Will the new ql221 application forms be neutral only? Or can sided toons change sides as well?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Q: Any chance for Achievement system in Anarchy Online? Many offline and online games have it, why not for AO - it's be very fun!

For example...
    1. «Longest Journey» — char 50 lvl in The Beast lair
    2. «No Remorse» — Arid Rift full solo
    3. «Metro Monster» — Abmouth Supremus solo
    4. «Thats Easy» — Aztur the Immortal solo and selfbuffed
    5. «Sometime is back» — Hezak the Inobak solo
    6. «Master of the Lord» — Lord of the Void solo
    7. «Absolution» — Tattered Soul Keeper solo
    8. «Midnight Express» — get 120 lvls in 1 day
    9. «Unstoppable» — 220 in two week
    10. «Hecatomb» — 1 mil Victory Points
    11. «Cockchafer in anthills» — AI Kill/death ratio 1:1000
    12. «BattleStation Nemezis» — 20 kills solo without your death in 1 BattleStation Round
    13. «One for all, and all for one!» — 50 kills in team without your death in 1 BattleStation Round
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Jul 18th, 2009 at 09:25:30.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Q: When are you going to start answering these questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post

1. «No Remorse» — Arid Rift full solo
    2. «Sometime is back» — Hezak the Inobak solo
    3. «Master of the Lord» — Lord of the Void solo
    4. «Absolution» — Tattered Soul Keeper solo

That's crat achievements !
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Khalem
    But it also relates to your last issue:
    The notion that everyone should be able to do everything..

What is the point of choosing Nanomage, with low health, if the Atrox can do all the nano casting?
    I think there should be a diference between the breeds, if you scale everything by Atrox, Nanomages just will have no advantages.

Nanomages again lack the agility of opifex and that way have a hard time with symbiants..

I am all for choices, instead of everyone having all.
    Which is where I think the perk system plays nicely, as you have a limited amount of points, whereas buffs and item additions have enabled almost everyone to get everything on, till the point where only lvl locks stop twinking.

That is why we run out of nanoes/pets and into dry dessert; we simply equip things earlier.

When was the last time you had an armor not higher QL than your lvl?
    The same goes with nanoes and implants.

As I see it Opifex, solitus and especially atrox should expect work hard to be able to use nanoes, and have some they right out can not use, compared to nanomages.

On the other hand shouldn't nanomages expect to have access to all symbiants and armors, because of there lacking strength and agility.
    Yes i think everyone should be able to do anything within reasonable limits. Thats what i love about AO, because anyone can do anything, or at least they could at some point.

Now i'm not saying as a trox i expect to be able to cast my endgame nanos easily. I expect to have to work for it and that i have to make sacrifices. And i'm ok with that, i choose to stray off the beaten path. But with that said, it should still be archievable.

Now a nanomage might be able to pull it off easily, and thats fine too, except a fixers core breed is opifex. And neither opifex nor solitus can as far as i know do it easily. They still have 5 all DARK BLUE nanoskills. And thats the main point, not that i have a nasty time as an atrox.

And if you ask around a bit, most fixers can tell you that the nanoreq's on our endgame nanos are a bit out of whack given we HAVE to more or less max out 5 dark blue nanoskill lines.

Bottom line is, if Funcom wants to take AO in a direction away from everyone having all choices, then imho its the beginning of the end of AO. And what worries me is that we seem to be heading in that direction with professions becoming more and more locked into both weapon choices and breed choices.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Question: Is a Hoathlan just a skanky Athlan?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Wives would (seem to) be less OP if Husbands would stop getting themselves flagged.
    Boring.... For both
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

ohmygosh poor Means having to read through all those questions

Guess I'll add a question since all the cool kids are doing it as well

Means: Do you have any plans on altering the way hotbars work? The way it is now you can't rebind keys on the hotbars, leaving us having to mouse click half our stuff, hotkeys are faster and more efficient. It shouldn't be too hard adding rebindable hotkeys for Hotbar1, 2, 3, 4 etc. When I was playing both WoW and AoC I had 4 hotbars visible at one time, you can do that in AO as well, key difference being you can't rebind the keys to say shift + 1,2,3,4,5. ctrl + 1,2,3,4,5. Hope you get what I'm trying to say.

I think it would be a huge plus for people that are going to return when the new graphic engine hits, people have gotten used to it so it's going to annoy them when they can't.
    Zeposid - lvl 220 doc
    Baldev - lvl 220 MA | gimped
    Possid - lvl 165/10 trader

Hm, i wouldn't bother Means with questions on hi free week. AO questions can wait a week...
    (online mostly at 17:00-20:00 GMT)

Minishot city farmer
    Fixking blitzer
    Eeneke + Eespy bank chars
    Ovvnz doc
    Cobby pvp engi soon
    Fiskarz tl3 pvp toon
    Maulix tl4 pvp toon
    Prazem tl5 pvp toon

>Frozen atm<

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Update:

Angry wife..expect significant delays.

Sorry.
    You know it's perfectly okay to say that you're having a 1-2 week vacation, and either suspend FwM for those two weeks or delegate it to Macrosun & Co., right?

I think most will agree, that we'd like to keep you as our GD rather than loose you because your family says stop or due to stress caused by too much work
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Yes "should" is the key word here but it's not, 2500 tokens is part of a grind.

If you want more people to open their minds to PvP as a positive, and potentially fun part of the game, you don't want to punish people and enforce negative aspects of PvP and BS.

It's all about finding and removing unnecessary aspects of the game, and remove or improve them, not hold on to them as hard as you can because that's what AO has been doing for years... hello perk reset 2005 *wave*
    i feel that way about pvm mate
    i kinda have to laugh at guys outside bs complaining they have to pvp.
    am i the only one that inwardly and sometimes outwardly complains that i have to pvm?

i would at the least like to be able to pvp while i get all my gear just like im sure alot of "pvm'ers" would probably like to pvm on bs while they get there gear through pvp VP.

maybe the solution to that is make the game way more interesting.
    like add a boss on bs winner takes all.winner being the winning side.bad idea imo but il do it if i can pvm in 0% gas 24/7

Arrow Achievements - Why not, but other categories

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Q: Any chance for Achievement system in Anarchy Online? Many offline and online games have it, why not for AO - it's be very fun!

For example...
    1. «Longest Journey» — char 50 lvl in The Beast lair
    2. «No Remorse» — Arid Rift full solo
    3. «Metro Monster» — Abmouth Supremus solo
    4. «Thats Easy» — Aztur the Immortal solo and selfbuffed
    5. «Sometime is back» — Hezak the Inobak solo
    6. «Master of the Lord» — Lord of the Void solo
    7. «Absolution» — Tattered Soul Keeper solo
    8. «Midnight Express» — get 120 lvls in 1 day
    9. «Unstoppable» — 220 in two week
    10. «Hecatomb» — 1 mil Victory Points
    11. «Cockchafer in anthills» — AI Kill/death ratio 1:1000
    12. «BattleStation Nemezis» — 20 kills solo without your death in 1 BattleStation Round
    13. «One for all, and all for one!» — 50 kills in team without your death in 1 BattleStation Round
    Yes, I have seen those in other games, and I dislike them.
    Especially a lot of those you put up, as they more or less only depends on you having an org/friends helping you: low lvl at beast, lvling fast..

Another category you have is soloing.
    AO have professions that are specifically made for team play, they will have less to no chance doing it.

Further more a lot of lvl locked placed are mentioned, meaning that people would have to roll a new toon to do it..
    lvl locked encounters shows that it is indeed skill, and not just friends helping, on the other hand people will not be able t do it.

A solution could be making it an account wide achevement.. but then you could "just" do it with the right profession/breed combination.
    and someone with an "odd" class would not get the extra credit for doing it the hard way.

Personally I really dislike achievements, as it brings out the worst of some people, thinking they are better, just because they lvled fast or did not die the first 100 lvls..
    on the other hand I see that it gives endgame players something to do, resulting in more fun and playtime for some.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. Thank you for your nice reply Khalem, it is nice to hear how others would like AO to be.
    It is a game for all of us
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast