Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I believe that I am qualified to answer this question on behalf of Means--they would be fired, obviously.

Means is a man of good taste, he would go with copper.
    You again!

No...firing is quick and painless. Long term suffering comes from having to continue working for me.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Question: will we be someday able to buy a ready to pop 220 toon with vet points?
    No. Not while I am in charge at any rate.

That being said a character part-way (say level 200) might be something I would consider for vets who already have a 220 main.

This is called "waffling"? 220 just feels offensive...200 a little less.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    question:

will cloaks eeeeeeverrrr be able to be disabled?!
    Probably not. But we might make some with the mesh disabled for those who don't like to pimp the man-dress.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Means, will the new mid lvl dungeon also be available to froobs ?
    It is a mid-level SL instanced playfield..so unfortunately "no". The "Shadowlands Fr00b" players will of course have access.

Fr00bs will get access to the "daily" style missions that will be largely situated on RK and we have kept them in mind while working on this issue. They might not be able to post here due to the moderation impossibilty that represents...but they are far from forgotten.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Update:

Angry wife..expect significant delays.

Sorry.
    What? Are you whipped or what?

...wait...that was me. Moving on.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ellarisa View Post
    questions i can think of:

- Professional program: when you picking your next victims to fill up the free spots?
    - pets of all 3 professions: could you please look into em? since the 18.1 they've been behaving really badly. pathing in inf mishs and some other places. they disobey commands, they reset back to guard mode without any reason, they get stuck in stupid places, the can't hold agro (much less then they usually can). they randomly run in some direction sometimes without any reason (while i'm standing still), they cant take corners anymore...
    - when will team 7x spec blockers be removed?
    - how's the work on the engine coming along?
    Professional Program - Famine Famine Famine!

Pets - We really need some kind of compiled concerns (with details) about these NEW pet issues so we can look into them properly. I will bug one of our pet prof playing designers about it tomorrow.

7x Spec Blockers - A little balance work might be needed there...

Engine - discussed already.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Q: Where's my free goo? I was promised free goo!
    Q: Is purple a fruit?
    Goo - Free purple "grape-flavoured" jelly applied to your apartment door handle while you were at work!

Two birds with one stone! W00t!

ps. This is why Macro doesn't want me to know where he lives!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    WTB more pande agg so that the cliche "Wife/gf/husband/bf aggro > pande agg" becomes untrue.

On a more serious note:
    With the rebalancing; Will you also rebalance the mobs, so that they don't completely invalidate various toolsets (say, calms and init debuffs instantly come to my mind, although some mobs may need a 'calm-breaker' which makes them break out of calms a bit more random)?
    A great deal of PVM toolsets completely invalidate the monsters..making them pointless meatbags if debuffed calmed/snared etc for 15 minutes. We try to only make "some" monsters immune.

Note:
    Aliens in AI missions have calm breakers. I wanted calming in AI ships to be more of an "active" task.

Question: How is this working on AI ships? Good, Bad or ugly?
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    Theres probably a thousand questions one could ask.

• Pets: Back before ShadowLands came out and the max level was 200, the pets available to pet classes was fairly spaced out between levels. While some twinking was possible, you could generally get a new pet every so often. With the introduction of ShadowLands level locked pets where introduced. While that was all fine and dandy for higher levels, it still leaves a large hole for pet classes between levels 100ish to 200 where they are pretty much stuck with the same pet, thus, same primary weapon for some 200 levels (which incidentally are some of the longest levels ingame). I know there has been mention of pets getting new crats, but some have viewed that as being aimed at endgame play. Are there any plans to revamp pets for all 3 classes so that there actually might be some new pets to strive for as you level up? Bottom line is that the pets that scaled for level 1-200 alongside with the difficulty of RK mobs certainly does not scale with level 1-200 post SL, and not really in terms of SL/AI mobs either.
    • Pet customization? Feasible with the new engine? Even considered to be something that would be nice to do at some point?
    • The same logic actually applies to many nano lines as well. Take for example a doctor. He will pretty much be using the same heal since level 100ish until level 175 when their next level locked heal becomes available. Again, the heal scaled nicely pre SL, but post SL it really doesn't scale all that well from level 100-175. Are there any plans to look into these gaps to make leveling up more fun? As in having some goals to archieve instead of it boiling down to "get to level 200 asap so we can actually gain access to something new and be usefull"?
    • Looking at some of the nano requirements for certain nanos for certain classes, it is almost as if Funcom forgot how much IP said classes need to spend to be able to cast their nanos. I'll use fixers as an example. We have ALL dark blue nanoskills. As an Atrox fixer i am slightly disadvantaged in the nanoskills department, and i accept that. However, with QL300 city buffs, having ConC 7 trained (Have you seen the AXP level curve after someone nerfed it into oblibion shortly after AI release?) im sitting at 1624 MM skill which is maxed for my level (1153 base skill). I don't have the best endgame equipment, thats fair enough, but my SWS XI requires 1895 MM to cast. So that means i need to get an MP (well thats required for most all of our engame nanos anyways) for Comp Mochies. I need to equip my NCUHI which gives 60 (which btw, was supposed to assist fixers because Funcom messed up requirements when designing nanos for the fixer class, but never scaled up after the release of SL), i need to equip my QL 300 comm relay for another 30, then i need to equip the shiny new research device. And thats just a single dark blue skill and a single nano. We have to raise 5 dark blue nanoskills, and given that they are dark blue, we cant raise them far enough. It almost seems like you guys sometime forgot the fact that the skills are dark blue when setting requirements. Are there any plans to reevaluate the requirements for certain nanos for several professions, or are there at the very least any plans to help fixers with this as they are the ones suffering most heavily?

I was thinking of some more, but seeing as i ended up throwing a wall of text up... i'll just go sulk in a corner now
    The ability to "twink" your character in AO has made it possible to get powerfull gear and nanos out early. Pets themselves would be the best example of this. The downside with throwing those pets out early is that you are stuck with the same one for longer. Without level locking a new series of pets (that would be put out as additonal pets to those already in use) there is very little that can be done about this issue...there are nanos buffing pets during this level range..but I understand it doesn't feel quite the same as unleashing a new monster to do your bidding.

There are no plans to re-evaluate nano requirements for some professions currently....but I am certain it will become an issue once we move beyond the larger system changes and begin to get into profession individual details.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    so just ONE Q : what about the 3 NW field state maps down for almost a month now ?
    We'll have to look into that.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Hi Means,

My question relates to my Fixer. I would like to know whether the addition of the new SMG's is the end of the help that we are getting, or merely the start?

Can you please cheer me up with a sneak peek of what we have to look forward to?
    This is the start...not the end of fixer changes. The full details are not worked out yet...but shared cooldown between FA, SA and AS will at least make it possible to start work on your duel wield possible profession.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Will there be catgirls on my spaces-club? -.^
    Unlikely. It is more likely they will be available as a social costume that can be worn by players at some point. They will be expensive because I know you will have to buy them for everyone. :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    Id like some clarification on some rumors that have been passed around like truth lately.

First - AS nerf, everybody is talking about it.. any official statement in that regard?
    Second - Heals nerf, not as widespread as previous rumor but still a common topic ingame
    Third - Rebalancing... what is ur focus here? Are you trying to make all profs viable vs eachother or rock scissors paper type rollercoaster? Or is individual pvp still no concern of urs and your efforts are spent on balancing profession effectiveness in mass pvp?
    Trying to make all profs mostly viable against each other. (real full balance is impossible). Mass PVP is mostly balanced...but there are still some tweaks to be made.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Xscape View Post
    QUESTION: Are there any plans for a sound revamp for AO after the new engine is out, alot of the sounds in this game are lacking to say the least.
    No. Very very time consuming and expensive. I also like the sound in AO the way it is. I would like to see some new music/sounds with the next booster.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post

Question 3: Are there any plans to make Solo LE missions?

Question 4: When are you going to fix SL missions, particularly Solo missions all having the same difficulty no matter what is selected?

Question 8: What are your opinions on the hot-swapping of weapons for lots of specials?

Question 12: When will you be hiring more people? (I want a job)

Question 13: Low level Omni players, still based in Rome, tend to get missions to 4 holes when they can no longer pull missions in Rome itself, it's also very easy for new Omni players to get there so when I started playing it was a good location for pulling missions too. However, since it's currently under clan control it's suicide for them to go there, so when are Omni-Tek going to take back 4 Holes, or stop sending newer players into that death trap?
    3. Not at the moment. These missions were built as "team" missions and are not interchangable with Solo missions.

4. We can have a look at that.

8. Hot swapping will be able to continue to swap out weapon type/damage type etc. Having specials on shared cooldowns will likely remove the reason for hotswapping in PVP.

12. Likely not very soon. Sorry. As an AO player you have an edge of other applicants as I won't hire anyone who doesn't play.

13. Wasn't aware of that. We'll have to look into that.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Apothis1 View Post
    I just got stunraped and alphaed for 30k HP and he still had 2 perks executing.....

Agent getting raped by a 1hb enforcer btw

When can i expect to see a glimmer of hope for the agent proffession?
    The full alpha of a 1hb + 1he Enforcer is over the top. Nobody is expecting to survive that. This is the problem with this kind of alpha attack...nobody survives it. This isn't pvp this is ganking.

If hope for the Agent profession means surviving that kind of toe-to-toe alpha from an enforcer then you are going to be disappointed.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Do you plan on adding more items that can be bought using VP's or have you ever considered adding very expensive VP items even if they were social items?
    Yes. We are planning on adding VP social items at some point.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Will the new ql221 application forms be neutral only? Or can sided toons change sides as well?
    Only Neutral toons will be able to change sides.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Q: Any chance for Achievement system in Anarchy Online? Many offline and online games have it, why not for AO - it's be very fun!

For example...
    1. «Longest Journey» — char 50 lvl in The Beast lair
    2. «No Remorse» — Arid Rift full solo
    3. «Metro Monster» — Abmouth Supremus solo
    4. «Thats Easy» — Aztur the Immortal solo and selfbuffed
    5. «Sometime is back» — Hezak the Inobak solo
    6. «Master of the Lord» — Lord of the Void solo
    7. «Absolution» — Tattered Soul Keeper solo
    8. «Midnight Express» — get 120 lvls in 1 day
    9. «Unstoppable» — 220 in two week
    10. «Hecatomb» — 1 mil Victory Points
    11. «Cockchafer in anthills» — AI Kill/death ratio 1:1000
    12. «BattleStation Nemezis» — 20 kills solo without your death in 1 BattleStation Round
    13. «One for all, and all for one!» — 50 kills in team without your death in 1 BattleStation Round
    I won't say "never"...but adding achievements is a significant time investment in production for very little "new stuff to do". It might be fun...so I can't rule it out...but it would likely be linked to new content rather than tied to the old.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Q: When are you going to start answering these questions?
    Soon!(tm)
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast