Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 24th, 2009 - Pink Eye, Airplanes and Nightclubs

Gimpelines club would be a good name.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

High Times? (j/k ;-p)
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Talking

what about blue light district?

Thumbs up name

name for nightclub : Orbital Bliss

I might also suggest putting something in there so that there is a reason to go to it besides the social thing... possibly that daily xp mission thing u were talking about. I have been to several of the nightclubs around Rk and they are always empty as my "apartment", even as cool as they look there is just no reason to go to the nightclubs...

It'd be cool to go Leet Clubbin
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Rubi-Ka Dream or Cloud Nine =)

Quote Originally Posted by paradise36 View Post
    I might also suggest putting something in there so that there is a reason to go to it besides the social thing...
    This. Daily quests would be good, also maybe a shady character sitting in a table that sells some expendable items of higher ql range than superior shops or something...just a reason for people to pop in regularly might help actually making it a social place. Gambling would be good too. Also, definitely make sure there's a bank terminal, GMS terminal and a Grid exit.

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Any suggestions on names for the nightclub would be appreciated...
    This may not be the kind of suggestion you were looking for, but:

If the new club is fitted with surgery clinics, banks, GMS terminals, grid terminals and a grid exit, it'll be a far more practical hangout than any of the old clubs, which these days are only visited by RPers. I think it'd be great if there were practical reasons to hang out in an area with so much attention paid to the artwork, which wouldn't keep reminding us just how very, very old this game is
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

On Stage's note, how about "Phoenix" maybe hoping for AO to regrow anew from the ashes of the old engine.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    Tab Q
    This...!
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Egon World

cs_office
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Infused Dust Brigade Improved Night Club of the Xan
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

The Evening Star
    Leet's Retreat
    The Rat's Den
    Rising Star
    Impending Syzygy
    The Drunken Leet
    Notum Overdoze
    Stim Addict's Paradise
    Equinox
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Infused Dust Brigade Improved Night Club with funky leafblowers on the wall which shoot pink love bullets of the almighty Xan*
    *fixed

( I owed you this X :\ )
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    On Stage's note, how about "Phoenix" maybe hoping for AO to regrow anew from the ashes of the old engine.
    look at my first post on page 1^^

Call the new nightclub "The Bubble"

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    This may not be the kind of suggestion you were looking for, but:

If the new club is fitted with surgery clinics, banks, GMS terminals, grid terminals and a grid exit, it'll be a far more practical hangout than any of the old clubs, which these days are only visited by RPers. I think it'd be great if there were practical reasons to hang out in an area with so much attention paid to the artwork, which wouldn't keep reminding us just how very, very old this game is
    Yes!

This game could really use a 'new Borealis', hangout spot for all factions and in order to do that players need reasons to be there, practical reasons.

All the possible terminals you can think of, slap an extra room there with basic, advanced and superior shop terminals possible for all factions to use.

Maybe also terminals to enter Battlestations? Not replace the old ones but you could enter from the orbit too. Would be easy to explain RP-wise as well.

How about a dmg buff like the HI/DB one that one gets by hanging out there for 15 minutes Buff lasts a couple of hours, then you spend 15 minutes chatting and socializing. Or an xp buff like that!

If you don't add anything practical in the new bar, it's going to be empty within a few months and only a random treehugger roleplaying org will hang out there.

I'm just throwing in ideas but I really think if you made the place a practical
    hangout it would really liven up the social scene. There's so few social occasions these days, West Athens is empty, even Pande raids aren't so huge anymore with instances...we could use a place where to make new friends and contacts.

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

Tempting Old Tavern

OH NOW i KNOW!!!!

The Canary

....oh wait..

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!