Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 4th, 2009 - Dragoncon

Well FC's AO group really better step up this fall. Considering the following:

Supreme Commander 2 will be launching.
    Starcraft 2 Beta and Launch end of this year.
    WoW has yet another massive expansion.
    The Secret World will go beta.

There are four big events. StarCraft 2 has the potenial to hurt every game out there even WoW. That will be a big event. Add all of them up and games that have unhappy players (AO) will see them leave for new and fresh.

Sadly I spend more time playing Supreme Commander now that I do AO.

This whole experience leveling a new toon has sucked. Outside of today when I got a crippler cave team which was nice. We moved on to LE and that was fun. But they where the only players I saw to level with all day.

Sadly the climb from 20 to 32 was faster than the twinking at 32. And it was not big time twinking just ql75 implants and such. The problem was no one around for buffs and such.

Last year people said oh life will get better and you know what numbers continued down. I suspect to see that trend again as well this year.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Zirreall View Post
    So many veteran peeps leaving game, including myself, and, you guys at DC partying..lol. I feel a lot of irony. Pfft, who am I - only played this game since the beginning - server rollbacks and all - only gave up after 8 years....

If only the newbs to this game could keep up...sigh

???????

New vaporware engine will not save this game
    I hate to break it to you but "veteran peeps" are not what keep MMOs thriving. Fresh blood is what's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    I hate to break it to you but "veteran peeps" are not what keep MMOs thriving. Fresh blood is what's needed.

your completely right...

if you're not referring to ao.

huge learning curve and the feeling of being lost for new players is often eased by the help of veteran peeps, at least those that help new players.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

nvm i finds ^_^
    Last edited by Cdogg421; Sep 8th, 2009 at 06:18:14.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

i heard the camera got dropped into a pitcher of beer

Quote Originally Posted by juicyfruitloot View Post
    i heard the camera got dropped into a pitcher of beer
    Nope. Camera was found intact. I just don't have the USB cable to transfer pics to laptop. I'll upload 'em all when I get back to the UK on Wednesday.
    When a man can pretend to be someone he's not... to get something he doesn't necessarily deserve. Sometimes, all you need is a lab coat.

Quote Originally Posted by juicyfruitloot View Post
    huge learning curve and the feeling of being lost for new players is often eased by the help of veteran peeps, at least those that help new players.
    I find it funny that there is such a large learning curve and absolutely no help is given to a new player by the game, yet a large room, with arrows on the floor and NPCs what engage you in Conversation via Proximity Trigger was deemed "too confusing to new players".

Sorry, but that just makes me laugh, hahaha.

That's right up there with "We removed alien weapons from the ICC Shuttleport because Expansions confused Froobs"!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I find it funny that there is such a large learning curve and absolutely no help is given to a new player by the game, yet a large room, with arrows on the floor and NPCs what engage you in Conversation via Proximity Trigger was deemed "too confusing to new players".
    Wow that made me laugh.

Sadly if you go to the old school RK Back Yards the Guide NPC still has very useful info for a first time player. To bad that NPC did not find its way into the NI experience.

I still think the original Back Yards were the best.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I still think the original Back Yards were the best.
    Heck yea.

I got a good introduction to the game out of the backyards. The environment was kinda cool, the mechanics were easy to practice, you could pull back to the guards if things became too much, and I always felt a sense of accomplishment when I could finally kill that dang level 4 boss in the back of the area.

And I just fell in love with the jazzy music in the Omni backyard apartment areas. That, I think, was what drew me to AO; sci-fi and a bit of a punk atmosphere. I didn't care that the graphics weren't "top notch", it looked alright to me.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

The back yards got the bosses after NW but even before that they were awesome. I so remember coming to hate roller rats in the clan back yards. Running like baby to the guards with a pack of 6 or more roller rats on your tail.

The Guide NPC's were great and still give good info. The missions you could do for stims and loot taught you mission mechanics. There was surgery clinic to put in implants from those dang roller rats. You had a bank and save terminals.

Then at NW they added the boss and second hand peddler which really made life great. You could really have fun in the backyards. Truth be told the back yards could have been modified to support AI. The whole concept of new starter area just seemed foolish.

Interesting tidbit is that NI has had more changes to it than the RK and SL backyards combined. And we are still complaining about it.

Also you can make faster cash in the old school backyards than on NI. And the boss does at times drop really cool weapons.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    We dont need fresh blood...just create another account and be dual and trippel logged like the rest of us old farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    We dont need fresh blood...just create another account and be dual and trippel logged like the rest of us old farts.
    well said. and how true it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    We are Legion... smell our lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerbot View Post
    10 Bucks says it was a man.
    She can be spotted in this pic. Mynka is for sure not a man.

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/atta...8&d=1252196930
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

she looks amazingly good to be honest in that outfit
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    she looks amazingly good to be honest in that outfit
    even better in person lol
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    lies!

i was much better in person!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Absolutely. But the best was Means' reaction upon seeing her the first time. He was doing his presentation and Mynka walks in (a little late) and he stops mid-sentence and was like "and I've suddenly become very distracted."
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Absolutely. But the best was Means' reaction upon seeing her the first time. He was doing his presentation and Mynka walks in (a little late) and he stops mid-sentence and was like "and I've suddenly become very distracted."
    and i'm sure his wife will be pleased, i have that on video.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

and when will we see said videos?
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast