Thread: Level 1 Trader: Lilgatester

Level 1 Trader: Lilgatester

Lilgatester

Lilgatester was born on Tue Feb 26 16:12:58 2008
    Lilgatester has played 5 days 13 hours 48 minutes 48 seconds

Lilgatester Profile
    Lilgatester Planned Equip

6-Slot Belt + Complier

There have been many level 1 twinks, and many accomplishments over the years by talented players. We have had level 1 twinks solo abmouth in subway, equip Cure for Baldness on a doctor, and even make the journey to Inferno and Pandemonium. My accomplishment is equipping a 6-Slot Belt on a Level 1 Trader. Since this was done legitly, and is doable by any player in AO, I wish to share as much of the process and requirements as I can with the AO community.

This was done on a level 1 Clan Nanomage Trader with full expansions. All calcs will already include research, and as far as I know level 1's cannot recieve any Tower or City advantages so they will not be included. PLEASE PLEASE, be sure to disable all xp gains under the Behavior menu in your F10 options window.

First, the listing of items you will need to accomplish this:
    Code:
    Twinking Toolset
    The Pioneer Backpack
    Pure Novictum Ring for the Control Unit
    5-Slot Belt QL 100
    Overclocked Belt Component Platform
    6-Slot Belt QL 160
    Collar Casero de la Cripta
    Explosif's Polychromatic Pillows x2
    Ring of the Nucleus Basalis
    Rebuilt NCU Wrist Implant
    Shades of Lucubration

Platinum Filigree Ring
    x2 Almandine
    x2 Red Beryl
    x2 Ruby Pearl
    X1 Sapphire

Nova Dillon set QL35
    Lowest +2 stat set, or as close as possible.

Carbonum Armor set QL16
    Lowest +2 NCU set.

Loving Focus-Funneling Helper
    Primitive Focus-Funneling Helper

Treatment Library QL20
    Higher is possible but QL20 was all I needed.

Pirate Cloak of Captain Jim Salabim
    Computer Literacy Tutoring Device
    Improved Ofab Trader Body Armor QL25
    Penultimate Ofab Trader Pants QL25

Lya's Sangi Patch
    I had QL's 32, 46, and 52.

Advanced Scent Sensor
    Solid Steel Hydraulic Legwear
    Drone Communication Unit
    I believe I had a +2 when equipping CoH collar.

De'Valos Sleeves QL20
    +3 nanoskill, +2 NCU sleeves are what I have to use.

For Clan
    Guate's Cloak of Rock
    Counterfeit Omni Epaulet

For Omni
    Omni Special Issue set
    I never went omni to use this, but it would have made the process easier.

And lastly, as many of the +3-4 stat Miy's Armors as you can get your hands on.  Good luck as they are very rare.
    I hope that is everything lol. Since equipping a 4-Slot Belt and Shades of Lucubration should be doable without explanation I will jump straight to that point. With a 4-Slot on you should have enough NCU to equip ql 50 implants without too much effort. Also, try to equip some +5-7 Rebuilt NCU wrist implants. From this point I went through the following chain of twinking:

Equipped Collar Casero de la Cripta
    Equipped HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition
    Began my trip through Shadowlands
    Arrived at Inferno and Looted Pure Novictum Ring for the Control Unit
    Equipped 5-Slot Belt QL 100
    Looted Phobia Beads in Albatreum to acquire Wen-Wen Decoy
    Equipped Overclocked Belt Component Platform
    Equipped 6-Slot Belt QL 160

I equipped the collar, TIM scope, and arrived in inferno about a year ago. I wanted to equip the 5-slot belt for a long time, but I hit a twinking problem that took me around 8 months to realize how to get around lol. After that I went back to inferno to get my Wen-Wen, which was about 2 or 3 months ago. Finally this past week I equipped the Overclocked Belt and 6-slot belt.

The next post will describe the processes for each of these items.

To verify that you can reach 351 Computer Literacy at Level 1

Actual Equip at the Time of Equipping (-1 intel as the ring will only add +5 intel+sense)
    Along with +12 ability buff
    +20 CL expertise
    +3 intel from ICRT
    +20 intel from NS
    +160 CL from bulk trader
    +16 CL from tutoring device

4 Default Computer Literacy
    4 Points from IP
    180 From buffs
    15 From armor
    77 From Implants
    35 Trickle
    20 From Utils
    16 From tutoring device

4+4+180+15+77+35+20+16 = 351
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 13th, 2009 at 21:41:20.

I highly recommend keeping AO-Universe available, because the guides to acquiring many of the items, as well as Shadowlands progression quests are there. Now to see how much I can remember from a year ago about my twinking process lol.

Collar Casero de la Cripta
    Now, when I equipped my CoH collar, I had full NCU gear on. De'Valos sleeves, Carb armor, NCU ring, the Sapphire ring, and Rebuilt NCU wrist implants. The NCU's were 189 CL req and my NCU was approximately 150. From there you simply get the assistance of an MP and a Trader and head to the nearest Backyard. Using ql 50 bio mat implants, you should be able to drain up using PM and TS infuses to reach enough drained skill.

140 bio mat from mochams
    131 bio mat from wrangle
    20 from expertise
    60 from implants
    then the last bit from drains.
    Pretty basic here so I hope I do not need to go into too much detail on this part.

HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition
    To get the TIM scope, I simply went through Foremans alongside my 100 Engineer. It was not too difficult as I knew the PF pretty well, and simply killing T.I.M and looting the scope is probly one of the easier acquisitions I experienced

When equipping the scope the first thing you will want to do is have a high ql Targeting Scope The benefit of this is that the Aimed Shot from that scope can be hotswapped with theTIM scope, so the only stat you have to focus on is the rifle stat. Simply get buffed by an agent, get a 131 wrangle, ql50 rifle implants, and drain up and the scope is on.

At this point I decided I wanted the Pure Novictum Ring from Inferno, so it was time to begin the journey. The first thing you need to do, is collect the 4 no drop items from Subway that can be traded to one of the various Ergo's on Rubi-Ka for a +1 ring. You will need it to progress from Elysium to Scheol. Check ao-universe.com for guides about various Shadowlands Zone progressions.

Now some of you may be wondering about the DoT effects from Adonis Underwater, Penumbra, Inferno, and even Pandemonium. Luckily for you they cap at 30% of your health. The reason for this is that the DoT effects are not cast by the playfield, but by the player on themselves, and since damage caused to yourself is counted as pvp damage it follows the same restrictions based on max health. The only really difficult parts are Adonis Underwater RS debuffs, and Eremites. AAAARRRGGHHH EREMITES!!!!!! Yes, I have been killed by Eremites over a dozen times on my excursions into SL

The other issue will be Guardian Faction. This part is fairly easy, as you just need to join an kite team in ely for 1 or 2 kites to max out faction there, and once in adonis you can team from anywhere in the zone and get Guardian faction from adonis heck kills. In Penumbra you may need to do a bit more killing but you should be good to go for inferno access.

Equipping the 5-Slot Belt QL 100 is the hardest part of this entire setup. It was a while ago so I cannot remember the specifcs, but I had approximately 185 NCU when I began, and used QL 52 brain-59 right hand with computer literacy. I did not use the treatment clinic to hotswap implants mid way since when I attempted this it failed miserably. Also, you must be sure to have a Sense Improvement Chest implant in, and enough nano to cast Bulk Trader.

If you are looking at the requirements to cast Bulk Trader you will obviosly think "How the hell". Well the problem isn't just getting the required nanoskills to cast it lol, its having the 30 NCU to hold the buff as well. All in all if you counted using Mochams, 131 wrangle, drains and expertises when trying to cast Bulk Trader, it totals somewhere around 220-230 NCU needed. Note, I did this with 185 NCU, and that is as big a hint as I am going to give you guys because this is the only part of this process that took thought rather than just simple calcing. I have given you as much info as I can so if you deserve to get 5-Slot Belt on, you will get it on

After that I returned to Inferno to try for my Wen-Wen Decoy. There are no level reqs so a level 1 trader can infact equip it and have blockers at level 1. Once you finally avoid several Eremite deaths you can loot 5x Phobia Beads from The Remains of The Keeper and combine them. The resulting necklace is then force traded with the Yutto outside and you recieve a blank wen-wen. Simply right click it and enjoy one of the coolest looking util items in game

Overclocked Belt Component Platform
    When I originally began to acquire this, I didn't think 6-slot belt was possible. Mid way through the quest I was able to calc out equipping a 6-slot but I decided I might as well finish the quest, and am I glad I did. You recieve this belt as the final reward for the AI Tech 3 questline. The main benefit of this belt is obviously the +20 NCU.

With your 5-slot belt equipped, casting bulk trader is much easier. What you want to do though, is update 4x of your NCU's as high as possible, in my case, I used ql 124 NCU's. You can try swapping out 5 NCU memories but you will most likely run into the same problem I did, if you do not have enough time left on bulk trader, about 7 seconds or longer, once the buff ends the equipping process will as well. Simply go through the same steps as was done for equipping the 5-slot belt and you have your Overclocked Belt on.

6-Slot Belt QL 160
    The beast. Luckily for you guys I actually wrote down my steps here and used a skill emulator to calculate all of this exactly. So this part will allow all of you who have made it to this point to repeat my steps exactly, as long as you have the Lya Sangi patches

Keep in mind I had some +3/+3 miy's armor, and for probly the first half of the twinking process I did not own a Pioneer Backpack or +5 stat rings (I had a +4 set). Also the ql50 implants were simply stat implants such as agi+stam thighs.

Code:
    Overclocked belt equipped, calculating from all ql50 implants:

150 intel 320 treament without right hand
    equip a ql 64 treatment right hand
    equip a ql 69 sense+psychic chest
    replace intel+sense brain with psychic+sense brain
    replace intel ear implant with psychic ear implant

140 Psychic 334 treatment
    equip a ql 68 sense+agility waist implant
    replace psychic+sense brain with ql 59 intel+NP+sense brain
    equip Agility+Sense explosifs pillows
    equip second +4 int and sense ring

132 sense 338 treatment
    replace ql 50 ear with ql 66 percept+tutor+intel ear
    replace ql 50 eye with ql 64 map nav+treatment+wep smth eye
    equip pure novictum ring again
    equip Intel+Psychic explosifs pillows

149 intel 360 treatment
    replace ql 64 right hand treatment imp with ql 71 treatment right hand
    replace ql 69 sense+psychic chest imp with ql 72 stamina+psychic chest imp
    replace ql 59 intel brain with 59 psychic brain
    replace ql 68 sense+agi waist imp with 68 sense+stam waist
    replace ql 59 psychic brain imp with ql 63 treatment brain imp
    equip stam+str explosifs pillows
    equip 2x stamina rings
    equip solid steel hydraulic legwear
    equip nova +2 boots
    equip nova +2 sleeve
    equip miy's +3 stam body

??? stamina ??? treatment
    replace ql 50 agi+stam leg imp with ql 67 agi+stam imp
    replace ql 50 agi foot imp with ql 72 evade+agi imp
    replace ql 50 right arm imp with ql 72 str+swimming imp
    replace ql 50 left arm imp with ql 72 str+Mat met imp

{{{{{Currentently here in twinking process}}}}}

equip pure novi ring
    equip +5 int/sense ring
    equip int+psy explosifs pillows
    equip omni-med suit pants
    equip omni-med suit shirt
    equip nova +2 gloves
    equip omni-med suit sleeves
    replace ql 63 treatment brain with ql 59 psychic brain
    replace ql 68 sense+stam waist with ql 68 sense+agi waist
    equip nova +2 sleeve
    replace ql 59 psychic brain with ql 59 intel brain
    equip omni-med suit sleeve
    equip pioneer backpack
    equip omni-med suit gloves
    replace ql 72 stam+psychic chest with ql 72 sense+psychic chest
    replace ql 59 intel brain with ql 63 treatment brain
    equip sense+agi explosif pillows
    replace pure novi ring with +5 agi/str ring
    replace +5 int/sense ring with +5 agi/str ring
    equip 121 skill req lya sangi shoulder on right shoulder
    replace +5 agi/str ring with +5 int/sense ring
    replace omni-med suit gloves with +3 sense/agi miy gloves
    replace omni-med suit pants with +2 nova pants
    replace omni-med suit sleeves with +2 nova sleeves
    replace omni-med suit body with +2 nova body
    equip 136 skill req lya sangi shoulder on right shoulder
    equip 121 skill req lya sangi shoulder on left shoulder
    replace omni-med suit on body and one sleeve
    replace +5 agi/str ring with +5 int/sense ring

***150 sense 353 treatment***

replace ql 66 percept+tutoring+intel ear with ql 73 percept+tutoring+intel ear
    replace +2 nova pants with omni-med suit pants
    equip int+psy explosifs
    replace +2 nova sleeve with omni-med suit sleeve
    equip pure novi ring
    remove treatment+NP+sense brain

*****This section is a bit sketchy*****

115 psychic 133 intel 330 treatment

equip ql 62 intel+EE brain imp
    equip omni-med suit boots
    replace ql 64 treatment eye imp with ql 69 tutoring+comp lit+ wep smt+TS eye imp
    equip +2 nova boots
    equip ql 69 psychic+sense imp chest
    remove brain implant

133 intel 329 treatment

equip +2 nova glove
    eqip ql 65 CL+NP+tutoring brain implant
    replace ql 71 treatment right hand with ql 64 TS+CL right hand implant

Final Twinking Stage

Equip ofab body and pants
    Equip +2 nova sleeves, gloves, boots
    Equip omni epaulet in left shoulder
    Equip loving and primative focus-funneling devices
    305 tutoring req +16 comp lit tutoring device

351 Computer Literacy, start with NCUs and wrists.
    Get down to 4NCUs needed to cast bulk trader.
    Equip the 6slot belt.

Congratulations
    When you get to the final point where you begin to cast your bulk trader, you will have to use a similar trick I used when equipping the 5-slot belt. Don't forget your LE +9 nanoskills proc Also, the duration of the tutoring buffs is 2minutes, and the duration of CL buffs are 1minute, so I highly advise that you use the tutoring device first, then replace pioneer backpack before casting your Bulk Trader.

***EDIT 5/10/2011***
    Well, I have held onto this twinking trick for a while now, shared it with only a select few individuals, but I figured I would go ahead and share with everyone else the twinking trick that lead to my most well-known achievement. The secret to getting a 5-slot and then 6-slot belt onto a level 1 trader.

Perhaps the biggest reason for sharing this publicly is so that others can attempt to achieve the same thing. I was hoping someone else would stumble across how I did it on their own but I have not seen any evidence to support that, so for those who are interested this will unveil the extremely simple concept that will make you facepalm after reading it. In fact, I had this idea to accomplish getting the 5-slot belt equipped while away from my computer, forgot it before I made it back to test it, and it took nearly a year to remember...

Long drawn out introduction asside, I dub this trick the "NCU Hotswap".

The problem with equipping the 5-slot belt at level 1 is that you need to cast bulk trader in order to have the necessary nanoskills. Most people calc the best possible outside buffs, mochams, and then calc the best possible drains in order to reach the necessary nanoskills. Doing so takes around 180-190 NCU, which is possible with a 4-slot belt and gives you the skills to cast bulk trader. Unfortunately, bulk trader itself has an NCU cost as well, meaning that the 220+ NCU needed is an impossible figure when calculating mochams and drains, all of which are almost necessary.

This is where the NCU hotswap comes into play. I realized that once I begin casting a drain, there was a delay before the corresponding buff on the trader was recieved, afterall it is an offensive nano. What this means is that if you are out of NCU, lets say 175/182 but can still cast better drains, you can begin to cast the drains and then remove the mochams from your NCU.

After doing this, you will recieve the buff from the drain you normally would not have had NCU to hold. At this point you can obtain infuses which take slightly less NCU than mochams and then repeat the process for the next higher drain. While casting, remove the infuses from your NCU and your drain laddering will be one step higher. From this point, you can use masteries instead of infuses or mochams in order to cast bulk trader.

TL:dr version

Buff with mochams and a 131 wrangle and begin draining up. Drain until your NCU is full and you should still be able to cast better drains but lack the NCU to obtain their buff. While draining and before recieving the buff, cancel the mochams to free up the NCU. Cast infuses in place of mochams and repeat until you are able to make use of masteries. Masteries+131+top possible drains allows you enough NCU to cast bulk trader at level 1.

There you go, the big secret to my twink. For those that wish to duplicate my twink I hope this makes it a possibility.

***EDIT 5/10/2011***

/signed Gatester
    Last edited by Gatester; May 11th, 2011 at 00:24:19. Reason: Explained the trick for casting bulk trader at level 1

all that twinking, for that weapon?
    *facepalm*

still grats on the 6slot
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

<3 free bump

Grats.. awesome accomplishment Gatester.

I think I know what you did to equip the 5slot belt.

But haven't bothered to calculate, I'm a Notum Wars addict so you'll very likely won't see me make a twink outside those ranges.

As a hint I'll refer to a Dutch proverb: "Wie het kleine niet eert is het grote niet weerd."

Drop you a tell later to find out if I was right?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Good god
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Not at any particular twinking range, but I've used frequent customer to switch from a GCB to 6slot on a toon or two of mine in the past.

I've never had any issue unequiping 5 memories, and swapping the belt during the minute. What am I missing that everyone does not? Maybe it's been a while and something has changed... but I recall always doing it in some obscure location to avoid any lag and it went smoothly.
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

On the one Trader twink I had (level 15) that I threw a 6 slot belt on, it really wasn't hard transitioning from 5 to 6, even with 70 second delay and 60 second buff duration.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by theobelisk View Post
    Not at any particular twinking range, but I've used frequent customer to switch from a GCB to 6slot on a toon or two of mine in the past.

I've never had any issue unequiping 5 memories, and swapping the belt during the minute. What am I missing that everyone does not? Maybe it's been a while and something has changed... but I recall always doing it in some obscure location to avoid any lag and it went smoothly.
    Aye I always put the NCUs and belt on hotbar, so I could spam them like a madman.

Can't say I ever had the belt stop equipping on me. And I twinked a couple traders.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

The equipment change halt happens with delays. If you have a really good connection it will work but latency for instance will mess you up

If anyone has a guess on what I did feel free to PM me in game Undercutting, and Superenforce (maybe hehe) and the 3 lovely ladies that assisted me are the only ones that have either seen me during the process of doing this or have been actually told.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 14th, 2009 at 01:40:28.

'Sploits! I call shenanigans!

This is absolutely crazy, must've taken ages to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirura View Post
    'Sploits! I call shenanigans!

This is absolutely crazy, must've taken ages to do.
    Lilgatester has played 5 days 13 hours 48 minutes 48 seconds

Take a day off that for goofing around and add several weeks trying to figure out what I need outside of the game. It is officially the biggest waste of effort spent on a single goal in AO lol.

So, how much NCU do you have?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I Need my top NCU's to max it out, but its about 225-230 with a Viral Compiler. I hit 270 in full NCU setup without top NCU's.

Smile Grats!

Haa haa haa, that is awesome Gatester. Very nicely done.

Of course, since you are still level one you are one of those noobs who 'ran left'...

<3
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

gz for the twinking! really impressive
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Yeah, me and marx had a level one Atrox that was about 7 CL away from a 6 slot like a year and a half ago. The only thing that stopped us from doing it then was breed.

It's cool, but not really surprising and not too difficult, it's just a long grind to equip a toon until you can do it.

edit: for clarity, I meant that we were a few CL away from getting the 5 slot in, but we had calced that the 6 slot was possible if we had been able to get the 5 slot on.
    Last edited by Sterva; Sep 18th, 2009 at 18:27:24.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Congrats on finishing your trader; that's one awesome twink you have
    Ky Loobman Jelly :: 220/23 Solitus Doctor
    Sechsy :: 191/11 Nanomage Meta-Physicist. First 61+ character with 1hp. Duel Video
    Ganked You :: 166/20 Solitus Adventurer. Equipment
    The Loob Man :: 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist. Equipment
    Lubemeup Imgoingin :: 126/15 Atrox Enforcer. Equipment
    Sechzy :: 95/10 Nanomage Trader. Equipment
    Sechsie :: 76/8 Nanomage Nano-Technician. Equipment
    Totw Nerfed Twink :: 25/3 Nanomage Agent. Equipment. Soloing Aztur

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast