Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I never really understood why there needs to be an init debuff in Malpractice.

Might be because some professions are 100% resist on ubt.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Quote Originally Posted by Muckota View Post
    2 profs?

Going further off topic, but:

Yes, 2 professions can get 100% resist on UBT but one would imagine that those professions are supposed to resist most init debuffs, then - and procs already ignore resist. So what about the rest of the professions?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    NT - Tripple/Double - ZERO chance to resist.
    Every profession out there has attack skill checks and defense skill checks. if you were a melee professions and ran up to another player and tried to hit them, some of your attacks will miss.
    in the case of Double/Tripple these nanos will always land; there is no "miss"
    40k HP enforcers are eaten alive in just a few casts and the squishier professions are eliminated in even fewer.

What planet are you on, exactly?

Your (possibly lying, possibly imaginary) "PvP" NT friend is not running around with 2900+ MC skill self buffed, not in a viable PvP build. A 2800+ MC build is alpha food to anyone the second NBG is out and will be using NBG so much he'll be out of the fight for longer than he's in it anyway.

I'd love to know who these 40k HP Enforcers are that get eaten alive in a few casts. Must be some pretty bad Enfos on your server, on RK1 there's not a single end game Enforcer that's eaten alive 1 on 1 by an NT. Caused trouble by an NT? Sure, NR debuff, Rage cancellation and unrageable roots. But 1 vs 1 with the NT intent on killing that Enforcer, it's a completely different ballgame. DoTs breaking SL root (SI+IU+DM being the fastest way to get an Enforcer's HP down), short duration on Restrain Enthusiasm and Crown of Frost with a cast cap on the SL root that provides enough time for the Enforcer to get in range of the NT with their epic runspeed.

So, Mr Expert, I'm dying to hear your much deeper knowledge on the NT profession and their tools than every other NT that's responded to you.

How dare you spread lies about professions, not just NTs, in some vain attempt to get them nerfed.

Pathetic.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Going further off topic, but:

Yes, 2 professions can get 100% resist on UBT but one would imagine that those professions are supposed to resist most init debuffs
    Not really... soldiers, for example, rarely resist ubt if they are not wearing alba utils, and tbh we (docs) need em debuffed. But anyway, i just gave you possible explanation why. Also, as i already said, malp, as it is currently, is often our only way to kill people 1 vs 1.

Honestly guys, it looks like you just want docs so bad nerfed to just put em to stone age and make em easy targets possible to be killed by every single walking gimp. I can see request for heals nerf, ubt nerf, malp nerf, hp nerf, procs nerf, "everything you can think of" nerf... all over the forums.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Not really... soldiers, for example, rarely resist ubt if they are not wearing alba utils, and tbh we (docs) need em debuffed. But anyway, i just gave you possible explanation why. Also, as i already said, malp, as it is currently, is often our only way to kill people 1 vs 1.

Honestly guys, it looks like you just want docs so bad nerfed to just put em to stone age and make em easy targets possible to be killed by every single walking gimp. I can see request for heals nerf, ubt nerf, malp nerf, hp nerf, procs nerf, "everything you can think of" nerf... all over the forums.
    The reason these posts exist, is because unless you're a "lots of stuns and lots of damage" profession, or a "lots of init debuffs, stuns and respectable damage" profession, then docs aren't going to die 1vs1 (with the exception of an NT with good timing and NBS up).

Personally, I don't mind working with 1 or 2 others to drop a doc, given what a prize taking that doc out of a BS environment is and in mass PvP, no doc will survive being called because they'll be dead in heal recharge.

Effort spent = reward.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I'm gonna delete my doc.Maybe youre next thread can be begging FC to bring in NPC docs, now, are you happy?

Just so you know,my doc is the only toon I have I dont PvP on if I can help it,he does not as yet have malp and he uses pistols(no AS), but seeing as how some get soooo upset after getting killed by a prof, who knows what hurts people more than any other I'll consider this my bit of charity to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedamedic View Post
    Just so you know,my doc is the only toon I have I dont PvP on if I can help it,he does not as yet have malp and he uses pistols(no AS), but seeing as how some get soooo upset after getting killed by a prof, who knows what hurts people more than any other I'll consider this my bit of charity to you.
    Posts like this won't help your cause much. Instead point out why you shouldn't be nerfed.

Personally I think docs are pretty balanced, even with Malpractice. At worst the only thing Malp needs is -possibly- an added 5 or 10% to the NR check. It's already pretty hungry on nano.

Don't lose heart. Some of us actually know what is fair and what is balanced. All professions get trolled, even the ones that really need some help like Keepers. Don't give up so easily.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Basic math 101:

yesterday, I asked an acquaintance and after inspecting his equipment, he was indeed in full pvp setup with 2937 MC.
    the nanos have 90% def check

2937 * 0.90 = 2643.3
    but this is the bare MINIMUM.
    factor in the other game mechanics and over 3.3k NR is required to provide a 50% chance of resistance. (which I'd say is a fair chance)

3.3k NR isn't obtainable by any profession without the help of NR2/3 perks which nerf the heck out of your buffing abilities.

so as it stands, NT has no opposition when it comes to their offensive capabilities.

If you want to find out how much NR is equivalent to his attack skill on 2937 MC with a 90 % check on nuke, the "basic math" is 2937 (MC) / 0.9 (90 % def) = 3 263,33

so having 3263,33 NR = his 90 % def check nuke with a MC skill of 2937

Enforcers with new rage up, and rage proc gets 4k+ NR without any NR1/2/3

the proc isnt reliable tho.
    so usually en enf runs around with about 3200 NR.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    If you want to find out how much NR is equivalent to his attack skill on 2937 MC with a 90 % check on nuke, the "basic math" is 2937 (MC) / 0.9 (90 % def) = 3 263,33

so having 3263,33 NR = his 90 % def check nuke with a MC skill of 2937

Enforcers with new rage up, and rage proc gets 4k+ NR without any NR1/2/3
    And the NR of the highest NR prof in game is relevant to balance of a def check why?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    And the NR of the highest NR prof in game is relevant to balance of a def check why?
    Well to be fair he is taking a complete lie (2900+ MC) as the comparison. Best to compare that to the highest NR prof in that case. Most PvP setup NTs run with ~2400-2600 MC depending on buffs and whether they're NR perked or not.

Counters happen and they happen often in PvP if CB isn't used as the opener.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12