Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 30th, 2009: Ramble v2.0

A lot of information to take in but so far things do look interesting, in a good way. I think. Hard to say! So much information!

Nice that you upped min damage on "draw blood".
    Veteran of Equilibrium

This sounds promising, I find myself at risk of coming down with a virulent case of optimism.
    GUPH only knows if it's contagious...
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Hmm saw the nerf to pistol mastery coming, but we're back to where only crats and adventurers can land them now...

Best wishes to Means & family for a swift recovery

Thanks for the info Kintaii

P.S. This:

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Personally I love the concept of profession perk lines shaping the focus of a character rather than exclusively providing more general boosts. I can't wait to see how it is implemented.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Funcom employee

By executive order of His Royal Meansness, looks like The Harvester and his extended family of Pumpkinheads will be sticking around for another week! That means you guys have this weekend and the next to get all your goodness farmed up. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

So, to coincide with the up and coming Grenade Perk changes, your actually making Grenade weapons viable in BOTH PvP AND PvM?

If so.

SHWEET

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    If my engineer is ever forced (or heavily incentivized, it's the same) to go grenade, I quit.
    *cracks whip*

Back under your bridge in the Engy forums! Be gone!
    Last edited by Raggeh; Oct 30th, 2009 at 18:22:42.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    By executive order of His Royal Meansness, looks like The Harvester and his extended family of Pumpkinheads will be sticking around for another week! That means you guys have this weekend and the next to get all your goodness farmed up. =D
    Noooo! I was really looking forward to not farming UPH all day. But now I have to, because, like, he's only here for a limited time ...

Must. Farm. Chapmans. Until. Eyes. Bleed ...

Damn you!

Halloween is the new christmas!

Nice that these things lasts a while in MMO's as average people aren't always able to be online when something special happens, and it would be a shame for people to miss out on special things that only happens once a year.

So that's good. Less pressure on me as well now then
    Which gives me more time to discover and have fun with those things rather than feeling like I have to set aside time to camp for short-lasting events and such.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Is that really 200 static AR on Reaver?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Oh, thank gods you finally gonna make advies more appealing. I was already afraid that the class was about to perish.

Anyways, what about MPs?

Are we gonna get some serious focus on nano-based damage as well? It would be nice to see a better nuke then that tl5 one we have today. Even with that new 200% nano dmg from Trance perk line (5 sec duration, LOL!?), the damage will be laughable.

Also, it's nice to see Ranger perkline getting opened up to level 10 for all who could use it, but with current def checks, perks will still be pretty worthless at PvP.

Trance looks nice, but where the hell we gonna get perk points for it? We already have to train perk lines that use 10 full perk points, if they are about to be useful (uh, now I see why all the SD whines, if it's worth training or not).

IMO, Starfall and Nano Doctorate could use combining into one perk line, or reduction from 10 perk points into 5, or at least 7-8 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Is that really 200 static AR on Reaver?
    Isn't it there on most things, i.e. pistol mastery, edged mastery, blunt, ranged energy etc etc as well? Seems like defenses are getting nerfed and interesting twink options opened up a bit more... Edit: wtf was I smoking, there's 200 already on most.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Oct 30th, 2009 at 19:30:20.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Going to give a good read to this and comment later. Nice to see some perk lines combined. Any chance of doing combinations/perkline number reductions and usability extensions/multipurpose concept to Keepers who are sadly at the bottom of the pile still to this day.

Edit 1:

Code:
    Keeper
    Aura of Revival
    Levels when perks are gained: 10, 30, 50, 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 200, 206
    Available for: Keepers: 1 -10
    Aura of Revival -> Player level: 10+ -> (1)
    Range: Passive Team
    Aura
    Aura of Revival 1: Health 35 .. 35, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 2: Health 86 .. 86, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 3: Health 124 .. 124, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 4: Health 168 .. 168, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 5: Health 192 .. 192, every 8 seconds
    Aura of Revival 6: Health 223 .. 223, every 8 seconds
    Aura of Revival 7: Health 239 .. 239, every 8 seconds
    Aura of Revival 8: Health 266 .. 266, every 7 seconds
    Aura of Revival 9: Health 335 .. 335, every 7 seconds
    Aura of Revival 10: Health 404 .. 404, every 6 seconds
    Revive-> Player level: 206+ -> (10)
    Range: 8m (Target) Aura of Revival 10: Health +20% Attack:
    1 second
    Recharge:
    Always: 120s
    Any word on the bold prints meaning?
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Oct 30th, 2009 at 18:54:18.

Quite the contrary.

2he gets 200 free AR, 1he gets 100.

The 2 big-hitter perk from 1he line is moved to 90% check, while PM is back to 100%.

I guess ppl will go back to their old ways of whining about melee advs instead ranged
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Going to give a good read to this and comment later. Nice to see some perk lines combined. Any chance of doing combinations/perkline number reductions and usability extensions/multipurpose concept to Keepers who are sadly at the bottom of the pile still to this day.

Edit 1:

Code:
    Keeper
    Aura of Revival
    Levels when perks are gained: 10, 30, 50, 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 200, 206
    Available for: Keepers: 1 -10
    Aura of Revival -> Player level: 10+ -> (1)
    Range: Passive Team
    Aura
    Aura of Revival 1: Health 35 .. 35, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 2: Health 86 .. 86, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 3: Health 124 .. 124, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 4: Health 168 .. 168, every 9 seconds
    Aura of Revival 5: Health 192 .. 192, every 8 seconds
    Aura of Revival 6: Health 223 .. 223, every 8 seconds
    Aura of Revival 7: Health 239 .. 239, every 8 seconds
    Aura of Revival 8: Health 266 .. 266, every 7 seconds
    Aura of Revival 9: Health 335 .. 335, every 7 seconds
    Aura of Revival 10: Health 404 .. 404, every 6 seconds
    Revive-> Player level: 206+ -> (10)
    Range: 8m (Target) Aura of Revival 10: Health +20% Attack:
    1 second
    Recharge:
    Always: 120s
    Any word on the bold prints meaning?
    To me that looks like a special for Level 10 AoR that restores 20% of the Targets HP.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

It seems there has been changes to the keeper blessing line, but nothing has changed that will help in the areas that need help.

The scaling on it is goofed up. The amount of healing a keeper can actually get out of CT and lay on hands needs to go up in TL4-5, and stay approximately what it is for TL7.

Can the scaling be adjusted please?

Also, whatever happened to the bureaucrat line is exactly what all of us keepers have been asking for... Please look into condensing blessing and HM / or amalgamating HM and blessing in some way.

The capacity for healing is so disjointed that it's unbelievable. at TL5 nanos can be spammed that do MORE healing than Lay on hands, which is only available every 30 seconds! an Advy who has better defences and better offences can CHAIN cast moonbeam which heals more than lay on hands.... CT needs to make up for this, or something, but, it's not working right now.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 30th, 2009 at 19:03:13.

[*]Nanotechnicians will see radical changes to their nuke lines, particularly focused on nanos introduced with/post-Shadowlands. Currently their perk lines have seen very few changes in the available documentation - This will change based on the final decisions made for the profession's nano-based toolset.
    Ah, NTs are getting another complete make-up, good. I hope the powers that be know we ain't ready to take another 4 years of crap after that pretty good LE interlude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    [*]For Bureaucrats, we will be merging the "Directorship" and "Insurance Agent" perk lines into a single, ten-point line. Replacing this will be an additional eight-point line named "Autocracy", designed to focus on nano-based damage.
    Tell Means that if that new perkline is gonna give more %nanodamage increase than the END perkline, he will see a angry mob of NTs camping right on his doorstep.

Oh, and while you're at it, remind him that 110% resist to anything is a complete screw up, thx

I like new Starfall perkline though.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    To me that looks like a special for Level 10 AoR that restores 20% of the Targets HP.
    Yeah but from alive or dead status? Keepers should get a rez along with doctors and advs and Engi (in a weird way).

Keepers get an AOE Rez that grants 50% of the keepers HP as healing after rez but sacrifices 50% of the Keepers life out of combat or a single target rez. Advs should get a single target combat rez and docs a AOE non combat rez to full life and a single target combat rez to 50% HP. Engineers should just be able to create a save/reclaim terminal with a lock out timer that defaults to previous saved location if used again within the timer.

Or something similar. Make the rez restore buffs and have no rez sickness the reclaim terminal half the death sickness timer.
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Oct 30th, 2009 at 19:06:37.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    This is correct. The special will heal 20% of a target's maximum HP when used.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

mail system on testlive! gogogogo!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Yeah but from alive or dead status? Keepers should get a rez along with doctors and advs.
    I would assume Alive as there is no 'Dead' status like in WoW. You die and then you rez, you don't have the choice to stay dead :P
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast