Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 30th, 2009: Ramble v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rewo View Post
    Easy on the emo there guy. Perk rework isn't going to be the beginning and end of changes and you know it. "We've still got Research, Nanos, Weaponry, Items... "

You're usually a little brighter than this.

But is it really emo? Maybe it is or just maybe I'm fed up with FunCom not doing anything about agents static defence, from todays FWoM it becomes clear that FunCom wants to enable to create distinct defensive or offensive setups.

That's a great idea and I mean that, but when agents have a dodgy defence curently, that will be even more dodgy with a heal nerf, and FunCom's stance of avoiding the question at any cost.. you can't really blame me for being pissed and that's putting it lightly.

Do NTs and advs -really- need more attention right now?

MAs, keepers, agents do need attention.

I don't play my MA because it's a joke in any form of mass PvP, I don't have a keeper past level 150, but they aint really running down your door now are they? and agents? As I said FunCom has blatently ignored this class, the discontinuation of false professions without a propper substitute direction killed it.

And seriously advs and NTs getting more stuff fixed, are you bloody kidding me?
    It's like a group of posh spoiled kids armed to the teeth with Rambo training..
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Regarding the SMG Mastery group perk I hope those are typo's regarding the SMG 1000: damage

Jarring Burst  Player level: 100+  (5)
    Attack:
    SMG: 100%
    Defense:
    Dodge ranged: 100%
    Range: 25 m
    Wielded weapons: Submachine Gun
    SMG Skill 0001: Damage: -388..-777
    SMG Skill 1000: Damage: -777..- 554
    SMG Skill 2000: Damage: -1808..-3805
    SMG Skill 3000: Damage: -2578..-5730
    Jarring Burst: Stun
     2 seconds (pvp & pvm)
    Attack:
    2 seconds
    Recharge:
    On Hit: 55s
    On Miss: 27s
    Solid Slug  Player level: 160+  (7)
    Attack:
    SMG: 100%
    Defense:
    Dodge ranged: 90%
    Range: 25 m
    Wielded weapons: Submachine Gun
    Must have Reinforce Slugs running.
    SMG Skill 0001: Damage: -1157..-2314
    SMG Skill 1000: Damage: -2314..-554
    SMG Skill 2000: Damage: -3543..-7460
    SMG Skill 3000: Damage: -4363..-9696
    Attack:
    2 seconds
    Recharge:
    On Hit: 60s

And thanks for making it work without reinforce slugs running
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Martial Artists will see the largest amount of changes taking place within their nano lines and Martial Arts attacks. They will also, most likely, be one of the professions to see the largest benefit from the incoming Parry & Riposte additions

ooh! Is this hope I see? omgz

why laser paint target has -400 dodge debuff? at level 30 it's 100% crit to everyone else than fixers. that will unbalance tl2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    • Adventurers in particular will see large adjustments to their morph nano lines, attempting to seperate the lines and give them unique functionality which makes them more appealing within certain situations. This will also be reflected through their perk lines as our nano-change documentation becomes more finalized.
    • Grenades are an interesting topic, in that they are obviously a weapon line which has not received much support over the years. It is our hope to revitalize the weapon line - While weapons of this type will be available to all professions if they so choose, the revamp of the weaponry will feature its largest focus on Engineers. Much like other neglected areas we are looking to alter, this will be a very radical, "ground up" revamp.
    • Nanotechnicians will see radical changes to their nuke lines, particularly focused on nanos introduced with/post-Shadowlands. Currently their perk lines have seen very few changes in the available documentation - This will change based on the final decisions made for the profession's nano-based toolset.
    • Martial Artists will see the largest amount of changes taking place within their nano lines and Martial Arts attacks. They will also, most likely, be one of the professions to see the largest benefit from the incoming Parry & Riposte additions.
    • Shades will see a large portion of changes taking place in the rebalancing of their itemization. In line with our desire to see Shades as a faster-paced class, Hecatomb has had its duration returned to 1 second, keeping in line with the rest of the perk specials
    I have to admit, this has left me feeling very worried about the future of Agents, not only is our primary forms of offence getting reduced, Aimed Shot being Able to Miss, some perks being changed away from our highest attack skill, Agents are also going to be suffering a decrease in defence, particularly at TL 7, where our only viable defence, Mimic Doctor, is slated to suffer from a heal nerf.

So overall Agents offence is going to vanish, even if the Agent goes Pure AR, which still won't be as good as other professions, Agent defence is getting decreased, and Agents have been screaming that both their Attack Rating and their defence (Particularly Passive) needs significant improvements. Yet Agents seem to be getting mostly ignored.

I've been taking a wait and see approach so far since many of the changes needed to be made and we haven't seen all the changes, but everything seen so far spells disaster for the Agent profession and there's no mention in the bigger picture of any compensation for what Agents will be loosing.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Murskaink2 View Post
    why laser paint target has -400 dodge debuff? at level 30 it's 100% crit to everyone else than fixers. that will unbalance tl2.
    It has always debuffed -400 as far as I know. The only thing that will change is the duration of that debuff, which I think is getting shorter.

So if anything the changes would make it less powerful than it is now, not more.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    It has always debuffed -400 as far as I know. The only thing that will change is the duration of that debuff, which I think is getting shorter.

So if anything the changes would make it less powerful than it is now, not more.
    It was -100 debuff. Triangulate was -400 (which is now removed), but it was not available that early.

The best way would be to scale it with level, or something.

So, are we ever going to see some quality content along the lines of ToTW that's open to everyone, or will the rest of this game's future be locked into (seemingly futile) pvp changes that only certain members of the playerbase care about?

The reason I'm asking this... is we see changes to PvP related things constantly, but we rarely get anything new that actually useful for the average player, especially newer ones. A few well designed dungeons would go a lot farther for the playerbase than endless pvp changes, I think.

(And if I see another bland, tasteless canyon... I swear to god...)
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    It was -100 debuff. Triangulate was -400 (which is now removed), but it was not available that early.

The best way would be to scale it with level, or something.
    Ah yes, I see it now.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Spoken by someone who have never played a melee toon at end game....
    Am I right?
    No, you are wrong.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    So, are we ever going to see some quality content along the lines of ToTW that's open to everyone, or will the rest of this game's future be locked into (seemingly futile) pvp changes that only certain members of the playerbase care about?

The reason I'm asking this... is we see changes to PvP related things constantly, but we rarely get anything new that actually useful for the average player, especially newer ones. A few well designed dungeons would go a lot farther for the playerbase than endless pvp changes, I think.

(And if I see another bland, tasteless canyon... I swear to god...)
    PvM content have indeed been very slab-dash and bland these last few years.

No new design. No original and interesting loot or things to do.

To be perfectly honest, it sometimes feels like FC staff these days are made up of people who are given a box full of legos and dolls and that they only find so many ways to entertain us with those few things. Nothing new is introduced.

It's either gray canyons with static quests and NO interesting loot or it's various variations of BLUE-GREEN-YELLOW-RED-gameplay "challenges", like this was kindergarten and we were learning about the primary colors or something.

I also want new interesting areas like a higher level ToTW'ish area where there are various bosses and good XP and interesting, original and useful loot. You know, weapons and armor that isn't just copy paste of old weapons and old armors with 15% better stats on them. This new area would of course look and feel nothing like ToTW because copy pasting one dungeon to create another is just bad.

Where's the creative drive? Feels like it was lost when the older staff of AO had left. Now we're left with mostly just rehashes and remixes of those old classic "songs".

I don't want "game maintainers". I want "game designers"!

I guess it's just a lack of people working at FC atm. Not enough time to spend on creating something new and fresh and interesting I guess

The only addition to this game that seemed like a proper attempt was Arid but they had a bit of "that will do" attitude with that area as well because there's no loot and one area looks exactly like the next. So bland and boring. It just ended up feeling like a storage area where people can go kill 10.000 rats for 1 xp a pop until they reach 10k xp woot!

/rant off
    Veteran of Equilibrium

By executive order of His Royal Meansness, looks like The Harvester and his extended family of Pumpkinheads will be sticking around for another week! That means you guys have this weekend and the next to get all your goodness farmed up. =D
    ALL HAIL MACR... wait... that's not right...

This MEANS more pumpkin pie!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Unfortunately this isn't doable with current game state/mechanics, and definitely not in the way you outline a potential implementation. :\ It's something that would be very awesome, I agree, but just not workable at this time due to the basic way our game handles characters, death and so on. But hey, still not a bad idea, and if we ever get the time it may be something we can look into down the road. =)
    i assume that a characters death triggers a death method of some sort playHasDied(playerId) or something? that deals with what happens when a player hits 0.

if you were to move all the current code for that(for players only and not mobs!) into a new sub method. have the old death method instead leave you in control as a corpse but imobile and unable to do anything(a simple workaround would be a hostile nano that stuns and locks all skills). spawn a window prompting for a warp to reclaim and leave them in this state for 10min before sending them to the reclaim.

this would allow for rez abilities all the rez would have to do is warp the player to the rezer and set hp.

no idea how the code for ao is put together but it doesn't look like an impossible project ^^ just one that will take some work

Is it possible to have the Martial Artist perk special Red Dawn from the Xuyun perk line be based off of the players attack modifier as opposed to the martial arts skill. The change to the Red Dusk perk makes this line useful for bow MAs as well but if the heal is based off of MA skill then we still need to raise it anyway so the change becomes sort of a moot point.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

are there going to be anymore fundamental changes that we are unaware of? Such as ACs being useful again? Nano delta decrease? Pet Melee range increase? Pet pathing? Had to throw in that last one because you did say nothing was off the table...
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Spirit Phylactery has gone from terrible.....

Code:
    Capture Vigor Target:
    Offense modifier: -52, Defense modifier: -54
    15 seconds pvp / 60 seconds pvm
    TO WORSE.

Listen to Shades, FunCom; they've been asking for IMPROVEMENTS to Spirit Phylactery, not nerfs. Keep the 15 second PVP change if you have to but PLEASE reduce the EvadeClose Defense check on all of them.
    Agreed.

What is the reasoning behind this change ? Is there anything that is coming to offset this huge NERF ?

Against a fair few high AR proffessions, this perk line is used as a way of increasing the defense rating of the shade (by lowering the attack rating of the opponent by a lot and increasing the shade's AAD by a bit). By having that disappear for 10 seconds or more regularly during a fight is a huge loss of defense.

Instead of a rez, give docs (team) and keepers (Single) Rez Shock removers.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

and player voted week long forum bans (bye klod)
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

From their names and natures, shade is the only profession I'd expect to be capable of dealing with blinds.

Is there any chance blind resistance could be worked into one of their perklines, and a massive damage bonus vs blinded targets?

Shades should be like the grue from the old Zork games. If it's light, you're OK, but if you attempt moving anywhere in the dark they should eat you.

SO.. when are you guys going to come out and state the truth that the "Still Alive" video wasnt rendered in a prototype of the new Game Engine?

Because what you showed us today using the AoC Engine is aweful compaired with what you had quite sometime, and 2 engines, ago.

You know.. Star Flares on the water. Actual Water Poly Deformation. Grass. An actual SKY. Shadows that looked correct. Normal Maps that Looked correct and not overblown like the current versions. Specular highlighting. A working Lighting system that wasnt on "fullbright".

Just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast