Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 30th, 2009: Ramble v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    You're either going to wait for the engine to be done, or quit. So pick one and do it without whining every two days about it.
    And a good number have. Your attitude is foolish, if FC had the same attitude they would go out of buisness. AO is a buisness. Your goal in any Buisness is to MAKE MONEY, and as MUCH AS YOU CAN.

Strining people along for a ride about something that will never come.. is defintly a possibility.

After all there will be no camping in Shadow Lands...
    Most people will only wear one or two pieces of Alien Armor....

Also, enough with the god forsaken nodrops already. The OE concept of the game was very good, with almost everything rollable or available through some drop-able means. Having a "few" elite items that are nodrop is all good and dandy. Saying people will sell them is irrelevant because.. people already sell lootrights to nodrops hense making the no-drop tags prevention of farming for sale.. pointless.

No-drop is bad. bad bad bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    People have given FC the benefit of the doubt for almost a year and half now. We've been patient only to be given in turn glimpses which do not bode well nor meet commonly held expectations. Another small game company, CCP, took 2 years from start to finish updating the entire world of Eve Online with dx9 textures and lighting etc etc. It's been nearly 2 years since FC publicly announced their engine update and we still do not even have promising IG screenshots or video.

Just think for moment what you're saying Ayria. You're telling people to stand by and continue giving the benefit of the doubt even though this company's poor long-term planning has resulted in AO not having a new engine currently, nor even having a healthy playerbase, nor even having a balanced PvP setting, nor even having profs each having a substantial role in PvM. Trust is earned, until FC earns it telling people to trust them regardless of past actions...stop prostrating to the FC shrine already..
    i dont recall Eve being even half as old as AO.

you honestly, can not in any way, compare two mmo game engines when it comes to how long it takes to replace, upgrade, or rewrite. theres just too many variables.

i know its been expressed to me, person to person, by some of the people at funcom, that yes, they made a mistake by announcing the engine so early on. but their own excitement got the better of them, oddly, they appear to only be human.

and for all the buggy things FC has released upon to us in the past, all the incomplete Expansions, Boosters, and other features, you'd think they'd get some praise, or even a shred of respect for the fact this time, when it counts the most of anything, they're holding back until they have something that wont break everyone's install of AO.

sure, means could give us some sort of "what they're doing right now". though i doubt he wants to know the gory details (i know he doesnt come across as a person who wants to know all the technical points of interest), but then we'd still have people who think they know better saying "They're doing it wrong!".

FC's best stance for the time being, until they have a player-usable demo, is to just stay silent. let people forget it was ever even mentioned. and when its finally ready, it'll become almost like an unexpected surprise.

then again, alot of us play the game for the game, not some pretty pictures and animations. we still have imaginations that can fill-in the gaps. and really, the only thing the new graphics might do, is to help pull in more of the younger generations who grew up on sparklie do-it-for-you visualizations.

course, the good thing is, its a totally seperate team thats working on the engine. and they're not interfering with the other devs ability to add new content and features to the existing game (such as the new mail system). so its not like we're losing anything here.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    YES, I am.
    ever take systems analysis/design course? if so think back on it and it might answer your questions and issues

ORLY? Actually we can, based on development speeds in general in the industry over the years. Individual snags will vary, but thats the teams job to solve not mine. I care about the end result really, I accept that they have snags. They admitted as much over the years.
    oh and whats the industry standard for implementing a new engine into an existing game with a small team(i think ao has <10 people on it still cant be sure though), big games in indstry have huge teams, this allows things to be done faster, new games have huuge budgets thats why they are quick to develop

What baffles me is why the game documentation was not maintained properly over the years enough t that people would actually know how pets and pathing worked as well as a myrad of other things the team has "rediscovered". Having to "rediscover" how you code base works is bad.
    it's bad code, as a coder you should have huge amounts of respect for the tiny team and fc doing what they are doing with ao, not be complaining,

I should know I have done some work in the past that involved the kinds of dirty hacks and workarrounds that FC seems to have used alot in AO, invariably I ended up not even being able to figgure out WHAT THE HELL I DID. Did they work? Yes. Could I maintain the code? Nope.
    so you are saying you suck at coding?

1: code is not documented right often for several reasons, hell good code generally doesnt need much documentation at all it explains itself, most for good code is whatever your employer wants(which you maintain with your code, change logs and legal comments, the first being useless alot.

2: the game was launched too early it didnt get tested nearly enough, this ment banaid fixes to keep the servers up because downtime is lost customers, quickfixes are the cheapest short term way to deal.

3: documenting band aid fixes and workarounds will let you remember them, they may suck but you can always come back and fix it later

conclusion: means and his team are doing a great job with the tools available, not only are they dealing with bad, poorly documented code but they can work with it and implement new features that we would never have even dreamed of a couple years ago when sil was around.

Didnt want to quote the whole thing because I don't need to pick at it.

Yes, thinking back I quite understand your point. I just can't give FC anymore rope than I already have.

Team Size as a problem was something I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. It is a core problem actually. There is no real standard, unofficial even, looking back for a dev team this damn small. That they have done so much backend work (everything concerning code base problems rather than the engine and its visuals) its actually quite amazing to be exact. I think I mentioned this in an earlier post as well.

No I don't suck at coding. I am quite good and as with FC and AO. The case I mentioned forced me to release under the wire, that I managed to make it work at all in the time I had with solving the remaining issues was quite extraordinary. So was the fact that they were able to patch AO into a working, although wonky system. They are paying for it now by having a game that needed some really indepth surgery to put it into shape to allow for the integration of a new render engine with all the delays and angry posts like mine.

As for a previous post above yours Tweeek. Its not really fair to compair AO to CCP. CCP just on its EvE Online team dwarfs Funcom as a company. Last count was well over 200 dedicated developers, this does not include the Dust 514 Team. Which however does go back to the point at hand. AO's team IS TO SMALL for the job at hand. CCP can afford a large team because it has a player sub base that dwarfs AOs. If AO had a large sub base, it too would probably have a large team that cranked out huge work. Also I though CCPs Engine updates included DX10 Shaders as well.

If anything the time to deliver on the updates (CCPs constant 1 year cycle for major, game overhauls) shows that: BIG TEAM == BIG RESULTS. While SMALL TEAM == SMALL RESULTS and DELAYS. For its size, the AO team has done alot. The issue has never been, have they done alot for their size. It is.. have they done enough for what the game needs. Two seperate Metrics.

Relative to their Size the AO Team are Miracle Workers.
    Relative to the overall need the AO Team is underpowered.
    In Testing and QA the AO Team has consitantly FAILED UTTERLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Think for a moment yourselves. If you hate Funcom so much for their delays and poor management why the **** are you still here? To troll the forums like some school yard bully? Or because you have some hope and trust left in Funcom that they can pull through?

I'm not prostrating to Funcom, I'm simply not acting like I abhor them for their short comings while sticking around and making a hypocrite of myself like you guys are. If you think the new engine is taking to long, if you think it's vaporware if you're "professional" opinion as a programmer says that it should be done by now and you're ticked off because it isn't why not just go? Why stick around and complain more and more and more and more and more? Do you think your voice alone is going to light a fire under Funcom or open some temporal rift where the AO code from the future will drift through and complete the engine in the next two days?

You're either going to wait for the engine to be done, or quit. So pick one and do it without whining every two days about it.
    It's about hoping they'll step up and actually do what's needed in a timely manner...devote more resources, make realistic and thorough long-term plans etc etc...In other words, we complain and denounce their current efforts in the hopes they'll change so their future efforts will meet the expectations commonly held, and upheld, throughout the gaming industry....Telling someone to hurry the f*ck up and get it done already is a far cry from complaining it's taking too long.

If anything these complaints are voiced due to FC's failures in planning a proper course of action. The players are more then happy waiting for the difficulties in implementing a dx9 engine for AO to be resolved. What we're upset about is that the way in which they've attempted to resolve these issues has been done poorly and far below the standard expected in the gaming industry. People are now expressing this discontent because they've been patient and this patience has seen little reward. We're also still willing to give FC a chance to save face and produce something substantial.

But indeed, why stick around and complain more and more? It's obvious FC has been doing such a stellar job deving AO. They're doing the best they can and that should be enough! To hell with having expectations and voicing them!!!
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Can we have this discussion with fewer mentions of whining, crying, cursing, and starred out words? Thanks so much. Valid points are being made on both sides. Calling the other side names just invalidates your own.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

More reasons to figure out a way for players to vote people off the forums for a week.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    that yes, they made a mistake by announcing the engine so early on.
    7 years after launch is early in announcing an engine update? Eve had their engine released...what..like 4 years after their initial launch?

Maybe if people stopped lowering their expectations concerning FC we wouldn't be arguing over whether or not our expectations are fair...

Maybe if people stopped lowering their expectations concerning FC
    Maybe if people stopped comparing Funcom to companies three times larger...

You want them to devote more resources, they need more resources first. Wipe out that checkbook and jot them down for a few hundred thousand will ya?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Maybe if people stopped comparing Funcom to companies three times larger...

You want them to devote more resources, they need more resources first. Wipe out that checkbook and jot them down for a few hundred thousand will ya?
    If you wish AO to succeed then it must be able to meet, and in instances exceed, the expectations maintained by competing products made by "companies three times larger". This is most especially true seeing that there are games to be released which will be in direct competition with AO. No amount of /care from players in understanding the dev process and problems involved will change that AO needs to improve in a timely fashion in order to survive the coming onslaught of Sci-fi mmo's.

Since you wished to mention financial contributions to AO I will respond in kind. I could get FC a good amount of revenue as could many other players. However doing so is contingent upon the game receiving polish and meeting these expectations held by most gamers. You see, we can't get our friends to actually stay inside AO because of these problems, so ya....I'm willing, but FC needs to step up to fill the gap preventing us from helping them..

Since you wished to mention financial contributions to AO I will respond in kind. I could get FC a good amount of revenue as could many other players. However doing so is contingent upon the game receiving polish and meeting these expectations held by most gamers. You see, we can't get our friends to actually stay inside AO because of these problems, so ya....I'm willing, but FC needs to step up to fill the gap preventing us from helping them..
    Presentation dictates reception.

I was just on newb island today showing a friend AO, he's never played it before and he didn't even know how to talk to the NPCs. Do you think he got any answer when asking on OOC? Of course not. In the hours there the only chat I saw (despite seeing a bunch of people on the island) was credit spam. He came to me to ask these questions and I helped him, now Funcom has themselves a new customer, just like that.

The community needs to change as much as the game itself does. Very few people want to join a game where they'll get insulted if they dare make a suggestion on the forums or point out their opinion on a heated topic. How many newcomers has this forum driven off by lashing out at them? How many people have made one post, got flamed, and quit? Is that Funcom's doing? Is that the game lacking luster?

Or is it us?

I believe the onus for this game falling apart is not all on Funcom's shoulders.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

The community needs to change as much as the game itself does. Very few people want to join a game where they'll get insulted if they dare make a suggestion on the forums or point out their opinion on a heated topic. How many newcomers has this forum driven off by lashing out at them? How many people have made one post, got flamed, and quit? Is that Funcom's doing? Is that the game lacking luster?

Or is it us?

I believe the onus for this game falling apart is not all on Funcom's shoulders.
    QFT..

Stop busting this teams chops you all. This is not the Dev Team you are looking for. Move along. If you are pissed about how things are in AO atm, please go to AoC or TSW's forums and bitch about it there where the Dev's responsible for leaving AO in the state it is for this stellar team to fix are, thanks.

Some days it feels like I am fighting a one man war of speaking up for a non vocal majority and infractions aside feel pleased so far as I have received numerous thank you IM's from players for speaking up so they do not have to as they wish to remain out of the "mosh pit" that is the forums.

Edit: You are creating a self fulfilling prophecy with each negative post you make on the forums scaring away potential new users. When I look at a new game first I examine the website then I go browse the forums. If there are no forums, I will probably never even try the game. If the forums are filled with pissed off players bitching about crap I move on and don't even think twice about the game in most instances. Every time "you" post negative unhelpful whiney bitchy cry baby nonsense you do more to harm your own gaming experience by chasing away potential players and $$ for FC. Can't we as a community kind of take a step back and breathe in and out and let some of the venom seep from our veins so that we can all be one giant gaming family / community again? If we were all suddenly and magically warped to Dragoncon, people you fight with each day I bet you would sit down have a beer with and have a pleasant chat with about the state of things and your ideals, but, the anonymity of the interwebs and the animosity we don't get to channel out in our daily lives being focused out here needs to stop.

Really have any of you all worked for a company where lots of employees changed positions and new hirings were made because a large portion of the former people in those positions all got moved to a new project? Have you ever dealt with that kind of chaos? Have you ever been left with poorly documented work processes more complex than pushing 10 buttons to accomplish a daily task? This team does NOT deserve your chastisement.

Let me make a suggestion for you. If you are upset about the current state of AO as left by Mean's teams predecessors, then please write an email to Funcom "Corporate", in which you state that you are upset by the buggy code and broken promises of the parent corporation and former employees of AO (eg, if someones doing something wrong they should not be working on AoC or TSW ie new flagship products, they should be properly sent to some training seminars or let go.) and remember to include the fact that you appreciate all the hard work that the current under funded & under manned but dynamite team we have on AO now and to please give them more money to hire more people to speed along development so we can all enjoy bringing in all our friends for a glorious second age for AO.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 08:30:06.

Not entirely. Yet, the majority of issues new players face are problems which are caused as a result of the game not functioning as it should. This dysfunction is entirely on the shoulders of FC. It's their job to dev the game into a state where it can be presented and perused by players in a functional and enjoyable state. There are even suggestions on these forums to fix many of the problems which are caused by both FC and players which could be easily implemented, yet have not been.

My expectations for the dev team are not even all that high or unrealistic. I just want some better rendered water, decent shadows and lighting, and gpus to actually be used. I'm not asking for HDR, new high res textures, (insert standard engine feature for modern titles of which AoC had the 'resources' devoted to implement). I'd like for profs to each be wanted in PvM. Something which shouldn't even need to be asked for yet, it needs to be because FC has failed to meet this quite basic standard of proper game function.

AO's slowly deteriorated and lost playerbase over the course of the releases of other games. As AO currently is I do not believe it will survive the upcoming titles which will be in direct competition with it w/o first solving the issues holding it back and gaining playerbase as a buffer.

I do not believe I would be alone or even uncommon in the feeling that there's no way I'd be spending my time inside an mmo with a low playerbase and many problematic issues when I could be spending hours checking out, and possibly enjoying, Earthrise or any of the other sci-fi mmo's soon to be released.

Not entirely. Yet, the majority of issues new players face are problems which are caused as a result of the game not functioning as it should. This dysfunction is entirely on the shoulders of FC. It's their job to dev the game into a state where it can be presented and perused by players in a functional and enjoyable state. There are even suggestions on these forums to fix many of the problems which are caused by both FC and players which could be easily implemented, yet have not been.

My expectations for the dev team are not even all that high or unrealistic. I just want some better rendered water, decent shadows and lighting, and gpus to actually be used. I'm not asking for HDR, new high res textures, (insert standard engine feature for modern titles of which AoC had the 'resources' devoted to implement). I'd like for profs to each be wanted in PvM. Something which shouldn't even need to be asked for yet, it needs to be because FC has failed to meet this quite basic standard of proper game function.
    Yes caused by "Employees of Funcom", however, "Not THESE Employees of Funcom". Please read the end of my last post for a further response I don't want to double quote myself so closely together. How would you feel if every day you came to work to get bitched at by customers about things you didn't do wrong yourself none of the people you work with did wrong or had no say so at the time and were forced to do it wrong and are diligently trying your best to fix? Would it inspire you to come to work today? Would it inspire you to do your best job possible? Would it make you want to participate in the forum discussions? I just wish you all could understand you are crucifying the wrong people for the wrong things in the wrong place. Email Funcom corporate and tell them to give This awesome team more money to hire more people to make AO better and stop bitching at them about things they didn't even do wrong! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    QFT..

Stop busting this teams chops you all. This is not the Dev Team you are looking for. Move along. If you are pissed about how things are in AO atm, please go to AoC or TSW's forums and bitch about it there where the Dev's responsible for leaving AO in the state it is for this stellar team to fix are, thanks.

Some days it feels like I am fighting a one man war of speaking up for a non vocal majority and infractions aside feel pleased so far as I have received numerous thank you IM's from players for speaking up so they do not have to as they wish to remain out of the "mosh pit" that is the forums.

Edit: You are creating a self fulfilling prophecy with each negative post you make on the forums scaring away potential new users. When I look at a new game first I examine the website then I go browse the forums. If there are no forums, I will probably never even try the game. If the forums are filled with pissed off players bitching about crap I move on and don't even think twice about the game in most instances. Every time "you" post negative unhelpful whiney bitchy cry baby nonsense you do more to harm your own gaming experience by chasing away potential players and $$ for FC. Can't we as a community kind of take a step back and breathe in and out and let some of the venom seep from our veins so that we can all be one giant gaming family / community again? If we were all suddenly and magically warped to Dragoncon, people you fight with each day I bet you would sit down have a beer with and have a pleasant chat with about the state of things and your ideals, but, the anonymity of the interwebs and the animosity we don't get to channel out in our daily lives being focused out here needs to stop.

Really have any of you all worked for a company where lots of employees changed positions and new hirings were made because a large portion of the former people in those positions all got moved to a new project? Have you ever dealt with that kind of chaos? Have you ever been left with poorly documented work processes more complex than pushing 10 buttons to accomplish a daily task? This team does NOT deserve your chastisement.

Let me make a suggestion for you. If you are upset about the current state of AO as left by Mean's teams predecessors, then please write an email to Funcom "Corporate", in which you state that you are upset by the buggy code and broken promises of the parent corporation and former employees of AO (eg, if someones doing something wrong they should not be working on AoC or TSW ie new flagship products, they should be properly sent to some training seminars or let go.) and remember to include the fact that you appreciate all the hard work that the current under funded & under manned but dynamite team we have on AO now and to please give them more money to hire more people to speed along development so we can all enjoy bringing in all our friends for a glorious second age for AO.

Thanks.

The current dev team has done a decent amount of somewhat notable things for AO. They've improved it a good deal. I was quite content in waiting for them to get to the issues I found personally most pressing.

They finally got to them, and what happened was more then disappointing. It was as if FC hadn't even read a single thread upon the subject and didn't even have a clue as to what they were doing there even though myself, and others, had been waiting and giving positive feedback upon the situation for over a year.

If this dev team was as stellar as you make them sound to be Shades would not currently be in unanimous discontent concerning this relative non-action FC is using in approaching rebalancing them. So excuse me for running out of /care after waiting over a year only to be entirely let down.

I'll praise this dev team when they earn it. Instancing a few pfs and creating 'another' tl7 grind is hardly something worth praising.
    Last edited by -XeI20-; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 09:41:14.

Yes caused by "Employees of Funcom", however, "Not THESE Employees of Funcom". Please read the end of my last post for a further response I don't want to double quote myself so closely together. How would you feel if every day you came to work to get bitched at by customers about things you didn't do wrong yourself none of the people you work with did wrong or had no say so at the time and were forced to do it wrong and are diligently trying your best to fix? Would it inspire you to come to work today? Would it inspire you to do your best job possible? Would it make you want to participate in the forum discussions? I just wish you all could understand you are crucifying the wrong people for the wrong things in the wrong place. Email Funcom corporate and tell them to give This awesome team more money to hire more people to make AO better and stop bitching at them about things they didn't even do wrong! Thanks
    I try to differentiate between "FC" and "the current dev team" when I speak. I realize they can only do so much with the resources they're allocated. However, their attempts at rebalancing Shades are a complete failure in understanding the profession and actually rebalancing it in PvP/PvM. A complete and total failure in this regard is more then enough for me to 'crucify' them on the matter.

What Shades are left are PO'd. Some that are not IG are loling at what this dev teams deemed 'rebalance'. They've failed, even their second go at it was a failure.

The current dev team has done a decent amount of somewhat notable things for AO. They've improved it a good deal. I was quite content in waiting for them to get to the issues I found personally most pressing.

They finally got to them, and what happened was more then disappointing. It was as if FC hadn't even read a single thread upon the subject and didn't even have a clue as to what they were doing there even though myself, and others, had been waiting and giving positive feedback upon the situation for over a year.

If this dev team was as stellar as you make them sound to be Shades would not currently be in unanimous discontent concerning this relative non-action FC is using in approaching rebalancing them. So excuse me for running out of /care after waiting over a year only to be entirely let down.

I'll praise this dev team when they earn it. Instancing a few pfs and creating 'another' tl7 grind is hardly something worth praising.
    Firstly, I find your changes to my quote humorous in an offensive way because it is not the truth. I said to reread the post above before continuing. You didn't listen. Anyway, this team was left a "must be done before starting anything else" list. They are just now starting on their own plans and projects. The promotion of Means to GD was not like something that happened in a relatively normal manor or a long transition from Sil to Means. It was like "Hi, here your GD now good luck btw, finish that stuff I had ya working on before moving on to anything else."

You are a shade right? Uhm, hello parry & riposte? That effects you does it not? Or are you constantly forgetting to take that in to consideration as "coming with the perk changes" effecting shades? And the most recent documentation iirc sped up one of your perks. Eg, they are doing the uncanny, fleshing out the entire plan in real time with us dedicated an entire forum to debates around it so they can isolate that discussion from the rest of the forums for review? I mean come on now. I understand really I do the frustrations you are feeling.. but you aren't helping!

You are a shade right? Uhm, hello parry & riposte? That effects you does it not? Or are you constantly forgetting to take that in to consideration as "coming with the perk changes" effecting shades? And the most recent documentation iirc sped up one of your perks. Eg, they are doing the uncanny, fleshing out the entire plan in real time with us dedicated an entire forum to debates around it so they can isolate that discussion from the rest of the forums for review? I mean come on now. I understand really I do the frustrations you are feeling.. but you aren't helping!
    Parry and Riposte do nothing to give Shades a unique contribution to PvM nor does it do anything to untroxify the prof. Neither does it address any of the other issues Shades have. To assume parry and riposte will fill this void given upon their vaguely defined, and ever changing, descriptions is quite the leap there.

"And the most recent documentation iirc sped up one of your perks."
    If you read the first document you would realize that it was not in fact sped up but placed back to it's original attack speed before they nerfed it.

To state that I am not helping when during the past I've refined ideas with needed concessions, given a good deal of viable suggestions, and even met the current failures issued by this dev team with even more suggestions, while keeping in mind that some of my ideas were adopted in a fashion by the current dev team I find to be an unfair assessment.

Firstly, I find your changes to my quote humorous in an offensive way because it is not the truth
    I'll be more then happy to change this back to it's original form since you find it to severely misrepresent what you've said.

Parry and Riposte do nothing to give Shades a unique contribution to PvM nor does it do anything to untroxify the prof. Neither does it address any of the other issues Shades have. To assume parry and riposte will fill this void given upon their vaguely defined, and ever changing, descriptions is quite the leap there.

"And the most recent documentation iirc sped up one of your perks."
    If you read the first document you would realize that it was not in fact sped up but placed back to it's original attack speed before they nerfed it.

To state that I am not helping when during the past I've refined ideas with needed concessions, given a good deal of viable suggestions, and even met the current failures issued by this dev team with even more suggestions, while keeping in mind that some of my ideas were adopted in a fashion by the current dev team I find to be an unfair assessment.
    This dev team is taking player suggestions in to consideration left and right. You just need to be a little more patient. I mean think about it In game mailboxes? They are some how managing to with the size of the team be capable of adding new things as well as fixing old things as well as porting old engine code to a new engine.. I mean what do you want a miracle? I am just saying the tone of your message makes it less than constructive. If you honestly think you have a wide sweeping idea that could benefit shades to do the things you are complaining about then please create a topic specifically regarding it and post it some where I'd like to read it. I am not a troll (eg I don't simply post to post in every topic. I post where I feel I can participate in a meaningful way.) but I read quite a bit that is posted here and have not seen such a thread on the subject at all let alone by you. They are jump starting the professionals program which by definition alone would suggest that a direct player-professional-funcom line of communication is starting up again that had sort of broken down in the past. This should get the professionals involved in getting the customizations to our own professions implemented more than is currently. At least we have Dev's that actually read, respond and try. Also I was referring to them speeding it up instead again of nerfing it meaning "they listened to your complaints about it and tested it and said yeah ok so they were right let's put it back".

I'll be more then happy to change this back to it's original form since you find it to severely misrepresent what you've said.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 10:43:07.

as usual aethyrguard u seem to have hit the nail on the head. some of the work the devs have been doing lately has been magnificient. parry\riposte fixes inc, new playfields, ingame mail and methods to combat spammers are a few that spring straight to mind.

personally im just interested to see how work on the engine is coming along as imo it is something a large portion of the player base is slavering after.

having said that tho i do agree that there needs to be more constructive comments posted and less complaining. it should be possible to ask for more information about any aspect of the game.

wtb forum perks that boost fire ac...
    "I detest sleep. I've got better things to do." -JTHM-

So bitter and filled with ash. I would enjoy your tears, if they didn't turn to dust at my touch.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast