Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 30th, 2009: Ramble v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by bugscot View Post
    so, are we ever going to see some quality content along the lines of totw that's open to everyone, or will the rest of this game's future be locked into (seemingly futile) pvp changes that only certain members of the playerbase care about?

The reason i'm asking this... Is we see changes to pvp related things constantly, but we rarely get anything new that actually useful for the average player, especially newer ones. A few well designed dungeons would go a lot farther for the playerbase than endless pvp changes, i think.

(and if i see another bland, tasteless canyon... I swear to god...)

well said
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

having once again reread kintaii's post id like to point out the quote below,

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I think it's really important to let you guys know that nothing here is finalized or written in stone. We're trying to keep ourselves from being locked into only making minor changes, or just slightly tweaking what's already there - Where there are major changes that need to be made, we're trying to keep ourselves open to the idea of actually making said changes. In addition, we will devotedly change and alter these perklines based on feedback - This includes alterations after the perk changes have hit live. None of us here want to lock ourselves into a situation where we feel that we can't/shouldn't be open to the idea of making additional changes down the road (which is, to an extent, what placed us in this situation in the first place). So nothing here is final, everything is malleable, and nothing - nothing - is considered untouchable. We wanna do this and do it right - Hopefully, with the help of everyone else out there, we can make some great improvements to our gameplay and systems while maintaining the exact same feeling for all the Professions.
    awesome to see such open minded development. the professionals program being up and running should help alot with letting the devs focus more on doing things like designing\revamping dungeons and other pvm content and focussing on some of the other issues raised in this thread.

i hope people with more knowledge of the forums and the game itself than me have been nominating as this is probably one of the best things that could happen in a development sense.
    "I detest sleep. I've got better things to do." -JTHM-

So bitter and filled with ash. I would enjoy your tears, if they didn't turn to dust at my touch.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    Parry and Riposte do nothing to give Shades a unique contribution to PvM nor does it do anything to untroxify the prof. Neither does it address any of the other issues Shades have. To assume parry and riposte will fill this void given upon their vaguely defined, and ever changing, descriptions is quite the leap there.

"And the most recent documentation iirc sped up one of your perks."
    If you read the first document you would realize that it was not in fact sped up but placed back to it's original attack speed before they nerfed it.

To state that I am not helping when during the past I've refined ideas with needed concessions, given a good deal of viable suggestions, and even met the current failures issued by this dev team with even more suggestions, while keeping in mind that some of my ideas were adopted in a fashion by the current dev team I find to be an unfair assessment.
    i just looked in the balance forum. and it took until page 3 to find a thread mentioning shades, and well.. it wasnt good.

it goes without saying, i dont know anything about shades. except they're usually easy to make fun of and annoy.

however, if you and other shade players could start making better constructed posts about the problems facing shades today. Giving reasonable suggestions as to how they could be improved, and especially how its beleived the perks could be improved/reworked. Without resorting to "profession X does Y so we should get Z", and maintaining a civil tone, you'd find people would be more willing to support the suggestions. even i would (assuming they're reasonable and dont diminish MPs, of course ).

one could argue, for the past several years, putting this effort forward would be a massive waste of time. however, for this limited time moment, this is the first real chance it has to make a difference.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    i just looked in the balance forum. and it took until page 3 to find a thread mentioning shades, and well.. it wasnt good.

it goes without saying, i dont know anything about shades. except they're usually easy to make fun of and annoy.

however, if you and other shade players could start making better constructed posts about the problems facing shades today. Giving reasonable suggestions as to how they could be improved, and especially how its beleived the perks could be improved/reworked. Without resorting to "profession X does Y so we should get Z", and maintaining a civil tone, you'd find people would be more willing to support the suggestions. even i would (assuming they're reasonable and dont diminish MPs, of course ).

one could argue, for the past several years, putting this effort forward would be a massive waste of time. however, for this limited time moment, this is the first real chance it has to make a difference.
    /agree especially with the bolded part.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    So, are we ever going to see some quality content along the lines of ToTW that's open to everyone, or will the rest of this game's future be locked into (seemingly futile) pvp changes that only certain members of the playerbase care about?

The reason I'm asking this... is we see changes to PvP related things constantly, but we rarely get anything new that actually useful for the average player, especially newer ones. A few well designed dungeons would go a lot farther for the playerbase than endless pvp changes, I think.

(And if I see another bland, tasteless canyon... I swear to god...)
    Best post so far Bump
    President of RAGNAROK AO

Wanna join : Apply here --> Ragnarok Recruitment

VALHALLA OR RECLAIM !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ingiss View Post
    Best post so far Bump
    How so? Dark Ruins is exactly what he is asking for and saying we haven't got in awhile yet.. we just did. I fail to see how his post is even remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    How so? Dark Ruins is exactly what he is asking for and saying we haven't got in awhile yet.. we just did. I fail to see how his post is even remotely accurate.
    Dark Ruins is not open to every one. It is mid level content and not what was asked for at all in the post you are indirectly refering too.

I have to agree that as a paying playerthe low level option suck. A froob with only Subway/TOTW for statics must be going crazy if they have leveled any number of alts.

We need content that makes life at low level fun. And I consider low levels sub 100. So it is safe and fair to ask for some content at those levels.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Dark Ruins is not open to every one. It is mid level content and not what was asked for at all in the post you are indirectly refering too.

I have to agree that as a paying playerthe low level option suck. A froob with only Subway/TOTW for statics must be going crazy if they have leveled any number of alts.

We need content that makes life at low level fun. And I consider low levels sub 100. So it is safe and fair to ask for some content at those levels.
    To me anything not TL7 is a start. It's been all TL7 focused for awhile now. I see Dark ruins as a start and that post as just a weekly chiming of the bells nothing more. Means has stated that after the completion of Dark Ruins they were working on a few things, engine, bugs n such, balance, and some new low level attention including possibly retooling the entire newbie experience. I am just saying I wouldn't go praising that post because it is both negative and demanding something that has been addressed in a FWM. I get it some people don't like PvP and are all "me me me" about stuff. However, balance effects more than just pvp, it effects pvm as well. Balancing the professions also means new tweaks to mobs who might have too much damage and so on after these tweaks are finished. I am just saying must everyone constantly remind me of Bart Simpson in the back seat of a car? "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "How about now?" "Now?" "Maybe now?" "Or now yah?"

If one is only counting Subway and TOTW for RK statics something's wrong.

In order of when they're closed off to you, you have:

Subway (lv 24)
    TOTW (lv 60)
    Foremans/Biomare (lv 100)
    Crypt of Home (lv 110)
    Inner Sanctum (Opens at 125)
    Steps of Madness (Open from 1-220)
    Smuggler's Den (Open from 1-220, surviving it lv 60-80 is suggested)

That's not counting the other smaller spots like the Cyborg Barracks, some of the open air stuff like Hollow Island, Primus Camp, etc.

For content there's already a fair bit, but more never hurts. The big hole seems to be the low TL4-TL5 area when you're too low to really be able to survive running around in IS or the outdoor areas, a sort of awkward (what the heck do I hit now) where you're probably just in the range of hitting the RK uniques like Mick 'Nugget' McMullet, or the like.

I, however, would like to see RK xp boosted in these areas at the very least, pull some of those folks from the heckler teams and have them roaming around the badlands of RK for a bit. Maybe add a few small simple statics much like you find in SL with some basic lewts one could find or a rare item or two. Similar to the Cyborg Barracks, for instance.

As for shades: Get a list going. Update it. Make sure FC's aware of this list. Voice complaints with constructive criticism and not 'it sucks, fix it'. If you're not specific about what you want then FC won't know what to improve.

as aa bit of a forum noob im not sure if this is the right place for this post but here goes anyway. (if it isnt id appreciate an ark\forum mod warping it and giving it an appropriate title )

since my initial post in this thread ive met and helped 3 new froob players on RK1.

i thought people might be interested in their experiences\problems so far.

1. the first player was having trouble gettin to one section of the living cyber armour quest (curiously enough the mission entrance was near foremans) he kept dying trying to get to the mission entrance and was clearly getting frustrated. he was asking me how people travel around the game. fgrid, some direction and a HoT helped him out...

2. the next player was trying to understand why his froob agent was doing very little damage and having trouble surviving in totw at level 55, a new gun (he had an agility buffing rifle equipped) and some advice on where to spend his ip helped him.

3. the final player was struggling to understand the implant system (specifically how to make\equip them and which premades were most useful for his profession) a clear explanation helped him out no end.

im interested in getting some feedback on this as i feel all 3 of these players encountered problems that would have discouraged them from continuing to play.
    "I detest sleep. I've got better things to do." -JTHM-

So bitter and filled with ash. I would enjoy your tears, if they didn't turn to dust at my touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrichor View Post
    as aa bit of a forum noob im not sure if this is the right place for this post but here goes anyway. (if it isnt id appreciate an ark\forum mod warping it and giving it an appropriate title )

since my initial post in this thread ive met and helped 3 new froob players on RK1.

i thought people might be interested in their experiences\problems so far.

1. the first player was having trouble gettin to one section of the living cyber armour quest (curiously enough the mission entrance was near foremans) he kept dying trying to get to the mission entrance and was clearly getting frustrated. he was asking me how people travel around the game. fgrid, some direction and a HoT helped him out...

2. the next player was trying to understand why his froob agent was doing very little damage and having trouble surviving in totw at level 55, a new gun (he had an agility buffing rifle equipped) and some advice on where to spend his ip helped him.

3. the final player was struggling to understand the implant system (specifically how to make\equip them and which premades were most useful for his profession) a clear explanation helped him out no end.

im interested in getting some feedback on this as i feel all 3 of these players encountered problems that would have discouraged them from continuing to play.
    I would have to agree with Cyrichor on this, when Anarchy first came out there was a Beginners guide towards Anarchy, since Notum Wars,Shadowlands,Alien Invasions,and the Newest... there has not been any sort of guide specifically from funcom, only the playerbased ones have came out and are somewhat helpful for new players when they find out that they exist... However when it comes to advertising the game and Helping the player out a simple HTML would help putting like a Book online instead of making Hundreds of thousand of copys to send to area stores, explaining the game, explaining the process of the professions and breeds... and the areas. Does not have to include spoilers but rather Important information towards the players would be prudent. I was trying to get 2 of my friends to come to play Anarchy the other day and they were trying to navigate the website and saw some videos which didnt work, so they went to youtube and found this video that says "Extreme leveling" that automaticually drew them away from here cause they want something that is rather grinding, I tried sitting there telling them that it isnt all about that... that theres more included but I didnt have "facts" backing me up on this part
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

ToTW was merely an example of a multi-functional area that was, in it's day, one of the most popular attractions of RK.
    A nice assortment of loot that was matched well to its level, and mobs of appropriate levels (and HP) that carried the player to the top of its level cap.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Unhappy

By executive order of His Royal Meansness, looks like The Harvester and his extended family of Pumpkinheads will be sticking around for another week! That means you guys have this weekend and the next to get all your goodness farmed up. =D
    All pumpkins are gone :s and my farming urge is still present. I understood the above so that they should have stayed until the 8th/9th, at least.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    All pumpkins are gone :s and my farming urge is still present. I understood the above so that they should have stayed until the 8th/9th, at least.
    omg does that mean I haz to go back to playing the games now instead of farming uph?

Noooooo!
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

By executive order of His Royal Meansness, looks like The Harvester and his extended family of Pumpkinheads will be sticking around for another week! That means you guys have this weekend and the next to get all your goodness farmed up. =D
    Kintaii's post above is from Oct 30th ... so I thought that meant UPH and GUPH were around thru Sunday Nov 8th ...

It seems today like the Uncle Pumpkin Heads left us late on Wednesday, only the missions were left when I logged on Thursday. Not that I am complaining, I am happy with doing missions thru the week-end.

Just wanted to clarify. Looks like I am not the only one hoping for clarification ...

Colrain

Noooooooo they can't be gone....because of what Kintaii said I was planning to finish getting Lya's sleeves and patches on my alts this weekend
    Plexor 220/23 Adventurer
    The Red Brotherhood

Account Created
    2001-06-29 19:30:30

WTH FC'er for clarification buff. Paying well! PST
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I Think im w bugs on this one, dont get me wrong, DR was and is AWESOME. but to get more active subscribers (and i know that some paying ppl will cry) give the old RK a place or to, after 125+ its pretty much death for a froob, and granted at lvl 125 they should have made their mind up about subscribing also....

*edit*
    not that im saying give them another IS to fill in the gap to 200, there are tons of places on rk, maybe increase the lvl range that can attend some of them or mob lvl inside...something to make them last longer or something, or even a newly discovered island w some silly lil hard hitting mob that u would have to pay credits to go to for a quest or something
    Last edited by styles999; Nov 6th, 2009 at 13:16:07.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

UPH are back in the tower fields & GUPH are in at least some of their locations. Draculeet or Frankenleet are currently in Newland, but not Old Athen, Tir & Borealis. After waiting around for at least 4 hours for those NPCs to return while I did Draculeet missions out of Newland, I submitted a petition & waited in the queue for over 2 hours.

(22:35) [XXXXXXXXXX]: I'm checking the Playfields you have mentioned now.
    (22:35) [XXXXXXXXXX]: Now do you have the specifc name of the Leet that is missing from Borealis, Tir, and Old Athens?
    To [XXXXXXXXXX]: draculeet, frankenleet. The mission leets for the Halloween missions.

(22:43) [XXXXXXXXXX]: It seems that these NPCs were killed by players and are on their respawn timers. They should be up anytime now.

Anyone that has had anything to do with Anarchy Online during any month of October for the last 5+ years knows of at least Frankenleet, Draculeet & Uncle Pumpkinhead. After being asked what the names of the mission leets were & being "told" that every single one of those non-attackable mission leet NPCs in each of those cities had been "killed by players", I verified that I could not attack a Draculeet & pasted it for him. My petition was immediately closed with no further contact. I then logged out before I said something in game that I would regret.

WTB GMs that are honest with their customers & have at least a basic knowledge of special occasion (or new content) mobs/NPCs... perferrably knowledge of all of the games that they are doing customer service for, but I understand they're pulling double duties with other Funcom games. It is a bit of a slap in the face when they claim that they're from the other game though (which this GM did on 24 August 2009).

(22:57) [XXXXXXXXXX]: However if you do check on the Age of Conan webpage you'll fine my name their AoC GMs are AO GMs
    (22:57) [XXXXXXXXXX]: Some of the AO stuff isn't always updated as it is much much older.

Also, please respawn the Hallo-leets.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Nov 7th, 2009 at 19:31:27.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

2 days later & they still have not returned...

What happened to us getting them through this weekend too?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast