Thread: Sharp objects categorization

Sharp objects categorization

In the trend of all changes going on, I think it would be nice to get the sharp object skill correctly supported. At the moment, it is considered a range skill, buffed with general range expertise, available on supple armor and in the light artillery perkline. However, the only professions that can use this skill efficiently are melee ones, except maybe for agents, the best sharp objects being restricted to MAs and shades.

Now I don't want to deprive the few range people that actually use them, so what I suggest is this : make sharp objects both a melee and range skill, available both on light artillery and light infantry skills, on both supple and strong armors. People perking both lines would get twice the benefits, good for them if they are willing to waste perks on those. People wearing CC might have double stat, not that it bothers me much. Sharp objects is an under-used skill at the moment, I don't see any problem with getting it available to more setups. It would be nice to see more sharp objects ingame too, especially for lower levels, but I'm not sure I want the dev team to spend time on that with all they already have to cope.

Anyway, support for sharp objects for melee professions would be nice already, maybe even buffs through nanos for those professions that are supposed to use them regularly.

Well sharp objects has always been a ranged skill, reason shades and MA's are good at it are because there the ones that would really be trained in throwing knifes/shurikens/other pointy throwables.

Im all for it being more supported, same way bows could be supported for MA's and such, but it should remain ranged (but for example use physical inits)
    Last edited by Xenotric; Oct 31st, 2009 at 17:08:49.

Unfortunately there is no init related to sharp objects. They work like a usable object, like a stim for instance, and the sharp object skill gets locked a certain amount of time before you can use it again (usually between 10 and 30 seconds depending on which one you are using). Apart from being able to hit your opponent more easily, getting more sharp objects skill helps you use a better version of it, that's pretty much all it does. The best versions are rarely used because you won't get a high enough skill, even in full CC and with your skill maxed out. Sharp objects are all throwing objects, not at all like range weapons, be it throwing knives, shuriken, etc. It's a bit odd they should be classified as ranged weapons to start with, and it really hinders their actual use in the game. Also, the whole balancing thing is precisely about things that have always been like etc being changed, I think.

Well more support would hopefully bring in actual sharp object throwing weapons. aswell as the clickies