Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 20th, 2009 - Nanomage says "Wut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When these changes are eventually ironed out and they go live EVERYONE will have the opportunity to change breed once (and the sex of your character if you like) for free. This is the only fair way to handle this issue. It is also important to note that when this area is done it should be a very tough decision as we hope to make all breeds a viable choice...and removing abilities from breeds is not the route we intend to take on the way to evening the playfield.

In a sci-fi world why shouldn't breed change be an option?...this is also likely to be an option heading into the future for AO.
    My god Means, I know I've been highly critical of this game as of the last couple months, but it's amazing how one bit of news can restore all hope I once had. Funny thing is, you may recall me asking you this question in one of the Q&A FWM's a couple months ago...I remember you said "maybe" to sex change, and something like "never" for breed change. I'm so glad to see you changed your position on that.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Good to hear. Every breed being equally viable for every prof seems an impossible goal, but breed change removes the need for it IMHO.

Sex change ! yeah ! I could use 1 inch longer ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    First

im all good with breed be a not "trivial" buffing, but they need to be balanced anyway.

But this is so mindblowing good news (the breed change!) FINALLY I can get my gimp soli keeper into the light, the Atrox light! THANKS!
    Hah... I'm gonna make my keeper Solitus at last.... ftw!

PS.
    1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Wow big wait little content (sans the breed change). No new balance content so we'll be left bickering on forums without a clue.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

awesome!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 20th, 2009 at 17:50:09. Reason: obscenity in big magenta letters is still obscenity - just an eyesore as well
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

So...Can I have my atrox get the double D tits from a female solitus while keeping the beard? :P
    Detachment: Mayhem (OTC)

Coolx ( 220/30 ) Opifex Agent
    Evildaemon ( 220/30 ) Opifex Meta-physicist
    Criminal ( 220/30 ) Atrox Enforcer

New PDFs plix!
    blah

May I have my breed changed to Monster?

Thx!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sweeet Breed change!

Funcom employee

I should add that all credit and good karma for this addition should go to directly to Macrosun as making breed change work will *ahem* suck. This feature represents a similar amount of work to the entire mail system.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Exclamation reply

i think if the brred change is introduced .. it should only be allowed ONCE per toon .. if at all...
    i can understand this one time.. but in the future it should be severly limited.
    like put a lvl cap on it... say 100 or something.. and lose something to.. like 2 IP reset pts or something..

u could also make it so newb island can change w/o restriction.. to give new players a chance to experiment

I should add that all credit and good karma for this addition should go to directly to Macrosun as making breed change work will *ahem* suck. This feature represents a similar amount of work to the entire mail system.
    the same mail system that caused macrosun to quit a few times a day do to frustration? ^^
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Yeah I figured as much, no simple feat I imagine.

Not that you really know at this point, but I figure it's likely going to require unequipping everything, full IPR, and full perk reset before changing? I can't imagine it working otherwise...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Making an option to change breeds feels like nothing else but admiting you're unable/don't want to balance the game properly. The ultimate bandaid fix.

Greetings,
    Your Party Pooper.

breed perks change is cool.

what about balancing shadowbreed regarding side ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Breed change!?... but, but, but... I rerolled! *head explodes*

*tries to breathe*

Ok, ok... Troxxor would have been a stupid name for any breed other than atrox...

If you tell me there's a one time name change too I think I might, I might....

*faints at the thought*
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

OMG MEANS!!!! I love you. Truly. Thank you. Thank you so, so much!

What about DNW?
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

OK, nvm, scratch above. MACROSUN! I love you!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast