Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: PvP range fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    As i said before, simpliest solution to get rid of tl7 killing tl5 is to prevent 2 players from attacking each other if their titlelevel difference is higher than 1.

So tl7 can only attack tl6, tl6 can attack tl5/7, tl5 can attack tl4/6 and so on.
    Absolutely nothing will change compared to current situation except tl7 vs tl5.
    Except in this case the problem stays as is, then there would only be tl6 twinks healed by tl7's killing the tl5's. Tbh, i dont care if my tl5 gets attacked by certain low TL7's who are rolled purely for tl5 killing. That's fine...few tl5 twinks will take the tl7's down. The problem comes when there's 2 x 220 healing class etc glued on the low tl7's...the tl5's have no change defending themselves.

In your presented case, we would just see a pile of 199's tagged with few 220 docs healing em up cause they can with the 1 title level lock.

So as is, the proposition fails.

We need purely something that keeps the pockets out of the NW fields....Other than that, i'm game to face about anything, as long as i have a fighting change.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Fullfrontal - 220 Field Marshal
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfrontal View Post
    In your presented case, we would just see a pile of 199's tagged with few 220 docs healing em up cause they can with the 1 title level lock.
    204s. Just FYI.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfrontal View Post
    Except in this case the problem stays as is, then there would only be tl6 twinks healed by tl7's killing the tl5's. Tbh, i dont care if my tl5 gets attacked by certain low TL7's who are rolled purely for tl5 killing. That's fine...few tl5 twinks will take the tl7's down. The problem comes when there's 2 x 220 healing class etc glued on the low tl7's...the tl5's have no change defending themselves.

So as is, the proposition fails.

We need purely something that keeps the pockets out of the NW fields....Other than that, i'm game to face about anything, as long as i have a fighting change.
    204s can't instakill tl5s. Well, as long as they aren't enfs or agents I suppose.

If my range were implemented, 220s would only be able to heal down to 210. The highest that could attack a 174 would be 203. 170? 202. And 165? 201. A 201 would need a 211 pocket, and that pocket is a lot more easily taken down than a 215 or 220.

Bump.
    Menkyo Ilikedagunz2: 200/2x XP Grinding Opi MA
    Judashero: 60/6 Untwinked Trox Soldier
    Revocation: 58/6 NM Crat E
    Takainohebun: 30/3 Trox MA E
    Jeezusaurus: 21/2 Trox Enf E
    Okuiri Takainoakki: 15/2 Trox MA E
    Bachiatari: 9/1 Untwinked Trox Enf
    Peddler Itami: 5/1 Trox Trader E

Super bump.

bump for any sollution to this problem, whether it would be a one-title-lvl higher/lower rule on top of the current pvp ranges, or would it be reworking the said pvp ranges at least at tl5+,,,,

while im not that picky and would welcome with open arms any sollution to this, personally id prefer the latter: reworking the pvp ranges

y would i? thats simply becouse putting the one-title-lvl higher/lower rule on top of the current existing pvp range would result in way too many of us being 189s or in case of the twink killers 204s, it would only partially fix this issue and for a short period of time, just till those who were 205+ at the time of a, hopefully someday finally incomming, change would rerolled and lvled up to the slightly lower lvl and done the twinkin, few months tops

on the other hand, the sollution personally by me prefered ( range revamp ), would not only fix this issue, but possibly open a new tl for twink pvp - tl6 wich would inherit the problem of fighting vs tl7s or ppl pocketed by them from tl5s, but the power gap between tl6/tl7 is way way way smaller then that between tl5 and tl7, especially between a 174 and 219

ofc, there are also other possible sollutions to this problem, one of the more interesting imo is locking pvp on a tower site to the sites lvl range ( used on top of the current pvp range ),,, while it would change nothing in non-nw pvp, it would fix the problem of tl7s interfering in tl5 NW in the case of most sites, and leaving only a few in the situation we have 2day ( wich should make every1 happy, even the twink killers would still have some possibilities to be used )

+ it might be fun to see some wierd lvl twinks rolled to "claim" a site with a short lvl range

but in any situation, bump for each sollution that would adress this issue
    Last edited by Insane666; Feb 2nd, 2010 at 14:56:47.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I don't see how ppl can rationalize against the title level suggestion.
    A really great 174 twink has a quite good chance vs a leveling 204 toon. But no matter what you do you won't beat a 219. The difference in IP alone makes it impossible.

It's not a perfect solution but it seriously helps the tl5 situation.

And for me, personally seeing ppls 207 twinks get nerfed would be a big pleasure. And yes, that includes my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I don't see how ppl can rationalize against the title level suggestion.
    A really great 174 twink has a quite good chance vs a leveling 204 toon. But no matter what you do you won't beat a 219. The difference in IP alone makes it impossible.

It's not a perfect solution but it seriously helps the tl5 situation.

And for me, personally seeing ppls 207 twinks get nerfed would be a big pleasure. And yes, that includes my own.
    They don't rationalize, they QQ and make any argument they can think of because they either are elitist tl7 pvpers, or have a tl7 that would be nerfed (like your own).

Simply put, these persons are asshats.

Thumbs up

asshats is a funny word.

I'm all for the a range rebalance. Imo if you just make levels 201-220 worth five levels each (as they are IP wise), and maintain the same range scheme, it would look like this:

currently, you can attack or be attacked by anyone within 79.5% of your level.
    219*0.795= 174
    110*0.795=87

IF 201-220 were treated as 5 levels each for the purpose of PVP level ranges, look at what we would have:

220=300*0.795= 238.5= 208 <-- lowest target level for a 220
    219=295*0.795= 234.5= 207 <-- lowest target level for a 219
    215=275*0.795= 218.6= 204 <-- lowest target level for a 215
    207=235*0.795= 187 = 187 <-- lowest target level for a 207
    205=225*0.795= 179 = 179 <-- lowest target level for a 205
    203=215*0.795= 171 = 171 <-- lowest target level for a 203
    202=210*0.795= 167 = 167 <-- lowest target level for a 202
    201=205*0.795= 163 = 167 <-- lowest target level for a 201
    200=200*0.795= 159 <-- same as before.

bump
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Bump biddy bye bye, it's time for the lame tl7 twink killers to die.

on a positive side at least it's not 220> 150 no more i remember a martial artist some omni ganker who went by the name of surgcor used to try and kill all within range flagged omni this 220 ma, got pwned by a tms agent once upon a time who was proboblies like level 150-160 at TG lol.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Henaro 165 Gimp Doc

and some gimps not worthy to be mentioned

Bump.

Thumbs up

I like Noobius76's suggestion a lot.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikedagunz2 View Post
    They don't rationalize, they QQ and make any argument they can think of because they either are elitist tl7 pvpers, or have a tl7 that would be nerfed (like your own).

Simply put, these persons are asshats.
    You invest x-amount of time on your toon based on a level range. That level range changes. The time you invested is instantly gone unless you can find a new use for that toon. This is not to argue that the level ranges are perfect the way they are. It's to argue that once they are in place, they're that much harder to change.

In law, there's a thing called constructive dismissal. Your employer changes important terms of your contract against your consent. You leave your job on that basis. The reality is you've been constructively dismissed, as if you were fired without cause. The employee now has the right to file a grievance against the employer on the basis of a breach of contract.

You might say: "You can use this argument against any change!" Well, major changes. The way you feel about it depends on why you rolled that toon in the first place. If you rolled a soldier for AMS to see that AMS is being removed from their toolset, then yeah, you were jipped. If it's something minor to you like removing stun procs from crats when you mostly rolled that toon for evades and guild xp buffs, then it's not a big deal. In the case of twinks, the level you choose to be is a decision of upmost importance. To change the ranges would be unfair to those who wisely took them into consideration and invested their ressources accordingly. Those who didn't take the ranges in consideration have no basis to claim nerf because they get pwned. It's their own shortcoming that put them in this situation. They've got nobody to blame but themselves.

That's where I'm coming from. Changing the ranges will have a negative impact on certain players without any fault of their own. You can maybe rationalize a range change for the 'greater good', but don't blame the people who take advantage of the current mechanics. They just played their cards right.

I like that you're trying to give current twinks some consideration. However, I may be one of the few who enjoyed being in range of the 220s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chereee View Post
    I like that you're trying to give current twinks some consideration. However, I may be one of the few who enjoyed being in range of the 220s though.
    If there is a PVP range fix, just think cheree, you'll be all geared and ready to blow the tits off the very first hotshot TL6 twink.

In a way, it'll just be an "adjustment" certainly not a "constructive dismissal"

Besides, you don't really play myxo right now, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Besides, you don't really play myxo right now, do you?
    I don't really play _____.

You can view this range here in the link in the OP as well.

Cheree, at first I was all like tl;dr, but then I was all like tl;butireaditanyway

I'm not arguing that the people who rolled twinks to kill tl5s were wrong. I'm arguing at how effective they are is wrong. A single character should not be able to instakill a team of lower levels, regardless of what prof they are, or how twinked they are.

Edit: And I mean the lowbies in that last bit.

Edit2: Oh hey, that "Delete this Message" box is new.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast