Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: make RRFE self only

Self only RRFE would nerf engies... Bai to reflect ripper usefulness, you know. I wonder if anyone cares.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Self only RRFE would nerf engies... Bai to reflect ripper usefulness, you know. I wonder if anyone cares.

that is so retarded, thats like saying soldier would be nerfed if they got enough attack rating that they dont need to use debuff perks anymore

also, engie would be one of the few classes with self reflects (you guys knew if rrfe made it self only, so would engie reflects) so if anything it would boost engies for having more reflects than others and not having to rip people from their reflects each time they wanna kill something

Where is the fairness for low lvl soldiers when opponents are running around with more reflects than what they have XD.

Perhaps making RRFE line self only is not the way but reducing the top reflect % others can get from soldiers to like 21% would make it viable. I mean is not fair for others to have such a part of our defense on their "osb toolset" as no one can give soldiers enough buff for lets say evades, to dodge 20-30% of the damage. Only blockers would have this type of impact and then you need to team with engi.

Just trying to make a point not whining or anything.
    Soldier aura can still buff for 30% for teammates.
    Last edited by heilt-do; Dec 8th, 2009 at 13:57:51.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    Where is the fairness for low lvl soldiers when opponents are running around with more reflects than what they have XD.
    LOL, what?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Just level lock RK reflects...simple as that.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Perhaps making RRFE line self only is not the way but reducing the top reflect % others can get from soldiers to like 21% would make it viable. I mean is not fair for others to have such a part of our defense on their "osb toolset" as no one can give soldiers enough buff for lets say evades, to dodge 20-30% of the damage. Only blockers would have this type of impact and then you need to team with engi.

Just trying to make a point not whining or anything.
    Soldier aura can still buff for 30% for teammates.
    Nothing stops those Soldiers from getting RRFE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Just level lock RK reflects...simple as that.
    I know you don't like OBs in lowbie PvP, however to my knowledge there's only once class that can stand up strong in TL2 PvP without OBs and that's well twinked Enforcers. There's too many level locks in the game already and they ruin the idea of twinking, because even if you buff yourself to those skills, game says nuh uh you're not the right level.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I know you don't like OBs in lowbie PvP, however to my knowledge there's only once class that can stand up strong in TL2 PvP without OBs and that's well twinked Enforcers. There's too many level locks in the game already and they ruin the idea of twinking, because even if you buff yourself to those skills, game says nuh uh you're not the right level.
    That's because those other classes have to get OBs to be able to stand up against others...who have OBs. Level locking nanos like reflects and runspeed buffs will not affect twinking. It will make people with OBs not as OP'd versus those w/o them. 10-12% reflect isn't that bad at tl2-3 (around what a soldier can self at that level so you could get them with level locks), 30% reflect is. 150-250 more RS isn't that bad at tl2-3, 720 RS is.

Making OBs like those level locked doesn't mean people can't get OB's, it means that people can only get OBs equivalent to their level. You must admit a toon having tl5-6 buffs at 20 isn't that fair to anybody else on the field. Just because A) you don't have the right profession on another account and B) none of them are either online or will buff you doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to have a decent fight.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

So, where did this discussion turn from "RRFE as an OSB available for all professions is bad because it creates unbalanced situations" to "Nerf twinks with RRFE plix"?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

That's because those other classes have to get OBs to be able to stand up against others...who have OBs. Level locking nanos like reflects and runspeed buffs will not affect twinking. It will make people with OBs not as OP'd versus those w/o them. 10-12% reflect isn't that bad at tl2-3 (around what a soldier can self at that level so you could get them with level locks), 30% reflect is. 150-250 more RS isn't that bad at tl2-3, 720 RS is.

Making OBs like those level locked doesn't mean people can't get OB's, it means that people can only get OBs equivalent to their level. You must admit a toon having tl5-6 buffs at 20 isn't that fair to anybody else on the field. Just because A) you don't have the right profession on another account and B) none of them are either online or will buff you doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to have a decent fight.
    Where does the level locking end though?

Many have complained about the drains Traders can get. Look at what my 41 can cast, with just a Comp Mastery, which according to game rules and your comment, I'm perfectly entitled to because it's a TL2 level locked nano.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

l.

huh, you do know that those lowbie soldiers, once they cast TMS that rrfe is gone forever and then they will only have their crappy aura right? which at that lvl is less than rrfe, thats what he was pointing out

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    LOL, what?
    Stop the spam ?

The fact that TMS removes RRFE.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    huh, you do know that those lowbie soldiers, once they cast TMS that rrfe is gone forever and then they will only have their crappy aura right? which at that lvl is less than rrfe, thats what he was pointing out
    I admit I forgot about that. How long does the TMS that a Soldier at that level can cast, last for anyway?

Maybe that's why we don't see too many TL2/TL3 Soldiers.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

The fact that TMS removes RRFE.
    You can use lower level aura and RRFE at once, so aura can kick in, when TMS ends. After 40 sec, you simply recast RRFE again.

Works like a charm on my soldier (on RK only tho). And it's pretty nice balancing situation that should happen on higher levels as well.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

You can use lower level aura and RRFE at once, so aura can kick in, when TMS ends. After 40 sec, you simply recast RRFE again.

Works like a charm on my soldier (on RK only tho). And it's pretty nice balancing situation that should happen on higher levels as well.
    Because tl2 soldiers can self rrfe right?
    Facebook

Because tl2 soldiers can self rrfe right?
    They can ask higher level ones to recast it on them. Duh.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Works like a charm on my soldier (on RK only tho).
    Yes mate but in practice is not that simple as there is nanopool limitation and the 40s to 70s nano skill (lower lvl tms has less time of protection and same time for debuff), so in combat this is ineffective and only apply for tl4+ soldiers.

"Where is the fairness for low lvl soldiers when opponents are running around with more reflects than what they have XD."

"Where is the fairness for low lvl soldiers when opponents are running around with more reflects than what they have XD."
    But they aren't. It's your choice to gain god mode for 40ish sec and cancel your RRFE.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

They can ask higher level ones to recast it on them. Duh.
    Works great at tower fights when that's not possible ;p
    Facebook

Works great at tower fights when that's not possible ;p
    Don't use TMS then. QQ

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast