Thread: Brainstorming Session – Omni-Tek Law and Order

Brainstorming Session – Omni-Tek Law and Order

Brainstorming Index

Disclaimer: The Brainstorming Sessions are an attempt to cover specific topics which sometimes come across as a little gray. They will be presented with cited facts at the top which players can refer to for concrete information on the topic. Following the facts will be speculations on the topic which may or may not be true due to a lack of information. Until concrete information on a topic is made available please feel free to comment on the speculative ideas, post your own, or even adopt them into your story.

Facts:
      • Omni-AF
      • Omni-NF [2],[4],[5]
    • In times of circumstance Martial Law may be imposed which places civilian departments under the jurisdiction of the corresponding Professional Military department. [3]

Speculations:

Omni-Tek Maintains the following Professional Military Law and Order Departments

Omni-Tek Armed Forces (Omni-AF) – The Armed Forces function as the primary Army for the corporation. They staff the largest number of Military bases, engage in the largest number of engagements and maintain law and order in a large number of colony worlds, including Rubi-Ka.

Omni-Tek Naval Forces (Omni-NF) – The Naval Forces are the backbone of the Corporate War Machine. The Naval Forces transport the armor of the ground forces, provide supporting fire in the form of air supremacy and, when authorized, engage terrestrial targets with Orbital Bombardments.

Omni-Tek Expeditionary Forces (Omni-EF) – The Expeditionary Forces are usually the first boots on the ground in new engagements. Working closely with the Naval Forces the Expeditionary Forces are able to take advantage of the mobility of the Fleets to rapidly deploy and use Force Projection as a deterrent to new hostility.

Omni-Tek Maintains the following Civilian Law and Order Departments

Omni-Tek Police (Omni-Pol) – The Police serve as the Civilian Law and Order authority in peace times. They are responsible for enforcing all laws on Citizens of Rubi-Ka inside of Omni-Tek controlled regions that are not under the express control of the Armed Forces. In the event of Martial Law this department is consumed by the Omni-AF.

Omni-Tek Sky Guard (Omni-SG) – The Sky Guard operate many of the same Snub fighters and Transports that the Naval Forces employ, however, the Sky Guard operate exclusively from land bases. The Sky Guard typically operates on planets that are not exclusively held by Omni-Tek where either other governments or corporations may pose a threat to Omni-Tek assets at some point in time. In the event of Martial Law this department is consumed by the Omni-NF.

Omni-Tek Coast Guard (Omni-CG) – The Coast Guard operates on smaller planets, or by smaller local authorities, where there is a lot of traffic which berths into water ways for loading and unloading at docks. The Coast Guard operates a large number of low-power flying vessels and dedicated hydro vehicles which are used for Search and Rescue in the seas where the typical downward thrust of other vessels would doom the victim, of the situation. In the event of Martial Law this department is consumed by the Omni-NF.

Citing:

1. Homepage Archive

2. Timeline

3. Timeline

4. Timeline

5. Timeline
    Last edited by Trousers; Sep 20th, 2010 at 23:57:58. Reason: Additional Citation for the Navy
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i feel safe walking around when i know Omni-pol is there to protect.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Personally I prefer a pair of reliable pistols to Omni-Pol.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    Personally I prefer a pair of reliable pistols to Omni-Pol.
    violence prevention is only a part of security i ment.

social security and having a job and work unions are big deal.

ps: Omni-med providing good medical care and dental is something clanners can only dream about.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!