Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1330

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

  1. #41
    That ring to the right could be something from Pande or Inf.

    Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    let me know what you think of the bracers, I'm still hashing out the designs..
    Great, I like the rings the most.

    If you can make some bracers less fantasy and more sci-fi I'd love them just as much.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 7th, 2009 at 16:13:53.

  2. #42

    Funcom employee

    Doc, for real, check your PMs. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

  3. #43
    and that would be appliable to most RK texture/geometry for new engine or revival would never occur

    why not create a community contribution path to AO ? prolly lotta players are artists and would love to participate ao revamp ...

    this contribution shows it's possible. gg for it.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Doc, for real, check your PMs. XD
    WOOT!! Go get him, Kintaii! We needs graphics!!

    Bump and very nice work Doc!!

  5. #45
    Kintai...you do not hear voice of your boss yet ?

    It saying something like "Kiiiiintaaaaiii.....get this ingame asap or you are fired !"
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

  6. #46
    there gonna bump doc off and steal his work!

  7. #47
    Well, as you know, FC working very hard to provide you an updated grahpics engine with new models for things. So while you don't like the icons, I think I would rather keep the resources on the engine and skins.

    More reasonably, FC could have contests for people to submit these kinds of graphcis, of course giving up all intellectual property when they submit them.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Doc, for real, check your PMs. XD
    He had them off or I was going to tell him to get a hold of you already.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

    "I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

    The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

    <@Kintaii> L2P

  9. #49
    I'm an artist as well, and this so great to see

    I really hope this gets embraced and implemented

    There's nothing better than working on something you're passionate about, and if Funcom could get this implemented and maybe even develop a system for player made content to get in game it could result in some amazing things.

    Imagine hiring one more full time staff member to manage a group of volunteer developers, you could push AO years ahead and push the boundaries of whats been done in a game of this scale.

    Crowd sourcing is the future and so many companies are profiting off of it, (threadless.com is a good example)

    But its not just the companies, its the consumer that is also profiting. More work and higher design standards that emerge out of a pool of competing or collaborating artists.

    Go go Funcom! Help us, help you, help us!

  10. #50
    If FC don't reward him and implement these i will...i dont know, be very angry? Fly to Norway to camp outside FC HQ to campaign for this?

    Seriously, imo give him at least a year free on his accounts and ask if you can use them damnit.

    Massive Bump.

  11. #51
    Bump for this, and a selfish bump for making the Detonation Matrix lockout visually distinct from Suppressive Horde.

    The rings and collars look great! The bracer prototypes you have there look like a good start, as well. One idea I had would be a bracer that looks more like armor than decoration. A few overlapping scales might do the trick.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

    A proud member of Circle G

    Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.

  12. #52
    make some uber shoulder pads

    the collars are alright, but seem a little to straight cut.

    and the bracers are a decent start but could use a look that would make them appear to be comfy to wear

    but I am just being a critic, there is no way I could do that myself

    That one isn't in your list of AO rings is it?
    Last edited by Maxisfix; Dec 8th, 2009 at 05:52:00.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    That ring to the right could be something from Pande or Inf.



    Great, I like the rings the most.

    If you can make some bracers less fantasy and more sci-fi I'd love them just as much.
    Agreed, make them semi-transparent blobs of controlled plasma or something. Make them glow.

    P.S. Loving that candy-cane one.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

  14. #54
    You should make an Interesting pair of pants, that way I can retire.

    And Nice job, I'm highly impressed.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

  15. #55
    First, thanks for catching that missing AO ring Maxisfix. I had it on my workscreen but must have missed moving it to the sample. Cheers!

    Second, I had not checked out the nano formula icons yet Axtimor, that will be a whole ball of wax on it's own. I'll look into it at some point but atm I'm concentrating on inventory items.

    Third, here is another little update with a new bracer design and a few more rings...

    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...wAO_Rings4.jpg

    Cheers!

    P.S. keep the suggestions and comments coming, feedback is my main fuel source. LoL

  16. #56
    Do items that use the same icon, use the same icon file, that is, does notum ring of the three and augmented OT ring use 28572.file or do they have their unique icon file?

    If they are the same, you could ask someone who runs a DB site to figure out a list of items that reuse icons, and start making new ones for some really prevalent gear.


    MA attacks
    Nanos
    Weps
    Armour
    Hud Items

    And more hand done would be icons that dont match the item very well, like ream robe is white in inv but blue on character.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot



  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Do items that use the same icon, use the same icon file, that is, does notum ring of the three and augmented OT ring use 28572.file or do they have their unique icon file?

    If they are the same, you could ask someone who runs a DB site to figure out a list of items that reuse icons, and start making new ones for some really prevalent gear.


    MA attacks
    Nanos
    Weps
    Armour
    Hud Items

    And more hand done would be icons that dont match the item very well, like ream robe is white in inv but blue on character.
    Hi MassDebater,

    I'm sure there is a way to get a list of the duplicate items from the DB. I'm not the one to do that though. And I'm going to concentrate my efforts on inventory items only at first. Weapons and armor have actual in-game models and or textures that you see on the player, that is a huge ball of wax beyond anything I feel like tackling atm. Nano formula icons would be in phase 2 of this icon blitz to remove as many duplicate items as possible in the inventory.

    I would go as far as to say with the inventory items, any 'unique' item that is using a duplicate icon get a bit of a priority for being replaced. But that's just my humble opinion.

    Cheers!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Hi MassDebater,

    I'm sure there is a way to get a list of the duplicate items from the DB. I'm not the one to do that though. And I'm going to concentrate my efforts on inventory items only at first. Weapons and armor have actual in-game models and or textures that you see on the player, that is a huge ball of wax beyond anything I feel like tackling atm. Nano formula icons would be in phase 2 of this icon blitz to remove as many duplicate items as possible in the inventory.

    I would go as far as to say with the inventory items, any 'unique' item that is using a duplicate icon get a bit of a priority for being replaced. But that's just my humble opinion.

    Cheers!

    I just meant the icons for weps/armour

    Also added to duplicate nano icons is the nanos with missing icons (nice green sphere with ? in it)
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot



  19. #59
    Docaholic - Do you think you can output your render at 2x size, the detail you have on the rings and such is great but at the scale your image is at the detail is lost.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

    "I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

    The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

    <@Kintaii> L2P

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Docaholic - Do you think you can output your render at 2x size, the detail you have on the rings and such is great but at the scale your image is at the detail is lost.
    I understand, but unless I missed my guess the inventory icons in AO are 48x48 in size. if the game would rescale them down to 48x48 from a higher rez one (ie 96x96) the detail would still get lost, and depending on the scaling routine it might look even worse.

    all my rings are being rendered at 512x512 and then scaled down. I have more control over the final image this way and can guarantee without a doubt these 48x48 icons will look better than if the game engine simply scaled them in-game.

    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...SizeSample.jpg

    as you can see there might be even more detail lost than you originally thought, but that is the price to pay when dealing with small icon sizes.

    Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •