Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

ROTFLMAO, this is the second time this 'Sticky' got a 'Bump'. it's just too funny.

Note: My in-game wife was extremely pleased with the new 'wedding ring' that magically appeared in her backpack LOL.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    ROTFLMAO, this is the second time this 'Sticky' got a 'Bump'. it's just too funny.

Note: My in-game wife was extremely pleased with the new 'wedding ring' that magically appeared in her backpack LOL.
    I also like to "bump" this thread.

It was YOU who started it and YOUR fantastic work made FC change some of the textures in the game.

Thank you
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    Really nice, can't wait to see them ingame and the data core looks good too now, like EdtaatdE said.

Thanks for the update Docaholic.
    Wow, not sure how I hadn't clicked in this thread by now... but let me just say "awesomesauce"

Looks great - can't wait to see it go live. Would compliment the new engine tremendously. I'll admit, the old graphics contributed to making the game look poorly made. This would be very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Drmorte View Post
    Wow, not sure how I hadn't clicked in this thread by now... but let me just say "awesomesauce"

Looks great - can't wait to see it go live. Would compliment the new engine tremendously. I'll admit, the old graphics contributed to making the game look poorly made. This would be very nice!
    Some are already live
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make inf ring, pen ring and HHAB have different icons. They use to all be different but 1-2 patch cycles ago they all changed to the HHAB graphic ring.
    Try comparing it to nano recompilers, infuse or not infuse AI or not. they all look the same. Then the yuttos ncu.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Excellent work, Doc.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Annoying monster parts re-use: Mantis parts (used for Mantis armor) are old Monster Parts. They're all ewwww now.

It's nice to see stuff on live, I appreciate it.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Ok! all i can say on this is, Why funcom? why? why havn't you hired doc to sort out rings bracers collers bracers mats and whatever else? come on guys we pay a shed ton of cash to play ao, bugger aoc and ya other games ao is a winner its a steady flow of muchas mula, concentrate on ao make us all happy hire doc his/her work is awsome we players are like share holders in a way and i think all the other players - (share holders) would like to see some of these graphics ingame not just a few.
    Awsome work btw doc.
    OMNI 220-70-16 Soldier Drewgun Mysol****
    General of Hell On Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Drewgun View Post
    Ok! all i can say on this is, Why funcom? why? why havn't you hired doc to sort out rings bracers collers bracers mats and whatever else? come on guys we pay a shed ton of cash to play ao, bugger aoc and ya other games ao is a winner its a steady flow of muchas mula, concentrate on ao make us all happy hire doc his/her work is awsome we players are like share holders in a way and i think all the other players - (share holders) would like to see some of these graphics ingame not just a few.
    Awsome work btw doc.
    They've already started putting his Icon's in game, so your point is?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

sweet then there's no need for a point...
    OMNI 220-70-16 Soldier Drewgun Mysol****
    General of Hell On Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Drewgun View Post
    sweet then there's no need for a point...
    lol, at least read the last couple of pages or so
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Great idea...super "bumping" a sticky : )
    Last edited by Ninjafx; May 12th, 2010 at 20:38:18.
    Proud member of Athen Paladins

More icons sent to Means, totw rings, MA books and the new Hold Hell at Bay ring.. They should be slipped in soon (tm)

HHaB ring sample...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...seRender08.jpg

Cheers!

Just a thought for you, I never liked how they gave the Pen and Inf rings the same icon as the HHaB, so would it be possible to rework those three rings so each had a unique icon but they could interlock together and form a fourth ring.

Basically allowing the player to identify all the previous parts of the ring in the combined Ring, and with a different colour for the profession version.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

could you tell me 'specifically' what rings and in what kind of order they should progress.. if I make a set of 'interlocking' rings should I make it progressive? or where any combination of any of the 3 rings could be assembled? (in this case that would give 7 different rings)

Ascii Top View quick samples..

Ring 1 ----O----
    Ring 2 ---[-]---
    Ring 3 --<--->--

Ring 1 & 2 combined ---[O]---
    Ring 1 & 3 combined --<-O->--
    Ring 2 & 3 combined --<[-]>--

Ring 1 & 2 & 3 combined --<[O]>--

I hope you can all understand the ascii

Cheers!

Honestly I was thinking of something along the lines of the Puzzle rings you can get these days.

eg. Wiki Puzzle Rings

Or even this 6 Band Puzzle Ring showing three distinct colours could give some inspiration.

Generally however I believe the Combined ring is progressive so to use your ascii example you'd get:

Ring 1 ----O----
    Ring 2 ---[-]---
    Ring 3 --<--->--
    Ring 1 & 2 combined ---[O]---
    Ring 1 & 2 & 3 combined --<[O]>--
    Profession ring --<[O]>--

Maybe not those colours though

They oughta name a jewelry item (a useful item, hopefully) after you. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    They oughta name a jewelry item (a useful item, hopefully) after you. Great work.
    How about a Doctor Only ring called "Docaholic's Ring of Infinite Support". It could boost the Doctor's strength or healing ability (or whatever you guys suggest) by 2% for each member of their team so the more support they have the more powerful they are. It would sort of reflect the power of this thread that way.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Bump for giving doc an item in recognition His new icons are great
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Hopefully you checked your PM inbox, hehe.

Looking forward to [possibly] working with you soon ;]

-rob M.

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast