Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

It is called a "yuttos modified NCU" meaning the yuttos modified an NCU of some type, not that it's a yutto manufactured NCU that was modified.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

**Is this a case of third time lucky?***

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample3.jpg

Here are the 3 designs I did, you can see the progression.. I put the Yuttos Modified NCU in the upper right as a reference. Do you think the Column on the right below the Yuttos Modified NCU is a better design? It's easy to see segmented shapes and I still managed to use 'slotted' type mini-NCU.

Let me know what you think, Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

This last one is good imo
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Excellent. I have no complaints of the latest ones.

It looks like a piece of food that a dog threw up. Change the color scheme so its looks something a cyborg fiddled with, more metal? Looks too organic, like something the Beast would drop.

Oh wow, I like the one to the right, much better color which matches the DB armor (makes sense), it still seems like you "bend" it a bit much at the ends as if trying to make it more compact than the original.

I think the shape should be closer to the original Yuttos Modified NCU, but with the same color of the one to the right as if the dusters had taken the thing and just modified it for their use.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Lets keep Yutto technology and cyborg/xan technology separate. I dont think they should be based off one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    **Is this a case of third time lucky?***

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample3.jpg

Here are the 3 designs I did, you can see the progression.. I put the Yuttos Modified NCU in the upper right as a reference. Do you think the Column on the right below the Yuttos Modified NCU is a better design? It's easy to see segmented shapes and I still managed to use 'slotted' type mini-NCU.

Let me know what you think, Cheers!
    The last one is much better than the previous "slug" type. I approve
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Lets keep Yutto technology and cyborg/xan technology separate. I dont think they should be based off one another.
    Yuttos is SL tech, and SL tech is based on Xan tech. What DB finds in the Xan ruins in the outzone (LoX) thus is also SL tech.

In LoX, you don't use RK stims, you use SL coils. The link is there.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Yuttos is SL tech, and SL tech is based on Xan tech. What DB finds in the Xan ruins in the outzone (LoX) thus is also SL tech.

In LoX, you don't use RK stims, you use SL coils. The link is there.
    Yes. But Yuttos made the NCU, thus making it Yutto related that suits the Yutto. What it looks like doc is doing is deriving the idea of the Yutto NCU to the DB NCUs there needs to be a dissimilarity rather than making it look like some fungus has grown on regular Yutto NCU.

This new icon looks like a piece of crap, literally.

In fact, these last 3 sets of icons look like insects and crabs.
    Last edited by MachSchau; Aug 11th, 2010 at 00:07:03.

I don't think the latest set of icons are poorly done, but I think they don't accurately represent NCU chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

What was best about the first set of DB ncus doc did was that you could tell what tier they were and it looked like a container for NCU. These new ones dont.

I still like the first ones best.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

I actually kind of like the newest version of the Xan NCU mems though if possible making the cell slots slightly larger to better distinguish which ones have cells in them might be useful. I also think that a color change may be in order. Not sure what it should be really but these feel more like something the Dust Brigade would manufacture as opposed to Xan tech with this color.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

It looks like a piece of food that a dog threw up. Change the color scheme so its looks something a cyborg fiddled with, more metal? Looks too organic, like something the Beast would drop.
    Cyborgs had nothing to do with them, though.

Yes. But Yuttos made the NCU, thus making it Yutto related that suits the Yutto. What it looks like doc is doing is deriving the idea of the Yutto NCU to the DB NCUs there needs to be a dissimilarity rather than making it look like some fungus has grown on regular Yutto NCU.

This new icon looks like a piece of crap, literally.

In fact, these last 3 sets of icons look like insects and crabs.
    No, like I said in a previous post, the Yutto NCUs are "Yuttos modified NCU" thus meaning an NCU modified by yuttos, not made by yuttos and modified.
    The Red Brotherhood

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ion_Sample.jpg

This is the image I used as a reference to make the new NCU, I wanted it to fit the AO look and style. Funcom has not made any wallpapers or any 'Xan' artwork that I could find to use as a reference. Every item I know of that goes into a 'Belt' has different shapes.. if you limit your minds to the traditional RK NCU, then the deck range increasers, nano compilers, the yuttos ncu, and many other things do not look like that would 'fit' in the standard RK belt slot. I didn't start the offshoot of design, I'm trying to fit the 'eclectic' style currently in-game. The 'Continuity Demon' inside me thinks ALL the NCU in game needs to be redone to make more sense. You can't take a 'circuit board' and plug it into a vacume tube slot, and you can't make a square peg fit a round hole. But that's the way things work in AO..

/vent mode ON

Oh, and saying the color doesn't fit is a useless comment, tell me WHAT COLOR you think would be 'Xan-ish' The only real consistancy in AO icons is the alien items most are greenish.

Oh, and a reminder, icons are supposed to let you identify items at a glance, these ncu happen to be able to have 6 mini-ncu inserted into them. I'm trying to make it so that when you look at it you can tell first which type (the color of the glow) and how many mini-ncu are currently inserted. ( the glowing slots ).

Keep the feedback coming, but please, be more constructive in the feedback. Telling me what 'You' think the icon looks like is subjective, and every person will see something different. You might see a pile of cow dung, but the guy beside you thinks it looks like jello pudding, and the guy beside him a chocolate bar.

You're a tough crowd to please, and you make it harder for me when your feedback has no guidance attached.

/vent mode off

Cheers!

Well, since we have nanotechnology in AO, every interface is compatible as the interface will just remold itself to fit
    The Red Brotherhood

Newest Update.. I added a blue-ish glow reflection to the metal.. I think this one works..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample4.jpg

Cheers!

Very nice and xan-like

The yuttos ncu i've always though of as fat-looking piece of ncu, for some reason i though of a blue butterfly larvae when i first saw it in game
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Newest Update.. I added a blue-ish glow reflection to the metal.. I think this one works..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample4.jpg

Cheers!
    Very pretty... Shiny. I want a set now.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast