Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1329

Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Just so you know I am alive, I'll post a PM I got and my reply so that all know where I am at..

Hi, are you still updating old re-used icons? I have been noticing that the new icons being introduced are for new items in general. Stuff like rings and various trade skill items still seem to be using re-used icons.

I was wondering if your attention is being focused on new icons/items, nano icons or you have slowed down/not as active due to RL stuff. Or maybe its because you are unaware of what needs to be changed. Either way, I was just wondering and I think you are doing a great job.
    Hi, thanks for the message. I still make icons, but am busy with other non-AO related stuff atm. The dev team has all my contact info and they can (and do) contact me if they have new icon needs. I will get back to replacing redundant icons soon. It's not my Highest priority atm. Sorry, but i do this in my spare time and for free. That said, I would appreciate any help finding duplicate icons. if you know of some, please post them in my thread, I do keep an eye on this thread and add stuff I see to my 2-do list. I might not get around to i instantly, but I will get around to it.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

I totally dig the new icons (think I've mentioned it before lol), and here's 2 more suggestions for updating:

Smart Backpack
    Personal Backpack

Right now they have the same icons as Small and Personal backpacks.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

"Karma Harvest" nano icon looks the same as "Insight into the Shadowlands" and "Overview of XXX".
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    "Karma Harvest" nano icon looks the same as "Insight into the Shadowlands" and "Overview of XXX".
    Probably because it is...

Docaholic is just making new icons. It's up to the devs to make sure the items use unique resource IDs.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Apr 5th, 2012 at 20:34:47.
    Because Race Yalm

Think you can make a different icon for Beeping Backpack? I ended up deleting it when I cleaned my bank a few days ago because I thought it was an empty medium backpack from shop
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Hi, thanks for the message. I still make icons, but am busy with other non-AO related stuff atm. The dev team has all my contact info and they can (and do) contact me if they have new icon needs. I will get back to replacing redundant icons soon. It's not my Highest priority atm. Sorry, but i do this in my spare time and for free. That said, I would appreciate any help finding duplicate icons. if you know of some, please post them in my thread, I do keep an eye on this thread and add stuff I see to my 2-do list. I might not get around to i instantly, but I will get around to it.

Cheers!
    Be careful what you ask for ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30286782/all_items_index.ods
    ... Open Office spreadsheet, also opens in Libre Office. If you prefer a different format, I can convert it easily enough.
    ... its' pre-sorted according to the Icon column. Anything with the same number is sharing its' icon with something else.
    ... current as of today (Monday, April 23rd, 2012).

I should note that the spreadsheet is essentially a raw data file with some sorting. I'm willing to filter it, but I don't know how you'd like it filtered. I'm going to be removing the rows that are already using unique icons ... what else would you like me to remove to make it easier for you?

Vhab suggested removing the implants and symbiants (and the maps). Anything else you want filtered out?
    Last edited by sunrunner5; Apr 23rd, 2012 at 23:40:31.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrunner5 View Post

Vhab suggested removing the implants and symbiants (and the maps). Anything else you want filtered out?
    Maps could use similiar treatment to types. Or reworking it entirely to one general map.

Nano crystals might be way too much work, if you don't want to change them to icons with something...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Maps could use similiar treatment to types. Or reworking it entirely to one general map.

Nano crystals might be way too much work, if you don't want to change them to icons with something...
    Map Navigation is being removed from the game as far as I remember. It's possible they will upload all maps and upgrades to all characters and new characters will start with them all already active.

Thus... Maps icons, will be gone, maybe the icon could be used for another item?
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Map Navigation is being removed from the game as far as I remember. It's possible they will upload all maps and upgrades to all characters and new characters will start with them all already active.

Thus... Maps icons, will be gone, maybe the icon could be used for another item?
    But it is the icon of a map ! Oh wait...
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Can you take a look at some of the icons for many of the SL perk specials? Most of them look almost exactly the same. It would be nice if perks in a single perk chain had a similar look but were, at the same time, distinguishable.. perhaps by an increase in shade/color value as you got higher in the perk line.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 5th, 2012 at 17:26:27.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Hi All, it's been a while, but I'm back, here is a sneak peek at some more new icons heading in game-soon(tm) Care to guess what the first items at the top of the left backpack are? LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oks_Plus10.png

Cheers!

Funcom employee

WOooow!
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Hi All, it's been a while, but I'm back, here is a sneak peek at some more new icons heading in game-soon(tm) Care to guess what the first items at the top of the left backpack are? LoL

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oks_Plus10.png

Cheers!
    Recall Beacons!

The others seem to be... parts of the specialization books (SL) and/or the books that drops in totw.

The books are clearly specializations, just read the titles

Anything in the first backpack, I have no clue :x

I love all the work, just one request,

Keep it scifi-based, when i first looked at the totem of Baton I got a bit of a WoW-feeling.

Then again, updated icons in this game is better then nothing, so keep it up!

Thumps up.

The Book of Insignificant Rituals and Teachings of the Immortal One share the same icon.

pardon the interruption.. what the heck is a "Totem of Baton". I can't fix things that are not in-game, or on any of my dev lists. Did you mean the totem icon in wow reminded you of a crat baton nano in AO?

pic plax.. I'd like to see what icon you are talking about.

Thanks

pardon the interruption.. what the heck is a "Totem of Baton". I can't fix things that are not in-game, or on any of my dev lists. Did you mean the totem icon in wow reminded you of a crat baton nano in AO?

pic plax.. I'd like to see what icon you are talking about.

Thanks
    I think he is talking about the icon for the Crat Baton nano...it does look like a Totem pole
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Torque of Citizenship and Pure Novictum Ring for the XXXXXX Unit share the same icon.

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast