Thread: Nano Soldiers

Cool Nano Soldiers

Since Nanomages are known to be low hp and are resolved to needing higher quality defensive skills. First Primarily an Enhancement to one or both of the breed genomes eliminating the enormous Notum shield tick, enhancing the landing of sword as well as increasing its effectivness.

Since Nanomages are masters of nano element itself, Notum Resistance should also be added as a base attribute to both genomes while simultaneously causing a diminishing return in concert with Notum Repulsor. This would be a big plus for all Nanomage soldiers who are more susceptible to a combination NT Double and Tripple, because the attacks slice through any major shield and go to direct damage in high doses that other breeds are far more able to withstand a few more hits. Also I would reference trader's ability to cast Plunder Skills (Nanite Improved) and others nano skill debuffs which are devastating to a breed that already doesn't have trickle into Weapon enhancement skills, Borrow Reflect creates an almost impossible win scenario for a breed 100% reliant on reflective skills. Abolish Polonium robs whatever is left of the targets remaining defense into an ridiculous state where in a fight even fighting naked with a gun would be just as effective. Also another major nemesis for a soldier that is 2x as bad for a Nanomage, is a Engineer running Null Space Disruptor, which almost completely eliminates defenses and brings the fight right back down to how much hp the target has, as explained with the Nano Technician, and Trader professions. What I am asking for is a defense that bridges the gap of lackluster Nanomage Hitpoints when it comes to professions that can completely bypass standard defensive reflective and AC's of a soldier armor and nano's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    Since Nanomages are known to be low hp and are resolved to needing higher quality defensive skills. First Primarily an Enhancement to one or both of the breed genomes eliminating the enormous Notum shield tick, enhancing the landing of sword as well as increasing its effectivness.

Since Nanomages are masters of nano element itself, Notum Resistance should also be added as a base attribute to both genomes while simultaneously causing a diminishing return in concert with Notum Repulsor. This would be a big plus for all Nanomage soldiers who are more susceptible to a combination NT Double and Tripple, because the attacks slice through any major shield and go to direct damage in high doses that other breeds are far more able to withstand a few more hits. Also I would reference trader's ability to cast Plunder Skills (Nanite Improved) and others nano skill debuffs which are devastating to a breed that already doesn't have trickle into Weapon enhancement skills, Borrow Reflect creates an almost impossible win scenario for a breed 100% reliant on reflective skills. Abolish Polonium robs whatever is left of the targets remaining defense into an ridiculous state where in a fight even fighting naked with a gun would be just as effective. Also another major nemesis for a soldier that is 2x as bad for a Nanomage, is a Engineer running Null Space Disruptor, which almost completely eliminates defenses and brings the fight right back down to how much hp the target has, as explained with the Nano Technician, and Trader professions. What I am asking for is a defense that bridges the gap of lackluster Nanomage Hitpoints when it comes to professions that can completely bypass standard defensive reflective and AC's of a soldier armor and nano's.
    What i see here is you are simply listing all the weaknesses of the soldier, not weaknesses of the nanomage. all soldiers, regardless of breed all suffer from these professions. giving only nanomage these enhancements because you are a nanomage is wrong. If you want to increase defences from these professions, as for point of view of a soldier, not of a nanomage.

For changes on nanos such as BR, im all for some changes, it should take the reflect % of wat the soldier has, not 100% reflects for 30 secs.

Doubles and triples are also ok at this point, it bypasses you defences, but as a soldier you have the tools to still get large amounts of hp, even as nanomage you can still get large hp. althought a bit one sided its not as crazy as what the borrow reflect is. Means has said that NT nukes will be looked at, so maybe it will work out

engineers reflect ripper is also not that op on its own, (it removes 49% leaving you with 35-40% still, so you are basically back to PNS % reflects, which isnt that bad, its still decent) but in combination with the special blockers is what makes engi strong against soldier. strong not unbeatable, id suggest you kite, try and stay out of range, and target the dog while kiting. Engineers hate having to recast and rebuff, targetting the dog can make an engineer very unhappy rather quickly.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

If that's a compensation nano soldiers have an absorb tool, and will have a damage to nano perk. Both can be used on shutdown so TL7 nano soldiers may be a lot better then you expect.
    Edit: If I read right notum shield is a one time hit to your nanopool.

Also that's you master of technology you asked.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Breed should always be a factor when making your character and I would love to see a stronger effect from them by increasing the effect of their trickle downs and increasing the penalties at the same time.

but as I say that I also say there should not be just a single choice for a profession, the breed choice should effect the choice of how you want to play it, for example soldier, atrox would be for those that want to build their soldier to be slower then average (including specials) but high regular damage and high health and tanking ability, opifex should be the high evader and fast soldier (including specials) dealing less damage with there attacks at a faster rate and being able to evade and move into combat swiftly, nanomage should be the nanomaster allowing easy use of all the nano's allowing sacrifice of nano buffing gear such as implants for more combat orientated equipment to make up for their natural low damage, solitus would be your jack of all trades no real advantage except for the fact they have no real disadvantage.

Of course there will always be one breed thats clearly less attractive then the others (in this example the nanomage probably least effective soldier) and sometimes one thats more (enforcer and atrox is always a no brainer) but they should all be valid options and define how your character will be.

1) nanomage genome perks are being reworked, incase you hadn't noticed you will get a 10%(i think) damage to nano shield always with a perk that gives another 25%(?). coupled with nanomage coon i would say that is more than enough of a benifit to be a nm.

do they need nr on the genomes? no suddenly you would need to add skills to every genome, you can get nr via other means.

infact after the purposed genome changes i would think nm is a better choice for alot of profs.

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    1) nanomage genome perks are being reworked, incase you hadn't noticed you will get a 10%(i think) damage to nano shield always with a perk that gives another 25%(?). coupled with nanomage coon i would say that is more than enough of a benifit to be a nm.

do they need nr on the genomes? no suddenly you would need to add skills to every genome, you can get nr via other means.

infact after the purposed genome changes i would think nm is a better choice for alot of profs.
    Link me to this information please.

Balance Documentation sticky at the top...

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

Quote Originally Posted by Xzeepo View Post
    Balance Documentation sticky at the top...
    My mistake, I don't get much time to read the forums, or play the game rather, I would have to say I do like the possible changes.