Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix the agent profession and put it in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschools View Post
    I hear what you are saying but if an agent could for exmple cast top wolf morph and BOL while in FP adv they would essentially BE an adventurer minus SL perks but having agent DD perks and AS support. I mean as far as really good adventurer nanos go, OP just asked for all of them.

Im sure you'd love to be able to run around with a ruse of tharen'd top wolf, spamming BOL while olbiterating people with your DD. Add aventure root/snare resist, inferno map for nano resist, preception buff etc and its too strong.
    Advys don't have AS support?

We don't have the evades, runspeed, epic perks, etc. to actually make us as good as an Advy. At all. You seriously must realize that casting BoL and a better Wolf nano does not make us an Advy or even in the same league as an Advy. It just gives us some reason to move away from Mimic Doctor by giving us more defensive nanos to cast.

You cannot balance FP around the idea of "well that's the top nano in my line so you can't have it Agents." You have to look beyond that and really think, will this OP agents? Will this make Agents as good as the real profession here? I seriously doubt that an Agent with the top wolf and BoL is going to hold even a fighting chance in situations where the Advy would come out at full HP.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschools View Post
    spamming BOL while olbiterating people with your DD. Add aventure root/snare resist, inferno map for nano resist, preception buff etc and its too strong.
    You forgot we will get coon and acrobat and sd under fp advy and we will olbiterate even more people! Ofcourse it wouldn't be complete without heal perks and instant heals so we 'll get those too and we will rule the um olbiteration of people.

The OSB'able stuff should be full access as it has always been for the most part.

Only CH has disbalanced things and agent is really the best, genious class ever invented in an mmo. Think about stare, who would want agent to fp adv for 200 perception instead of rrfe, so whats the point with adding stuff thats not gonna be used anyway (altho is ok to buff a scope on in some odd scenario or something similar).

Therefore the 600 buff should be added to agent as is top rk line.

Same with sl-speed line, we can have gsf and not the high sl-speed? Logic please.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 21st, 2009 at 04:51:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well the skillock mod, crit decrease and aad actually make ICRT a hidden and under appreciated gem as far as PvP and PvM goes. I did actually agree with you with BoL, as I said my only "concern" if you can call it that, is a pretender being able to use the top nanos in each line.

For example, I don't see why Agents can't use the old Heroic Measures speech aura. With the old top Malaise, Normalised Red Tape etc, surely FP Crat would start to become viable too? I'd actually like to have to learn various ways of dropping an Agent, instead of knowing that I have to debuff inits/kill in ~8s that fits all TL7 Agents now.

I'll probably need an asbestos suit for this comment, but I also don't see a reason why Agents shouldn't be able to FP NT, have FP NT self modify a cyberdeck being equipped and opening up access to the lower NR debuffs and either Notum or Jobe Double. Double mind, not Triple, given you'll still have AS. This would also make Soldiers have to do more than just RI+pewpew where Agents are concerned. FP NT already gives you access to our NR buff (as highly crappy as it is, but couple that with the Crat NR aura then TP to NT maybe?)

But that's just me. I like the idea of Agents being decent killers with a highly varied toolset, instead of 10 mimics that are useless for long term use and only a couple useful for buffing then TPing to Doc.
    This above is why I became an agent. More timely updates to nanos available to agents (sometime near the intro. of new nanos for a given profession) would constantly keep the agent profession evolving and interesting to play. Balance would have to be preserved, but that kind of challenge seems to be the type that FC has been willing to commit itself to with the current proposed changes.

Although Mimic is our unique toolset, through discussion, there must be some way to maintain the uniqueness of other professions without either forcing all other professions into perk toolsets or barring an inordinate amount of nanos from Agents. Boss calms would be a perfect example of something I doubt most Agents would expect; similarly, every class has some defining nanos that, although not entirely necessary for the profession to function, defines the *feel* of that profession. Other examples would be Comp. Mochams (I think the total buff should be limited to 1 level below max [140 currently], I see no reason for any more/less restriction), or ICRT (It's just a badass nano), or high level SWS.

These top nanos per profession aside, I'd think this would be a perfect solution to debuffs unintentionally wrecking Agents more than the originally intended target, as we can simply go to another profession, as in theory all professions would be viable. That way, the actual professions can get perk/nano based defenses, but those don't have to be given to Agents immediately either to keep with the spirit of keeping a real profession above a copycat.

My view of Agents was to fill gaps in teams when a real profession isn't around. Such as reflects on RK, or calms wherever, etc. We don't do anything as well (for the most part), but we can at least do it. In pvp, we can also fill the gaps when it comes to the rock/paper/scissors mechanics. We would never be as good as a particular profession, but in a pinch we can help our side handle it when the opposing side has too many rocks and we're all scissors. I see that as being consistent with our pvm role.
    Last edited by saryth; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 06:19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Casting CM8 is only bolstering my toolset, not taking from yours. Don't be so stingy Klod. It's not good for your blood pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Having an Agent and an MP, as well as a Number of MP friends, I support Agents getting access to Composite Mochams, even up to the 8 Hour version.

Why?
    We can get it cast on us as it is, Mimic MP is pretty useless at end game and Composite Mochams would make it somewhat more useful.

Costs?
    Agents get spammed for CM8 in the future saving MP's some hassle as they will get bothered less.

Benefits?
    Mp's get asked for CM8 less since Agents are being bothered for it.
    Agents don't need to bother MP's for CM8 any more.

Bigger Picture?
    There is really no harm in letting Agents get CM8, other than annoying people who are being greedy and selfish over what they consider to be their toolset. I can live with that.
    No.

Can I have your TTS? There is really no harm in letting me have it as a part of my toolset.

P.S.
    My blood pressure is fine. -How is yours?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Can I have your TTS? There is really no harm in letting me have it as a part of my toolset.
    Sure, roll an Agent, otherwise using other peoples tools isn't a part of your toolset.

I will happily cast TTS on you though, and I'd be willing to cast it on your pets as well if the mechanics allowed it.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Martial Artist
    Greater Kyudo: +40 Bow, +40 Aimed Shot.

For those alternate setups with bow weapons that might pop up with the changes on our perks.
    Um, you are aware this nano is a quest reward for MAs that do the Scheol Quest, right? So, I don't see Agents getting this any time soon....or ever.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    Um, you are aware this nano is a quest reward for MAs that do the Scheol Quest, right? So, I don't see Agents getting this any time soon....or ever.
    I'll direct you to the Agent profession forums for a look into why Agents should not be limited from using Quest nanos merely based on how they are obtained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    No.

P.S.
    My blood pressure is fine. -How is yours?
    Well, my toolset involves casting your nanos. So no, you can't have my TTS but I CAN have your CM8. It's part of the profession distinctions.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Empowered Reactive Harmonic Cocoon: 24% Reflect Aura for you and your team, works in SL.
    4 hour 24% reflect easily cast at 185, good luck getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailana View Post
    4 hour 24% reflect easily cast at 185, good luck getting that.
    What's overpowered about less reflects than we can already buff ourselves and our team?

This is only useful in SL, as if PvP happens there
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

the post is long, i read the first lines of it and got stuck at :
    "-Right now the nano Improved Gnat's Wing is useless in PvP due to the 8 seconds recharge time it has, adding 8 seconds more to the time the agent has to spend on nano recharge is practically a suicide, I'd like to see this being useful too in PvP so I propose to make the Improved Gnat's Wing line just like the Concentration line, no attack time, no recharge time and casteable while in sneak (without being de-sneaked)."
    I will read more of it soon, but... Igw I do use in PvP, with various consequences, usually just before CS so, if CS lands, the recharge time for the nano is eaten in the stun, the perk has more chances to land, and during stun one has more chances for a crit and more dmg on hits. If CS does not land I am in the ...... and i usually run
    What is puzzling me with the agent prof is the lack of balance for aad/aao. If you go aad, some nanos (like phase 4) tend to become useless (for you will really sacrifice aad with -aad nanos and items), if you go aad you cannot perk anymore and still you get perked and debuffed from everywhere even with a lot of NR.
    In the end it makes agent a funny prof for sneaky pvp, but rather hard prof for duels, even with the proper TP chain.
    "Jadis si je me souviens bien, la vie était un festin, où s'ouvraient tous les coeurs, où tous les vins coulaient..."

Less support-hybridisation, and more overhauls of the agent-unique repetoir is my wish

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Less support-hybridisation, and more overhauls of the agent-unique repetoir is my wish
    Translation:

Don't work on their only truly unique toolset, Mimic.

Work on their uniqueness which everyone else has: DoT's, Snares, Roots, Detaunts, Damage, Concealment, Rifle, Crit, Runspeed, or the one other unique thing Agents have: Lack of Defence!!!!!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Maybe slightly biased here, but having 2 agents myself (low and mid)
    and meeting many agents in low-mid-high lvl pvp:
    in my experience agents don't need any boost atm in pvp in any lvl range, on the contrary.
    If there is going to be heal nerf, then maybe some of the suggestions given here could be needed
    for high range, middle & low will still be more than ok.
    however, before the heal nerf (if there is one) goes live..we're all just guessing.

Pvm, well..that's another topic. Agent does 'ok' in pvm. Does it need improvement? Not necessarily.
    Last edited by Zadamm; Dec 27th, 2009 at 21:58:32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12