Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About MPs

About MPs

Things *I* would like to see adressed about MPs:

-Our damage should be increased by a fair amount, I don't think we should do as much dmg as Crats (just to give an example here) do but currently we're definitely dealing not enough damage to be considered as a valuable option when it comes to pure damage.
    I don't mind if we get more damage via nukes to support our pets or if our pets get improved.

-Our top pet should get higher ACs and more HP, it really tends to break just from being looked onto.

-Our healpet should be able to heal more (talking about the top pet here, too). Like increase the average healing by 300.

I'm very well aware that many people will think otherwise, it's just what *I* feel would be right for this profession. I hope that everyone in here can help to get a real discussion running without flames. That way we actually might end up with suggestions worth being considered.

My suggestions above are just some ideas to get started with, there are so many ways in AO to buff (or nerf) professions. In no way the MP profession should end up as totally overpowered, it should just get a bit love at it's bad ends so that it can keep up with other professions.

Not bothered about od'ing crats or engi's for that matter, even though a few years back we did comparable dmg to an Engi, things just progress differantly.

Just would be nice that we didnt go instant splat if I dont run around self buffing blockers
    Still here

I wouldn't mind a dd boost, but mp damage is pretty good if you just work on it instead of going /pet attack /afk.

There's plenty of other things I think has higher priority than this, like heal/mezz pet updates, making mp debuffs more useful in pvm, ss rework etc...

First up, peek out the latest perk changes as to what's coming to MPs. Pet DD is going up about 300 points or more per hit, good start, and MP personal healing is amplified by a factor of at least 4 (perk healing only, not healpet yet). Corily and I are working to get new healpets, as well as percentage healing added, to the best of our ability.

The big problem when it comes to Rihwen and survivability isn't that it can't take a hit. It's got 55k HP with over 20k ACs, more than any other pet, it can TAKE a few hits, but we can't HEAL those hits with what we have on hand for pet healing capabilities. Healthy Manfiestation on Riwhen is a 600 HoT every 5 seconds, not bad but when incoming hits are 3k or more every 2 seconds or so, you can see how this doesn't add up to a happy healthy pet. Add in Morti's 1.2-1.6k healing at that level and it's more of a wonder anyone solos anything in Inferno.

The good news is that with perk changes already incoming MPs are looking to have their own damage upped by quite a bit. Starfall being tweaked to have better damage for the first 2 actions, our own lines improving by leaps and bounds, this isn't bad news for us at all.

How about increasing our pet hot? That way our pet would last much longer but on the other hand we wouldn't have too strong heals for ourselves on BS.

I would sure like to see a couple things happen with MPs, perhaps in addition to what was mentioned:

1) something that makes a MP a desirable prof to recruit for a inf and apf team... mezz pet basically useless for crowd control at these levels, and it seems to me that the ability to calm mobs would be both in keeping with MP-character and be quite helpful in a team or solo. What if pet cast a crat-like calm with a duration, and could then re-target and calm other mobs?

2) with all the SL/AI symbs, perklines and LE research, MP's biggest asset of +nano skills has become rather unimportant, especially at higher levels. Its not unusual to find in a small raidforce of 12 ppl, only one person ask for CM or CI, and even then its not like they coundn't have done fine without it using next lower buffs. Point being, one of MP's biggest assests has been negated by an evolving game...

3) How about a short duration pet action called "Sacrifice" where attack pet would essentially steal aggro from tank, doc, self, anyone and serve as nice last ditch save in team or solo?

Anyway, just a few ideas... MPs are by far the best alt-babysitters there, I just wish I didn't feel like a 130 doc LF sympathy spot on ado hecks team when I'm 210...
    Blakvelvet: 220 MP, Blakpainl: 174 Fixer, Blakheals: 220 Doctor, Blaktank: 150 Enfo

"If you can't laugh at yourself, someone will always be glad to do it for you.." =)

This might sound like a crazy idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow:

Why not make the Mezz pet have an AoE Mezz, rather than single target, making it better for crowd control rather than just effecting a single target, should increase it's effectiveness for teams and raids significantly and since the mezz prevents fighting, and doesn't actually detaunt, it would be immensely useful for helping tanks survive better without messing up their aggro management.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

It would be a nice change if the nano that the Mezz Pet casts lasts like a Crats Calm. That way an awake MP could effectively calm a group of mobs
    It's occured to me a few times over time but i've just got around to writing it down. At least this way MP's would get a semi-reliable CC tool that might make them more useful in both solo & to grouping.
    An idea at least I guess
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    This might sound like a crazy idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow:

Why not make the Mezz pet have an AoE Mezz, rather than single target, making it better for crowd control rather than just effecting a single target, should increase it's effectiveness for teams and raids significantly and since the mezz prevents fighting, and doesn't actually detaunt, it would be immensely useful for helping tanks survive better without messing up their aggro management.
    its been suggested many times over the years.

(along with AOE heal for healpet, team heal pet, etc).

(oh, and aoe damage pet... but that idea is the origins of that Sacrificial Shielding nano..)

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I'd rather have a pet that can mezz 1 mob properly than a pet that sortof "mezzes" a whole bunch, i.e. rather get 1 mob off me so I can use healkits or open chests than several keeping aggro on me...

Bump!

The MP forums have a lot of great suggestions on the future of MPs, it would be nice if people read them

The future of Heal pets?

Main attack pet suggestions

Creation weapons - need love, especially if you can't duel them with normal weapons

And so on.

Discussions over MP PvP are usually limited to: "Can't perk many people, messy (pets constantly not available) and unless you turtle, short".

Serious bump for MP love, both PvE and PvP.

I look through this thread and only see repeats and "new" ideas that have been discussed, debated, dismissed, then re-thought of. If you guys really have ideas you want to post please read through the MP forum and add on the current ideas, cause you'll probably find a more thought out version of yours already being argued over.

Besides, we have the best cookies on the forums in there.
    220/26/69 MP - Sunfyrre
    220/19/55 MA - Sunfyrex
    220/21/57 Doc - Starxx
    220/20/56 Eng - Starfyrre

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    mezz pet updates
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakshadow View Post
    1) something that makes a MP a desirable prof to recruit for a inf and apf team... mezz pet basically useless for crowd control at these levels, and it seems to me that the ability to calm mobs would be both in keeping with MP-character and be quite helpful in a team or solo. What if pet cast a crat-like calm with a duration, and could then re-target and calm other mobs?
    Why not make the Mezz pet have an AoE Mezz, rather than single target
    Quote Originally Posted by mettagirl View Post
    It would be a nice change if the nano that the Mezz Pet casts lasts like a Crats Calm. That way an awake MP could effectively calm a group of mobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzarin View Post
    I'd rather have a pet that can mezz 1 mob properly
    Damn it guys...Funcom is going to see this and fix our mezz pets and call us good. We need so much more work than that!

FC have said they'll rebuild pets to balance them better against players - so you're likely to see much better landing rates all round, whatever happens. That should apply to both attack pet and mez pet types.

Also present Mez pet proposal from FC is that the line will be split up to make a "Utility Pet" line. There will be several different types of utility pet, each type having different debuff effects in the direction of mezz, snare, skill reduction, etc..,

X

Heh yeah my main concern is the utter uselessness of the mezzpet. I mean come on, single target breakable stun in pvm, that takes ages to land? And root in pvp that not only takes ages to land, it also lands on 10th cast? Not to mention that it doesn't land on aliens, bosses and all the other sh*t load of mobs that are immune to calms.

I'd rather have either an unbreakable root with the same cast time/NR check or the breakable "mezz" but with instant cast time.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

I would rather have another damage dealing pet, with some debuff procs in place of mezz pet.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I would rather have another damage dealing pet, with some debuff procs in place of mezz pet.
    In short, you want the Ravening M-60?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    In short, you want the Ravening M-60?
    No. Details are on MP forum.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I think what MP need is some upgraded evade buffs. upgraded dominates that can actually stop people from casting stuff, dubble the debuff but halfen the duration would be a nice compromise. extended nukeline, upgraded dmg debuffs that would debuff a big amount for a short period ex -1400 dmg for tl7 -500dmg for tl5 for 20 second

i also hope we get some sort of root or snare, preferably snare pet (does not break on dmg)insted of mezz pet, so its also usefull in pvp
    pets are totally useless against running targets
    Last edited by msbish; Apr 25th, 2010 at 20:59:23.

Quote Originally Posted by msbish View Post
    I think what MP need is some upgraded evade buffs. upgraded dominates that can actually stop people from casting stuff, dubble the debuff but halfen the duration would be a nice compromise. extended nukeline, upgraded dmg debuffs that would debuff a big amount for a short period ex -1400 dmg for tl7 -500dmg for tl5 for 20 second

i also hope we get some sort of root or snare, preferably snare pet (does not break on dmg)insted of mezz pet, so its also usefull in pvp
    pets are totally useless against running targets
    Dominates are already a pain, anymore power to them and they need to be removable. Even if Dominates don't outright stop a nano cast, (with a number of professions though, they do) they still affect nano AR sufficiently enough. If you want an actual disabling of casting that's what NSD is for.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast