Thread: Easy fix to Hot Swapping.

Easy fix to Hot Swapping.

Here's just about the easiest fix I have ever thought of.

Make every profession, no be able to equip a weapon, WHILE perks, OR nano cast's have completed.

So it would be kind of like this for example.

Attacking target...
    You hit target for 1020 damage.
    *Pushing Perks*
    While perks are going.
    *You try to Hot Swap*
    Can't swap weapons in between perks or nano cast/recharge.
    /v KEK
    *Perks are done landing.*
    You hit target with 6412 Burst Damage.
    You hit target with 8635 Full Auto damage.
    -That's how it would be.

Instead of this:

You hit target for 1020 damage.
    *Pushing perks*
    While perks are going.
    *You press Hot Swap*
    *Perks start hitting*
    You hit target for 6000 Burst damage.
    You hit Target for 8000 Full Auto damage.
    *Perks go off*
    Hot Swap, swaps.
    You hit target for 8000 Aimed Shot damage.
    You gained 104 solo score!
    ----

That would not nerf casting times OR have to change perks.
    This would simply allow Hot Swapping to be faded out, and seen as a bad idea.

Still, the problem remains with Fixers.
    Using the Craphander, and the Xan weps, is still to over powered.

Although the Craphander is mostly balanced, it still has an AS recharge of 11 secs if you have enough Aimed Shot skill. Could maybe look at taking out Fling Shot on the Craphander.
    To be honest. There isn't really anything to change about fixers having the Craphander and a SMG. They have to spend the IP for it, and the skill is dark blue as it is.
    The only thing I can suggest is, make the requirements to the Craphander more harder to get on. But, even then. It shuts out TL 5's from using it.

I don't know, a smarter mind than me will have to figure that one out! :P

Thoughts on the hotswap please.

220/70/30 Advy in progress - Fizzeh
    Current: 205/4/7

Also, may I say. Is it really needed that FunCom merge the timers? I don't think that it is needed at all. If you put in enough IP into swapping a wep, then by golly, you better be able to use it if you need to.

I don't see the balance to this. It' seems as though, Agents do not use MR, AS, Perks, SA anymore. Shade's don't really use MR, Perks, SA, AS anymore. Advy's Don't use MR, Perks, SA, AS anymore.

Very few people do that, because for one, there's more they could be doing than, to just have another attack that caps.

Also, to share a little tid bit. If anything need's to be fixed in the Special's department. Sneak Attack, should be lowered as a recharge. Why do agent's get to use a wicked alpha, and have a 11 second cap recharge. I am not saying that SA should be 11 second cap. I am saying, for higher SA skills, make SA shorter recharge by 5-7 seconds. Making it, something like 17 - 22 second recharge.

Or they could fix being able to shoot with special attacks while swapping, so there will be some time between the AS from one weapon and the Burst/FA from the next weapon.

That is exactly what you would call a merge. lol.

Seperating two attacks, and having them on a timer = merge.

Should they do the merge? Fine, won't effect me, as I don't play any professions that need to Hot Swap.

The profs that can hotswap the most effectively don't need to be executing perks to get several capped hits in a second or two. E.G. MA's (AS/SA/Dimach/Crit), or Agents (AS/SA/Dimach/Crit/Fling/FA/Burst). And the rest could simply use hotswapping as an opener or a finisher to perks (much like it's used right now anyways).

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Good point. I guess, what I was explaining, was for soldiers, never thought about MA's. lul