Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Bogged down by work and compulsory vehicle renovation this week :s Still hoping to update before the end of the week. We'll see how that goes.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Only skimmed over the first page so forgive me if I repeat some issues.

1) When morphed with wolf or sabre form you get an incredibly annoying "first-person" type view when running up hills. It makes traveling difficult at some times and even worse when pvping in rare instances.

2) You cannot reload both weapons at once, and after you Full Auto in a dual-wield setup it can cost you significant and needed time.

3) Capping control points in false profession under an agent suffers an extremely long time to cap a control point.

4) Init debuffs effect grafts, some perks, some procs, and MA attacks.

5) Heal pets will ignore /pet heal commands when outside a certain range of their target and possible out of line of sight.

6) Significant snaring almost always causes rubberbanding for me, im not sure about others but it is definately hard to deal with in Arid Rift. I get in melee range, the second snare hits, and I am rubberbanding outside of the range of the tower and have to walk to it. I suggest setting the minimum runspeed to walking speed, but some people argued hitting backspace was a skill so it was a bad idea...This also would prevent the side-ways strafing issue.

7) "You cannot perform this action while falling" when standing on a corner or edge. Very annoying since it happens a lot when in Battlestation around the control points.

Good enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    2) You cannot reload both weapons at once, and after you Full Auto in a dual-wield setup it can cost you significant and needed time.
    But aint this working as intended? I find it very reasonable you cannot reload two guns at the same time, how would you practically do that?

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    But aint this working as intended? I find it very reasonable you cannot reload two guns at the same time, how would you practically do that?
    Equilibrium

Anyways, in all seriousness I could care less about the viability of doing something like that simply because of the issues it causes that are more important. This is one of those times where "maybe its easy to do in the future" would be a good stance to take.

So, my issues are the problems caused by reloading itself.

Apparently the Keeper's Vitality description has a typo.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Zoning issue:

The shop near totw, that frigging door is a pain to get into.

Dunno if it got mentioned yet, 11 pages was a lot to read through, sorry.

Environment issue:

Cyborg hideout in PW, the complex at the helipad. Broken archway/doorway on the southern wall, you have to come into it at a 45 degree angle if you want to get through.
    Last edited by Dementek; Jun 6th, 2010 at 15:50:08.
    Kataklyzm
    Level 162/7 Clan NT
    THE AGP

Apparently GMS requiring two clicks to activate was fixed.

Edit: But not wholesomely.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Jun 6th, 2010 at 09:46:10.
    Ranged roxxorz!

- If you cast a nano and immediately begin moving, the animation (ie your character flailing their arms around) will [sometimes] be delayed until you stop moving.

- You [sometimes] can't use an item or nano while the above animation is in progress

These two things, in combination, makes weird stuff happen. If you cast, say, a phasefront vehicle, and immediately begin moving, the casting animation will end up completing after you de-yalm and stop moving. Often this cast animation interferes with something else you try to do, like using a garden key on the unredeemed statue near 10-3.

- It's almost impossible to run into the fair trade in Hope. The door just rubberbands you back 5m or so. However, you can easily fly into it in a flying vehicle. I think there's a low (half-meter tall or so) invisible obstruction in front of the door, and the new sync code catches that you're in an object and rubberbands you back out of it.

- I find it equally impossible to go anywhere in penumbra if I exit the garden without my shades on. Even after I put them on, I will continue to rubberband back to the statue after running 10 or 20 meters. If I exit the garden with shades on, I can move completely freely.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    ...and the new sync code catches that you're in an object and rubberbands you back out of it...
    Just like some objects in RK missions (ones that are part of PF) after this sync "fix". You get too close to it, server thinks you're inside it and warps you back to last valid location.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

• While zoning from SL to RK, game zooms out RK planet map for one notch (annoying, since I prefer to have it on "zoom in" level 3, while it moves it down to "zoom in" level 2)
    • Can't rotate your char with mouse, once you sit down. However, it's possible to do so via keyboard. Why?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Can't rotate your char with mouse, once you sit down. However, it's possible to do so via keyboard. Why?
    More so since you used to be able to, but it got changed (broken?) by a patch some time ago...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    • Can't rotate your char with mouse, once you sit down. However, it's possible to do so via keyboard. Why?
    I think this one also applies when rooted
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

If you press 'P' to open the planetmap, while your mouse cursor is inside where the map appears, then immediately try to left-click and drag the planetmap, the game doesn't yet register that your mouse is inside the planetmap, so instead it moves your camera view around.

If you make any motion of the mouse whatsoever between opening the planetmap and left-clicking, then it works properly.
    Last edited by Azza; Jun 11th, 2010 at 00:04:24.

Someone needs to take a serious look at the dialogue with Ergo in Nascense. He's a little more haywire than is really understandable .

I didn't see this one in the compiled posts...

When you reconnect after an LD to a char that is still loaded on the server (you get that timer window telling you that you can reconnect to the previous char or wait to get it logged off and relog properly), bonuses coming from various sources (most noticeably org city and tower contract bonuses) will not get re-applied properly or at all, resulting in missing several points in abilities and skills until you properly log off and back on (zoning usually also restores most of the missing bonuses, but not always and not always all of them).
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jun 13th, 2010 at 09:03:21.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    If you press 'P' to open the planetmap, while your mouse cursor is inside where the map appears, then immediately try to left-click and drag the planetmap, the game doesn't yet register that your mouse is inside the planetmap, so instead it moves your camera view around.

If you make any motion of the mouse whatsoever between opening the planetmap and left-clicking, then it works properly.
    This is actually an issue with any mouse interaction in the game.
    The client doesn't check what's under the pointer on a mouse click. It only does this when the mouse is moved (and possibly when you scroll the mouse wheel).
    It is quite noticeable when you use a laptop touchpad....
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

I will try to bring up this thread to a dev in an upcoming AOU Interview.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I've not read this whole topic, but...

When sitting you have to use keys to swivel around, been broken like that for some time now & it's realy anoying not being able to use the mouse as I do for all other movements.

When running using W and turning using D and also sidestepping using Z, I find I can't also jump, on any of my characters, but I can do it in the other direction.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    When running using W and turning using D and also sidestepping using Z, I find I can't also jump, on any of my characters, but I can do it in the other direction.
    This is more likely an issue with your keyboard than with the game. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29

I've had the same KB now for several years, there never used to be a problem, but then suddenly after a patch it started...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast