Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: make -every- debuffs ingame removable with VS

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    3450 AR in NR8 says trader gets perked, thats without umbrela or crat or advy auras
    And with what perks ? Because line with stun has Ranged energy as attack skills or burst. And burst skills or FA skills is not counted with attack rating.
    So there are only few attack perks (don't think AI perks will land) which can do something. Trader can be hardly killed with them....and his 11sec AS is flying around meanwhile.

Bump for working VS. You cannot be in fight anyway and have to sit.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    And with what perks ? Because line with stun has Ranged energy as attack skills or burst. And burst skills or FA skills is not counted with attack rating.
    So there are only few attack perks (don't think AI perks will land) which can do something. Trader can be hardly killed with them....and his 11sec AS is flying around meanwhile.

Bump for working VS. You cannot be in fight anyway and have to sit.

hum 3450 AR perks any trader that is self buffed (tracer checks 75% with full auto, easy) and then you can 100% run the other debuffs for another -500 dodge, at that point RE perks land just as easily as any other perks, its all about the debuffs, nothing more and nothing less

nevermind the fact that during this encounter they cannot nerf your AR, boost their aad or root you.

its only fair and not boosting anyone to have this happen, if anything it boosts the fun factor for -all- of us because we get less frustrated

I agree to the VS removing all effects... But also why not make the cooldown 2 minutes or a minute.

Something similar to the insignia in WoW breaks all effects on you every 2 minutes, however maybe it should require lower cooldown in AO would even like to see this down to 30 seconds cooldown, and less execution time.

i'm to balance debuffs better (traders, root/snares, init, etc ...) in effect/duration/targetlevel but against to make them all removable with a magic wand.

debump !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    i'm to balance debuffs better (traders, root/snares, init, etc ...) in effect/duration/targetlevel but against to make them all removable with a magic wand.

debump !

VS requires you to be out of combat, out of fight, doing nothing....debumping this only means you wanna keep people annoyed

there is NO reason UBT should be removable while the crat debuff isnt it....its nothing more than a design flaw

How about making the Ofab profession ring remove all hostile nano programs (not perks) from ones NCU. And putting it on a 2 minute cooldown use?

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzif View Post
    How about making the Ofab profession ring remove all hostile nano programs (not perks) from ones NCU. And putting it on a 2 minute cooldown use?

that would be a bit OP if you could use it in combat, im talking about when you are out of fight, you just killed say a crat or a fixer or MP, and you got like 5 debuffs running, which you cannot remove, which lasts 5-6 min :s its bad

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    debumping this only means you wanna keep people annoyed
    nop. read what i wrote : i'm for balance, not nerf. stop overhelm on people because they disagree.

for the particular debuff you mentionned, i agree that everything that shortens/removes UBT should shorten/remove the same nanoline including Crat's.

but what the topic is : "make -every- debuffs ingame removable with VS" => NOEZ !
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 24th, 2010 at 14:47:39.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    nop. read what i wrote : i'm for balance, not nerf. stop overhelm on people because they disagree.

for the particular debuff you mentionned, i agree that everything that shortens/removes UBT should shorten/remove the same nanoline including Crat's.

but what the topic is : "make -every- debuffs ingame removable with VS" => NOEZ !

soooo, making people able to remove those 6 min debuffs when we are OUTSIDE OF COMBAT is a nerf?

you are for balance yet dont want all debuffs removed the same way UBT is OUTSIDE OF COMBAT?

UBT can be removed, trader drains can be removed, but being able to remove say a -20 Psycho mod debuff that lasts 5 min is a nerf? i think you are confusing VS with a BS VS

you know you want it! im wondering if FC already has plans for this, it would make pvp so much smoother for alot of people

a mp running past my enf and disabling my most important nano casting *see heals* for 5 mins while he attacks someone else is a major flaw in the game.
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Quote Originally Posted by Enfizzle View Post
    a mp running past my enf and disabling my most important nano casting *see heals* for 5 mins while he attacks someone else is a major flaw in the game.
    There's one more flaw in this statement.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Without reading the whole thread, I have one suggestion as well:

All debuffs should terminate upon the death of the caster.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Without reading the whole thread, I have one suggestion as well:

All debuffs should terminate upon the death of the caster.
    No, that's a horrible idea. They should just have much lower duration, that's it. In this way, sacrifice of a debuffer would make no sense, while it should remain as a valid tactic.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I'd use a figurative term like oh, 30s, and no debuff/root/init debuff/nano drain/undress/headshot/hellokitty nano should last longer. Some should be balanced to last less than 30s. (this would affect pets too). This would force ppl to react to whats going on more.

Another concept is to have pvp armor that has -% debuff time on it (this would maybe be a bit too much like another game... like daily quests)

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    (this would maybe be a bit too much like another game... like daily quests)
    Hate to say it, but it has millions of subscribers and our playerbase shrinks daily. They're obviously doing something right. Eric Clapton and his friend were listening to the radio one day. A pop song came on and his friend changed the station. Eric turned it back and the guy said "Why do you want to listen to that crap?" and he replied "They're on the radio and we're not."
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Eric Clapton and his friend were listening to the radio one day. A pop song came on and his friend changed the station. Eric turned it back and the guy said "Why do you want to listen to that crap?" and he replied "They're on the radio and we're not."
    Some musicians are interested in producing great and ever-lasting music. Others are interested in making as much money on their music as fast as possible. I think you'll be able to find quite a lot of musicians, who's name will last a great many years more than Britney Spears, but have earned less money.

So, do you prefer Britney Spears or something more refined? The target player base of AO isn't the same as that of Eve/War/LotR/WoW/whatever, and thank god for that.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Some musicians are interested in producing great and ever-lasting music. Others are interested in making as much money on their music as fast as possible. I think you'll be able to find quite a lot of musicians, who's name will last a great many years more than Britney Spears, but have earned less money.

So, do you prefer Britney Spears or something more refined? The target player base of AO isn't the same as that of Eve/War/LotR/WoW/whatever, and thank god for that.
    I was gonna say something about current music sucking, but this is better than any response I was coming up with.

Also, no to PvP -debuff armor. It's a lame route out. Debuffs just need mega-balanced, and people need to accept the fact that AO has a class that is purely built around making your class weaker.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Crat nanos just take the fun out of the gameplay at tl5 BS. All hostile nanos should be removed by the current removal mechanism indeed. Otherwise then make all nanos permanent, it is only fair.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast