Thread: Implement the AoC debuff system in AO ?

Implement the AoC debuff system in AO ?

I've been writing this in a few posts, but I think it's worth a new thread.
    For MMO geeks : please note that I'm using the word "debuff" as "hostile nanos"

I'd love to see the Age of Conan system in AO :

- Debuffs almost always land (very small defense check) except on a few profs who can resist one kind (example : adv/keeper got root immunity, but noone else does)
    - They only last from 5s to 20s depending on their kind (for example 5s for a stun, 8s for NSD, 15s for UBT and snares)
    - Debuffs can't be removed, except by a few profs who can remove one kind of debuff (example : docs can remove NSD, but noone else). This means free movement kits, virus scanners and all cannot be used it PvP.
    - When a debuff ends, it gives the target a 1mn full immunity against that particular kind

Same goes for debuff perks / procs

Pros :
    - Debuffs are much more reliable. They can be part of a strategy.
    - No more chain debuffing/stuning/rooting.
    - No more 5mn hostile nanos running around

Cons :
    - What to do with NR ? Idea: make an item with a 5mn recharge that cleans all debuffs and requires NR.
    - Requires a lot of work

I'm aware this will also take tons of side changes (such as docs who will go godmode against some profs if stun chains are removed).
    Of course I'm only talking about PvP here.
    Martialmad - Guru

stun chains is more or less getting removed..
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Looks like you didn't get it but that's already the idea. Just check perk doc, they are already suggesting lower duration in PvP and nanoskill perks won't check AAD anymore. Nothing is out for nanos yet but I'm sure they will follow the same path.
    blah

If anything, I hope they don't start to deal with PvP issues like they did in AoC.

They managed to royally screw PvP (and PvE as collateral) for non-combo users, with latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Looks like you didn't get it but that's already the idea. Just check perk doc, they are already suggesting lower duration in PvP and nanoskill perks won't check AAD anymore. Nothing is out for nanos yet but I'm sure they will follow the same path.
    Hmm. perks not checking AAD any longer?

I see troubles for professions like crats, fixers who use GA, and others AAD dependent.

No more aad setups for agents among others it seems.. guess the only way to go now is offensive setups?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

there's a reason i play AO and not AoC...

but seriously, no thanks. i like the current debuff system just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post

I see troubles for professions like crats, fixers who use GA, and others AAD dependent.

No more aad setups for agents among others it seems.. guess the only way to go now is offensive setups?
    on nanoskill perks, not regular weapon perks. stuff like reaver, piercing master, pistol mastery. etc. will still check AAD. but perks checking against nanoskills wont.

if thats what u meant, then sorry i misunderstood
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post

AAO will also only be counted once. The current formula counts Total perk AR (including AAO) + AAO for perk AR. At the same point the AAD ceases to be added to the pure defense checks on perks, the attack formula will change simply to Perk AR + AAO. It will basically cancel out in low-to-medium AAO setups and offer a bonus where there SHOULD be a bonus in high AAO setups.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Hope funcom also keeps in mind why we are still playing AO and not AOC
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Hope funcom also keeps in mind why we are still playing AO and not AOC
    Because 10 minute snares from level 120 mobs is fun?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Because 10 minute snares from level 120 mobs is fun?
    In a strange but twisted way... yes.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    In a strange but twisted way... yes.
    Most AO players have a streak of masochism - its why we keep playing
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-