Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Digital photography

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Nice pictures, now if only I could manage to take ones like that...
    The above one Included: wet feet, 1 hour hiking trip uphill.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Yea..I lack the willpower to go out and take photos, and the artistic eye to know whats worth taking lol.

I did take this though, using my Canon 350D and a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro lens.

Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I realized, that there are a handful of tricks to enhance the picture quality.

1. Filters (CPL, ND8, UV)
    2. Toying with exposure/aperture (dont be afraid hitting the trigger 10 times or more)

3. Photoshop
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

"Only" been pretty scenery so far...
    Here's a picture of one of our cats... up close

The cat is a Maine Coon btw...

Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

This one is the only panorama photo I've made so far... It's from our living room, and was only meant as test to try out making a 180 degree panorama photo.

Result turned out ok I think.

The photo weighs in at roughly 4.36MB so I will just provide a link to it, rather than embed it in the post

Here I was trying to create a "dramatic" effect outta an otherwise weird/crappy motive...

and the entrance to one of our local churches... or something like that:

I REALLY need to practice more on my PS/GIMP skills...

The Tractor picture woulda needed auto exposure bracketing.
    Shareidah - First Order

so, just a quick question, buy a used Nikon D80 or a new D3000? Assuming ofc the used cam is in good condition.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

a few of mine
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

Damn, you are all very very good

Please keep posting. I love watching this kind of stuff.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Last edited by Phobia; Feb 15th, 2010 at 10:52:02.
    Where was it when I first heard that sweet sound of humility?
    It came to my ears in the god damn loveliest melody
    How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery
    To love and to be loved
    Let's just hope that is enough

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    so, just a quick question, buy a used Nikon D80 or a new D3000? Assuming ofc the used cam is in good condition.
    Personally? if the D80 is in good nick, buy that in preference.

The budget end Nikons dont have a built-in auto focus motor, which limits your lens choices.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

75 euros worth camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    ... The cat is a Maine Coon btw...
    Just looks like a tabby cross Persian to me ... and we used to show our cat. >.>
    ... It's from our living room, ...
    I R envous!
    Quote Originally Posted by zothzor View Post
    ... a few of mine
    Those just freaking rawk!

Okay, sorry about my sacrificial offers but they are taken with a cellphone and are JPGs. I don't have anything I took with a camera and I shot with film, so didn't turn them into anything digital.

Shells

Edit: PS there is no graphics program altering and not much you can change with a cell phone, so they are raw.
    Last edited by GenShay; Feb 16th, 2010 at 13:38:29.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

[QUOTE=GenShay;5730203]Just looks like a tabby cross Persian to me ... and we used to show our cat. >.>
    ...snip...
    /QUOTE]
    It is 100% verified a Maine Coon... :-)

... It is 100% verified a Maine Coon... :-)
    Not calling you a liar. Just wondering how it differs from a tabby cross Persian.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by GenShay View Post
    Not calling you a liar. Just wondering how it differs from a tabby cross Persian.
    Did not think you called me a liar... :-)

It could have been some mix or whatever...

This is a photo I found with Google, but the cat looks almost 100% like ours:

They can get quite big also...

:P

Yay. new one
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by GenShay View Post
    Just looks like a tabby cross Persian to me ... and we used to show our cat. >.>
    Maybe you could help identify the breed of our cat...we adopted her from a shelter and all it said on her papers was "domestic longhair." We think she may be part Maine Coon because she shares some of their characteristics, but that may just be coincidence. Here's a few pictures:

Probably can't tell much from this picture but I love it anyway:
    Where was it when I first heard that sweet sound of humility?
    It came to my ears in the god damn loveliest melody
    How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery
    To love and to be loved
    Let's just hope that is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Maybe you could help identify the breed of our cat..
    Long haired moggy. Beautiful cat.
    I would love to cuddle her.
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast