Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biased Profession Opinions (Read the fourth post!)

Agent

PvM
    - Superior conceal. We can do things others can't thanks to it.
    - Great solability endgame. We can solo pretty much everyting that is soloable.
    - TP allows us to be self-sufficient solo and to bring a missing buff for a raid or mission.
    - 3 snare perks + SHV, excellent root toolset in SL against a single mob.
    Dislikes
    - Everything we can do, others can do better. We can't cast the best buffs and our DD is just average in a team.
    - Terrible DD solo, mainly due to not being able to use AS.
    - No AoE root or snare worse using.
    - We can't mimic some basic buffs in SL, like reflects.
    PvP
    - Ability to play with different setups or mimics depending on your playstyle and your mood.
    - We can kill almost every prof, almost every prof can kill us.
    - wide toolset: sneak, CH, AS+FA+SA, drains, MR+Wit, NR2, Reflect rippers, runspeed, NSD removers, we have a lot of options.
    Dislikes
    - Stuck into a very limited range of mimics so we mainly just fall back onto doc. Almost all mimics are just useless in fight.
    - Almost everyone has a way to disable or just nerf CH, which is our only defense in a standard setup.
    - Low AR for an artilery prof, we get as much AR with 30 SL perks as AR soldiers get with 8 perks.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Only doing PvM because my greatest experience with PvP has been running around like a maniac waving my arms about and having fun.

Profession: Engineer

PvM

- You actually have to concentrate at higher levels. Your pets don't do everything for you, and /pet hunt isn't the answer to everything.
    - Sweet DD even when you're not pushing it as hard as you can.
    - IP is quite relaxed at the highest levels - I have enough IP for all my main skills + tradeskills, plus random bits of IP in other places (Concealment is soooo useful when hiding from carb zombies)
    - Varied weapon choices (although less so now with the AMEP and IDBEP); if I so wanted I could go MA, Grenade, Pistol, RE, Shotgun, or even Dshark and my DD would still be pretty high and I'd still be *reasonably* effective.

Dislikes
    - Many of the /pet commands are awful. /pet hunt turns your pet into a retarded child running around past the mobs that are closest to you travel wise, using crow flies distance rather than anything else.
    - The person who made pets default to /pet guard or /pet follow on zoning.
    - Stairs that bots get stuck on.
    - I feel squishyyyyyy oh so squishyyyyy and attacked and squished and dead and fiiiineee....
    - Engineer is one of the more costly professions to outfit. We have just 1 symb line and luckily it's one of the more expensive ones! Huzzah! \o/ -.-
    - Only 1 symb line - Artillery would be amazing to have. Why is it that some professions have 3 symb lines when some have only 1? It's stupid.
    - Pet pathing - OH MY GAWD THE PET PATHING IS AWFUL.
    - Pet variety - MPs have their meatballs, healing balls, and mezz balls. Crats have a charmed pet, and a normal bot. Engis just have two attack pets, both melee. I'd really really want to see if a Ranged pet line could be made up, or implemented alongside the dog line.
    - Slayerdroid colours - WHY in the name of all that is holy does the AWESOME black slayerdroid not pass its colour onto the HIGHER LEVEL DROIDS?! Black slayerdroids are smexy.

Problem on ALL professions- Weapon variety - We're getting pigeon holed more and more into one or two weapon styles only. The reason I stuck with this game at Froob level was due to the weapon style variety and choice. If you wanted to make a piercing NT, you could. If you wanted to be a Melee Energy Fixer, you could. More choices are what we need, so that you really CAN experiment with that strange setup if you so desired.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Adventurer

PVM Likes

- great solo abilitys for the times you want to be alon
    - acceptable damage and very effective defence, sometimes you stay alive when your whole team dies
    - You can do alot of things infight, so no clicking on attack and wait until the enemy is down
    - you are able to fill in nearly every hole in the team and play the role you want, DD, Healer, (Calmer)
    - some nice Buffs for your teammates (mother wolf)
    - Morphs, unique bonus style buff but...
    - LEET!!!!!11111111111111 yeah i love em (even have a doll in RL)

PVM Dislikes

- because you are not really specialized you feel sometimes pretty useless, because for everything that you can do there is someone who can do it better
    - ...Morphs, yeah you are forced to use them because you would loose to much and they suck especially in small rooms
    - Calms, come on we are the "wilderness freaks" and have the worst ability to calm the wild animals? at least they should be usable infight
    - Lack of newer tools like fear resistance or something
    - Arid Rift Snare Towers... What´s the point in gaining 90%+ of rot/snare resistance if it doesn´t count?
    - short range as melee... but it has more style

PVP Likes

- good defence and survivability
    - you are fast and mostly invulnerable against roots so you can run away
    - you can kill a lot of green enemys

PVP Dislikes

- everybody hates you, i don´t know why but that´s a fact
    - dimach locktimer... it´s too long and you always miss the last hit special...
    - attack rating is a bit low for melees you can´t perk most of the pvp twinks unless you sacrifice to much def for AR

Enforcer

PvM Likes:

- Sense of importance when tanking in a big raid
    - Pretty good hp/def/healing for soloing meduim threat encounters
    - Being the only class who can easily control aggro
    - Diversity in weapon choices

PvM dislikes:

- Medium to low damage
    - Challenger locking out all casting for 20 seconds, which is a no go when tanking
    - Rather limited survivability when it comes to soloing hard hitting encounters
    - Absolute uselessness when there is another enforcer in raid/team

PvP likes:

- Huge hp, runspeed, NR, overall very good defenses vs most classes
    - Easy to run away if the fight didn't go well
    - Massive AR and regular hits even if the target is unperkable

PvP dislikes:

- Boring (/follow q 1234567890 sums up enf pvp pretty much)
    - Capped hits too hard to outheal
    - PvP requiring totally different gear than PvM (PvM being crit/hp and PvP being AR/def)
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Profession
    Shade, atrox, lvl 220 (ive never had MR perked, rerolled atrox for looks and faster heal delta)

PvM
    High DD inside shadowlands.
    General concept of sneaky character.

Dislikes
    Very, very poor performance until late tl6.
    Not enough concealment to use sneak attack before lvl 215.
    Absurd way of obtaining high ql spirits.
    Many lvl locked items (like f.e. nippy john stilettos with tl4+ lvl lock while for other Adonis weapons there is no lvl lock at all and we have lvl 30 traders running around with JAME blasters).
    Level locked spirits that make you run with ql 30 spirits while everyone else has ql 100+ implants.
    Lack of token boards (no CL/Concealment mostly).
    Lack of CL items, lack of CL in pre tl7 spirits.
    Lack of combined aao/aad spirits.
    Lack of abilities in any useful non-lox spirits (slow heal delta, nano delta, problems with some items like pen tattoo).
    To many perks to press (I use 4 hotbars full of perks), there should be some “combos” or whatever but not pressing 30 buttons every 30s.
    Ugly mediblade design.
    Poor perk action visuals that look like ninjalooting.
    Fact that so called support professions OD me outside shadowlands, while using 3 buttons at max, supporting teams with buffs/auras/whatever 100times better than what I can give, having time to chat or even make some tradeskills in between. R j00 a shade???? No teamz for j00 we teakz engiezor mhahah!11!
    Lack of martial arts support (combined MA attack on weapons).
    Pathetic APF nanos.

PvP

Dislikes
    Pretty much everything. My 220 shade in defensive setup has same AR as my tl5 enforcer with procs running, same NR (same only because of HHAB) and lower HP. This class is simply broken. Aphakillable by pretty much everyone despite of def-wannabe setup. With 2,2k AR (yeah it aint a joke, that’s with every AR research done, Db nanos etc.) I couldn’t perk even docs. Last time ive tried any kind of pvp was when AS pistols and lololololpwned!!111 perks were introduced that completely ignored any kind of my defense. It was such a great idea FC … Being seen in concealment by 75% of battlestation population also doesn’t help a lot.

In general

Profession
    Crat, solitus, lvl 220

PvM
    Dislikes
    Crats are gods of pvm, there is almost nothing to complain.
    We lack any kind of useful pvm proc that’s not DD oriented (detaunt for example).
    Low weapon support – problems with multiranged.
    Lack of a ood offhand pistol to pair with dread pistol before late tl7.

PvP
    Dislikes
    Non working cc – people can have 50 or even 100% root resist, break roots on demand (enfs rage).
    AS, dimach, SA – specials that completely ignore crats defense.
    No healing – you cant live in a world of unstoppable attack without a healing.
    AS pistol – fail, fail, fail, fail …
    5% / 50% / 80% checking perks – wtf were you thinking?
    Lack of pets before lvl 220.

Profession
    Enforcer, atrox, lvl 171 (twinkz0r)
    PvM

Dislikes
    Low hp (an agent, doc or sold can get almost as much as an enf, enfs should have imho at last 2 times as much).
    I need to chaincast mango to keep agg from other twinks, most of the time its worthless as it sucks nano pool to fast. 10k agg is simply not enough.
    Poor weapon support for piercing, melee energy – 0 points in research seems strange when we have buffs for those weapons.

PvP
    Its enjoyable at tl5, a lot better than on lower lvls where enfs are overpowered and have almost no natural enemies. Good and balanced, although chaincasting rage could use some nerf.

Dislikes
    Nanoresist mechanic. After playing my enf for almost 3 years now in still not sure how does it work and if it works at all. I often see lvl 150 agents landing UBT on me with the first time, NTs landing roots without nr debuffs, traders that land their silly drains … On the other hand yesterday I saw a twinked doc that failed 4 attempts. There is simply no pattern there, its very unreliable.
    No weapon support for piercing and melee energy. Im using piercing atm and there is simply 0 points of research …why?
    No good 1hb pvp weapons, blood bat could use some love, its simply to weak to use at tl5 and 95% of pvp active enfs are running with 1he setups. Lets leave 1he to advys, enfs should have some good BLUNT WEAPONS with sneak attack.
    Aimedshots capping me through cocoon, that means around 10k pvp dmg with a single hit. My big hp is often a disadvantage, there should be imho 2 caps for pvp dd – max % (30%) and max dmg (20 x your lvl?) so it would be worth having big hp.

Profession
    NT, opifex, lvl 166 (twinkie – winkie)

PvM

Hmm? Pressing one button wont stress you keyboard so much.

Dislikes
    Low DD, mobs dying before I nuke them. Running out of nano. No good aoe nukes. Lack of good procs from LE

PvP

Dislikes
    Running out of nano very fast, probably the fastest of all professions ive played at tl5 and there were many of them.
    Offensive / defensive focus – it is a good idea but instead of having it locked for 30 minutes we could have a nano that would allow to change those focus with lets say 30s – 1 min cast time o prevent “swapping” them.
    Retarded LE nanos; takig away ¾ of ones hp with 1 button press is simply to much even for someone that plays nt.
    Lack of good procs from LE.

Profession
    Agent, solitus, lvl 170 (twinkz)

PvM

Dislikes
    Poor weapon choices
    Pere looks ugly

PvP
    Easymode on, good and fast pvp point farming.
    Dislikes
    AS in general, its retarded, it should have some def check and shouldn’t cap solds through tms.
    Very overpowered profession for me. To good and easy to play for me so I gave him up.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

SOLITUS shadehahaha

PvM

Dislikes
    - used to be best DD, now nothing impressive, shades now suck all the way pvm/pvp.Many profs got huge improvments, shades got minor additions.So...
    -weapons are ugly...ANyone want to get his tomato soup can opened?
    PvP
    - likes? for pvp? as a solitus shade? hahaha you best be kidding right?Well i could say people have an easy kill but i don't really like it...
    Dislikes
    Hmm i would need 10 pages for this i'll try to keep it short.
    -TL5 NR at 220 is quite a joke, a level 165 NT can probably root me and kill me even with hhab on.
    -My AR is also roughly just above TL6 to keep a decent defense, and for shade a decent defense means that any prof can kill you in less than 3 seconds.If i go for AR all the way 80% of BS population is still unperkable which means as a shade i can't do anything besisdes SA every 40 seconds.So people can laugh at my pathetics attempts to scratch them.
    And in AR setup my defense is about the same as a level 150 doctor who got thrown in 220 BS except i don't have any heals(imagine all the fun you get).

-FC for some reason decided that shades are a casting profession(m8 wtf?)I can't self ShD as i kept ado brain and won't bother farming LoX.What for?A 210 NT in ql190 symbs perform 10 times better than me.

-From the little i saw for the so called balanced shades will get more nanos to cast(hahaha) and token boards, lol big deal...

-ofab back look really cool, too bad it add psychic and max nano............

-a shade main is the main reason i canceled all my accounts and stopped AO for 2 years.I'm back for a few and already canceled for the same reason.

-Last but not least, this profession rely at 500% on mongo rage.Good move FC as usual...Too bad for me i'm solitus.The reason? Back in the day solitus was the only way to reach 2s HD without looking like a gorilla.
    Last edited by keitelo; Feb 22nd, 2010 at 14:05:57.
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

220 Trox Shade (No MR)

Pvm

Dislikes
    As mentioned earlier, support profs OD us with little effort while contributing with auras/XP etc to team (I would pick a crat over a shade anyday, even if pure dd was the only thing needed).

PvP
    - Being able to wtfpwn ppl fast and gtfo fast.
    - Shade vs. Shade duels
    - Enf duels.
    - Any kind of duels really, except ranged advys, NTs, traders and every prof that can root/snare and kite me.
    - Shade in general (Kewl idea, needs some work tho)

Dislikes
    - My low NR (1,9k about the same as a sol)
    - Being so vulnerable to CC tools.
    - AS (wtb 11s sneak).
    - 215 sols capping FA on me.
    - 1 drain disables me complety and i cant do s**t to anyone with my (2,7k ar) after 1st drain lands.
    - My def in offensive setup
    - My ar in defensive setup (Got bout 3,1k AR and 3,4k static def or something now)

I enjoy playing my shade in pvp/BS except when there's too many CC users on BS.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

220/20/70 Solitus Shade

PVM

-Solo abilities
    -Keeping me busy (also a neg)
    -Damage
    -Rapiers!

Dislikes:

-sometimes the vast amount of clicking perks for 2 hours straight is tiresome.
    -Being ODed by support profs.
    -Low levels needing SEVERE repair, spirits, weapons, everything.

PVP

- Good alpha
    - Duels (sometimes)
    - SHD, makes sense imo and works effectively

Dislikes:

- Low NR
    - Low AR
    - Requiring low HP to pvp effectively
    - Sharl's Tatt; whoever thought of it deserves to be punched in the throat.
    - TR heals not working.
    - Being super perk reliant under current perk landing mechanics.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Feb 25th, 2010 at 05:55:52.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Agent

PvM

- can solo things in FP doc

Dislikes
    - locked into fp doc at least 90% of the time
    - fp doc is not a viable replacement for a doc in a team unless the agent is CH tanking (in SL), and we STILL go fp doc (for ubt and emergency ch).
    - damage feels mediocre even with some swapping of DD/crit gear.
    -buffing time with swapping gear. It takes a felt 5 minutes to fully buff an agent. having to swap out whole sets of armor / hud items to cast TP and to buff into +DD nanos 2 versions under the highest versions sucks. I have the nano skills in question maxed.

PvP
    - aimed shot, sneaking, the highest level root
    - CH, TMS, UBT

Dislikes
    - debuffs that affect CH, seriously they destroy agents
    - no alternative to mimic doc (or soldier sometimes if too many debuffers around)
    - decon room needs to be 3 times as long if we would have any chance to buff properly.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

150 Nanomage Doctor

PvM

- Healing Keeping the tank alive long enough for the rest of the team to drop whatever it is we're hunting
    - soloing just about anything
    - (almost) unlimited nanopool
    - Having your efforts appreciated. <-- very true.

Dislikes
    - soloing just about anything takes FOREVER as a support-geared doc
    - having to use the exact same heal from lvl 90ish til 175 (well, 2 heals, CH and LE, but who's counting)
    - surprising lack of ways to buff %heal efficiency.

PvP

-nothing really. UBT + CH is a nice way to piss off anyone who doesn't have any way of disabling nanoskills, but as soon as their friends come along i go splat
    - APT/AVB's
    - chilling in the decon room

Dislikes

{removed by Anarrina: Read your post 4 rules again}

EDIT: sorry Anarrina, wasn't paying attention

- Low DD, gotta wait for teammates to kill people for me
    - lack of teaming in BS because everyone's all "HURR SOLO SCOR E-PEEN"
    - lack of passive defence support in perks, symbs, etc.
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Feb 27th, 2010 at 19:44:12.

220/20/70 Solitus Shade

PVM

-Solo abilities
    -Keeping me busy (also a neg)
    -Damage(it's great being able to tank anything in game and hold aggro if we want to)
    -we do it from behind!

Dislikes:

-the requirements on SHD, as is many sacrifices have to be made to cast this, such as xan brain, 10 perks into CoNC, alba nanoskills thingie, research HUD
    -the vast amount of clicking perks gets very tiring fast. No time for doing anything but DD
    -Being ODed by support profs.
    -Low levels needing SEVERE repair, spirits, weapons, everything.

PVP

- If I can perk someone, they are as good as dead
    - Duels (sometimes)
    - SHD, makes sense imo and works effectively, when I can land it.

Dislikes:

- Low NR(sure, I can perk NR8, but I still cant perk anyone)
    - Low AR, I cant even perk docs!
    - Low conceal. 2k self at 220 is pitiful for a class relying on conceal
    - Relatively low evades(compared to the AR other proffs can reach, there's a massive gap)
    - Requiring low HP to pvp effectively
    - Sharl's Tatt; it's absolutely useless in pvp.
    - TR heals not working.
    - Being super perk reliant under current perk landing mechanics.
    - Roots/snares/stuns/blinds
    - kiting/sync issues. with sync and RS issues, I cant get close enough to perk people on BS 90% of the time.

170 solitus soldier

PvM

*Wanted for teams

Dislikes
    *No variation in weapons when leveling, only (SPB)
    *No good damage perks

PvP

*Able to swap to different weapons for different specials and situations
    *Able to dish out lots of damage against some professions
    *Awesome defense when it works, and with a balanced period of vulnerability when it ends
    *Good allround profession with strenghts and weaknesses

Dislikes
    *Only one viable weapon choice (SPB), no variation
    *Not able to reliably hit even professions with "blue" evades, even with maxed out AR
    *To many can ignore/bypass our only defense (TMS)
    *Getting capped through TMS by AS/FA/SA
    *Perks to lower evades that never lands on evaders (makes them useless)
    *No good damage perks
    *Because of the continous nerfs to TMS, our vulnerability has increased tenfold, and soon almost everyone can simply tank us instead of deploying tactics to take us down
    General of First Order

TL5 NT level 170

PVM

• in the rare situation where crowd control is necessary, it works.
    • cocoon rooms
    • excellent toolset for pulling.
    • The whole idea and visual effect of AoE nukes is just cool.
    • PnH/Cost puts a smile on peoples faces at tl5

Dislikes:

• there's rarely a situation when crowd control is necessary.
    • "can you kite me?"
    • BORING BORING BORING, anything that isn't kiting at this level is 10 times the mental grind that it is for any other profession.
    • extremely inefficient nukes for any target that doesn't take 2 minutes or more to kill.
    • my target is many times, dead, before i get a single nuke off.
    • I waste perks consistently on corpses. (slow, chained, except for Nano Feast)
    • roots break too easily
    • my nano pool is easily drained under constant nuking, unless I stay full def and purposely slack on dmg to conserve.

PVP

• extremely versatile, with the proper OSB's, and change in tactics, we can go from fully defensive to aggressively offensive (e.g.-NS2+RI v LE nukes+GSF)
    • Crowd control. An experienced NT can sway the balance of a battle with blinds, roots, debuffs, that works very well at tl5.
    • well timed perks+nuking can deliver enough burst dmg to scare just about any profession into thinking we have an alpha.
    • NBS/NBG, although it's a love/hate relationship we have with these nanos, I would certainly miss them if they were gone.
    • Range!
    • Stopping the unstoppable Supersolds, and "catch me if you can" GA Fixers (not so much anymore, but yeah) someone has to do it.

Dislikes:

• we can't touch mechs, we're ethe ONLY profession that cannot attack a mech unless we are IN a mech ourselves.
    • NBG, the recovery from this is insane, it's actually preferable to die sometimes instead of wait out the next 2 minutes or so recovering.
    • being shut out of both my offensive, and defensive toolset at the same time by drains.
    • Slow as hell, for a profession who's toolset scream for one to keep moving, I'm to the point where it's just not worth it without GSF.
    • Enfos, Agents in FP Enf, Agents in fp doc (that can heal thru debuffs) pretty much have their way with us. And killing a doc can take an hour, if you survive that long.
    • Roots that break by breathing on them.
    • Nano pool that does not scale relative to the massive amount of dmg that it takes from twinks. the entire pool can literally be gone in 1.5 seconds.

Other Stuffs:

• Visually by far the coolest, most refined look, with a weapon that sets us apart from the rest.
    • atm there's very little reason for any tl5 NT to go past ai17/18
    • still the "best bang for the buck".
    • Fun factor: 87%
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Doctor (220-soli)

PvM

-This is my bread and butter for PvM, Needed in just about every raid so its not hard to find a team.

- Solo ability is the best in the game if you ask me, I can solo stuff that would normally take a team of 5 or 6 to kill.

- Damage is not to bad, I can hold aggro on high hp mobs from other support profession using dots/pistols.

- UBT procs are great and if I spam specials to where they both land I can get in ~15-20 hits to the mob's one.

Dislikes
    - Healing pulls ALOT of aggro in unwanted spots such as pande raids.

- Hard to UBT multipul mobs and keep tank alive when the team gets swarmed.

- Low raid damage because alot of damage come from DoTs, But its to be expected because docs are not a damage class at all.

PvP

- Survivability is very high in 1v1 or 1v2 battles

- Great PvP perks, being able to remove blinds, DoTs, UBT, and drains is great.

Dislikes
    - Towers, I hate to do them with my doc because I am usually the first to be called and first to die, Docs are prone to ganking by enfs/shades while they are busy healing others, which led me to make a engineer because they are just as useful at towers.

- Gank target, I find my self being a gank target mainly from enfs/shades. Enforcers can be delt with if you are careful and the enf is alone, Same thing applys with the shade.

- Low PvP damage. I find my self taking ages to kill anything I come accross. The DoTs are slow casting and rarely land on anyone they are useful against. And doc AR is horrible.

- Debuffs are close to useless in PvP because UBT does not debuff enough to slow healing down to a point where I can kill someone, And PvP is fought with specials so the little bit of -inits I can throw out is no use. Only debuffs I can rely on to help me is my heavy debuff proc but that has a chance to break on hit, not to mention I have to be able to hit them to land the procs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soldier (220-soli)

PvM

- Nice PvM damage in raids and such.

- Easy to play. Burst, FA, and AMS is only thing I really need to pay attention to.

- Everyone loves a soldier in the team for reflects and backup tanking.

Dislikes
    - Boring! It's to easy to play based on our role

- Add control is difficult but not impossible

PvP

- High AR means we can put out alot of damage.

- Easy to play, Same 3 rules as PvM

Dislikes
    - 3 professions can render my only defense completely useless which lead me to ditching my soldier.

- Crappy defense outside of AMS. NR is severely lacking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shade (220-opi)

PvM

- Great profession for soloing. I use my shade when I need to farm stuff for alts that does not require a small raid to get.

- Great damage, I love being able to top the damage boards, which makes shades a wanted profession in any raid.

- Good evades, I can run in and completely ignore adds on most dynas which saves me time on pulling.

Dislikes
    - Crappy healing ability. I have to invest IP into first aid and treatment to be able to buff in a reasonable amount of time and to use some decent QL stims to keep HP up. (and yes I know this is being addressed )

- Opi can be a bit squishy in large raids and high hitter bosses.

- Lack of weapon choices due to only piercing and MA support in our spirits (which we can't even use unless we nerf our defenses)

PvP

- "LoL did anyone see how fast that doc went splat?" fun to gank people thanks to our high damage output and stun perk/procs

Dislikes
    - Squishy! I find my self sitting in sneak for far to long because if I get seen and am not able to make the first move I will go down 99% of the time.

- Crappy defense or AR. A shade cannot have both so its either have enough defense to escape a fight while lowering our AR to a point where anyone other then a doc can evade our perks, or use piercing and aao spirits which takes what little aad away and still does not provide enough AR to perk advys/crats.

- Lack of weapon choices thanks to spirits. How do I play Aimshot Online if I cannot get any weapon support for AS?

Meta-physicist (220-nano)

PvM

- With the right setup I can take down high hitting mobs such as bigots.

Dislikes
    - Boring, Lack of specials means only thing I can do is press Q.

- Damage lacking for what little we can bring in terms of support

- Pets are out dated compared to others.

- Lack of 2hb support. We have a end game shield and staff that are both 2hb but no support for it in our perks or symbs which prevents me from using anything other then that staff.

PvP

- High defense setups can be fun. With my total AAD setup which includes the shield of zset pared with RRFE, I can run around and laugh at anyone that tries to gank me.

Dislikes
    - Pets suck. Pathing sucks. Refreshing buffs, and buffing them in general sucks because it takes ages. Low defenses so they get killed often which takes my only means of damage when using total defense setup. Pets do not do enough damage to finish people off. Mezz pet is totally useless against anyone over level 215.

- Debuffs and nukes rarely land.

Engineer (220-nano)

PvM

- High damage. Pets put out a ton of damage if maintained

- Blind arua helps a ton with add control.

Dislikes
    - Squishy. Even with full set of scouts I cannot get enough evades or proper healing to survive for long.

- Pets are retarded(pathing) and need to be constantly buffed and trimed to keep damage up.

- Pets lack of NCU makes buffing them a pain and I cannot put everything I want on them.

- Chicken bot does not have a saddle! I WANTS TO RIDE CHICKEN BOT TO VICTORY!!!

PvP

- High damage and high pet AR helps with taking out annoying targets such as docs, enforcers, advys, and crats.

- Dreadloch remod is sweet.

- Blockers makes me a wanted profession at towers and gives me a good defense vs most professions.

- I like being able to place items that help defend my team such as snare mines and jamming towers. Really hope this gets expanded.

Dislikes
    - Pets are hard to maintain in PvP since they have low defense and everyone loves to gank them. They take forever to recast and rebuff (wtf is with 4 second recharge on pet buffs?).

- Battle station shells are worthless for me, the time it takes for the shell to cast I could have casted a regular one

- Pets are slow with short range and a tl 5 could kite them.

- Gank target. Since I provide such a nice defense for my team, right after the enforcers and shades are done ganking the docs they come straight for me.

Agent (216-opi)

PvM

- Visual professions. I can do alot for my team from debuffing and support healing to add control and provide usefull buffs such as mochams or baton.

- Decent damage.

- Can get a high defense setup with the right gear.

Dislikes
    - Reqs on end game nanos are insane. I was able to cast all my DB nanos on all of my tl 7 toons except my agent (this is partly my fault because of outdated setup as well)

- Not enough damage. While I am able to put out a decent amount of damage I feel that I should be able to do more for the nature of the profession.

- Slow perks. For perks that require the target to be at 15% hp they take to long to cast. I rarely see these land because the mob is dead before it can cast.

PvP

- Good defense in PvP makes me hard to kill.

- I can choose multipul styles of PvP depending on who I am fighting and what I am in the mood for.

Dislikes
    - Really cant think of anything I do not like about PvPing with my agent right now.

Adventurer (170-Soli)

PvM

- Excellent survivability. Decent heals with good evades and bio coon makes me hard to kill.

- Can crank out alot of damage with the right setups.

Dislikes
    - Not as needed in teams and unless heavily twinked damage will lack

PvP

- Again, survivability is very high and I am hard to kill.

- High damage makes for a pretty good alpha.

- Overall fun to play. This has been by far my favorite TL 5.

Dislikes
    - Forced into melee. Not enough support for a ranged setup at TL 5 and it does not come close to comparing with melee setups

- Nemisis nano is lacking. This does not help me at all and I find my self wasting nano by casting it.

- No wolf heal. I would like to see a lower version of the slobber wounds line to help with healing.

Bureaucrat (170-opi)

PvM

- Great crowed control through debuffs, snares, roots, and mezzes.

- Easy to get a team thanks to the XP perks.

- Decent defense, It could use some improvement.

Dislikes
    - Pets blow at TL 5. I put out about 3 times more damage then my bot.

- Just a tad squishy because of low hp and lack of healing.

PvP

- Decent evades makes survivability a bit high if played right.

- Great crowed control.

Dislikes
    - Pet is worthless in PvP, Docs evade this thing.

- Charm is lacking, biazu resists it even with brain freeze running.

- Defense is lacking a bit.

Nano-technician (165-nano)

PvM

- Great solo skills up to TL 5 (kiting)

Dislikes
    - Running in circles gets old.

- Nukes put out to much of a taunt for others of my level to keep agg off me.

PvP

-Blinds are by far one of the most useful skills in PvP.

- High damage lets me take down my target fast

- Double wtfpwns everyone.

- Shielding nanos used properly is a nice defense.

Dislikes
    - Tad squishy. If your target gets in range it could be lights out for you.

- Shield drains nano way to fast at tl 5
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Agent

PvM
    - Concealment is nice to sneak past mobs.
    - Solo'ing pvm content is nice, but it's definitely a challenge.
    - True Prof allows for some nice combinations in pvm.
    - Snare perks, "decent" roots, fp'able abilities such as UBT make pvm content fun.
    Dislikes
    - Terribly slow damage. Crit ratings need increases on our rifles. Bad.
    - We are not very desired in teams.
    - FP abilities lose its prowess in filling in rolls after TL5.
    - Not having the SL copies of nanos, such as soldier reflects, is a killer.
    - Our Concealment, while high, is useless in soloing and therefore so is the core of our damage (aimedshot) as it requires conceal to function.
    PvP
    - Aimedshot is very effective in the context of a single attack.
    - I feel agents are best suited for duel based pvp. True Profession and different gear sets allow us to adequately set up for specific opponents, and we shine when we do.
    - Playing an agent is anything but a passive experience. Gear aside, the good agents are the people who can play well. You notice the difference, and I feel the profession really brings out the true abilities of the end user (at TL7 at least.. perhaps not so much at tl5).
    - I can choose who to fight in mass pvp, thanks to concealment.
    Dislikes
    - Most mimics are useless.
    - Our only active defense, due to lack of perk defenses or real agent-based defenses, is CH or TMS. TMS is worthless at TL7 in most encounters, and CH is easily disabled completely or partially by nearly every profession. A 10k heal with an 8 second recharge also has to be timed nearly perfectly to make use of such singular defense at TL7.
    - The only way to kill most opponents is to perk them in the right manner. Our attack rating is substantially low for an artillery profession, and even in a full out AR setup and using bullseye, it isn't high enough to make up for the lack of defense.
    -Most pvp situations recognized by Funcom (read as non-duel) is usually kill or be killed. Unfortunately against most decent players with good equipment, be killed tends to be favored.
    -Engineers.
    -RI
    -Init debuffs.

General Complaints
    - Buffing takes ages. This could be somewhat fixed such as adjusting the 10/12 second attack/recharge times on our waves/shock damage nanos. Among other things.
    - DoT's are effectively useless and deplete nanopool too much to be worth using even in extended fights.
    -False profession is an amazing incredible concept. But waiting 20 minutes to change professions after fully buffing becomes a pain. A way to amend this such as my "Purge NCU" idea would fix these complaints.
    Last edited by Marinegent; Feb 27th, 2010 at 22:38:27.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Martial Artist

PvP
    - Crits
    - Init Debuffs
    - Hot Swapping

Dislikes
    - Low Runspeed
    - Low Attack Rating
    - Low Defence for Mass-PvP
    - Kiters
    - Traders
    - Aimed Shot
    - CB
    - LE Nukes
    - Delirium (yeah, first off - low AR to land this. and if we land this we lower our defence by 500.)
    - Flower of Life ( yeah, first off - low ar to land this.)

want me to go on?
    Snoopdooog 220/30/70 - Pvp MA
    Stiftmeistr 170/21 - tl5 pvp enforcer
    Melizabe 220/30/70 - Pvp sol
    Hozpital 219 doc - heal monkey
    Araton 216 keeper - 12man whore

We Win, You Loose.
    We Live, You Die.

Proud Advisor of MercenarieS.

Martial Artist Level 220

PvM likes:
    -I like the pvm damage on mobs where I don't just hit for min damage

PvM dislikes:
    -Feels like evades are broken, mobs hit us a few times in a row and we're dead
    -Our heals are in-sufficient
    -Evades are only average (comparing to other evade profs atm)
    -Our damage in SL where we crit for the same as we normal hit for in RK
    -The nano cost on our temp damage buffs are way to high
    -The requirements on them are even more crazy

PvP Likes:
    -I like beeing an evade profession
    -I like to be able to heal
    -I enjoy the aspect of swapping and using multiple weapons in one fight
    -I like our damage when we crit
    -I like our debuff toolset
    -I like our general toolset alot and the way of a MA

PvP Dislikes:

-Dimach recharge (should be lower)
    -Dimach damage should be higher (in pve with abit of buffs, or team pvp our crits do more damage than a dimach)...
    -Really hate traders with a passion
    -I hate that debuffs tend to land very easily
    -I hate that 1 debuff is enough to render me unable to heal, do damage or anything at all
    -I hate to be a melee profession with the current speed people are running at
    -I hate that we can't use our MA attacks while we are charging perks
    -I hate that our stuns render us unable to swap or heal
    -I don't like that our evade debuffing MA attacks check of duck exp, commonly today most people actually have more duck exp than any of the 2 other evades (at least evade profs do)
    -I really dislike our low Nano resist
    -I really dislike our low nano skills/high nano skill req on our new nanos (also SL ones)
    -I really dislike that our toolset are so easily countered
    -I really dislike our very low perk damage (from 7-12k in pvp grand total)
    -I really hate the nano cost on the new LE attacks (2500 each)
    -I really dislike our low runspeed
    -I hate when you try to alpha a doctor and our perks do min and we don't crit and hit normally doing close to 0 dmg (it happens)
    -I don't like having to go Low hp setups due to capping specials and in-efficient heals.
    -I could keep this going

Fixer Trox@196, Opi@194 Mostly RK Leveling (Although not froob)

PvM
    - Feel very useful in team on RK, not useful at all in SL.
    - Soloing is either easy or hard. (Evades based)
    - Often the tank up to TL4, and generally a good one.
    - Evacs/RS/Fgrid make RK life good. Travel anywhere in the world...fast.
    - SWS makes non GA fixers happy.

Dislikes
    - Very hard to get a team because we're not particularly good at anything. Our viability as a teamate is hurt further in SL.
    - HoTs not scaled well in SL. Evade less in SL too, its a double wammy.
    - All useful nanos are level locked.
    - Skillset becomes less and less effective the higher level you get.

PvP

I do not PvP.

Other
    Biased towards not experiencing SL with my fixer that much. Can never find teams for the content. End up soloing in Adonis a bit but that is very touch and go. Mostly chill at grid points giving GSF/HoT/Fgrid to low level peeps where the nanos are useful.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Crat lvl 150 Nanomage

PvM
    - Feel very powerful at times, and essential to the success of teams. Mezz, charm, pet off tank, etc.
    - Heroic Measures at lvl 128 is pretty nice.
    - Overall can deal good damage if you're allowed to charm two pets but takes work. Can tell a good Crat from a bad one.

Dislikes
    - Pet does not hold aggro well at all. Frustrating popping the top Bodyguard at 128 and not being able to do any damage solo without pulling aggro.
    - Squishy, 2 hits from Adonis hecks and you end up in garden. Basically don't pull aggro. No real in battle heals (although you can mezz, recharge and keep going or try again).
    - No real good weapon skills = low AR. Pistol is a good because we have buffs but the top one only gives +50. Reiterates notion that this is a pure casting class.
    -If going pistol route, not a lot of good options for them. BRB using flux pistol/Dark Pistol of the Revoked for 100 levels.
    -Huge gap between Nano's. At 120-130 you've got 800-900 nano skills. Gap between improved rule of one and next nukes is 700 nano skill. Next set of charms are level locked at 195. Next motivational speech is twice that of heroic measures. Next pet is lvl locked at 205. All this means from lvl 130 to lvl 200 I will not be upgrading many of my skills. Boring...

PvP

I do not PvP.

General
    I've never had a hard time finding a team with my Crat, however, considering how PvM content in the game centers around teaming, its unfortunate that my Fixer cannot find them because I love playing Fixer too. When things go right on the Crat, there is a lot of satisfaction.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Enforcer lvls 118 and 176

PvM
    - Good tanks are separated from bad tanks.
    - Lots of damage early on. Can solo well.
    - Lots of weapon options, perk lines, nanos.
    - Survivability in solo situations by running away, lol.

Dislikes
    - Recharging HP when soloing. Or when teamed without a doc for that matter.
    - Can mongo then hit a nano recharger but TS isn't used for any nano lines so is usually really far behind.
    - Become less effective for damage as you near end game. (however, still useful as a tank)
    - Fairly easy to play.
    - Dimach not very useful but still required on weapons.

PvP

I do not PvP.
    Last edited by Entevenr; Mar 10th, 2010 at 18:25:28. Reason: new comments

Engineer

Pvm

Making shades and soldiers cry when dd numbers are posted
    Blind auras making me feel like a fixer

Dislikes:

Blinds breaking on ANYTHING, (including bot snare aura)
    General squishyness. Low evades, low hp
    Almost nonexistant solo ability. Pets die to a number of mobs that are soloable by tl6 toons.
    No aggro management tools that work well on pets. Taunt procs/trimmers do not keep aggro on the pet effectively.
    Horrifically outdated toolset. a major chunk of engie top tier nanos were released in the 14.xx-15.xx patches, some as far back as 11.0.

PvP

Blockers.
    The ability to (usually) quickly take down low hp profs
    Amep AR
    Masters bidding.

Dislikes

Team 7x blockers. They are horribly OP, and never should have made it into the game.
    Being locked to 1 weapon to get comparable AR to most other profs, or having to use AS.
    Swapping 5-6 items to buff
    Pets general uselesness vs any profession with crowd control/ini debuffs
    Pets being able to be killed. If an opponent can kill my widow, I should be able to unequip his weapons. Similar effect.
    Perks matching damage types with weapons. Negates what usefulness coon had left.
    Last edited by Farlath; Mar 1st, 2010 at 23:47:18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Trader

PvM

- can calm mobs much higher level than trader, at a predictable level; if only one at a time.

- survivability soloing is very good. not the best, but survivability is quite predictable before engaging mob.

- variety of weapons to choose from at every level, some obviously better than others for (play laugh track now) DD.

- good rooting ability, can do so without aggro

- self healing is actually very good if done right

- umbral doesn't affect trader negatively, which would suck otherwise.

- accumulator perkline very affective with fast weapons. never have to recharge nano with it running.

Dislikes
    - some weapons that could be much better than they are. Kyr shotty for one should have at least 300 min damage at ql 300. Right now its cool looking, thats about it.

- trader is definitely not a Q afk toon. many proffessions aren't either, but I get tired of pvm on my trader more than any other toon, and not because of boredom. really, what other prof has to rebuff every minute and a half? ( i cast one drain when the other still has 1:30 left in ncu)

- far too many nanos/things on my hotbars, and only a couple that actually help out the rest of team (umbral, abolish, outfit, maybe a couple perks). these are nice, but not required, or even wanted for a team to survive at all.

- abolish AC nanoline 2 second cap makes it pointless to use in most team encounters (except bosses or mobs with a ton of hp and high AC's). reducing nanocost would be nice, but not necesary. removing cast time cap and making recharge longer would be better.

- regular ac drains have way too long of a recharge on them to be of any use in teams.

- whole nanodrain line is useless in team setting, even though its spammable. accumulator is better as you never have to worry about your nanopool, ever.

- team heal is useless due to not being spammable. would be useful, and make trader more useful in pvm teams if it were spammable.
    -
    - playing a trader in pvm is a lot of effort for little payoff to rest of team that another proffession couldn't do better.

PvP

- can shift the tide in team pvp very quickly, if not so much that opposing team loses focus on objectives at times and tries to get rid of my trader first.

- can escape many encounters if the going gets tough

- large tool set to work with for various situations

- able to render distracted enemies useless

- can be unpredictable and throw others off their game while still not losing ground in a fight.

Dislikes
    - always a target in team/group pvp, and always pissing people off. (this might be a 'like' for some people)

- traders are "the outsider" in pvp much of the time. (could be a 'like' for some people)

- a toolset that gets you killed as much as it keeps you alive.
    Last edited by Soultrader; Mar 2nd, 2010 at 07:04:18. Reason: insert reason here
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast