Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Biased Profession Opinions (Read the fourth post!)

Martial Artists, as a 220 Solitus MA

PvM

• Good DPS overall
    • Ability to solo hardest Inferno's bosses, except LotV and such which does not matter much
    • Goes along with second point, survival is decent on a 220 MA
    • No need to perk Disharmony and such (read PvM Perk Lines) in order to perform quite efficiently at PvM
    • Q /afk which is also a dislike ...

Dislikes
    • Nothing really impressive for a Team to recruit a TL7 MA, apart from DD which can be outdone by quite a few Professions when it comes to massive PvM raids, because of range and high ACs mobs which benefit Ranged Specials a lot more (yes, not everyone can afford to dual wield Shen Sticks for SL encounters)
    • No real Team Healing Skills, but I guess that shall change someday when balance act hits live
    • Low tanking ability, apart from Evades which are most of the time meaningless against end-game bosses, most MAs don't work on HPs because it requires a lot of sacrifices in term of setup and IPs cost
    • May sound paradoxical, but no real taunting ability either, which will change as well though
    • Boredom

PvP

• Decent Evades and AR at the same time, but it's usually not enaugh in a "balanced setup"
    • Swaps, SO, Icy Arrows, but SA/AS will have a local cooldown so it will not really work anymore
    • Decent healing capacity, though Red Dawn still does not scale correctly with MA Skill and there is nothing else unique to MAs, apart from HHAB which has a ten minutes recharge
    • Fear
    • Stuns, inits debuffs

Dislikes
    • Too low damage Perks really, it doesn't scare anyone without AS/SA in fact
    • Range, not enaugh tools in order to catch up ranged opponents while actually have a chance to hit them enough before they run away, again
    • Too low RS for a melee Profession, it is still true most of the time
    • No root/snare resist or perk action that could remove them unless you spend ten perks in SD, which most PvP MAs cannot afford to
    • Too long recharge on Dimach at TL7, the recharge time is too irrelevant for 220 MAs to fully raise Dimach and actually think it's worth it apart from having enough Skill to use some MA Attacks, also it doesn't do enough damage, sometimes AS does twice more on high HPs Professions while having fifty less time of recharge
    • Several MA Attacks are useless, useful ones have a too long recharge, such as FoL
    • An AR oriented MA has too low NR and is too weak against various debuffs/CC tools. It's kinda mandatory for a 220 PvP MA to run in an AR PvP setup if he wants to kill something decent. Or you can see it differently and state that MAs actually lack AR and are forced to twink it up with countless Items but lack resistance after, badly. Cannot perk anything in evades setup which is useless, and our Perks really don't do enough damage at all
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jul 28th, 2010 at 17:32:04.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Profession
    220/30/70 pimped out mele trox adv (with no MR)
    PvM
    * As others mention, we can solo, be tank in team, mess, heal, ok buffs for team... in general, I love advs PVM.
    * versatile when it comes to choice in symbs... and with our treatment, its a joy to twink.. well, twinking in AO is long dead with everyone having alphas and whatnot.. but you know what I mean
    * middle ql gear (DB and so on (ofab only sleeves rest is bullcr*p...) is sufficient for an ok pvm setup
    Dislikes
    * buffing takes forever/ short duration on nanos (wtb same times as shade has).. esp if the team/ group want xp map
    * No new tools for ages (OFAB is a joke). I had expected some new buffs or whatever from LOX comparable to keeper/ doc/ fixer use in 12 man. Just something.. anything..

PvP
    * To kill an adv it takes effort! Coon/ acro/ heals/ hots..
    * Rootresist (and now also blind resist) makes it very fun!
    * perception... helps against enough profs

Dislikes
    * need a LOT/ ALL of expensive gear (+ towers) to shine
    * Low AR (and I do NOT use MR)
    * One drain that lands and as mele you might as well run away until you get it removed (just killing greens = boring)
    * As mele "Out of range.." is a killer...
    * Takes almost forever to buff (not as long as agents, but heck, they buff more than one prof..)
    * Slowpokeperks
    * Seriously little new stuff for MELE advs since... well, just look at how few mele there are now.. simply makes it boring/ repetitive
    * Slow SA
    * feared suxx but I dont care, Ill live

Rest of profs I will just do pvp aspect:
    Profession
    TL7 regular setup opi trader
    PvP
    * drains for every situation and prof makes it always interesting and fun prof
    * ability to (semi) reliably root targets when they try to flee
    * area root ability is very useful in areas with a lot of foes, spreading them for easy targeting
    * relatively cheap to get in good gear, and still a good toon to play in not the most expensive endgame setup
    Dislikes
    * you stole my OP GTH..
    * NR check and long recharge on drains makes us not use a lot of our tools
    * Can still get alphaed by fully drained profs
    * Lack of alpha (or damage for that sake.. try killing an enf as trader.. lol.. or better yet, try running away from him...)
    * Slow NR drain
    * Too massive hate list on BS = first aplha fooder => FIX PLS!
    * feared suxx

Profession
    TL7 regular setup OPI shade
    PvP
    * insane and fast DD when you have AR to perk
    * a LOT of options in perks makes it a fun prof to test out different setups (even using ranged weaps for finisher)
    * procs.. omg.. stun... oo00
    * some viable "cheap" OFAB / SL gear
    * ql 300 spirits... the difference is huge. And with phulaks, buffing is a breeze
    * fast to buff up, and buffs stay for a while
    Dislikes
    * cant sneak from anything.. like, SHADE.. taste the word itself.. did I miss something there?
    * no AR to stable perk shiz.. means, either go trox or get full AR gear => AR gear means low low def..
    * getting killed by AS and whatnot with full acro + careful (meaning sick evades)
    * healing... or lack of it.. (for PVM its "fine" though)
    * shield death from drains.. uhm, I await the change here
    * the need to change spirits from PVP to PVM (its also an advantage I know..)
    * you stole my BS leet!!?!?!?!?!
    * feared and ROOTING suxx

Profession
    TL7 HP setup doc (not with last AS gun)
    PvP
    * ubt and deinit procs...
    * surviability when fully drained
    * relatively cheap and easy accessible to get good gear
    * a good doc can completely change the tide with a good team/ teamwork
    Dislikes
    * GTH, but now its "liveable"... I said it
    * lack of ability to remove certain debuffs
    * poor alpha with low AR and no reward for helping side in killing makes it suboptimal for ones side as its more about a selfish kill than saving the one next to you
    * still semi vounerable to stuns, but far from what is was
    * slow run speed... very. Makes it close to impossible to kill anyone if they decide to flee, as we dont also have any finishing alpha (omega it should be called when its finishing prob...)
    * feared suxx
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

220 opi trader

PvM
    - Much more interesting toolset than the "main" support profs (crats/docs)
    - Soloing is just right; not too easy but most things are possible.
    - Crowd control is nice (too bad you can't really use it almost anywhere anymore).
    Dislikes
    - Much much inferior toolset compared to crats/docs.
    - 100% drain resistance.
    - More drains in PvP than in PvM.
    - Bugged AC drains; fixing this would pretty much fix the pvm toolset I think.

PvP
    - Being one of the primary tanks is fun in a team vs team situation.
    - Has a reasonable chance against anything: although I get crushed often, I feel like I (almost) always have a chance.
    Dislikes
    - Dying ALOT (I guess partly because I suck at PvP)
    - Hard to kill some people even if you've got them beat (docs, enfos, fixers, advies)
    - Pets have insane damage, it's run/CC or die instantly.
    - NBD has extremely limited use nowadays.

Martial Artist
    PvP
    - decent evades
    - decent healing
    - uwos

Dislikes
    - range
    - CB and ubt landrate
    - heal recharge
    - fear lockdown (too long)
    - inability to go 1/1 on fulldef and increase of attack/recharge on fists with skill increase
    - requirement of swapping to do anything at all
    - no tools to stop kiters

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bureaucrat

PvP
    - Fear
    - Greater Restrict Movement
    - Good assistance to team
    - Calms
    - Stuns

Dislikes
    - No decent way to mitigate damage
    - No reliability of 99% cc tools(except GRM), be it because of high NR check, NR of target or %resists
    - Too many CC_tools removal stuff
    - Pet: bugs/patching/nr/aad/killing/losts/etc
    - Inability to buff Carlo
    - Crappy NR
    - Fixer fear resist nano (shouldnt exist at all)
    - UBT on pets
    - Inability of removing our debuffs with VS (out of fight, but that goes for all weird debuffs)
    - Overall landrate of nanos
    - no viability of nanoskills-oriented setup (at least not anymore)
    - no decent support for non-pistol setups

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trader

PvM
    - Good NR debuff
    Dislikes
    - crappy dmg
    - ac debuffs being lolworthy
    - no support to team

PvP
    - shutdown skills
    Dislikes
    - squishyness
    - landrate of nanos even in full-out nanoskills setup
    - %resists against roots
    - negative effect of NBD
    - lack of damage
    - being perkable even by a fully drained target
    - cast time of NR debuff
    - drains not draining special skills
    - lack of chemistry boost @ our comp tradeskills

NT

PvM
    Dislikes
    - cast time of nukes often resulting in them going into a dead body
    - crappy dmg pre-215/ai24

PvP
    - Anti-enf roots
    - Blinds, CB, DM, IU
    - Ability to choose between good defences and great offence (off/def focus)

Dislikes
    - squishyness pre-nbg/nbs/NS2
    - stuns
    - %root resists
    - blind % resists
    - off/def focus not removed after death
    Last edited by Koizumi; Jul 29th, 2010 at 20:08:51.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Martial Artist
    PvP
    - Decent but slowish alpha
    - Hotswapping is loads of fun and looks sexy too
    - Red dusk
    - Crits

Dislikes
    - Have the same NR in NR1 as NTs do in NR0 and not even near enf's NR
    - Necessity to perk SD, even though it nerfs vital aspects of MA abilities
    - Synch issues
    - Low run speed for a melee prof
    - UBT/Init debuffs nerfs MAs horribly
    - Pistol perks plus 11s AS on crats and advs
    - Ranged advs
    - Too little stuff to stop kiters
    - Low AR in a balanced setup
    - Long recharges on stuff such as FoL, dimach, HHab, CiB
    - Stuns put you in nanorecharge
    - Inability to hotswap in nanorecharge
    - Inability to use MA atks while running (apart from uwos)
    - Master's Bidding pet procs
    - Bow is a pain to swap while running, spear swaps are fine though
    - Inability to use items/MA attacks while perks are firing.
    - Inability to use uwos on fixers and to a lesser extent crats since they got pets.
    - Lack of IP
    - Need to farm stuff a lot, such as Tears, Alb arrows which are somewhat hard to come by.
    - Enfs with their silly 50% and 0% perks + SA
    - Mongo Rage.
    - Fixer debuffs lasting 5 mins
    - Greater Restrict Movement (crat root)
    - Having to swap a billion things to buff
    - Lack of defense (in a AR setup)
    - Can't be 1/1 with fists with def board and a 275 scope
    - Dimach locking out Sai Fung

For some reason, although I have so much dislikes... I dunno why I still play it sometimes :S

Adventurer (ranged)

PvM
    -Decent damage
    -Decent heals
    Dislikes
    -Age-long casting in order to get the Inferno map (+100 nano resist) and morphs up. Especially a problem with tree form, which is immobile when finished, which means you more or less *have* to cast it in combat.
    -Dependency on a QL 160 pistol with 1000 Max Beneficial Skill, from a dyna in Adonis (or the Collector), in order to do decent PvM damage. I'd rather have a (NODROP) weapon I really have to work towards getting that'll make me feel like I accomplished something, that replaces the Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol. I don't mind if the Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol has to have its damage lowered in order to accommodate for an upgrade.
    -Bio Cocoon canceling Cyclic Retribution of the Aesir. It's just annoying.

PvP
    Dislikes
    -Dependency on Aimed Shot / Extremely tiny chance that full auto will hit with more than 2 bullets.
    -Misdiagnosis. It should either last a *lot* longer, lower all nano skills by a very decent amount for its duration or do damage. As it is, I have to chain cast it to keep it up whenever I've gotten Uncontrollable Body Tremors active. And casting it doesn't prevent them from lowering my inits either.
    Seeing as it doesn't remove their ability to heal themselves, I think it's only fair that it lasts longer than 15 seconds, or alternatively that it gets the same cast time as Lick Wounds.
    -Again, morph cast times. When you have to jump out of an anti-personnel turret to recapture a node/jumping out of a mech because it's just not needed anymore, you don't want to waste precious seconds recasting wolf form when an enemy could show up at any time.

And the number of dislikes does by no means reflect that I dislike my profession. My likes, especially in PvM, weigh far more than my dislikes.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234