Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 19th, 2010 - The trifecta!

Dammit no wonder they gave a discount
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Whether by reason of lunacy or desperation, should FC ever resort to hiring forum "game developers" and actually implement their inane and poorly considered "suggestions" this game would rapidly plunge deeply into the depths of oblivion never to emerge.

There, no names this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Whether by reason of lunacy or desperation, should FC ever resort to hiring forum "game developers" and actually implement their inane and poorly considered "suggestions" this game would rapidly plunge deeply into the depths of oblivion never to emerge.

lol almost the entire AO dev staff are former players. You fail.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I don't see it as if he was hinting at AO2 in any way. It's one of those jokes that you obviously have to make at some point when there's a lot of problems creeping up every week with the upgrade of AO
    That's how I understood it as well...

Nice FwM's btw
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I loled hard at the renta troll, its an awesome service. This is how /b/ could make money!
    http://www.rentatroll.com/
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

sorry for missing the post*just read it* well i think i recall player made parties as most and they were many and i recall arks was there so no ark made
    Hmm ashame its been slowing down

any ideas for eastern holiday ?

One problem is ofc that the programmer is my boss and he doesn't want me to change too much "in case i need to go back to the code". It's very Rube Goldberg in structure and done in LabVIEW (quite nice language actually). You can see very good examples of similar examples here.

I'm still working on my Nano Programming skills though.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    3. A great many playfields are being exported/committed to include "daily mission" content. Many of these playfields have not been committed inside the memory of anyone who still works here. Vanilla Ice was cool the last time these were exported.
    GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!
    GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!

... anyway
    2. The vast majority of the old engine has now been cut out of the new AO client. I thought this would take much longer than it did. Damn. I'm really hoping to get another video to you guys within the next 3 weeks. SOOO exciting.
    Sweet!!!! Can't wait.

If you ever do read this, has any word been reached on the Dual Trader Nanos of WTFcontroversy? i.e. BR/GTH?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    lol almost the entire AO dev staff are former players. You fail.
    Well aware of that. Wait for it...wait for it....starting to sink in yet? I did have actual names in mind but those posts are quickly deleted so no point in specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    This is my post. Enjoy.
    This is my post. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My post is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My post, without me, is useless. Without my post, I am useless.

Ooops, spouse aggro... have to cut this one short.

Well aware of that. Wait for it...wait for it....starting to sink in yet? I did have actual names in mind but those posts are quickly deleted so no point in specifics.
    You don't even have to mention the name & it can still happen lately.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Feb 21st, 2010 at 04:15:47.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I loled hard at the renta troll, its an awesome service. This is how /b/ could make money!
    We do not speak of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    This is my post. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My post is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My post, without me, is useless. Without my post, I am useless.

Ooops, spouse aggro... have to cut this one short.
    What moovei was that again?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Nameable bags, a battle zone where nanos are stripped on entry, plantable mines were all suggestions on the forums first.

[Removed ironic question as the back and forth, the ironic jests, the quips... not sure where this post would fall].
    Last edited by If6Was9; Feb 21st, 2010 at 09:13:20. Reason: [excised ironic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Full Metal Jacket iirc.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

The Creed of the United States Marine (It did appear in Full Metal Jacket)

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Nameable bags, a battle zone where nanos are stripped on entry, plantable mines were all suggestions on the forums first.
    Also the social tab, possibly doc's items redesign, I seriously cant think of all of the ideas as they are so numerous and common that they dont standout anymore. Oh, grid exit in ICC, the mail system, ok I'm out of list.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post

[Removed ironic question as the back and forth, the ironic jests, the quips... not sure where this post would fall].
    No, they stole it all from World of Warcraft, this is well known fact.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No, they stole it all from World of Warcraft, this is well known fact.
    NO, You're a world of Warcraft!
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Most people recognize it from a scene in Full Metal Jacket.
    Full Metal Jacket - Rifleman's Creed

Have to post this one too just.... because

This is my rifle. This is my gun from the same movie.
    Last edited by Crowena; Feb 22nd, 2010 at 00:18:38.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast